• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Realistic Guesses are Well and Good, but Let's Hear Some Crazy Newcomer Ideas

D

Deleted member

Characters who i would love to see in Smash and could end up crying of joy to their reveals:

>Crash Bandicoot
>Coco Bandicoot
>Spyro
>Dixie Kong
>Baby Metroid
>Adeleine
>Waluigi
>Beat from Jet Set Radio
>Eggman
>Hero/Eight from Dragon Quest 8
>Darkrai

Manondork

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gamespeopleplay
3DS FC
1607-1414-7791
Switch FC
SW-5378-6419-6394
I don't know if anyone else has said this yet, but...

This guy right here would be my pick for my craziest newcomer idea. Cool Spot is the dead mascot of 7Up (quite literally; he went from a living red dot with sunglasses and limbs to just a regular red spot on the 7Up logo), but he did have five games. The first, titled "Spot: The Video Game", was made for the Amiga, Atari ST, MS-DOS, and NES, and it also got a Game Boy port. The second game is the most well known one that Cool Spot has, and it was just called "Cool Spot". Said game was ported over to the Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis, then ported over to the Sega Master System, Sega Game Gear, the Game Boy, the Amiga, and the DOS. There was also a Game Boy exclusive third game, though it was a rebranded port of the NES game M.C. Kids, so it isn't really anything special. The final game Cool Spot had, "Spot Goes To Hollywood", was never brought to a Nintendo console, sadly.

The SNES version of "Cool Spot" is a game I hold much nostalgia for. This has been a sort of guilty pleasure character I've wanted for Smash, something I know is impossible in every way but would absolutely love to see in the game. I actually made up a move set for him before; it'd mostly involve the kind of stuff he does in "Cool Spot", from shooting bubbles of 7Up to his opponents to riding the waves on a 7Up bottle like a surfboard. Some moves would probably use the yo-yo he pulls out in his idle animation in that same game, I imagine, and the Final Smash could be a reference to the ending of the Sega Genesis version of "Cool Spot", where Cool Spot stands on a giant 7Up bottle like a podium in front of ten of his brethren and they all pull up signs that spell out Cool with several "O"s.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Master list:
Gordon from Half-Life
Chell from Portal
Tabuu from Brawl.
The Kid from Bastion.
Ajay from Far Cry.
Deku or Bakugo from the MHA games.
Thanos from the Avengers games.
Dark Lord from Miitopia.
Montia from Nintendo Land.
Kara from Detroit: Become Human.
Guardian from Breath of the Wild.
A dancer from Just Dance.
The Knight from Hollow Knight.
Giygas from the Mother games.
Cat from the Battle Cats.
Cadence from Crypt of the Necrodancer.
Kratos from God of War.
Nathan from Uncharted.
Evil Piano from Mario 64.

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
I have a lot
Stardew Valley Farmer
A Temtem Representative
Firiona Vie from Everquest
Thrall from Warcraft
Zeratul from Starcraft
Croagunk from Pokemon
Dismarelda from Yokai Watch
Fjorm from FE Heroes
Raz from Psychonauts
Amelia from Fire Emblem Sacred Stones

AND LAST OF ALL...
K.K. Slider

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Royal Giant (Clash Royale)
Elite Barbarians (Clash Royale)
Bull (Brawl Stars)
Spike (Brawl Stars)
The E-Shop Bag
Reckless Wiimote Safety Man
Labo Man
Chicken (Crossy Road)
Mr. Resetti
Magikarp
Masahiro Sakurai himself!

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
Personally, in terms of a crazy character idea that still makes sense in Smash, Qbby from Boxboy is a character I legitimately want in Smash (he’s not top 10 material right now, but I still want him in). His moveset could be based around creating boxes to try and push opponents away from you. It would be a little overpowered, but Qbby has next to no jump, meaning you’ll have to create boxes fast enough to try and get back on the stage.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Probably this guy as a surprise ad character

Untitled.png

He's from the new IP Daemon X Machina. Basically your :ultrobin: / :ultcorrin: / :ultvillager:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
If Darkrai from Pokemon was a newcomer on DLC or something, I'll be so hype I won't mind rest of the roster.

Brothanigus

Smash Apprentice
Sir Daniel Fortesque Rises from the Dead Once Again.
237218-sdf.jpg

Unique mechanic that spawns random shields/weapons one at a time. Picking these up will alter his moveset. You can hold 2-3 at a time plus a shield.

Tilts and smash attack are his sword/various weapons. Maybe have the down smash his sword charge attack, since he spins when doing this. Smash attacks could be different depending on the weapon(s) you are holding(like holding the hammer would make the forward smash the hammer charge attack from the games.) Not sure if different swords should drop, this may be hard to balance.

Down B is Dan Hand - He'll put his head onto a hand(which follows him throughout the fight but cannot attack until this move is used) and said hand will walk around the field and grab an enemy after the head is placed on it, dealing damage overtime(kinda like pikmen)

Side B is Shield charge - Damage and knockback is dependent on the shield you are holding.

Neutral B is the Chicken Drumstick - Dan will throw the Drumstick in an arch and if doesn't hit an enemy, it'll sit there and you can eat it to heal, OR if it does hit an enemy, they "trip"(like Diddy's Banana) except the tripping animation is replaced with a quick chicken transformation

Up B - I was thinking Dan throws a life bottle to thw ground(or below him in the air/can be directed) and said bottle will explode if it hits something. This will damage Dan but let him float back to the stage(like it does in the games.)

Ultimate - He uses the Good Lightening & the Chalice to bring the Knights of Gallowmere to the battle. Not sure how this should work, was thinking they jump around the battlefield and attack randomly or it's an all out attack ala Simon/Link.

Edit: Should I make this it's own thread for discussion?

Last edited:

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Master Chief, Banjo/Kazooie, & Steve as a single PT-style transforming fighter. Get all of the MS representation out at once.

Grie

Smash Apprentice
A mounted unit from fe, like Sigurd or Elliwood (he gets a mount when he promotes).

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I think I may have my trump card for Crazy Awesome Newcomers that will NEVER happen but would be amazingly hype.

Henry Stickmin, from his self titled series with games known as Xing the Y.

If he got in I might even consider giving up Arle. I'd never ask for anything ever again, it would be too hype.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Tak.

He's owned by Nickelodeon, but was created as a videogame character, about 4 years before his cartoon aired its short-lived series. I haven't played his original game, but I remember liking his second and third games when I was younger (I'd play them again, but I don't have them anymore, I'll have to get new copies).

I don't really care too much but I would like his inclusion, plus if he was included in Smash then Spongebob would exist in the Smash universe, as would other Nickelodeon franchises because Tak crossed over with them as a main character in a couple of games or so (so they wouldn't really be in Smash, but they would...exist, somewhere...).

Last edited:

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
If we're getting 4th party rep in the future, let me play some Code Lyoko characters ! I would be VERY happy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Rambi the Rhino from the Donkey Kong Country series.

Why include him? Because he's very iconic to the DKC franchise, and would lead to a completely unique playstyle in Smash, where he'd basically be a heavy weight rush down character who's very strong on the ground, but weaker in the air. He would have bad recovery, possibly having no Up B recovery at all similar to the likes of Yoshi and Jigglypuff, but very strong mobile rush down or rather.. charge down / trampling playstyle.

His horn would be disjointed, his weight be similar to Bowser and K.Rool, probably more like K.Rool though, but his mobility is Captain Falcon levels. He would be an extreme fast falling character however, with lower jumps, a good short hop but clumsy aerials, have a charge down Special attack that gives him super armor, very high hitstun on impact and have very strong kill power, however he's doesn't like projectiles, combos, has a very large and wide hurtbox and he cannot recover at all.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
I have a group of fighters that would surprise them

Promoting to playable
Lugia
Shadow
Midna
Krystal
Bomberman
Shovel Knight
Kumatora
Spring-Man
Marx
Skull Kid

Promoted from Spirits
Fawful
Shantae
Ray-Man
Dixie Kong
Bandanna Dee
Bio-Rex
Chun Li
Elma
Muddy Mole
And for a more suprising one: Peckish Aristocrab

Echoes
Dark Bowser

More oddball choices

Creature from E.V.O Search For Eden
Zebstrika
Plants vs Zombies (Crazy Dave would be the one)
Midbus

And to finish it off

Escargoon (Kirby Right Back at Ya)

Last edited:

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
I would love more references to pre-video game Nintendo, at minimum a Hanafuda stage. Love hotel stage works too
A NES Pinball stage as well

Marina from Mischief Makers
Captain Syrup
Maxwell
The Protagonist from GBA Sims Bustin Out and The Urbz (There is actually a good moveset potential here, lol)
Digimon World rep
Monster Rancher rep
Oh, and for a really silly idea, the prophet/priest from Age of Empires I fighting by summoning units from AoE I and II

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
This enemy from Space Invaders. We've had weirder choices (Mr Game & Watch, R.O.B and Duck Hunt). Also would be a Square Enix rep because Square Enix owns Taito.

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet
Legend of zelda cartoon link and lego harry potter

Last edited:

~?~

The Strangest Link Main
The Smash Bros Sandbag joins the battle!

Neutral/Back/Forward/Up/Downair are him flailing with hitboxes.
Up special he hits himself with a bat and launches in desired direction.
Downspecial he counters with a bat.
Side Special he sprays food items.
neutral special is a charge move that functions like an FS meter for a final smash, or produces a smash ball.

Titls are all jank tilts as well as his smash attacks.
His forward smash should just be him falling over.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I would love to see Jason from the Blaster Master series, but I have no idea how they would incorporate Sophia III into his move set without making it a final smash.

I also low key want Ekoro from Gal Gun.
She wouldn’t hit very hard, but she could dazzle opponents a lot with her pheromone gun. And her final smash could be Doki Doki mode.

Top Bottom