• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
You've played Rayman Garden? You absolute madman!

I'd only recommend the first game if you're into losing. A lot. But it's still an absolute beauty of a game with probably my favorite aesthetic of the series.
Well I wish I had played those, I always wanted to play the mobile games, especially Rayman Kart. I meant console games.

Doesn't the original game have like a GBA port or something?

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
The first two games have dozens upon dozens of ports, a GBA port of the first game is among them.
lmao I've played like 4 different versions of Rayman 2 (N64, PS1, Revolution, DS) but not a single version of 1. I'm so lame.

It does, but it has the screen crunch issue most GBA ports have.

The 3DS has access to the DSi version of Rayman 1, it's a good port so if you're interested you can get that.
Ooooh, ok thanks for the advice.

Screwigi

Smash Rookie
Rayman would be a dream come true and I would love to support him with everyone here!

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I think it's odd we don't see his moveset discussed here often, and there's none posted in the OP

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I think it's odd we don't see his moveset discussed here often, and there's none posted in the OP
RIP my lovingly crafted moveset.

I would assume most don't discuss his moveset because it's just such an obvious gimme, though I tried to give mine a bit more of a unique flair.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993

I would assume most don't discuss his moveset because it's just such an obvious gimme, though I tried to give mine a bit more of a unique flair.
Lmao I'm the least attentive person today. How did I miss that? That telescopic fist gimmick is dope.

I know people see his moveset being like what he does in Legends, but he's more capable than just that. I'd actually be kinda disappointed with just that tbh.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Rayman's movements in Origins/Legends could only be translated into his jabs/tilts/smash/aerials anyway. His specials are where we get creative. I saw the SSF2 boys incoorporated the plum into Ray's moveset and he can ride it for mobility and still be able to attack... and completely destroy the game.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Rayman's movements in Origins/Legends could only be translated into his jabs/tilts/smash/aerials anyway. His specials are where we get creative. I saw the SSF2 boys incoorporated the plum into Ray's moveset and he can ride it for mobility and still be able to attack... and completely destroy the game.
While true, I think people undervalue standard attacks, and Rayman does have a little more to offer than just punches and kicks. Somewhere in this thread, Cyberwolf shared a gif of his idea of Rayman's dair which was an attack where most of Rayman stayed in place in the air, while he slams his body down. Better than a typical stall-then fall attack imo. He also shared some pictures of helicopter hair tilts that I also found interesting. Rayman, being designed the way he is, is a character that can have a really unique take imo top to bottom

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
While true, I think people undervalue standard attacks, and Rayman does have a little more to offer than just punches and kicks. Somewhere in this thread, Birthnote shared a gif of his idea of Rayman's dair which was an attack where most of Rayman stayed in place in the air, while he slams his body down. Better than a typical stall-then fall attack imo. He also shared some pictures of helicopter hair tilts that I also found interesting. Rayman, being designed the way he is, is a character that can have a really unique take imo top to bottom
I do agree that I would prefer a ground-up creative moveset instead of borrowing from Origins/Legends, but my concern is more what would Sakurai actually do. For some reason my first gut feeling is copy most of it.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Been a while since I took a look at it, and wow, it's absolutely great. Not a single (main series) Rayman game was left-behind in this moveset.

The Purple Lum as a side special is probably my favorite bit, and I'm digging the Telescopic Fist gimmick. Perhaps it could be like sort of like King K.Rool's crown throw but he can move while using it like in Rayman 1?

-----------
It's a shame Rayman Origins/Legends don't have a big modding scene, they're just basically asking for all sorts of creative mods.

This channel has a couple of more mod videos if you're interested in checking.

Screwigi

Smash Rookie
Anyone’s have an idea on how Rayman would be shown in a direct? Open to any ideas?

Last edited:

jcccastanheira

Smash Cadet
I know its an unpopular opinion but Rayman 3 is the main game I care less, so I wouldn't mind if all A attacks came from Origins/Legends. In my moveset I covered all main games but made custom moves for all specials because I'm not realy sure what koves I would prefer. I even put the plunger

D

Deleted member

Well I wish I had played those, I always wanted to play the mobile games, especially Rayman Kart. I meant console games.

Doesn't the original game have like a GBA port or something?
Yes, but the compression aspects they did to both the sprites and the music is a tragedy.

Anyway, forgive me for mentioning this, but Grannies' World Tour HAS to be Rayman's trailer music.

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yes, but the compression aspects they did to both the sprites and the music is a tragedy.

Anyway, forgive me for mentioning this, but Grannies' World Tour HAS to be Rayman's trailer music.
Is the GBA version of Rayman 3 decent enough for a reformulated game? I understand that one was made from the ground up, and I love the idea of Rayman 3 being done in 1's style.

Also, YES, any form of Chasing A Dream must be in Ultimate.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Is the GBA version of Rayman 3 decent enough for a reformulated game? I understand that one was made from the ground up, and I love the idea of Rayman 3 being done in 1's style.
Haven't played it myself but it looks decent enough.

Though, it's much less Rayman 3 on GBA than it is Rayman 2 with bits of 3 sprinkled around it.

Like, it's very much just Rayman 2 GBA edition, down to the same story beats and characters like Ly and Razorbeard.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I think the GBA version of Rayman 3 is enjoyable, despite not really following the same story line.

The GBA version for Rayman Raving Rabbids also uses that same engine and is enjoyable as well. It's basically the scrapped Rayman 4 story before the other versions went with party games. (The DS version of Raving Rabbids is also a platformer, but it does have some minigame sections)

Pakky

Smash Hero
This bothers me every time I think about it.

WHY MODEL HIM FOR RIGGING LOOK AT THE KNUCKLES

Also here are some gifts, hope you like them.

Model "diagnosed" by me, icons made by me.

Last edited:

Ghouls

Smash Rookie
Anyone’s have an idea on how Rayman would be shown in a direct? Open to any ideas?
I saw a post on reddit that suggested it would open with Link wondering around the glade of dreams and finding a yellow lum which he gets mixed up with one of the zelda fairies, thought that could be neat.

Anyway, just dropping in to add my support for my favourite childhood character Rayman. Would be such an obvious choice were it not for Smash generally avoiding non-Japanese characters (obviously with exceptions) but I'd be thrilled.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Since boss battles are basically confirmed to be coming back, what would you guys choose for a boss battle to represent Rayman if he was in the game?
I'm going with my boy Reflux. He's probably the most unique boss possible, and the Knaaren arena would look stellar in HD.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Since boss battles are basically confirmed to be coming back, what would you guys choose for a boss battle to represent Rayman if he was in the game?
I'm going with my boy Reflux. He's probably the most unique boss possible, and the Knaaren arena would look stellar in HD.
Reflux would be really cool. It's one of the best set-pieces of Rayman 3, so I have no doubt it would be done justice.

Another great choice would be Razorbeard piloting the Grolgoth, it's worth it just for the sweet final boss music alone.

EDIT: Image uploader may have crapped out.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Mr. Dark, of course. That is, assuming they take cues from his Game Boy Color appearance.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Regarding the Sakurai comment about the number stages in Ultimate, it kind of sounded final. Do you think this means that franchises like Rayman won't make the cut for the original game? I doubt it but it is worth discussing.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Regarding the Sakurai comment about the number stages in Ultimate, it kind of sounded final. Do you think this means that franchises like Rayman won't make the cut for the original game? I doubt it but it is worth discussing.
I doubt it's the final stage list. There's a rather conspicuous gap in the bottom right corner (admittedly, supposedly blank spaces in the stage and character list isn't much to go on, but it's not like the stage list is centered), and the 103 stage list mostly consists of past stages, as seen on the official website. It's like the counting of fighters during the Everyone Is Here announcement - it seems like there's room for more, especially when as of now, there are only four brand new stages (New Donk City, Great Plateau, Moray Towers, Dracula's Castle) that have been revealed.

If it is the final stage list, it seems weird to reveal that (and the implication that no new series will be added) months before the game's release.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I doubt it's the final stage list. There's a rather conspicuous gap in the bottom right corner (admittedly, supposedly blank spaces in the stage and character list isn't much to go on, but it's not like the stage list is centered), and the 103 stage list mostly consists of past stages, as seen on the official website. It's like the counting of fighters during the Everyone Is Here announcement - it seems like there's room for more, especially when as of now, there are only four brand new stages (New Donk City, Great Plateau, Moray Towers, Dracula's Castle) that have been revealed.
Thanks. That sounds right. I will still keep my fingers cross for Rayman. With the Mario vs. Rabbis game and his trophy appearance, I think his chances are high.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
This has been on my mind as well, but I do think there will be more stages to be shown off.
If this is the final stage selection, the bottom row of stages should be placed in the middle instead of coming to the left. Just leaving it this way is a very unappealing design choice, and while Smash has had a history of questionable organization of menus (Games & More), the way character and stage menus have been presented has been done well in the past, and I doubt that will change.

And even if it is the final list, it's entirely possible Rayman or any other third party could come without a stage. It would be incredibly weird and doesn't seem likely, but stranger things have happened.

And as MegaDoomer said, it would strange to just reveal the final list of stages and imply there's no new franchises to be added.

EDIT: Just pretend you see Ultimate's stage selection here.

Last edited:

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
If the boss theme from Rayman 2 doesn't play during his trailer (if he gets in), I'll riot. My Rayman 2 bias is that strong.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I think I mentioned wanting to be part of supporters back in May, but apparently wasn't yet added...

On that end, I wonder what's the best version of Rayman 2? A lot point to PS2-port as I've heard...

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I think I mentioned wanting to be part of supporters back in May, but apparently wasn't yet added...

On that end, I wonder what's the best version of Rayman 2? A lot point to PS2-port as I've heard...
General consensus is that the Dreamcast version is the best. IIRC the PS2 version was based on that but it had some framerate issues.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Honestly, after getting King K. Rool, I just want to see Rayman appear as anything but a trophy.
I have a feeling Sakurai is going to do something for Rayman or Ubisoft in general. So far, all of the newcomers (K. Rool, Chrom, Ridley) and Assist Trophies (Shovel Knight, Zero, Krystal, Knuckles, Bomberman) have been characters that people have requested for and Sakurai might be going out of his way to putting in as many popular characters as possible, whether as a newcomer or an AT.
Rayman is a weird case, though.
I would have been positive about Rayman appearing as an AT if it weren't for Sukapon.
I mentioned this before, but the thing that really bugs me is that there are very few characters like Sukapon and Rayman and there are even fewer that have ties to Nintendo.
Another thing worth mentioning is that each of the new ATs seem to be replacing old characters that might become playable (Shadow>Knuckles, Isabelle>Kappn, Moon>Skull Kid, etc) and have unique functionality such as Nikki, Klaptrap, etc.
Now, I'm not ruling out the possibility of Rayman being an AT. He could be like Sukapon, but attack in the air and more agile. Considering that this is Sukapon's first appearance as an AT, though, I'd question the possibility of Sakurai making Rayman an AT when there's already a character like him already.
Am I grasping at straws? Maybe. I think it's a possibility worth entertaining, though.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
What if the yellow and purple chairs hints Rayman some fans brought that up I hope it means Rayman I'm the biggest Rayman Supporter.

Top Bottom