• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reapers Game III - Milford, CT - Jul 13, 08 - *NEW DATE!*

Kitoro

Smash Rookie
Sweet! I stumbled across this thread just in time!

My friend and I would love to head down there for some singles and doubles!

It's still all good to come, right? I hope there was no sort of pre-registration or anything I missed.

If not, we live about an hour and a half away, and we won't miss it for the world, so long as we can still register! We'll get there early, maybe around 10:45 and get some food while we wait for registration to start.

So everything is good for us to come, right?

Thanks!

Kitoro

Smash Rookie
Also, the controllers allowed seem to list only wireless controllers. Will I be good with a wired GC controller? I have an extension cord of need be. :psycho:

EDIT: As far as tap jumping is concerned, will we be able to quickly toggle it off before a match? Or should we be ready to just play with it on?

Lastly, I know infinite grabs will be allowed, but what about chain grabbing? I just want to be ready for any tactics that will be used, hehe.

Thanks again!

noodles

Smash Champion
place opens at 12. youll be straight with a wired gamecube controller lol. probably what half the people are useing. i dont think infinates/chaingrabs are banned though the iceclimbers should be expecially with nintendude coming to this event. you can take tap jump off/on in your matches. did i miss anything?

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Sweet! I stumbled across this thread just in time!

My friend and I would love to head down there for some singles and doubles!

It's still all good to come, right? I hope there was no sort of pre-registration or anything I missed.

If not, we live about an hour and a half away, and we won't miss it for the world, so long as we can still register! We'll get there early, maybe around 10:45 and get some food while we wait for registration to start.

So everything is good for us to come, right?

Thanks!
Also, the controllers allowed seem to list only wireless controllers. Will I be good with a wired GC controller? I have an extension cord of need be. :psycho:

EDIT: As far as tap jumping is concerned, will we be able to quickly toggle it off before a match? Or should we be ready to just play with it on?

Lastly, I know infinite grabs will be allowed, but what about chain grabbing? I just want to be ready for any tactics that will be used, hehe.

Thanks again!
Haha 10:45 is a little too early. I won't even be there by then. I'll be there probably 11:00am to set up the rest of the TVs and Wiis and whatever else. Also, please don't bring any food into the venue.

Andy will literally rip yr head off if you do, as will I, so don't do it. ^___^

Infinites and CGs are fine.

Just watch out for Nintendude. ^_~

Yes you can turn off tap jump before the match.

And GC controllers are pretty standard. I only know of one person who plays with Wiimote + Nunchuck who has come to the last two and that's Mallsanta.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I ALWAYS bring food to tournaments so I don't have to bother with finding a place to eat or spending more money than I have to. I've been doing this for years. Is it really that much of a problem? What if I just step outside to eat whenever I do?

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
I ALWAYS bring food to tournaments so I don't have to bother with finding a place to eat or spending more money than I have to. I've been doing this for years. Is it really that much of a problem? What if I just step outside to eat whenever I do?
Yeah, like I said, don't bring food to the venue... -______-;

You can eat yr food outside if you'd like, but don't bring it inside.

I don't like cleaning up after people either.

Also, I would like for doubles to run a bit more smoothly than they did last time so I will be assigning TVs.

No just looking up yr brackets and playing yr match at yr own leisure, apreesh.

@ Chum, yeah bring a Wii just in case we need it please. I think we have enough TVs (7).

Sol

Smash Lord
im comin to this and im gonna team with nintendude so watch out for our hammer combo(ddd+ic)

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
I might not come because my parents don't like the idea of playing for money that kind of BS, but I'll still try to make it.

Can't go, my dad's being an ***, he's like oh I don't want you at those kinds tournaments playing for money and it's illegal for minors to play for money and all that ****.

br4n

Smash Apprentice
I might not come because my parents don't like the idea of playing for money that kind of BS, but I'll still try to make it.

Can't go, my dad's being an ***, he's like oh I don't want you at those kinds tournaments playing for money and it's illegal for minors to play for money and all that ****.

ahahahah thats hillarious. best post possible.

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
Cat Fight, that was the hottest (literally) venue I've ever been to. Is there any way we can get some fans, or better placement in the game rooms (like, rows instead of up against the wall. So it's not so crowded) next time?

I was the dude with the new york hat (the black and red one). I wanted to get some friendlies in with you, but me and br4n decided to leave cause we were exhausted after doubles. Then you were in the middle of pikmin 2 when we left ;P so I didn't get to introduce myself, and pikmin 2 is srsbusiness so I didn't wanna bother you.

How about Cort making a scene LOL. Highlight of the day.

Anyways, see you next time around.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Cat Fight, that was the hottest (literally) venue I've ever been to. Is there any way we can get some fans, or better placement in the game rooms (like, rows instead of up against the wall. So it's not so crowded) next time?

I was the dude with the new york hat (the black and red one). I wanted to get some friendlies in with you, but me and br4n decided to leave cause we were exhausted after doubles. Then you were in the middle of pikmin 2 when we left ;P so I didn't get to introduce myself, and pikmin 2 is srsbusiness so I didn't wanna bother you.

How about Cort making a scene LOL. Highlight of the day.

Anyways, see you next time around.
Yeah I honestly wasn't expecting it to be so hot. The AC was on BLAST lol. I'll have to bring some extra fans on my own. My bad on the heat guys, seriously - haha.

You shoulda asked me for a friendly man don't be shy. :"P Pikmin 2 is pretty srsbiz though. @_@

See y'next time!

Zori

Smash Champion
Yeah like i think infamose bad guys won doubles and if cort went to singles im sure he placed high ......

TeeVee

Smash Lord
lol i remember our doubles match zori

Does anyone know for sure who won singles?

TeeVee

Smash Lord
yea man gg's to everyone that i played, that was my first smash tourny ever O_o

TeeVee

Smash Lord
zro's trash talking in the doubles finals was priceless, i can't wait to see the vid

Nibbity

Smash Journeyman
I heard it was legendary. I wish I was there to see it. I'd hate to be a victim to his trash talking, otherwise he's a polite and nice guy. He destroyed me haha.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
I heard it was legendary. I wish I was there to see it. I'd hate to be a victim to his trash talking, otherwise he's a polite and nice guy. He destroyed me haha.

Seriously, I felt bad for the other team. ZRO and the ZSS he was with were nasty and his trash talking was just embarrasing...

Nibbity

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, I felt bad for the other team. ZRO and the ZSS he was with were nasty and his trash talking was just embarrasing...
Yeah man. I'd hate to be the opposing team. It's so frustrating to see a player who has talk and the skill to back it up.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
zro's trash talking in the doubles finals was priceless, i can't wait to see the vid
Haha too funny. "Wow this is seriously finals? Wow." lolol

Uh, I'll post results tomorrow and what-not.

Sol and I were grand finals. He beat me in two sets rofl.

We split the $ anyways. It was freaking 12am way too tired to play seriously TBH so I just picked random *** CPs.

Don't mean to john Sol but sorry I couldn't give you better matches. :"P

Anyways, thanks everyone who came and put up with how packed and hot it was.

Hopefully bringing some fans next time will help with that. We had about 48(???) people show up and 50 is max so yeah it was packed heh.

Oh yeah vids will prob all be up by Tuesday.

Shy Guy

BRoomer
BRoomer
Amazing matches, guys. This was the funnest time I've had in a while. Great to meet lots of great new people and smashers. :D Good job on tie-ing (?)/winning, Wes! I'll definitely be attending the next tourney. GGs.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
1. Sol (Snake/Dedede)
2. Cat Fight (Snake)
3. Nintendude (Ice Climbers/G&W)
4. Snake (ZSS)

What was recorded? I wasn't aware that anything was.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Good **** everybody. Do the guys a favor in the future though and do your best to stick to the TV's your assigned to. Don't be afraid to kick friendlies off, tourney matches have to come first.

Once everything got settled in good job on Zach and Wes on running things. It went fairly smooth.

And really, Esticle 10 and Mass Madness 9 were way worse as far as heat goes. Way worse.

Sol

Smash Lord
teams

1 zro and snakee (Zro kirby+Snakee Zss)
2 spawn and icy (spawn olimar+icy toon)
3 nintendude and sol (ndude gaw +sol snake DDD)
good tourny i had alot of fun in the grand finals cause catfight brought me t every counter stage in the game LOL gg though

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
1. Sol (Snake/Dedede)
2. Cat Fight (Snake)
3. Nintendude (Ice Climbers/G&W)
4. Snake (ZSS)

What was recorded? I wasn't aware that anything was.
Both grand finals and some random matches.

I saw someone recording matches between Lock and Kito. If you happen to upload them post links in hurr.

Good **** everybody. Do the guys a favor in the future though and do your best to stick to the TV's your assigned to. Don't be afraid to kick friendlies off, tourney matches have to come first.

Once everything got settled in good job on Zach and Wes on running things. It went fairly smooth.

And really, Esticle 10 and Mass Madness 9 were way worse as far as heat goes. Way worse.
Thanks again Ace for helpin' us out.

Esticle 10 was pretty bad, yeah... lol

teams

1 zro and snakee (Zro kirby+Snakee Zss)
2 spawn and icy (spawn olimar+icy toon)
3 nintendude and sol (ndude gaw +sol snake DDD)
good tourny i had alot of fun in the grand finals cause catfight brought me t every counter stage in the game LOL gg though
Looool GGs indeed ^__^

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
No biggie Wes. Wasn't doing doubles and Zach and you needed a gopher to help smooth things out. I like helping out.

I still don't get the Pirate Ship thing, but I don't want to force you into any more long stage debates. It's nice to see a tourney director out here thinking for themselves on the stage list though. I don't dislike Cort's or anything, but it's nice to see it's not all just copy and pasted rules finding a venue and hoping for the best like some tourney's can seem to be.

Top Bottom