• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RC1 and GSH: Taking the good and ridding the bad.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Okay. RC1 is NOT the greatest set. but it does have its ups. Same with GSH.

What I want to do is take the overall good aspects from BOTH sets and use them in upcoming sets. This includes, but its not limited too:

Character Specific Changes
Gameplay Mechanics
Gravity/Physics
Stages
And other misc aspects from both sets.

What I want is for you to list these aspects of these sets as specific as you can get.
The more. The better.

I'll keep track of the list in OP as well.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Shieldstun is best in RC1. I think Yeroc and Leaf were discussing some tweaks for some moves you'll have to check with them. For example Dorf's jab isn't as safe you we believed. A couple individual tweaks, but overall shield stun in RC1 is great.

I think the stage list used for BtL2 is the best stages Brawl+ will ever have to offer competitively but I would like to add Magus's SSE Jungle. Those are the cream of the crop best stages. I do think we should add the Skyworld + and Mushroom Kingdom 2 changes because they are still good levels, just not some of the best though.

I'll think and do some more testing over the week and weekend. Those were the first two that jumped to mind.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Yeroc: Most attacks have a 1.0 hitlag multiplier. Between PSA and brawlbox we should be able to get complete data for everything we could need without ever even needing to worry about the hitlag differential (not to mention the fact that it's been made less significant due to our shieldstun reduction). Hitlag differentials are most useful for increasing or decreasing a particular move's advantage on block, and is something we can worry about after getting the general formula. I'm not actually sure if a "perfect" shieldstun amount is possible, since there's such a vast difference in the types of moves in the game. I think that GSH1's shieldstun should prove something to us, though... the shieldstun in 5.0 wasn't as bad as we all thought it was.

Veril

Frame Savant
Shieldstun in 5.0 would be fine with the ALRs from Cape's beta and his aerial changes. Ex. Squirtle's fair was the move I've heard the most complaints about (from legit players like VaNz who have lots of squirtle experience), and that got changed (with much b****ing from the peanut gallery).

Some moves will simply continue to be awesome at shield pressure unless we can edit them individually (and I'm not saying this needs to happen). Usually these are jabs, which are meant to be fairly low risk anyway.

Hitlag differentials don't matter much at all and it would be a huge waste of time to focus attention on a fairly uncommon factor that has an effect of 1-2 frames generally.

Also... Did everyone forget that powershielding still exists?

/ shieldstun discussion.

Magus420

Smash Master
Hitlag differentials don't matter much at all and it would be a huge waste of time to focus attention on a fairly uncommon factor that has an effect of 1-2 frames generally.
It's not a huge waste of time since we know the hitlag formula and it takes a few seconds to figure out without even needing to load the game up by simply looking at its stats in PSA. It's also the least intrusive way of tweaking shield advantage/disadvantage.

Also... Did everyone forget that powershielding still exists?

/ shieldstun discussion.
Might as well for normal attacks considering the 1 frame window it has.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
So Falco's Side-B animation itself was fine, but the game was skipping a frame? And now it's fixed?

Otherwise we could fix up the animation however we wanted in BrawlBox now.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I just played the new set for the first time finally a couple of days ago and I honestly don't understand why no air dodge in tumble was added... Can someone please explain why this is a good change? It really just takes out your options and puts an extra useless step in the process. Also not to mention with how some disastrous combos are in +, the ability to air dodge as soon as possible in some situations can both be helpful to the dodger, and the offense if they predict it.

Top Bottom