• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RBPGU-New AT attempt.

Denzi

Smash Master
SERIOUSLY, we've been waiting for weeks

I've always sort of thought of this as nonsense (regardless of whether or not it actually works).

I mean really, it's as applicable as an RJCUS (so not very) but it's harder to do. I just don't see the point/what advantage this gives you.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR

I've always sort of thought of this as nonsense (regardless of whether or not it actually works).

I mean really, it's as applicable as an RJCUS (so not very) but it's harder to do. I just don't see the point/what advantage this gives you.
Since I haven't seen a video of it I'm not gonna judge how good it is or isn't.

I have no idea what it looks likes so how can I talk it down until then?

Denzi

Smash Master
Since I haven't seen a video of it I'm not gonna judge how good it is or isn't.

I have no idea what it looks likes so how can I talk it down until then?
I'm not exactly talking it down, I'm just saying that if it's at all comparable to a reverse jump-canceled up smash, then it's uses/applications are fairly limited.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I think he's talking about a DACUS that works like this:

Assuming you are going left:

Normal DACUS:

<- direction moving
<- direction of upsmash

This DACUS:

-> direction moving
<- direction of upsmash

RJCUS:

<- direction of moving
-> direction of upsmash

Denzi

Smash Master
So if your normal DACUS moves you forward, this is supposed to move you backwards while you Usmash forwards?

If that's the case, I guess I just didn't read properly. Whoops.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
I really don't see how this can work, from a theoretical standpoint.

I mean, boost smashing is just using the momentum of a dash attack, and applying it to the animation of the Upsmash. It doesn't make any sense for the momentum of the dash attack to be applied backwards. It would imply that the dash attack was moving backwards or something.

Panix

Smash Ace
I'm awake right now, can anyone take this vid from me? I got 30 minutes.

Edit: people seem like they want the video, but everytime I try to get it up the person that was going to help me just disappears.

here again, any takers?

Panix

Smash Ace
Sorry for double post.

Can a mod who has a wii# and the ability to turn it into a bit take the video from mehhhh -.-

I have work in like 2 hours but I don't plan on being on SWF for more then another 30 mins -.-

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
If you send it to me, I should be able to get the .bin online, where it'll be much easier for people to access.

Wii #: 5675-4139-5613-6895
FC: 4725-7752-4496

Send your info, I'll add you so we can figure this thing out once and for all.

Disappears? I have had your FC and wii code downloaded forever. All you have to do is visit your vault > videos > wii connect 24 > select the vid > send to me.

Why you haven't done that is beyond me. Unless it hasn't gotten to me yet, then something is wrong.

From what Panix did in the vid, the reversed up-smash didn't really go much further that a Reverse Jump Cancelled Up-Smash. It look liked it did get more distance than the reversed JC upsmash, but not enough that it's like a Boost Smash distance.

Panix did say he wasn't always doing it right, so there might be a possibility that with better timing it will go further.

I too have the same problem Panix has. No way to get the video updated. For the past 6 months I've been trying to get some vids to be critiqued, but I can never get anyone do it. I managed one, and that wasn't the best of qualities.

So if anyone wants a copy of the vid you can try to get ahold of me as well as Panix. I think I'm on more often then he is.

FC: 0431 3089 0117
Wii: 6171 9921 6934 0799

I have the SD card, but I need instruction as to how to actually get it onto the internet from there. I dont' really have access to any device that will hook a SD card to a computer.

Mine broke t-t And it was new too. I get back from not using it for like 2 months and find the LCD screen got poked somehow and now has a pinprick hole in the center of it. That pinprick ruined the whole display and now it's impossible to navigate the stupid thing. I don't really consider it useable for the purposes anymore and it would cost like $60 to get it shipped out and fixed. I don't really feel like paying that.

Edit: I haven't actually tried it yet, but I might be able to still hook it up to the computer and mess around with it from there without fiddling around with the camera screen. *goes to try*

SuSa

Plug it into your computer and hit whatever your select button is, that will connect it to the computer. (Most camers go to a screen that asks "Computer | Printer" with printer being if you press down first.

So plug it in, turn it on, wait 10 seconds, press Select/OK

I got the whole disk uploaded, managed to connect, now I just have to navigate to the removeable memory (SD Card) I hae the kodak easy share program.

SuSa

Ok, looked at it.

It's legit, but barely better then JC. (You continue sliding in the direction and it goes a LITTLE further) but the difficulty of performing is a huge offset.

It also acts like the JC up smash.

I give it a verdict of: Cool but relatively useless.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
while i agree that a majority of that is similar length to a RJCUS, i honestly can see at :16, :28, 1:38, and 3:08 significant increases in distance. Also, on one of them im pretty sure you can actually see the "boost,"but maybe i was just lagging -.-

what was shown here was definitely NOT what we've been talking about though, but im pretty sure i understand the concept, so im gonna go see if i can pull it off real quick and get an actual vid up for you guys

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
>__>

<__<

Back to laser camp.

*pew pew*

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
while i agree that a majority of that is similar length to a RJCUS, i honestly can see at :16, :28, 1:38, and 3:08 significant increases in distance. Also, on one of them im pretty sure you can actually see the "boost,"but maybe i was just lagging -.-

what was shown here was definitely NOT what we've been talking about though, but im pretty sure i understand the concept, so im gonna go see if i can pull it off real quick and get an actual vid up for you guys
those times you just listed , i was able to get the same distances with the normal reverse upsmash. also, that IS the replay that Panix had, so this is what hes talking about.

So i dont think it can be boosted any more than a normal reverse upsmash can. thread close?

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
So i dont think it can be boosted any more than a normal reverse upsmash can. thread close?
if thats the case, then i'm pretty sure i have some ideas for this. we can just leave the thread open cause im DEFINITELY going to look into my theories, and hopefully return with good news. if i can pull of what I'm thinking of, I'm pretty sure it will not only be great for falco, but be a game breaker =O

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
you slide while doing the normal reverse upsmash.........

go for it thexsunrosered let us know if you find anything

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
The only problem with this is that it looks like you needs to be in a running animation before you can do it. The fact that you can't use it out of a stand still is really going to limit it.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Uhhh . . . I see it at 1:00 and around 1:15 when he's going for the RBPG. This actually looks pretty useful since it moves you to the other side of the opponent to do an Usmash. Mix this up with the RBPG and you might be able to punish spot dodges.

---

Edit: Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is a lot easier than it's been built up to be. It's just:

dash > dash the other way > cancel with Usmash.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
You can just dash or foxtrot forward pivot like you're doing an RAR and then usmash. I've known this for a few weeks and didn't release the info cause I thought it was known. Oh well.

If you have tap jump off, Up+Z won't work, you have to cancel it with a jump And then hold up+A. So dash, pivot, hit X or Y and then QUICKLY slide down to A and hold up.

Edit: uhhh oops kind of a gross bump, sorry about that.

Top Bottom