• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
After thinking about it for a very long time, I have finally decided what type Rayman would be if he were a Pokemon:
A Fairy/Fighting type. Why? Allow me to explain:

Fairy- Rayman is from the Glade of Dreams, which is full of fairy like beings. Also, he can shoot fairy-like objects from his hands that are known as Lums. Combine that with his unusual design, and Rayman has everything to be a Fairy type.

Fighting- Simply put, Rayman attacks with his hands and feet. That's all you need to be a Fighting type.

What do you guys think of my idea? Do you think Rayman could be any other type?

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
After thinking about it for a very long time, I have finally decided what type Rayman would be if he were a Pokemon:

Fairy- Rayman is from the Glade of Dreams, which is full of fairy like beings. Also, he can shoot fairy-like objects from his hands that are known as Lums. Combine that with his unusual design, and Rayman has everything to be a Fairy type.

Fighting- Simply put, Rayman attacks with his hands and feet. That's all you need to be a Fighting type.

To add to the whole Fairy typing would be how effective he was against a few dragon bosses in his last few games!

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord

That's perfect. Rayman comes from a very fantasy heavy world and he loves beating the crap out of his enemies.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
To add to the whole Fairy typing would be how effective he was against a few dragon bosses in his last few games!
Wow. I never thought of that. Good thinking!
Also, I have an idea of what types Rayman's friends and enemies would be.

Globox- Water/Fairy
Ly- Psychic/Fairy
Razorbeard- Dark/Steel
Mr. Dark- Ghost/Fairy
Andre- Dark/Fairy
Murfy- Bug/Fairy
Clark- Ground/Fairy
Teensie- Normal/Fairy

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Wow. I never thought of that. Good thinking!
Also, I have an idea of what types Rayman's friends and enemies would be.

Globox- Water/Fairy
Ly- Psychic/Fairy
Razorbeard- Dark/Steel
Mr. Dark- Ghost/Fairy
Andre- Dark/Fairy
Murfy- Bug/Fairy
Clark- Ground/Fairy
Teensie- Normal/Fairy
And for Dark Rayman/Raymesis, he'd be Dark/Fighting.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
NO, THAT'S NOT SSSSAM, THAT'S NOT HIM! *Says in my head* That's not him, that's not him, he's alive..
If there's one thing about R3 I legitimately hate...is how Ubi just killed off basically all the characters I loved in R2 that isn't Rayman...and kinda Globox...

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
If there's one thing about R3 I legitimately hate...is how Ubi just killed off basically all the characters I loved in R2 that isn't Rayman...and kinda Globox...
I want to believe that Rayman 3 for the GBA is also part of the canon because Ssssam, Ly, and others characters appears in this version, but seriously I'd like so much that all the characters (or almost) of Rayman 2 appeared in Rayman 3.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I want to believe that Rayman 3 for the GBA is also part of the canon because Ssssam, Ly, and others characters appears in this version, but seriously I'd like so much that all the characters (or almost) of Rayman 2 appeared in Rayman 3.
Everything, post RRR (DS) is canon to me, as it all had the Classic Rayman Trilogy characters in design and personality. Rayman Origins is where I draw the line, at that point on forward, nothing connects to the first 3 games.

As much as I love R3, if Ly was at least there with me, I'd find it the perfect Rayman game, period.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
NO, THAT'S NOT SSSSAM, THAT'S NOT HIM! *Say in my head* That's not him, that's not him, he's alive..
:< Aw...yeah, he is alive, but the first time I found that statue it was like:
SSam.jpg
But, well, he appeared in Hoodlum's Revenge, alongside Ly, so, yeah, he's alive. And then Origins and Legends killed them again.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
But, well, he appeared in Hoodlum's Revenge, alongside Ly, so, yeah, he's alive. And then Origins and Legends killed them again.
I saw your drawing coming... I know all the character are still "there", but they were essentially abandoned after R2, and imo, that was what I really wish was revived for R4, all the characters from the first 3 games coming back...and it kinda did...but then....Rabbids...

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Dang it, that picture brings tears to my eyes every time.

But yeah, no way they're dead.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I saw your drawing coming... I know all the character are still "there", but they were essentially abandoned after R2, and imo, that was what I really wish was revived for R4, all the characters from the first 3 games coming back...and it kinda did...but then....Rabbids...
Well, not everything comes out as we hope for.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
You know, it IS interesting though, how Sssam and Razzoff happen to both live in the swamp. Maybe that's why he made a cameo?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, not everything comes out as we hope for.
I know. This is why I don't care about Ubi's plans for they products, it is what it is, I'll just continue what I loved from the trilogy for my own self to enjoy, that's all that matter to me.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The series has a really bad habit of dropping characters of the face of the Glade. The entire cast of Rayman 1 disappeared, until Origins brought back Betilla, The Magician, Electoons, and some enemies. A large majority of Rayman 2's cast disappeared as well, until Polokus returned in Origins. The only characters who consistently appear are Rayman, Globox, Murfy, and the Teensies.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
The series has a really bad habit of dropping characters of the face of the Glade. The entire cast of Rayman 1 disappeared, until Origins brought back Betilla, The Magician, Electoons, and some enemies. A large majority of Rayman 2's cast disappeared as well, until Polokus returned in Origins. The only characters who consistently appear are Rayman, Globox, Murfy, and the Teensies.
And I WANT MR. DARK BACK SO BADLY. He was such a cool villain, but we never saw him again after the first game.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
And I WANT MR. DARK BACK SO BADLY. He was such a cool villain, but we never saw him again after the first game.
I remember hearing somewhere that he was supposed to be in origins, I think he appeared in a trailer as a teensie for a few seconds too, could definitely be wrong though, lemme try and find it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom