• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reality 64: A Smash 64 Mod For Brawl [Not Quite The End | Page 26]

Mr Bushido

Smash Ace
I'd like to restate that if Side Specials can be removed, then it's a better idea to do so.

Side specials affect the entire recovery hierarchy and hinder moves like Fox's laser us 64 players are used to firing without expecting it to turn into Fox Illusion if we accidentally tilt the stick slightly.

Also, no upthrows/downthrows plz. They would add an unnecessary extra chaingrabbing aspect to the game which we don't need. Fthrow/Bthrow is enough.

Everything else seems good to me!

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
That's from KTH's version of SSB Wii U Mario. You likey?

Also working on a complete different layout for Saffron City. It'll be the Casual Version, first. Expect it to be seen in November.

Sensei

Smash Lord
Normally I would be against the use of C-sticks for smash and aerial attacks, but maybe if we can allow this option to potentially bring a larger audience of melee and brawl players because that is the #1 complaint I hear from those players when transitioning to SSB64.

Also I like the "jankiness" from some of the stages like peach's castle's bumpers and hyrule's tornadoes as it definitely adds some humor and fun for the game. Maybe we can allow an option to disable or enable this features as well.

Also I support this.

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
I know that there is a way to get the actual bumper and the tornado into the stage(s) with hitbox parameters, but I'd have to mess around with the rel files, which will take a long time to do. I saw Mewtwo2000 trying to add the tornado into Hyrule Castle, and I was surprised to see that it works in game, but it can't move, and it's a 1-Hit KO'er. It was just there for testing, but I'm not sure if he'll add that on the next update.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Not gonna lie – I'm kind of salty that this has taken off because Bloodpeach and I have been discussing of working on a project like this. Like, who the hell is Capps? lol

GOOD LUCK

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Not gonna lie – I'm kind of salty that this has taken off because Bloodpeach and I have been discussing of working on a project like this. Like, who the hell is Capps? lol

GOOD LUCK
He listed other Brawl to 64 projects that failed in the past, the question seems to be the caliber of the team

The Revolutionary Cafe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CafeRevolution
3DS FC
2766-9632-2051
Switch FC
5665-2697-0979
This looks really cool! Is it gonna work the way installing project M works or is it gonna require the Homebrew Channel?

MVP

Smash Ace
this is really interesting, any guesses on a demo release soon?

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
That I don't know as of yet. This is more like Capp's question, but I'd doubt it that he'll make a demo release date as of now.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
this is really interesting, any guesses on a demo release soon?

Sluigi has that right, we still have quite a bit to do, I want to make sure if you get a demo it's more then just a few stages and less characters, I want the physics to be good and to have it presented nicely. :)

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I know this may be impossible as of now but it would be cool if a demo was ready for Apex 2014 if you guys plan on attending.

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
I'm very certain about Apex, but the best that I could do is getting myself in Skype with the rest of the team. That is IF we're able to pull it off, but the chances of that is very slim. :glare:

Madao

We do have the ability to come up with a demo by then, unless some of us are too busy irl. I mean a demo is just a demo, so all we need to do is make a few codes, and figure out how to do the moveset swap, and maybe have a few custom stages. I downloaded dolphin and messed around with it, unfortunately I do not get 60fps, and I haven't got the chance to test out the debugger yet. Hopefully it will be good enough for what I am trying to accomplish.

Zujx

Smash Apprentice
I wish you guys the best of luck I would love to see this succeed

Fully supported I'll definitely check frequently to see your progress!

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
My first stage is finally at its final version, with multiple editions to the stage. I tried to make so it can be casual and competitive at the same time, but slightly more towards the competitive side. Come check it out!

Subspace Emissary (Final Ver.)

Once I get the color pack done for this stage, I'll mostly be working on this project, so expect some 64 stage pics later this month! :grin:

Also, if you guys want to see the comparisons of the 64 stages I made, all you have to do is ask.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I'd like to see the comparisons. Also I randomly found the how to play stage in the brawlvault.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
couple of thoughts:

-you should rethink a lot of the newer brawl stages for competitive play. the best example I can think of is frigate orpheon or norfair, stages that are considered not good enough for brawl play, but could work very well in 64.

-how would some of the character designs particularly work? I can understand some characters would function pretty easily well, but I feel like some characters, like bowser or olimar, might not work as well, because they tend to mostly operate on singular hits, in a meta where moves should be able to convert into each other easily. it would be interesting to see what you'd come up with them.

-on the note of olimar, a lot of his design might need to be rethinked altogether. this is because, since you're likely taking away side-b's (which is fair enough), olimar would have to lose his pikmin throw, and replacing any of his other specials would hurt him too hard.

Kati

Smash Lord
I think the goal is to get a version with just the 64 vets, and then consider the rest of the cast, but it is a good question nonetheless.

I have a balanced version of Orpheon too.

Comparisons would be vital to ensure that the new versions are indeed worth having.

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
I think the goal is to get a version with just the 64 vets, and then consider the rest of the cast, but it is a good question nonetheless.

I have a balanced version of Orpheon too.

Comparisons would be vital to ensure that the new versions are indeed worth having.
Have you guys achieved 64 sfx yet? I really can't wait for a demo. Can I be a playtester? I'd be happy to report glitches

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
I'm still working on the 64 Hit SFX, with the inclusion of the 64's Crowd Voice clips as well. After that will be the characters' turn for their voice clips to be like in 64, well... for the original 12 characters to start with.

You could be one of our playtesters, but it depends on Capps if we need a playtester at this point in time. I'm not saying that you're not going to be one, it's just that we haven't made much progress yet.

Rood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Rood2790
You could be our playtester, but it depends on Capps if wee need a playtester at this point in time. I'm not saying that you're not going to be one, it's just that we haven't made much progress yet.
YO!!! If you need playtesters PM me I'm all for it!!!

Rood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Rood2790
Reads Update...

Also, will the game have a Wifi-safe version if its not Wifi-safe to begin with?

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Hey. This is a cool project, I'm so happy someone is finally doing something like this. I thought that dBrawl thing was the last attempt to ever creating a project like this. I hope it pulls through as much as Project M did, it'll take a lot of work but if everyone has the motivation and coding ability, it'll definitely become a possibility. :oo~

I can be apart of the team, if you'd like-- as a web designer. If you don't already have one, that is. I have some web design history for a few years now. o: Even art designer; can't really make a website without knowing some Photoshop skillz, lol

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Hey. This is a cool project, I'm so happy someone is finally doing something like this. I thought that dBrawl thing was the last attempt to ever creating a project like this. I hope it pulls through as much as Project M did, it'll take a lot of work but if everyone has the motivation and coding ability, it'll definitely become a possibility. :oo~

I can be apart of the team, if you'd like-- as a web designer. If you don't already have one, that is. I have some web design history for a few years now. o: Even art designer; can't really make a website without knowing some Photoshop skillz, lol

I admit that would be wonderful! We're not quite ready for a site yet, as soon as we are expect a pm!

DiZZ

Smash Apprentice
I absolutely love this and would love to be apart of it in anyway shape or form (prerferably a beta tester)

Top Bottom