• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Good thing I finally got around to playing Rayman Legends on PS4 given recent events, I've done all regular worlds and Living Dead Party, and am currently cleaning up the Origins worlds and Dark Rayman invasion levels (which are Cosmic Mario levels of hell).

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
I'd like to be added to the supporters list. Rayman was one of several platforming icons that I grew up with as a kid.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Hey guys, tinfoil hat time.

In the 8/8 direct, behind Sakurai there are a few pieces of furniture of note: the notorious purple and yellow chairs.

Some people see Skull Kid, some people see Waluigi(?).

I see yellow shoes, a purple shirt, and (on the couch) a red handkerchief.

Rayman in next direct, my guys.
That would be F*****G AMAZING!!!

jcccastanheira

Smash Cadet
Yes, but barely. When I checked he was behind by 10. Oh well, maybe it's just because it's Pokemon? I wouldn't mind another one, but I think Decidueye is way more popular and would make more sense. But Rayman should always have more votes :p

Boorepellent

Smash Apprentice
Someone posted the poll on a Pokémon forum, but thankfully Rayman won out. It was really close though.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
That orchestral Precipice, even if it was just a couple of seconds, was magical.
Man, why are good covers of the Rayman series so rare?

One of the big benefits of Rayman potentially getting into Smash is all the sweet, sweet remixes.
Unless Rayman pulls a Final Fantasy...

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104

One of the big benefits of Rayman potentially getting into Smash is all the sweet, sweet remixes.
Oh yeah. It would be a treat to hear the Smash team's rendition on themes such as Tricky Treasure, Grannies' World Tour, and the Pirates theme from Rayman 2.
I do fear, though, that we could only get music from Origins and Legends and nothing from the first three games. That'd be a shame.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Probably has to do with the fact that music isn’t much of an well-known aspect of the series, at least not to hardcore fans.

Don’t get me wrong, the series has some great tunes under it’s belt. But you don’t see it held up in the same regard as say Vampire Killer or Wily Castle 1.

It’s a shame, but it makes finding great Rayman remixes all the more sweeter.

I do fear, though, that we could only get music from Origins and Legends and nothing from the first three games. That'd be a shame.
This is honestly one of my biggest worries about Rayman’s representation if he were to get in.

Origins and Legends are phenomenal games, love them dearly. But Rayman has a lot more history that’s worth exploring and representing.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Don't do it to 'em.

Oh yeah. It would be a treat to hear the Smash team's rendition on themes such as Tricky Treasure, Grannies' World Tour, and the Pirates theme from Rayman 2.
Man, its way too hard to pick just one track from each game, but for the hell of it:
Rayman: Moskito's Nest
Rayman 2: Main theme, hands down
Rayman 3: Hoodoo Sorcerer
Origins: Steampunk Suspense
Legends: Lost in the Clouds
Arena: Rayman's Theme

Probably has to do with the fact that music isn’t much of an well-known aspect of the series, at least not to hardcore fans.

Don’t get me wrong, the series has some great tunes under it’s belt. But you don’t see it held up in the same regard as say Vampire Killer or Wily Castle 1.

It’s a shame, but it makes finding great Rayman remixes all the more sweeter.
It's most definitely a shame, because Rayman has many tracks that absolutely demolish those.

Boorepellent

Smash Apprentice
So close, yet so far...

———————————
Something I think all of you will enjoy.
That orchestral Precipice, even if it was just a couple of seconds, was magical.
That was gorgeous! Just found my new alarm song.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Don't do it to 'em.

Man, its way too hard to pick just one track from each game, but for the hell of it:
Rayman: Moskito's Nest
Rayman 2: Main theme, hands down
Rayman 3: Hoodoo Sorcerer
Origins: Steampunk Suspense
Legends: Lost in the Clouds
Arena: Rayman's Theme

It's most definitely a shame, because Rayman has many tracks that absolutely demolish those.
One could at least hope Sakurai knows about them, since he has a game collection spanning generations.

Speaking of music covers for Rayman 1, I like how this speed drawing makes use of both Rayman 1 and Origins/Legends remixes from different sources:

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
So close, yet so far...

———————————
Something I think all of you will enjoy.
This just made my day. It's amazing that the Rayman 2 OST hasn't aged a single bit since I first played the game on my father's PC when I was seven.

Last edited:

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Let's hope they go the route of Castlevania and Mega Man and have a ton of really great remixes instead of the Sonic route where there's only one and the rest are original tracks.

Or even worse, the Final Fantasy route.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Ridrool64 Ridrool64
RedDragon64 RedDragon64

Welcome to the Glade Of Dreams!
Rayman High Five.gif

As for whether if Rayman is more likely than Banjo or not. Given all of the evidence regarding both characters, I'd say they are in equal ground, two of the next most likely third parties, just behind Geno. And honestly? that makes me ecstatic cause Rayman and Banjo are my #1 and #2 most wanted characters, and there's a chance that they'll both be in the same game now.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
My favourite eggplant! I totally forgot he had a trophy in Smash 4. Count me in!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So uh, I was updating the OP when I noticed I made a very large mistake. I got a number wrong in the support list, a very key number.

Sorry to the 100 supporters I seemingly forgot to count, we're really at 271. Which also just shot us right past Banjo and right behind Dixie, huh.

And in other news, made a slight update to the OP, let me know what you think. Maybe come check out the Discord as well, we're kinda lonely.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
So uh, I was updating the OP when I noticed I made a very large mistake. I got a number wrong in the support list, a very key number.

Sorry to the 100 supporters I seemingly forgot to count, we're really at 271. Which also just shot us right past Banjo and right behind Dixie, huh.

And in other news, made a slight update to the OP, let me know what you think. Maybe come check out the Discord as well, we're kinda lonely.
WE OUT HERE FOLKS

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
My favourite eggplant! I totally forgot he had a trophy in Smash 4. Count me in!
You also get a warm welcome to the Glade of Dreams.
Rayman Legends.gif

W E W L A D

Edit: May I ask how you found the miscalculation?

Last edited:
Top Bottom