• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Really random *Possible new use of a tech*

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
I don't really follow Bowsers metagame since, yeah.

But I think I'm onto a new ledge/edge-guard tactic, it might be old since I don't really follow the Bowser stuff but here it is.

Input:
Dash towards a ledge, but so that you don't run off of it, but before you end the dash animation...
Side-B [Towards the stage, opposite direction of which you dashed]

Bowser sorta just hovers over the edge, it's really odd. You can do that claw jump thing, if you are quick. If you do it at the end of the stage you can Bair for a unexpected attack (Though I can't imagine why Bowser would need to go offstage for anything).

Please request a lock if this is old or anything.

*I can't support with vids, sorry. I don't own any of that equipment*

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Not off but close enough so that it looks like it.

*Here v ish*

(Lets say the dots are the edge of the stage and cover Bowsers dash animation as well (Not running) you want to dash from 'There' and SideB once you hit the edge.)

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Sounds similar to Mario's Cape Glide, except for the fact that it seems as though you have to turn around (correct?).

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
I guess, you don't glide though, and any character can do this. (The usefulness of the move determines how useful this is)

Falco, Fox, Samus, and Ganon have good ones.
Snake has it bad.
Bowser and Samus have the most unique ones though.

B!squick

Smash Master
The ledge does some weird things sometimes. If you throw one of Snake's grenades just right over a ledge, the 'nade's momemtum gets cancelled and it drops.

EDIT: Also, you can just save a replay and send it to someone. No equipment required.

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
I try to explain it in my own words (good that I'm familiar with this cause I found it out some weeks ago):
When you use SideB out of your forward momentum from running at the edge, it is cancelled and you just fall downwards. But if you are quick enough to reverse that SideB (that's the main problem I think), you will fall of the stage with your face to the stage, which leads to new possibilities like a walkoff Bair in direction offscreen.
The easier way to do this is to use the SideB during the start of the dash animation, because you can just press SideB into the other direction without doing the turnaroung animation of a dash. (I think that's the reason why most can't perform this).
So you have to stand about one foxtrott range away from the edge, dash towards the edge, and use SideB in the opposite direction of the dash when you just reached the edge.

B!squick

Smash Master
Welll....I'm amazing though.

I don't feel like sending replays, I mean it's Bowser.....
:/ That's kinda asinine, don't you think?

"Oh, guys! There's this tech that you pobably don't know about though you're SOL if you want me to do a decent job explaining how to do it."

What about editing a picture of FD like Lord Bowser suggested?

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I've done this before o: Messing around in training mode ffs, but uh, it's really hard to do. If you want to edgeguard you could just do the quarter-circle ledgegrab, or you could crawl to the ledge [facing the opposite end] and fortress off, OR you could just upb off the stage.

I guess the only upside is that if you mess this up you won't be jeopardizing your stock, right?

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Bowser hovers over the edge. You can Claw jump out or Bair back. You are relatively safe when you do this as long as you don't get hit off the stage.

For Bowser it isn't a new ledgegrabbing technique, more liek a new edge-guard option.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Are you talking about a ledge cancelled klaw, because if so I've been doing this for awhile, I'll upload a video within the next hour.

:083:

:083:

My Cat Owns

Smash Apprentice
From the video, I don't really even see what the technique does? Makes him fall a shorter distance? It almost just looks like he's dashing off the stage :?

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
Necro for the lulz? I think this is a known technique, just not applied because it doesn't generally provide an advantageous situation. Let us know if you find some uses for it though, maybe it could help bowsers amazing off stage game.

Top Bottom