• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reaction to Palutena!

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Me to! I'm so lucky! Long live Lady Palutena! Now we need darkpit and thats it. Maybe she will be my second main, if another Kid Icarus charakter will not appear. ^^

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
The moment I saw her I screamed PALUTENA. Then I whispered Palutena like 6 times. Then I hit mute on teamspeak, because all those people were talking. I was like "shut up and don't annoy me, it's the moment I have been waiting for!"

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
"Sorry Ridley, you're too small for Smash Bros."

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
HOW MANY SPECIAL MOVES DO YOU HAVE!?!?!?

Seriously I thought she had the most amount of B moves until I looked further into it.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I screamed during the whole trailer. I needed like 20 minutes to catch my breath.

Then I watched the trailer again.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I said "YES!" with my arms in the air like a loser, and then just absolutely loved the trailer and sat their enjoying the moment.

Anuran

Smash Apprentice
Reposting from the "is pal op thread"
It's too early to say anything, I will say i'm not totally thrilled with the new releases today. Pal looks very stong and Mii looks to be a bit too versatile for competitive play. I agree with Tackman91 in that some of the stuff they showed us have "ridiculous range, size and speed" I think she will be the smash equivalent of a caster that has to space an time her abilities extremely well in order to overcome her terrible movement.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I had a big fat stupid grin on my face the whole time.
The anime art style was INCREDIBLE.

And Palutena screwing with Pit was hilarious and just what I wanted.

And what's going on with Dark Pit? :crazy:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I was with a friend who thought "Palutena won't be in Smash". So my firsts words were "TOLD YA".

Then, pure excitement, and "w-w-w-wait, what moves are specials moves?"

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I was very excited. I had a big smile on my face and watched the trailer again on Youtube 5 minutes later.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
my mind was blown. i was so excited, i grabbed the person closest to me (who just so happened to also be into smash) (he also just happened to be my friend too) and told him DANG DUDE.... PALUTENA IS IN SMASH!!!!!
while watching the trailer my body was shaking, shivering, screaming all over that my number 2 or 3 most wanted character to be a newcomer in smash was unfolding in a glorious anime.
we were both totally stoked and commented lively and loudly about how awesome her moves were and i couldnt contain myself. i had to watch it 3 times over with other friends.

this by far was the most exciting news about smash ever. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
I had the dumbest grin I've ever had since I saw the Helicarrier rise out of the ocean in the Avengers.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I wasn't surprised at the reveal, because, come on. She was inevitable after the Direct. However, I had a gigantic grin throughout the entire trailer. It was filled with the cheesy dialogue I loved so much from Uprising, and it also showed off Palutena's vain and trollish personality perfectly; what's not to love? While she may not end up being my main, she will probably be a good secondary.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Nervous laughter and tears from the moment her face appeared.

They really did go all out, the dialogue and the music combined were fantastic. I was shaking.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I typed this elsewhere but this was it: During the stream, and they showed that one last announcement- I approached the television screen. My heart sank. I clasped my hands, stared intensely at the television screen: "Lady Palutena! Please! Palutena!"

After that, joy. Screaming. Trembling. It was amazing to go through as crazy as it sounds.

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TailisuTheTen
3DS FC
3566-1548-8575
I got a headache from excitement.

Daz Larc

Smash Rookie
I was crying tears of joy because of that Pit Vs Link battle (that was my dream come true) then i was trying to wipe away the tears so i could actual tell how good the in game model was.

rpgcaster

Smash Apprentice
At the end of the direct, I was generally satisfied with the announced stuff, but no big wow factor to me. But then, her face appeared coupled with a friend on skype saying "it's happening". I think I was screaming through that whole damn trailer~

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

(I haven't even seen the E3 properly yet because internet's still off for me.

I might put in my real reactions after my internet gets back...)

Last edited:

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
I was excited to see Palutena, I'm a big fan of the Kid Icarus series, especially since the reboot! Now I hope they bring in a Kid Icarus villain to round out the representation, cause there are seriously not enough villains in Smash 4! Come on Medusa or Hades ...

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Tears of joy followed by numerous "yes", "omg", "it's her" and a big "I knew it!!" and then just enjoyed the divine animations Shaft made.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Happened to wake up at 3.30am (the reveal was about 2am where I live) and checked the website on my phone. Saw Palutena and Mii Fighters.

Reaction:

Pac-Man wasn't revealed at this stage. It was a happier time.

I didn't get a chance to watch the trailer until after I got home from work, but it made me very happy. Love the anime style and the voice acting. It's got me really hopeful that Pit and Palutena will be on the yap in-game.

I especially liked the way the trailer was so similar to what people in the Palutena thread had suggested.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I absolutely adore Kid Icarus Uprising and wanted to see Palutena in this.

Yet, I was so underwhelmed. She looked flashy but otherwise uninteresting. Plus, it didn't help she was the event's "surprise reveal" when I expected someone of a higher pedestal. That's actually precisely why I didn't enjoy her reveal as much I'd have hoped. I'd have switched her reveal with Pac Man's, as it was a poor decision in my eyes to have him revealed to a limited audience instead.

Last edited:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
"Oh a Palutena and Miis being revealed in Smashboards News. I'm not too surprised. Miis don't have a video bummer, but there is 3 types, yay for arm cannons and swords. I can use those weapons on the Miis against the characters that made me love those weapons in the first place (Samus, Megaman, Link, and Meta Knight)

Palutena has a video, Open that thing asap!
Why is this anime? Weird. OMG Pit + Link fighting!?!?! They are my 2 favorite archers!"
Then halfway through seeing Palutena's Gameplay I realized I wasn't thinking about her, I was still thinking about Link + Pit's fight. :applejack:
So, after I watched through the whole thing then I rewatched it again. I basicly went "I could get used to playing Palutena". She looks like a semi-fast glass cannon character. I will definently try her out. Safe to say I'll never play Zelda again. Sorry Zelda, but you need to lighten up. :bubblebobble:

Too bad I have a hard time getting myself to play girl characters (Unless it's Samus or Sheik. I blame that on my love for Robots and Ninjas though)

Note: I have not played Kid Icarus before. Though I want to because after watching the new one, it's like Starfox Assault 2.0 because it's done so well, just with different characters and settings. Palutena is warming up to me though, she seems like the "good" character that is slightly trolly. :bubblebobble:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Disappointed that the intro wasn't misleading. Hyped that the trailer was so well made.

BloderModer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0731-4748-9425
Am I the only one that DIDN'T like the trailer? I haven't played Kid Icarus, but seeing this trailer didn't make me want to invest more in the series, or feel any hype for Palutena. The voice acting and the script was on the level of a rushed cheap saturday morning animé.
Also, i didn't like the animation, it felt very jerky and not smooth at all. What's up with that "dark pit"-character at the end?

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
<Smash cross on the screen indicating new character trailer>
IT'S PIKACHU!!!
<Palutena Alights!>
GOD DAMMIT, AAAA-
:awesome:

But seriously, I was pretty hyped, because I get hyped for any new character, no matter who it actually is.

andimidna

Smash Master
[collapse=at first I was like]
HHHYYYYPPPEEEE!!!!!
:4palutena::colorful::4palutena::colorful::4palutena:[/collapse]
[collapse=and then I was like]
HHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:4palutena::colorful::4palutena::colorful::4palutena::colorful::4palutena::colorful::4palutena::colorful::4palutena::colorful::4palutena:[/collapse]
[collapse=and when it was over I was like]
HHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:4palutena::colorful::4palutena::colorful::4palutena::colorful::4palutena::colorful::4palutena::colorful::4palutena::colorful::4palutena::colorful::4palutena::colorful::4palutena:[/collapse]

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I said to myself "Oh look, Paletuna OP".

In all seriousness, I expected her honestly, and she's a great addition to the roster in my opinion. I'll admit, I wasn't a fan of the "cheesy Saturday morning anime" trailer, but her character is unique enough and I like the series enough to warrant forgiveness.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Went something like this. Bare in mind I haven't played KI: Uprising, but have played previous KI games, thus have always been neutral on her playable status;

"Unsurprising she's in. Maybe I'll finally get the appeal though when I see her moveset"

"Pit Vs. Link? Interesting! I wonder how this will g-man, does Pit ever shut up?"

"That's a lot of moves...none are particularly wow though. Hopefully people won't still believe Sakurai's as modest as he was in Melee's day now."

"A black hole? The light Goddess has a black hole? Rosalina, the SPACE Goddess doesn't get that as a Final Smash, but the LIGHT Goddess does? That's kinda funny."

"Oh hey Dark Pit. What a tease."

"Nope, I don't get it. Looks like a jumbled mess to me of random moves. At least this made a lot of people happy."

So err...I'm as neutral as I was before. I don't hate her, I just don't 'get' her I guess.

Good for you guys though.

MetalMario128

Smash Cadet
NNID
MetalMario64
Her reveal trailer was really well made.

It also made me want to play Kid Icarus: Uprising again.

Top Bottom