• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

TrainerFireRed

Smash Apprentice
Eh, I mean, people want another sword fighter over someone different? I don't care if it's shaped like a key, I'm tired of swords :/ also disney is a bit stingy with their charas anyway
Granted, I do think real life wise Rayman has a chance

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Eh, I mean, people want another sword fighter over someone different? I don't care if it's shaped like a key, I'm tired of swords :/ also diney is a bit stingy with their charas anyway
Granted, I do think real life wise Rayman has a chance
Out of these character, yes. I do feel Rayman has the most likelihood as it stands now. (We still haven't seen Verge's claimed Minecraft content for me to say Banjo is most likely)
If Sora were to be put in Smash, I bet Disney would only allow it under the condition of advertising the **** out of their properties (Put Mickey Mouse, Elsa and Baymax in the game) and I imagine Sakurai would disagree to that. Sora being allowed in would open floodgates larger than Cloud and Bayonetta had when they were revealed.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I don't think Rayman being beaten out by Sora is a bad thing.
Considering how big of a name Sora is and how rabid his fanbase is in comparison to Rayman, the fact that Rayman is still coming close to Sora's vote count is really good to see.
Of course, things could change by the time the poll is done and all, but if we've learned from this and the 20,000 vote poll, it's that Rayman's popularity is still up there even in the midst of more recent faces popping up.
#KeepOnFighting
received_572582759825211.jpeg

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Yo, guys! There's a Twitter poll making the rounds about 3rd parties in Smash, & Rayman is one of the options. But presumably Crash is one-uping him
I was about to vote, but my Twitter account (THAT I JUST MADE) is locked.

Avenge me!!!

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord

This guy put up a really good video analysing points in Rayman's favor. It's pretty well done, you guys should give it a watch!

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
New leak on 4chan has the rayman symbol on it
It's probably fake but it looks detailed http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/430812510
1536449740168.png
Don't play with my heart like this...

This guy put up a really good video analysing points in Rayman's favor. It's pretty well done, you guys should give it a watch!
not bad, i feel like a little more could have been covered, like Ubisoft's statements about working more with Nintendo. but otherwise, I think it does a good job of spreading the word.

I just realized I haven't posted here yet, I'd like to be added to the support list. I haven't played most of Rayman's games, but the ones I have I've had a blast playing. and every time i see him, he just looks like he'd fit in so well with the roster.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
View attachment 162662
Don't play with my heart like this...

not bad, i feel like a little more could have been covered, like Ubisoft's statements about working more with Nintendo. but otherwise, I think it does a good job of spreading the word.

I just realized I haven't posted here yet, I'd like to be added to the support list. I haven't played most of Rayman's games, but the ones I have I've had a blast playing. and every time i see him, he just looks like he'd fit in so well with the roster.
Welcome to the Glade of Dreams!
Rayman Legends.gif

TrainerFireRed

Smash Apprentice
Over 1000 people? I-I think...I think I'm gonna cry. He has such a good chance :')

I do wonder though, will Rayman have different costumes? I really wanna see what they do with him in game. The closest I'll get to Rayman 4 right now rip

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Considering how big of a name Sora is and how rabid his fanbase is in comparison to Rayman, the fact that Rayman is still coming close to Sora's vote count is really good to see.
Of course, things could change by the time the poll is done and all, but if we've learned from this and the 20,000 vote poll, it's that Rayman's popularity is still up there even in the midst of more recent faces popping up.
#KeepOnFighting
View attachment 162603
I both love and hate these polls. Relevancy and rumors play too much a factor in these. Rex will drop off, Skull Kid was always popular but not that much, Shadow is only this popular because of Echos. There's something to be said about being top 10, and having a consistent presence amongst top requests, but I can't help but get a little salty when I see the character of the minute choices pop up in the top 10 only to either ride that wave right into Smash, or fade away almost completely.

Kalomaze

Smash Cadet
NNID
sonicmarioguy
I both love and hate these polls. Relevancy and rumors play too much a factor in these. Rex will drop off, Skull Kid was always popular but not that much, Shadow is only this popular because of Echos. There's something to be said about being top 10, and having a consistent presence amongst top requests, but I can't help but get a little salty when I see the character of the minute choices pop up in the top 10 only to either ride that wave right into Smash, or fade away almost completely.
who do you consider the "character of the minute" choices? skull kid &..?

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
who do you consider the "character of the minute" choices? skull kid &..?
The ones I mentioned. Skull Kid is because of the rumors, I've been supporting him for about 6-8 years now, and his support has had 2 huge spikes. The current rumors, and MM3D's release. Outside of that he's been fairly middle ground in terms of popularity, as most LoZ characters tend to be.

Shadow is a character that's always had a fanbase but once again, not one this big. He was one of the names that took off with the Echo rebranding. Otherwise I've never seen him top 10. If it wasn't for the Echo stuff, and Knuckles wasn't deconfirmed, he probably wouldn't even be the most popular Sonic character. Tbf with less and less characters being available to support, maybe it was just his time to crack the top 10, but tbh I think it's clear that a lot had to go his way for this to happen.

Rex is a relevance pick, and relevance picks get less popular and often replaced over time. It's pretty commonplace.

If I want to really get into it, most of these characters are riding high from some sort of influence in one way or another, but they've at least proven to have staying power amongst the best.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
That'd make sense. In Japan, purple is a color of mourning or death, so they had to change Rayman's color of the Japanese market.
Actually, that’s not true.

Purple is associated with wealth and privilege in Japan.

Honestly, it just makes the change of Rayman’s shirt from purple to blue in the Japanese version of Rayman 2 even more strange. Especially since Rayman games released in Japan afterwards retained his purple shirt.

Misterfan2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Misterfan2000
Sorry to get here so late, but put me on Rayman's support list!

PS. Do you know that I "predicted" the inclusion of Rayman in Brawlhalla at E3 2018?

TrainerFireRed

Smash Apprentice

Honestly, it just makes the change of Rayman’s shirt from purple to blue in the Japanese version of Rayman 2 even more strange. Especially since Rayman games released in Japan afterwards retained his purple shirt.
Oh. I just was watching a video about Rayman and they said that. But I still do wonder why they changed his shirt

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Sorry to get here so late, but put me on Rayman's support list!

PS. Do you know that I "predicted" the inclusion of Rayman in Brawlhalla at E3 2018?
Welcome to the Glade of Dreams!
Rayman Legends.gif

Since we're talking about alt skins:
>Colors resembling his costumes from Rayman 3
>Dark Rayman
>Japanese Rayman
>Disco Rayman

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
About alt skins, I like the ones posted on the OP:
TAUH2wH.png

I personally would like one alt where he has his neckerchief instead of the hoodie, resembling the classic designs.

Misterfan2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Misterfan2000
About alt skins, I like the ones posted on the OP:
View attachment 162846

I personally would like one alt where he has his neckerchief instead of the hoodie, resembling the classic designs.
I think that the Shadow Rayman alt it should be changed by another alt (Rayman Globox for example), I think it's very similar to Dark Rayman alt

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
A thought occurred to me lately. It's gonna sound enough out there that I need to put something on.

*puts on conspiracy hat

It involves the Brawlhalla inclusion and the theory all the upcoming fighters are being unvieled in the order they were first conceived (Inklings of course being the exception, but I'll get to that in a bit.)

So we are all pretty shaken knowing Rayman is in another fighting game, similar in style with Smash. But what unveiling it now was intentional? From what I remember, some previous fighters have been unvieled alongside news of games in their series or maybe even an appearance in another game altogether. With the direct coming up soon, we know they'll be going over games coming out for the remainder of the year. Brawlhalla happens to be one of those games. To me, it kind of makes sense to say, "Hey, Rayman is in this game, but hey he's also in this game, too!"

Yes, I know the marketing seems off by unveiling a character for two "competing" games in a similar genre, but I honestly believe it's just Ubisoft shelling out their main character wherever they can. It's two seperate companies making two different games, I hardly doubt either knew about the inclusion of the other, and what's more, Ubi owns the company begins Brawlhalla now, so to me it's them saying we got this cool game, let's put someone super cool in it to make it even more cool!

Now why would Rayman be unveiled now instead of later? Well it goes in line with the theory the fighters being unvieled in the order of their conception. Ridley's first appearance was in 1986. Simon in '87. K. Rool in '94. By all intents and purposes, it makes sense to have someone like Geno next, who came out in late '96. Well one character did come out between K. Rool and Geno. You guessed it, Rayman, whose first game came out a year before Mario RPG.

Now until I see differently from Nintendo, I'm inclined to believe this is how they chose the order of unveiling fighters because...well because it kind of makes sense. I mean, if I we're Sakurai, that's probably how I would do it too.

The Inklings are the only character to show up out of order, and I believe it was intentional. They were the perfect character to show first because one, everyone knew they'd be a fighter, and two, Splatoon is just huge right now. Showing them in the first trailer was a great idea because everyone would know who they were and what was going on.

Now one thing I think goes against this idea is wouldn't they want a smash direct to showcase something like a stage for Rayman, like they did with Simon? Well it depends on how advanced his stage is. With Simon and his stage, there were a bunch of gimmicks involved with the various creatures invading the stage. However, the stage was still shown off in Simon's trailer, enough to get a general idea. I think the same could happen to Rayman, maybe on a scope similar to Shulk's unveil with his stage.

Either way, this whole dumb theory can be made or broken in just a few short days, so I'll guess we will see if it has any merit.

*takes off conspiracy hat

Oof, even I think it's a little crazy. But one can hope.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
#KeepOnFighting
View attachment 162603
I like how "consider the following" Sans' pose here is.

Maybe the game was reprogrammed by some color-blind Japanese people.

Nothgard

Smash Cadet
A thought occurred to me lately. It's gonna sound enough out there that I need to put something on.

*puts on conspiracy hat

It involves the Brawlhalla inclusion and the theory all the upcoming fighters are being unvieled in the order they were first conceived (Inklings of course being the exception, but I'll get to that in a bit.)

So we are all pretty shaken knowing Rayman is in another fighting game, similar in style with Smash. But what unveiling it now was intentional? From what I remember, some previous fighters have been unvieled alongside news of games in their series or maybe even an appearance in another game altogether. With the direct coming up soon, we know they'll be going over games coming out for the remainder of the year. Brawlhalla happens to be one of those games. To me, it kind of makes sense to say, "Hey, Rayman is in this game, but hey he's also in this game, too!"

Yes, I know the marketing seems off by unveiling a character for two "competing" games in a similar genre, but I honestly believe it's just Ubisoft shelling out their main character wherever they can. It's two seperate companies making two different games, I hardly doubt either knew about the inclusion of the other, and what's more, Ubi owns the company begins Brawlhalla now, so to me it's them saying we got this cool game, let's put someone super cool in it to make it even more cool!

Now why would Rayman be unveiled now instead of later? Well it goes in line with the theory the fighters being unvieled in the order of their conception. Ridley's first appearance was in 1986. Simon in '87. K. Rool in '94. By all intents and purposes, it makes sense to have someone like Geno next, who came out in late '96. Well one character did come out between K. Rool and Geno. You guessed it, Rayman, whose first game came out a year before Mario RPG.

Now until I see differently from Nintendo, I'm inclined to believe this is how they chose the order of unveiling fighters because...well because it kind of makes sense. I mean, if I we're Sakurai, that's probably how I would do it too.

The Inklings are the only character to show up out of order, and I believe it was intentional. They were the perfect character to show first because one, everyone knew they'd be a fighter, and two, Splatoon is just huge right now. Showing them in the first trailer was a great idea because everyone would know who they were and what was going on.

Now one thing I think goes against this idea is wouldn't they want a smash direct to showcase something like a stage for Rayman, like they did with Simon? Well it depends on how advanced his stage is. With Simon and his stage, there were a bunch of gimmicks involved with the various creatures invading the stage. However, the stage was still shown off in Simon's trailer, enough to get a general idea. I think the same could happen to Rayman, maybe on a scope similar to Shulk's unveil with his stage.

Either way, this whole dumb theory can be made or broken in just a few short days, so I'll guess we will see if it has any merit.

*takes off conspiracy hat

Oof, even I think it's a little crazy. But one can hope.
Wow, I never noticed that before thanks to the echos, I totally support your theory, rayman or geno is the next confirmed.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Not really a fan of using alts in general (I understand the appeal, but I prefer to play as a character with their actual colors), but if they at least have the Rayman 3 power-up color schemes, I’d be pretty content.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Not really a fan of using alts in general (I understand the appeal, but I prefer to play as a character with their actual colors), but if they at least have the Rayman 3 power-up color schemes, I’d be pretty content.
I actually also prefer playing with the default colors, as long as their other skins don't change the physical look of the character and it's just clothing (Every single Bowser skin). I also play with Japan ROB because that's the original Brawl skin.

Last edited:
Top Bottom