• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reality 64: A Smash 64 Mod For Brawl [Not Quite The End | Page 26]

Obskore

Smash Ace
I'm sorry, but what exactly does the teaser mean?
all that comes to mind is "Dragon King: The Fighting Game", with that dragon-like face/helmet whatever it is. maybe some kind of model or skin for Captain Falcon, the most reminiscent leftover of what Smash 64 was going to originally be

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Shame this was cancelled. It sounded more interesting than Project M...

EazyDI

Smash Apprentice
All the dev members + anyone who ever thought this was going anywhere please hold this L

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
All the dev members + anyone who ever thought this was going anywhere please hold this L
The thing was, this project was going somewhere at a point, but then everything slowly broke down. Again don't wanna go into detail, but you get the idea.

I hope all of you are excited for what we're planning though.

Plague von Karma

The Resource Mogul
NNID
chippy2000
3DS FC
1848-2511-8044
Switch FC
SW-0980-5769-9485
Maybe you could release the last of the build so we can at least attempt to continue it later on? I'd love to at least see the mod...

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
I have an unofficial build that has all the codes in the op and custom stages if anyone wants that, but it crashes when a match starts. Also the animator seemed to be getting work done so I guess this could be unofficially continued.

Last edited:

Plague von Karma

The Resource Mogul
NNID
chippy2000
3DS FC
1848-2511-8044
Switch FC
SW-0980-5769-9485
I have an unofficial build that has all the codes in the op and custom stages if anyone wants that, but it crashes when a match starts. Also the animator seemed to be getting work done so I guess this could be unofficially continued.
Thus why I'm saying it should be unofficially resumed. It just makes perfect sense. I'd love to see the current build released so that it can be continued - I'd gladly try and build up devs since my SSB3D is getting no-where rn. If you want a link to that, just ask. It's an entirely new game though rather than a ROM Hack...

Jackpot08

Smash Apprentice
But why? Don't stop this project. This is an amazing concept that so many people are interested in. do you need more manpower? are you looking for donations? this has so much potential and it would be a shame to see it never see daylight

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Rimjo Rimjo and I are still working on this. Fox will be done once he gets the animations to me

I hear the birds are starting to fly south for winter tho

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Attention people of Smashboards! I have a working build of all the codes in the op. So there is a living build. This is what we'll be working off of, for the first release, I hope we get moveset changes on Fox, Ness, add some additional costumes. Things that are already done are of course that air dodging is removed, shield life has been tweaked, N64 Battlefield and FD are in, Game is automatically set at 5 Stocks/Unlimited Time/ Team attack, S-Canceling, and Taunt Canceling

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Just a (probably obvious) thought here, but maybe the people that are running their own Smash 64 projects concurrently could pool some of their time and ideas together?

I would also like to help out with some things, but I would need to become more well-versed with the tools we have for Smash hacking. At the very least I can probably help with textures and sound effect editing, as well as stage and character concepts.

Rimjo

Smash Rookie
Sucks that the project is dead. Well if it makes anyone feel better, Ive been working on a smash 64 mod since july, This is what I have so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcs6xb-jXyc&feature=youtu.be
Work on Reality 64 is still going! It's just slowed down a bit because of some of the members having to take care of other stuff going on in their lives. And don't worry guys, i'll have something regarding the development process to show before December. ;)

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
I'm glad this project isn't dead; I've been looking forward to it for more than a year now. I'll still believe in you guys for as long as the project continues. :)

Last edited:

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Can anyone do an import for me? I need the help, and no one on the team currently knows how to. It's a model I made on blender for a character's costume. If you can, I'll send you the model.

Rage83

Smash Ace
Can anyone do an import for me? I need the help, and no one on the team currently knows how to. It's a model I made on blender for a character's costume. If you can, I'll send you the model.
As i'm still in touch with him, I could have bizzozeron do the rigging(when he can), while I look at anything with material effects.

The Pizza Guy

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone here remember me? I'm a supporter from a while back.
I just wanted to say it's great that you guys are still going despite some troubles and that I wish you the best of luck on this project.

Stay cool, guys.:shades:

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
I'd like to release a teaser every other Thursday, like how Project M did Art Tuesday, but I'm not sure there is enough content yet. After the first release.

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
Though I haven't posted anything here, I've been following this project for a few months now. I'm glad that it isn't cancelled and that it seems like it will be getting a proper release soon. Though I unfortunately cannot contribute anything to the project as far as art (aside from mediocre sketches, if those would be needed for any reason), coding, modelling, etc., I'll be more than happy to support and play it. Good luck guys.

Sucks that the project is dead. Well if it makes anyone feel better, Ive been working on a smash 64 mod since july, This is what I have so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcs6xb-jXyc&feature=youtu.be
Assuming you and these guys are going for essentially the same thing, you and the R64 guys should totally team up.

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Though I haven't posted anything here, I've been following this project for a few months now. I'm glad that it isn't cancelled and that it seems like it will be getting a proper release soon. Though I unfortunately cannot contribute anything to the project as far as art (aside from mediocre sketches, if those would be needed for any reason), coding, modelling, etc., I'll be more than happy to support and play it. Good luck guys.

Assuming you and these guys are going for essentially the same thing, you and the R64 guys should totally team up.
Honestly that mod doesn't look very Smash 64ish. It just looks like brawl with N64 skins and combos. Only basic character tweaks, one N64 stage, and there are a bunch of random skins. All of the shown changes to the engine are already in R64. From that, there isn't anything to add that would keep the mod professional looking. It kinda looks like a mod that would eventually add Goku in, and that's a no-no

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
i like how you added the shadows behind platforms like Brawl did, i didn't think anyone else noticed that :0
I actually made it. I noticed that on Brawl, so I wanted it to match the style. Here's another example

Top Bottom