• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Realistic Guesses are Well and Good, but Let's Hear Some Crazy Newcomer Ideas

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

Kyo Kusanagi and Iori Yagami from KoF, with Iori being a semi-clone/echo of Kyo.

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice
Nabbit, I've always liked his design and character. I imagined him working as a speedy character that can steal people's projectiles like Villager.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Infernape:
Infernape.png

The Goku of the Pokemon series. Also, my favourite Pokemon character and first starter.
Neutral Attack: A basic jab attack. Infernape attacks with Fury Swipes and ends the attack off with a kick. Similar to Fox.

Forward Tilt: Infernape uses Brick Break and hits the opposing player. Works similarly to Ryu's forward tilt where he can break shields.

Up Tilt: Infernape punches up forward into the air sending anyone near up.

Down tilt: Infernape crouches down and useS Scratch.

Forward Smash: Infernapes fires a devastating Fire Blast hitting anyone in his direction.

Up Smash: Infernape uses Aerial Ace and rises up into the air. Depending on how long you charge you can go higher.

Down Smash: Infernape crouches down and uses Double Kick kicking back and forth.

Neutral Air: Infernape uses Blaze Kick and spins around in the air. Anyone near will get damaged.

Forward Air: Infernape uses Shadow Claw and rears back his and then does an overhead(Similar to Mario's Foward Air)

Down Air: Infernape use Blaze Kick and sets his feet on fire striking down towards the ground. Similar to Greninja's Down Air but a bit more slower in falling.

Back Air: Infernape uses Brick Break and attacks behind him. Once again can break Sheilds.

Grab: Normal basic grab.

Pummel: Infernape repeatedly punches the opponent

Forward Throw: Infernape throws the other player forward and uses Rock Slide.

Back Throw: Infernape throws the enemy behind and uses Grass Knot to trip them down to the ground.

Down Throw: Infernape throws the enemy to the ground and uses Brick Break.

Up Throw: Infernape throws the opponent and uses Stone Edge damaging them.

Neutral Special: Infernape uses Mach Punch punching in an upwards position. Kind of like the Mii Brawlers Ultimate Uppercut move. (Custom Moves: 1. Thunder Punch 2. Poison Jab)

Side Special: Infernape inhales for 5 seconds and then unleashes a powerful Flamethrower. Can be charged. (Custom Moves: 1. Will-O-Wisp 2. Overheat)

Down Special: Infernape use Calm Mind and his attack and defence decreases. This state only lasts a short while and has a 15-minute countdown before you can use it again.

Up Special: Infernape uses Fire Spin and surrounds himself in a vortex of flames whilst launching up into the air.

Final Smash: Now I actually have two ideas for his Final Smash 1. Infernape uses the Z-Move, Inferno Overdrive unleashing a huge burst of fire around him. or 2. Blaze: Infernape activates his ability Blaze and his moveset drastically changes.

Neutral Special: Infernape uses Close Combat and unleashes a flurry of punches.

Side Special: Infernape exhales and then use Overheat.

Down Special: Infernape does a curling position and then rushes at the opposing players with a giant Flame Wheel. Direction can be changed.

Up Special: Infernape cloaks himself with flames and rushes towards in whichever direction depending on which direction the player holds the analog stick to. Although he deals damage to himself.

link2702

Smash Champion
Idk about getting me jumping out of my seat cheering(since that response would be for geno, who actually has a very good chance this time) but a character that has near 0 chance that would definitely surprise me and I’d certainly be glad (albeit confused) they got in, is brian from quest64.

Idk why i have such a nostalgic soft spot for the game, it’s not one of my first n64 games like mk64 or mario 64. It’s underwhelming overall for sure. Maybe it’s the artstyle and theme during a time when the steampunk style RPGs were everywhere, or the music or battle system, but either way there is something that draws me back to quest64 every few years, so it’d be quite a shock to see the game even acknowledged by Nintendo.

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
Golden Axe, not the video game Character the one from sonic for hire

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'd be utterly ecstatic about characters from Mischief Makers and Bangai-O showing up, since Treasure would actually be acknowledging IPs other than S&P.

Also, Marco from Metal Slug. With the entire Peregrine Falcons and Ikari Warriors squads as alts/echoes.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
The main character from South Park: The Stick of Truth and its sequel TECHNICALLY come from a video game and have no other disqualifying factors... they'd fit into Smash amazingly well...

Though divorcing them from the rest of South Park is harder than divorcing Sora from Disney. I can't even say the name of the character or the second game.

Last edited:

link Г

Smash Rookie

Kiddy Kong (WHY DOESN'T ANYONE LOVE HIM)
Kiddy is cool. And here's a crazy newcomer idea, the Double Trouble Duo. If they're considering making Dixie a Diddy clone, then I'd rather take her as a tag team with Kiddy. She could be Kiddy's Duck Hunt duck.

I only have two: Lester the Unlikely, and Angry Video Game Nerd.
AVGN with Lester as an echo who randomly trips and hurts himself like Pichu?

Chief is basically the ceiling of character reveals, he is the biggest possible video game character you could have in Smash. I think he has a lot of things going for him
-Phil Spencer being okay with Banjo in Smash, he'd probably be okay with this as well
-Microsoft and Nintendo being more friendly lately
-Sakurai wanting this to be the biggest crossover game ever and loves to surprise people with character reveals. Having the mascot character from a currently existing rival console does both of those things
-Halo music and stage
-this

Nintendo's big three going up against Sega, Playstation, and Xbox

Do I think he is likely? not really. But I do think he has a chance. If we get Banjo, then I will start thinking that it is likely, Sakurai is not going to pass this up if he has the opprotunity to get him.
Yes, Master Chief would be the ceiling of video game character reveals, but,
Goku would be the ceiling of character reveals overall. I think both him and Master Chief are more likely than people may think. The next step after Cloud would be Banjo, then Master Chief and then peak hype with Goku.

User Name String

Smash Apprentice
Petz Catz/ Dogz 2 Console Final Boss (yes a Zelda styled action adventure Petz game) : Ivlet-
Reasons: Epic theme, two very cool designs, I believe you fight him after he summons a dragon and sends it after you Ganon style, and finally strangely intimidating.
Just listen to this and tell me it wouldn't be cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCEoOV5zEN8

(Edit: apparently Ivlet is owned by Ubisoft, go figure)

Last edited:

Primid

Smash Apprentice
We need the greatest video game hero of all time to make an appearance.

I'm of course talking about the fearless yellow square from the Atari classic Adventure.

A26_01.gif

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
There’s one game that’s very important to video game history, however for certain reasons we wouldn’t be able to get any playable fighters from it. However, a stage based off of it would be fantastic. The game I’m talking about is, of course, ET: The Video Game, The video game that nearly ruined the industry and was buried and forgotten about in a New Mexico desert.
I can see the stage now: fighters battle on a green field until they fall down a hole and are unable to get out.

The only problem is I’m not sure if this legend has as much weight in Japan, so Sakurai may not even be aware of the tragic rise and Icarus-like fall of ET: The Video Game.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
A Tetris piece that morphs into different tetrominoes. Might be a bit of a licensing problem with the Tetris company actually worse than Konami mind you

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Oh, I have so many that I could make a roster with them XD

In no particular order:

-Ax Battler (from Golden Axe)
To be more precise, I mean from Ax Battler, an obscure Golden Axe spinoff for Game Gear, with a gameplay inspired by Zelda 2.
Why I want him? Because he's an heavy two-handed swordman, and not a JRPG guy (not a typical one at least). In the game Ax Battler, after you visit all the gyms, you learn many new moves and he gains a full moveset that works well as a starting point for Smash (and especially, that sword moveset is different than most sword movesets in Smash, allowing him to be unique despite being another sword fighter).

-Villager (from Age of Empires)
It's a generic villager, but depending on the attack, he gains traits from other units from the game. For example, he can transform into the priest and try to "convert" opponents (stun them and make them temporarily unable to hurt you), or become a knight or an archer. Like Animal Crossing's Villager, he can also build structures on the stage; he can build a tower that can shot arrows and protect you for a limited time, or build some siege weapons and slowly move them on the stage.

-Max Damage (from Carmageddon)
This is just because I want to see him fight against Cpt Falcon. Max Damage would have a mechanical arm that allows him to use several gimmicks from the game. He can use the "opponent repulsificator", summoning springs that will launch away the close enemies, or throw bombs/release mines. He has a damaged car door connected to his mechanical arm that he uses as a shield and as a weapon at the same time. (it will never happen because of the violence of the Carmageddon series, and not only for that anyway, it won't happen because it simply won't).

-Alleycat (from an old DOS game called Alleycat indeed)
It's just a cat.

Occasionally, he can summon a broom that allows him to fly (but it hurts -.-); he can leave gifts on the stage that attract and stun the opponents, and can also leave dirt on the stage to slow opponents down. His enemy, the dog, decided to cooperate with him for once, and it's summoned during his final smash.
He may or may not appear as flat and pixeled. For sure, he is completely black with no details aside of his silhouette and his eyes. Not even shadows, he's just pure black.

-Load Ran (from Twinkle Star Sprites)
Why not a magical girl too? Well, she's not the usual magical girl, she's... yes, she is, but the gameplay of her game is cool and very innovative.
Twinkle Star is an hybrid between a classic shooter/bullet hell and a competitive puzzle game like Puyo Puyo or Puzzle Bouble. You control Load Ran seen from above, and enemy formation move down through the screen (that's splitted in 2, one side for each player). When you defeat an enemy, it will explode and cause a chain effect. Doing combos will generate several fireballs that will be launched to the screen of the opponent; if the opponent manages to hit he fireballs enough or trap them into a chain explosion, they will be reflected toward you again; if you reflect them back once again, they will disappear and be converted into special attacks or even boss attacks (you summon a boss into the opponent's screen!).
Well, it's hard to explain, you should try it to understand.
In Smash, this mechanic of reflecting hits should be the main gimmick of the character; she also has a basic special attack, that's similar to Samus' charged shot, with the difference that she can build up an energy meter by dealing damage, extending the amount of charge you can give to your shot: if you charge the attack enough, you can also release special attacks and summon a boss while shooting the thing.

-Kurt Hectic (from MDK)
He's a sniper, from a crazy shi-fi series that's a parody of superheroes comics. He has a special armor with a visor that can be used as a sniper rifle, or detached from the helmet and used as an arm rifle. In the original games, he can use several gimmicks such as the smallest atomic bomb in the world, and a puppet that tricks the enemies into thinking it's him and he can move around unnoticed. He can also summon Max, a dog with 4 arms who in the first game used a dog-shaped airplane to launch bombs on the stage.
The most interesting thing of the MDK series is the setting of the first game/beginning of the second: the Minecrawlers. The Minecrawlers are huge alien machines that destroy everything they move onto. They are HUGE, they are almost as big as a real world city, and they indeed attack cities for all around the world: you must infiltrate into them and stop them from inside, by defeating the boss who's controlling them. A Minecrawler would be interesting as a stage, especially due to all the surreal environment that they have inside, and the suggestive effect of being over a colossal machine that runs over a city, seen from outside.

-Lucia (from Psychic World)
Lucia and Cecile are two sisters who work in Professor Knavik's laboratory. One day, something wrong happens, and all the creatures from the laboratory escape and cause panic. At the same time, Cecile was kidnapped by the monsters! In order to save Cecile, Dr Knavik gives Lucia an headgear called ESP Booster, that's able to enhance the psychic powers of the user. At the end they discover that Knavik is an alien in disguise and he was the bad guy all the time.
Lucia has several psychic attacks, ranging from elemental shots to teleport, fly, invincibiity and explosions. This game takes inspiration from Megaman and Metroid (mostly Megaman though).
The main gimmick of the game, that would also be part of the Smash moveset, is the ability to change power by pressing Attack+down. When you do it, you can select the wanted power by moving the cursor right or left. When you release Attack+down, the selected power will be used (that's similar to Shulk's monado arts). Like Megaman, Lucia would have projectile based smash attacks, and those attacks would have different effects depending on the selected powers. Additionally to the usual fire, water, ice and pure ESP, there is a wave shot, that won't knockback the opponent, instead it will just damage it and go through walls and obstacles. Ness and Lucas have a rival now (Mewtwo too).
P.S.: Lucia is the pink haired one, obviously.

-Dust Mite (from Re-Volt)
An RC car from a racing game. WHAT? An RC car in Smash? That's the craziest pick for sure!
The cars from Re-Volt are sentient toys, they were brought to life for some mysterious unknown reason and they just started racing randomly. They are characters, even if they don't have a face.
Dust Mite is one of the slowest cars, though it's the one of the cover of the game, so it's the most iconic.
How would a car interact with opponents and items? By using the antenna, obviously! It can grab items with the antenna, and use the electric shock to stun and grab enemies.
Re-Volt cars can also throw rockets, leave oil on the track, launch heavy bowling balls, launch water balloons, launch a beam that distorts physics, and, especially, EXPLODE. They can also jump, but only in battle mode. Smash is a battle mode, right?

Probably there is more, but I can't remember all of them now.

If I need to stay Nintendo, then I would say Tatanga from the Marioland series, or Jill & Drill Dozer (but that's technically Game Freak).

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
Gabriel Angelos must have villagers pocketing move to fulfil his kleptomania.
(Blood Ravens Chapter Master 40k)

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Gabriel Angelos must have villagers pocketing move to fulfil his kleptomania.
(Blood Ravens Chapter Master 40k)
You just reminded me that I forgot Garrett from the Thief series.
He would be a mix between Link and Snake, with flash bombs that stun the enemies and rope arrows to climb platforms. He has a special move that allows him to disappear from the stage and become invisible; the effecti is similar to Melee's invisibility, though it's even harder to see, but if you perform an attack or do certain movements, you will return visible (because you do noise and people will notice you).
Villager's pocketing may fit Garrett's moveset too, maybe instead of storing the items he just steals them and converts them into health, similar to Kirby's inhale?

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
One crazy newcomer I forgot to mention: Lode Runner.

Lode Runner would work with traps and stealth, with the Runner's main special attack being (of course) his hole-digging gun. Just like in the Lode Runner games, if a person falls into one of Lode Runner's holes they'd get trapped inside (and if the ground re-grows while a person is in the hole? KO!). Other specials would include other traps and such from the games (And my main Lode Runner game was Lode Runner Online): snare traps, crazy gas, glue buckets, pick-axes. etc. For the regular A fighting moves? LODE RUNNER USES GOLD! The Lode Runner just whacks opponents with gold.

Lode Runner will never be available in Smash unless there's a Runner-saince (Although apparently there was a Lode Runner game on Switch? How was it? Is there a person out there who has some hot takes on Modern Lode Runner, by which I mean games past 1998?). But having Lode Runner would satisfy my brand of Sierra-based 1995 nostalgia.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Let's bring pop music into Smash and add Britney Spears!
I mean, she apparently had some sizable support in the ballot?????

OK let's move away from less wtf territory to "actually possible wtf" territory: I keep thinking Hatsune Miku would hit a really weird spot between third and fourth party (besides her Sega-published videogame series, Vocaloids are a software, but does that fits as a game per se???? makes you think) and I think she'd do a great fighter, no kidding. Plus she's extremely popular, and as I said she hits a spot that would be hugely controversial but not in a Goku level, and sometimes I'd like to see her getting in just to see the reactions

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Lester the Unlikely because, well, he'd be unlikely.

Then there's Paperboy from the NES game named after him. Something about mainly riding on a bicycle and chucking newspapers at people sounds amusing to me.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Sinistar from... Sinistar
The Shooter Guy from Robotron 2084
Hammerin' Harry from... Hammerin' Harry
Dig Dug from... Dig Dug

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
- Count Black or Dimenzio from Super Paper Mario
- Junpei or Akane from Zero Escape
- Apollo or Athena from Ace Attorney

Ok and now the really crazy ones:
- Just Dancer from Just Dance
- Tetromino from Tetris
- Lightning McQueen from the Cars games
- Rapunzel from several Disney games

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master

Giana, from the Giana Sisters series. A sorta-copy cat of the Mario Brothers. (Get it? Mario Brothers? Giana Sisters?)

Anyway, she was a somewhat copy cat, but then her game finally turned original after a level in her original games. Nintendo sent their Ninjas, and she was quickly down. She held strong on the DS system, and her fans also made some fan games to keep Giana alive. Having one Nintendo game, before going third party.

Longest time I wanted her, but I don't think anybody cares at this point. Giana needs some love too.
I've never played the earlier games but Twisted Dreams was one of the greatest retro revivals I've ever seen and it's music was 100% god tier.

At the time when there was a Giana support thread, I was one of the most active members and I would love to see the main character in Smash. As long as she's not a Mario echo, anyway. That'd just be disrespect now that the two franchises have diverged so much.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Bill Rizer from Contra. Funny thing is some weeks ago I had a dream I watched the next Smash Direct and Sakurai revealed Bill Rizer as one of the new fighters in Smash way out of nowhere. I don't know why my dreams like toying with my emotions...

I'd have to agree on Mischief Makers - Marina Liteyears would be really cool, maybe even have the Beastector as assist trophies or stage hazards. Dang, that'd be really cool.

Let's see....what the heck, how about Sherlock Hound? Or Red Savarin from Solatorobo? They sorta remind me of each other lol.

Juno from Jet Force Gemini - or even all three members. Vela could be an echo of Juno and Lupus could be his own fighter, even though I'm not sure what other attacks he would have - maybe a different mixture of weapon choices?

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
I've never played the earlier games but Twisted Dreams was one of the greatest retro revivals I've ever seen and it's music was 100% god tier.

At the time when there was a Giana support thread, I was one of the most active members and I would love to see the main character in Smash. As long as she's not a Mario echo, anyway. That'd just be disrespect now that the two franchises have diverged so much.
There was a thread for Giana?? MAN. Wish I known that earlier...You think someone would do it again?

Oh yeah. No way she would become an echo of Mario. She seperates herself even from her original game to much to be an echo.

JIrish780

Smash Rookie
Hsien-Ko/Lei-Lei from Darkstalkers. I feel like she'd translate to Smash pretty well, but as the 3rd most important female in a basically dead franchise, it's pretty far from likely unless I somehow won the lottery and then managed to convince Nintendo, Capcom *and* Sakurai himself to go along with it.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
MARINA. LITEYEARS. Blockman final smash. Beastector assist trophy. I've wanted her since the N64. Give it to me.

James Bond, but unironically.

Shoutouts to the guy who said Jet Force Gemini characters up there.

Dan Marino (NFL Blitz), but only if all his attacks are accompanied by commentary soundbites.

It's funny, I hardcore support Phoenix Wright for Smash but despite loving the Zero Escape series equally (Virtue's Last Reward is what finally made me buy a 3DS) it's not like I'm begging for, I don't know, Akane & Junpei to be added as a unit fighter. Or Zero themselves. But sure, Zero with the ZTD look, why not.

I feel the same about Kyle Hyde or Ashley Mizuki Robbins. I adore those games but I never even considered them for Smash. I bet they could both have interesting movesets, though...

Also, add Blastoise. Squirtle is cool and all, but like, Blastoise. I've loved him since the Smash 64 pokeball.

I'd lose my mind if Arle Nadja was added, especially if she had Amitie and Ringo echoes. I just loved Puyo Puyo Tetris.

And hey, let's add, uh, the Game Boy Camera as an assist trophy. I don't know. I used to use the Game Boy Camera a ton.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure several of my dream picks are off the wall in some way - Arle, Travis Touchdown, Marina Liteyears, Phoenix, Mona, Captain Syrup...

D

Deleted member

We're going there eh? Alright here goes.

Spyro: (Doubt it'll happen it's possible but I don't see it.)

Ezio Auditore: (Probably one of the most charming and charismatic Asassins in the entire serious and my favourite character in it overal. Don't see it though.)

Sceptile: (A grass type Pokemon I would like too see feel it's chances are done though.)

Sly Cooper: (They could some of his cane attacks, and even moves he uses based of his ancestors like the spire jump, and rail slide. He'd be fun just don't see it.)

Impa: (I would love too see more Legend of Zelda reps. It confuses me why there's not enough, yes I know Super Mario and Pokemon are there heavy hitters, but so is Zelda, Skull Kid seems the popular choice. But who knows sadly don't see her.)

Dr. Eggman: (Shadow is the popular choice. But Sonic deserves his villain the genius with an IQ of 300 could make an impact.)

DeMar DeRozan: (He'd be giving those smashers trouble with his basketball skills. Michael Jordan or LeBron James would probably get in before him but you never know, yes this is a joke don't take it serious great basketball player though.)

Top Bottom