• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reality 64: A Smash 64 Mod For Brawl [Not Quite The End | Page 26]

Vale

Smash Ace
The amount of time I have is pretty variable. In general, though, I have more time towards the ends of weeks (Thursday-Sunday). I'll start with taunt animations and see where it goes from there. If the numbers are there, I could also try to edit character attributes such as weight.

Josiah Virgil

Smash Cadet
Once these movesets are made to standard with their N64 counterparts, I request a download so I can put standing grabs in place of the dashing grab.

kenshen

Smash Journeyman
The amount of time I have is pretty variable. In general, though, I have more time towards the ends of weeks (Thursday-Sunday). I'll start with taunt animations and see where it goes from there. If the numbers are there, I could also try to edit character attributes such as weight.
Weight is actually really hard to master because in smash 64 its backwards compared to other smash games in the sense that the lower the number the heavier you are. http://smashboards.com/threads/super-smash-bros-64-frame-data-info.100456/

Last edited:

Madao

Weight is actually really hard to master because in smash 64 its backwards compared to other smash games in the sense that the lower the number the heavier you are. http://smashboards.com/threads/super-smash-bros-64-frame-data-info.100456/
I'm pretty sure people already came up with the conversion formula for weight. Also Ant-d is a fraud.
Here is the real character data. http://smashboards.com/threads/compilation-of-technical-frame-data.325142/
All he did was copy numbers from the Japanese site, which is wrong because NTSC and PAL have different character stats.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
This looks cool!

Will everyone have 64ish movesets like what Project M did?

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
In my honest opinion, yes.

Also, Casual version of Saffron City is done. I just need approval from Capps in order for me to show it off.

D

Deleted member

I'm trying to use the PAL version of the default options code described in the tutorial thread but it doesn't work, am i missing something? :ohwell:

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
@Kafei88Ale - We've never added that code in the list, as of what I know the last time I checked, which was about a week ago.

EDIT: Actually, here's my question to you, good sir. What codes do you have on your SD Card? You can give me a list of all the codes you're using via PM'ing me or you can tell me right in this topic. Giving me the actual names of the codes and/or what region they're from will help me find your problem even faster. Either way, I'll be able to get the info in no time! ;)

@ kenshen kenshen - I'll go right on ahead and make the weight of each character a bit more simpler.

Mario - 100
Fox - 100
Donkey Kong - 113
Samus - 108
Yoshi - 106
Link - 104
Jigglypuff - 65
Kirby - 74
Pikachu - 80
Captain Falcon - 104
Luigi - 100
Ness - 88
Info above is found on this website: Weight - Smashpedia

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
I'd like to see the comparisons. Also I randomly found the how to play stage in the brawlvault.

i'd suggest to make the platform in the left to move back and forth (like Smash Ville)
and to stop in the middle for a while, move and stop to the right, go back to the middle and stop, then left and so on
this project looks promising :3

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
Who likes good news, in relative to Reality 64? Cause I do. :awesome:

Casual Saffron City Version 1.0!

Changes from the Original:​
  • Completely new layout.
  • All buildings that the characters can stand on are spaced out more.
  • More platforms than the original.
  • Most platforms are colored different, the spoilers below will tell you what makes each and every one of them different along with picture(s) of them.

The platforms with yellow stripes on them are semi-solid platforms, so they act like the base platform of Kongo Jungle, but they also move up and down.

The platform that has blue stripes will tilt from side to side and undo itself, similar to Yoshi's Island's floating platform. Also it doesn't automatically undo itself, so in other words, it will pause, while it's tilted or when it's flat.

These platforms off to the right move around each other in a counter-clockwise motion, they move very slow, and they never stop moving.

I'm trying to make the camera act like it was in 64, so the camera isn't perfect yet, and so is the boundaries and what not. I decided to have a download for this, and it goes over Pokemon Stadium 2, for now. I'll probably be moving it to go over some other stage on the next version, and I need feedback on all of your opinions on the layout, so I can fix/change it to your liking.

Other than that, enjoy! ;)

Download (V1)

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
i'd like to point out how will the game differ in the technical aspect of the game, since Original Smash 64 uses Square hitboxes

also, will that stage have a competitive counterpart?

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
Obskore said:
i'd like to point out how will the game differ in the technical aspect of the game, since Original Smash 64 uses Square hitboxes

also, will that stage have a competitive counterpart?
Yes. Also meaning that all non-competitive stages listed below will have a competitive version as well. ;)

Peach's Castle
Saffron City
Kongo Jungle
Mushroom Kingdom
Planet Zebes
Yoshi's Island
Sector Z

Last edited:

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Who likes good news, in relative to Reality 64? Cause I do. :awesome:

Casual Saffron City Version 1.0!

Changes from the Original:​
  • Completely new layout.
  • All buildings that the characters can stand on are spaced out more.
  • More platforms than the original.
  • Most platforms are colored different, the spoilers below will tell you what makes each and every one of them different along with picture(s) of them.

The platforms with yellow stripes on them are semi-solid platforms, so they act like the base platform of Kongo Jungle, but they also move up and down.

The platform that has blue stripes will tilt from side to side and undo itself, similar to Yoshi's Island's floating platform. Also it doesn't automatically undo itself, so in other words, it will pause, while it's tilted or when it's flat.

These platforms off to the right move around each other in a counter-clockwise motion, they move very slow, and they never stop moving.

I'm trying to make the camera act like it was in 64, so the camera isn't perfect yet, and so is the boundaries and what not. I decided to have a download for this, and it goes over Pokemon Stadium 2, for now. I'll probably be moving it to go over some other stage on the next version, and I need feedback on all of your opinions on the layout, so I can fix/change it to your liking.

Other than that, enjoy! ;)

Download (V1)
So is this a demo or just the stage?

InnerMobius

Smash Apprentice
Looks epic, glad I won't have to assemble this myself! I actually started to. By the way, I didn't read through everything on here, but if nobody's mentioned it yet there are a few N64 Links on the Brawl Vault, but the one ripped from OOT is far better looking than the Smash 64 rip.

EDIT: Also, I made texture edits to an N64 Ganondorf I found on there, complete with the white haired 'Grandpadorf". If you guys would like to make use of it, lemme know.

sushifreAk

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cyb3Rnite
3DS FC
4554-0880-9460
Oh my god, this sounds epic. I've been waiting for something like this to pop up.

I'd love to do some art/website design for you guys. I'm pretty good at image editing and I know a little bit of HTML, but I can always learn more. I have Photoshop and Dreamweaver, and I'm usually available on weekends. Tell me if there's something you need done. I can do PSA too, to an extent.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I'M BACK!

I won get into my personal life but sorry that I was gone, obviously we'll have some cool updates soon! ;)

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
It'll most likely to be Circular hitboxes, I think, just so most moves are less disjointed than what it should've been, but who knows. :ohwell:

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
I'D PLAY this

i stalked madao (first time EVER LOL!) here

Thanks for everything so far and what's to come, MADAO.

if you show up to a tournament i go to ill buy you a lunch

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
My guess is with the 64 models from Brawl Vault (with permission need to use them), we probably will. Also, the Hit Sound's, Crowd's, and Mario's SFX is mostly done, just missing an audio file or two for each of them.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
OH GOOD!

and another quick question, will this mod focus in using "retro 64 bits" models for the characters?
I know we're looking into the idea, it depends on how hard it is to execute for everyone. We definitely like the idea of having it at least somewhere, an alternate costume at a bare minimum.

DiZZ

Smash Apprentice
Really want to see a release atleast a beta for all of reality 64's followers soon
been waiting for months so anxious would love to play it :D

InnerMobius

Smash Apprentice
I uploaded my recolors (and CSPs and Inffaces) of Mewtwo2000's 2011 N64 OOT Ganondorf.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/Bra...437&Moderated=All&Moderated=All&facebook=true

Feel free to use it! Also, closed alphas for people interested in the project would be spectacular. (I'm just learning about brawl hacking or I'd offer to help more, but perhaps I'd be able to help with the low-poly models when needed(low-poly ZSS shouldn't be too hard right??))

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
I know we're looking into the idea, it depends on how hard it is to execute for everyone. We definitely like the idea of having it at least somewhere, an alternate costume at a bare minimum.
A suggestion.
If you could get someone to work on textures and character models, i would say to change the style of the characters to be more simplistic and less realistic. Keep the aesthetic appeal of 64's characters with the graphical power of brawl. As far as alternate costumes and team colors go, maybe have 4 costumes which are unique to the character and can only be selected in free for all and 3 team costumes which are only selectable via team mode. In some cases you might have a shared outfit giving every character 6 or 7 costumes equally. Of course this might not even be relevant right now but i just wanted to give you something to consider when you work on each character.

Top Bottom