• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

Spirit Toons

Banned via Warnings
I think Rayman would be a great choice and is very likely as Smash usually gets 2 third party characters to join the base game per entry, and with Ubisoft’s friendly attitude towards Nintendo, I feel a Ubisoft rep is a must.

Really the only thing that would prevent Rayman from being in Smash is the thing that killed his franchise, the Rabbids, but I believe that Sakurai will side with the community and make Rayman the representative and the Rabbids an assist.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Something interesting to note; the concept for Mario + Rabbids was pitched as early as 2014.

What does this mean for Rayman? Well, perhaps nothing. But this does show that Ubisoft and Nintendo were willing to collaborate with each other before Ultimate's project plan came to be.
Interesting.

I know Sakurai generally gets inside info on upcoming Nintendo games because of Smash, that's how he got Greninja in the game.

Though I wonder if when the project plan was made, Nintendo didn't tell him about Mario+Rabbids because they weren't willing to share the info yet? At most he maybe heard whisperings of a collab between Nintendo and Ubisoft.

Of course, that's just pure speculation on my part.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I grew up with the Rayman games and nothing got me more hyped in Smash 4's lifespan than the fake Rayman Smashified leak so consider me a supporter

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I grew up with the Rayman games and nothing got me more hyped in Smash 4's lifespan than the fake Rayman Smashified leak so consider me a supporter
Whipped these up to support our limbless hero

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I really don't know for sure, but I always felt Sakurai was pretty up to date with everything going on in Nintendo. I know he doesn't officially work there anymore, and his homie he grew through the company with is sadly gone, but I doubt Nintendo would book him to make a game using their various IP's and not tell him wth they got cooking. If I had to guess, I'd say Sakurai definitely knew about Mario and Rabbids.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I really don't know for sure, but I always felt Sakurai was pretty up to date with everything going on in Nintendo. I know he doesn't officially work there anymore, and his homie he grew through the company with is sadly gone, but I doubt Nintendo would book him to make a game using their various IP's and not tell him wth they got cooking. If I had to guess, I'd say Sakurai definitely knew about Mario and Rabbids.
Thinking about it some more, Sakurai is probably the guy Nintendo absoultely trusts the most with any game or bits of information. So if Nintendo were going to tell at least one person about a bizaree Mario + Rabbids game they're working on, it's Sakurai.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
So if Rayman gets in, what would you guys want his victory poses/Taunts to be?

My personal votes for victory poses would be:

Have Murfy fly in and give Rayman a high five.

His victory dance from Origins/Legends

And last but most importantly, the old YEAH! from the first Rayman game, even if we just had Ray's current voice shout yeah!

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So if Rayman gets in, what would you guys want his victory poses/Taunts to be?

My personal votes for victory poses would be:

Have Murfy fly in and give Rayman a high five.

His victory dance from Origins/Legends

And last but most importantly, the old YEAH! from the first Rayman game, even if we just had Ray's current voice shout yeah!

Some of his victory animations from Rayman Raving Rabbids come to mind.
Rayman RRR Dance 3.gif

Rayman RRR Dance1.gif

Rayman RRR Dance 2.gif

As for a taunt, we all know the obvious one.
1529608138705.png

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Made an account to support our limbless thingamajig who I've already been supporting since the Brawl days. Rayman and BanjoKazooie are my most wanted third parties because they were both important symbols of my childhood. Having them both would give me a hearth attack.

Adding to the discussion. I would like to see his victory animation/theme song from Rayman Arena/M be used as his Smash victory animations.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Made an account to support our limbless thingamajig who I've already been supporting since the Brawl days. Rayman and BanjoKazooie are my most wanted third parties because they were both important symbols of my childhood. Having them both would give me a hearth attack.

Adding to the discussion. I would like to see his victory animation/theme song from Rayman Arena/M be used as his Smash victory animations.

Still would prefer the Rayman 1 victory theme, but the theme being a Rayman Arena reference would be more than welcomed.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The limbless character I usually support for Smash was already confirmed as an assist trophy

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I rarely even see Sukapon brought up in characters that people want so the fact that Sukapon is even an assist trophy is pretty cool and unexpected
I don't remember who else supported Sukapon other than me and Oasis_S

When I saw him I was like "AH! Sukapon! ...Aww ...Sukapon.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like Sukapon but never see a thread for it
There was a thread for Brawl and Smash 4

But I wasn't involved much with Smash 5 speculation until the game was officially announced (At E3) outside the Geno thread - and only because they kept on @'ing me and PM'ing me. LOL. I would have made it myself if no one else did.

I didn't see a point in speculating until we had some info on it other than just the teaser with people in shadows.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
There was a thread for Brawl and Smash 4

But I wasn't involved much with Smash 5 speculation until the game was officially announced (At E3) outside the Geno thread - and only because they kept on @'ing me and PM'ing me. LOL. I would have made it myself if no one else did.

I didn't see a point in speculating until we had some info on it other than just the teaser with people in shadows.
I'm pretty sure I posted on thread for Smash 4, but that one came late in the game iirc.

Still crazy to me that Sukapon is in Smash at all tbh.

jcccastanheira

Smash Cadet
Hey guys! Been lurking around Rayman for Smash threads here since Smash 4, in the hope of my childhood videogame hero to be in this game. Now with Ultimate there is still hope, and the chance is as high as ever, but I still don't believe 100%.

Here is my made up moveset I did with custom moves based on a lot of Rayman games I did during the time of the ballot to promote votes for Rayman! https://twitter.com/jcccastanheira/status/595902565675569152

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Hey guys! Been lurking around Rayman for Smash threads here since Smash 4, in the hope of my childhood videogame hero to be in this game. Now with Ultimate there is still hope, and the chance is as high as ever, but I still don't believe 100%.

Here is my made up moveset I did with custom moves based on a lot of Rayman games I did during the time of the ballot to promote votes for Rayman! https://twitter.com/jcccastanheira/status/595902565675569152
These are sick. All that is missing imo is that when he gets KO'd in the game that he has the death animation from Origins/Legend. Sort of how Megaman also has a unique KO.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
These are sick. All that is missing imo is that when he gets KO'd in the game that he has the death animation from Origins/Legends. Sort of how Megaman also has a unique KO.
edit: oops i double posted by accident, my bad, i'm still not quite used to the website yet

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Oh, I've seen this passed around in the past, that was you who made it? Still looks great after all these years.

And welcome to SmashBoards!

jcccastanheira

Smash Cadet
Thanks! I joined here to support Rayman even more. I'm glad you saw the moveset before, hope some people voted for him because of it. All of your fan-art is incredible too, I love every bit of Rayman for Smash fan-art as Rayman is still not a popular character to be included in my opinion. :(

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I would love it if Rayman were in the game! Rayman 2 was one of the first games I played as a kid. I think with Mario + Rabbids Ubisoft is pretty deserving of a 3rd party character, and who better than Rayman? Maybe they can put the Rabbids in his final smash as a nod to M+R even.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I would love it if Rayman were in the game! Rayman 2 was one of the first games I played as a kid. I think with Mario + Rabbids Ubisoft is pretty deserving of a 3rd party character, and who better than Rayman? Maybe they can put the Rabbids in his final smash as a nod to M+R even.
Don't forget Fox appearing in Starlink. Seriously, I'd be shocked if Ubisoft had no representation in Smash at all. (Unless it's just a trophy again, which I hope it's not)

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Don't forget Fox appearing in Starlink. Seriously, I'd be shocked if Ubisoft had no representation in Smash at all. (Unless it's just a trophy again, which I hope it's not)
I forgot about Starlink! You're right, I'm thinking Ubisoft has to get a character in now. I mean Nintendo seems to really gel well with them.
If they do get one, really hoping that it's Rayman and not something like Rabbid Peach lol (as enjoyable as she is).

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
It seems that Rayman isn't very popular in Japan , which sucks... :( Do you think this lowers his chances to make it in? Would there be a character that isn't as popular in the west that Sakurai could use "to make up for it" ?

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
It seems that Rayman isn't very popular in Japan , which sucks... :( Do you think this lowers his chances to make it in? Would there be a character that isn't as popular in the west that Sakurai could use "to make up for it" ?
We already got Ridley and Little Mac so him adding characters that are mostly popular in the west isn't out of the realm of possibility, especially if he landed high on the ballot in those territories.

But yeah there are a few characters that are mostly popular in Japan, Ashley and Dragon Quest characters come to mind immediately

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Maybe his games aren't that popular in Japan, but I assume that Rayman is easily recognizable by the Japanese Smash community, especially after the ArtsyOmni hoax. Additionally while not necesarily significant to Rayman's chances, Mario + Rabbids sold pretty well in Japan. Hopefully the Japan community isn't speculating for the inclusion of Rabbids over Rayman though.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Maybe his games aren't that popular in Japan, but I assume that Rayman is easily recognizable by the Japanese Smash community, especially after the ArtsyOmni hoax. Additionally while not necesarily significant to Rayman's chances, Mario + Rabbids sold pretty well in Japan. Hopefully the Japan community isn't speculating for the inclusion of Rabbids over Rayman though.
My biggest fear when it comes to Ubisoft representation. I wouldn't mind the Rabbids in smash, especially since Mario + Rabbids was great and I'd love a sequel. But Rayman first.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
An interesting subject that begs a curious question:
If it were up to you, what about Rayman as a character or series would you change/alter to tickle the fancies of Japanese audiences? As strictly region-specific things, of course.

Now me, I'd just do what they did with Crash & give our limbless boi a cuter, less wild design. Not only that, but....& please stay with me on this one.... I'd also elaborate on what species he is, by pinpointing him as a very stylized fictional species of rabbit found only in the Glade of Dreams. A chimera rabbit, I'd call it. Or a fantabbit.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
If it were up to you, what about Rayman as a character or series would you change/alter to tickle the fancies of Japanese audiences? As strictly region-specific things, of course.

Now me, I'd just do what they did with Crash & give our limbless boi a cuter, less wild design. Not only that, but....& please stay with me on this one.... I'd also elaborate on what species he is, by pinpointing him as a very stylized fictional species of rabbit found only in the Glade of Dreams. A chimera rabbit, I'd call it. Or a fantabbit.
Blue shirt instead of purple.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Giving Rayman a cuter look as you said would probably help a lot. Don't really know if giving Rayman a proper species would be necessary though.
Maybe also redesign some of the human-esque characters in Rayman's world as well. I remember they did that with Ly in the Japanese version of Rayman 2 to...mixed results
1529936306003.png

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Something is going on with 2Chan regarding Ubisoft and Smash:

http://sp.2ch.sc/test/read.cgi/ghard/1529521437

This is the thread title, when google translated:【Breaking News】 UBI "We are not obliged to take out characters if there is an offer interested in Smash Bra"

I have no clue where the announcement is coming from, but Japan is seemingly getting this news first. You guys heard anything from Ubisoft about Smash stuff recently?

(Also, a warning, don't click on the imgur link in the OP, as it has nothing to do with the supposed announcement, it is just a disgusting image)

Top Bottom