• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reaction to Palutena!

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I was never a supporter of her and knew that she was obvious. That said, I never hated her. The trailer was incredible, it just wasn't as exciting as seeing Greninja's trailer because I knew she would be in.

So I guess I'm neutral.

TheDMonroeShow

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3695-0037-2189
It might sound kind of silly but i actually got a little emotional during it, not only is Palutena one of my favorite characters from my favorite game but the way they just presented the trailer was amazing, I just love the anime art style and the way they chose to present the whole scene was amazing. It's a little embarrassing but i teared up a bit at the end!

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
But one thing is a little bit strange... Pit needs Palutena to fly... if they fight against each other and Pit have to fly up... Palutena have to help him actually. xD

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
My reaction: Finally another character that someone actually expected / cares for. (The first one being Little Mac)

Next reaction: Holy **** it's Pit and Link fighting anime-style!

KatKit

Smash Lord
I was cosplaying her that morning at a Smash Bros. gathering. So my reaction and the reaction of the people nearby was as loud and hilarious as you'd expect. Practically worship.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I had a pie slammed in my face, so I was kinda angry at the time. My reaction was basically, "Oh it's Palutena, cool."

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
As soon as she showed up in that first frame I was like "YES, I KNEW IT!".

And I just was smiling and laughing the whole trailer, while also wanting a Smash Bros anime.

Admittedly, the animation quality isn't that great other than the close ups, but it's forgivable since there wasn't a lot of anime footage anyway

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
My reaction wasn't as great as it should've been because I was watching it in my laptop with a bunch of other people in the room who were watching tv, so I had to have the volume off and basically my heart rate went flying but I couldn't say anything because everyone else would've yelled at me to shut up... And I had to rewatch the trailer later that day so I could hear what was said...

But one thing is a little bit strange... Pit needs Palutena to fly... if they fight against each other and Pit have to fly up... Palutena have to help him actually. xD
Pit can't fly in smash anymore

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Pit can't fly in smash anymore
His Up Special is called "The Power of Flight" though.

In Uprising, "The Power of Flight" was granted to Pit by Palutena. He couldn't use it without Palutena (or Viridi) controlling it.

Though I suppose I just answered the predicament - in Smash, maybe Viridi is granting the Power of Flight, at least when Palutena is fighting Pit.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
*yawn* Also a bit annoyed about the boob and ass bounce. Like, really?

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
His Up Special is called "The Power of Flight" though.

In Uprising, "The Power of Flight" was granted to Pit by Palutena. He couldn't use it without Palutena (or Viridi) controlling it.

Though I suppose I just answered the predicament - in Smash, maybe Viridi is granting the Power of Flight, at least when Palutena is fighting Pit.
Oh yeah... Forgot for a minute! Oh well, yeah Viridi could just be helping him rather than Palutena.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It was just unnecessary and unfitting for her character. Cia is supposed to be this sex icon. Its not like I'm complaining about Ivy Valentine being too sexy. Its Palutena. Its like Peach or Zelda being revealed like that, it would be weird.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
It was just unnecessary and unfitting for her character. Cia is supposed to be this sex icon. Its not like I'm complaining about Ivy Valentine being too sexy. Its Palutena. Its like Peach or Zelda being revealed like that, it would be weird.
Well, it wasn't that bad. It's not like they made her use her butt as an attack or anything....

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well, it wasn't that bad. It's not like they made her use her butt as an attack or anything....
Its not that bad no, but I thought it was dumb. When we reveal Shulk should we get a ball bouncing shot?

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Its not that bad no, but I thought it was dumb. When we reveal Shulk should we get a ball bouncing shot?
HA oh god that would be awful! And kind of hilarious... Anyway, I do see your point. And even though it was slightly unfitting for her to do, I'm glad they still kept her character by having her send pit off the way she did.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's not unfitting for Palutena at all. She has a freaking ***** fight with Phosphora over looks. She's incredibly spunky and trollish. And she teases Pit about having naughty thoughts. And she has a huge ego. Flaunting her body like that is incredibly in character for her.

Plus, Smash Bros is essentially "Fan Service: The Video Game". Even Peach has always been very sexualised in Smash compared to how she is in the Mario games. The way Smash Bros' success pretty much depends on great fan service of all kinds is the reason why I would be totally down for Rosalina getting a swimsuit as an alt costume! :V

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
But if Viridi is helping Pit to fly, his wings would shine green. I'm not sure but the wings shines blue right?

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
My reaction was about the same reaction as Pacman and Mii.

Meh. I expected it. Didn't particularly want it but whatever. Definitely more excited for Palutena than the other two though. Still, no hype newcomers for me yet.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I was never a supporter of her and knew that she was obvious. That said, I never hated her. The trailer was incredible, it just wasn't as exciting as seeing Greninja's trailer because I knew she would be in.

So I guess I'm neutral.
Basically this. I was more of a Medusa supporter but I knew Palutena would be in. I really like the Anime-style intro though.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
On the inside, I was like "AAAAAAHHHHPALUTENA'S IN SMASH 10/10 I LOVE U SAKURAIIIIII YESSSSS", but since my brother was there (who kept on saying Palutena wasn't gonna make it), I turned to him, pointed, and went "AHAH!"

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Surprisingly, I wasn't really hyped up for her when the trailer did come.
Same here. I wasn't hyped even though I supported her. Probably because I didn't have to defend her from detractors. Hmmm... come think of it, I was more hyped for Pac-Man and Miis because I defended them from detractors for years... and I didn't feel the hype for Little Mac because I didn't need to defend him from detractors even though I wanted him.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Same here. I wasn't hyped even though I supported her. Probably because I didn't have to defend her from detra. ctors. Hmmm... come think of it, I was more hyped for Pac-Man and Miis because I defended them from detractors for years... and I didn't feel the hype for Little Mac because I didn't need to defend him from detractors even though I wanted him.

But maybe you'll main her after playing with her xD. I'll try the newcomers and Kid Icarus characters. ^^

Kay kay

Just take the time to admire my signature
Whenever I saw her I was like: whatever, I totally saw that coming...

I was screaming on the inside though XD

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
At first I thought "really? her?"

But now I'm thinking more along the lines of "WOO! NEW SMASH CHARACTER! That isn't Pichu! :D"

Last edited:

Brendan Stepladder

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3626-0125-2928
The moment the screen transition for Palutena's reveal started, I turned to my girlfriend and said, "Watch. It's going to be Palutena."

Then Palutena was immediately revealed. I felt very pleased with myself.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I sat on my chair and I thought: '' I can't believe it! '' I stood up jerkily and squall '' YES ! YES ! AND AGAIN BECAUSE ITS AMAZING! YES! YES! Finally she joins the battle! '' xD

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I went to buy Uprising the next day so I could have an excuse to like her beyond her character design and to get to know her's and Pit's character more. :nifty:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
When I first watched the first few seconds of Palutena's trailer, when I saw a bit of her face, I knew it was her and I smiled with joy at the same time.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I was like "Oh yes! That's awesome!" even though I'm not that really excited for her anyways.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Excited and hyped to see her playable, even though she wasn't high on my newcomer wishlist. Definitely a great addition to the roster. Can't wait to play as Palutena and see how her moveset works.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I went to buy Uprising the next day so I could have an excuse to like her beyond her character design and to get to know her's and Pit's character more. :nifty:

Believe me Kid Icarus Uprising is very great! In my opinion its the best game I've ever played. ^^

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
*Flaming SSB-logo*
"Oh nice nice nice"
*Palutena*
Oh.. It's Palutena.
*Anime Fight*
Ok, nice, moveset please?
*Palutena came*
OK, onto the footage*
*Palutena showed her hips*
GIVE. ME. HER. MOVESET.
*Palutena Alights*
THANK YOU

*Moveset*

Oh....
OK.
What was this?

Overall Reaction:
Oh, ok it's Palutena.
Nice.

BlackMagicMaster

Smash Rookie
after laughing my butt off for the entity of the trailer, i thought to myself, "I think i might have found my new main"
I would be totally down for Rosalina getting a swimsuit as an alt costume! :V
you were close, Zero Suit Samus has a swimsuit costume now so....

Top Bottom