• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Heh, I guess you're right about Shovel Knight.

But... do you know what request I honestly don't understand? Goku.

First off, Why Goku? The guy is primarily an anime character. Plus 90% of the games he is in are on other consoles..

Now lets assume he DID get in by some miracle... do people not realize what would have to be done for him to even be suitable/fair for the game?

The guy has abilities that would dwarf everyone else. Heck he has attacks that can damage the landscape itself. For Goku to even be a thing without being an op SSSSSS tier, he would have to be nerfed to the ground XD

Plus... do people really want the possibility of a Super Saiyan getting his butt handed to him by a Pikachu?... lol
smash isn't canon. Plautena is literally a goddess. super saiyan god lol
that wouldnt be a problem

all of the requests come from the kiddies from miiverse who are naturally ignorant from being young.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord

all of the requests come from the kiddies from miiverse who are naturally ignorant from being young.
Palutena I can understand at least. The best way to describe her would be like she is toning herself down for the matches. For her, its at least amusing.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

Imagine it was canon and Pit saying..

:4pit: - Lady Palutena.. a dog :4duckhunt:.. killed you!

Palutena I can understand at least. The best way to describe her would be like she is toning herself down for the matches. For her, its at least amusing.
I mean Goku physically does that in dragonball. EX when he first meets trunks.

it's actually canon for him lol serious goku argument in the raymna thread what.

did rayman team not do a retro thursday this week? is it alreay over? i wanted more conspiracy fuel.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Can we get back to Rayman?

Or hey, I finally got my NNID out of limbo, anyone want to play Smash (3DS) sometime?

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Shovel Knight isn't even close to being an icon, he's not even a year old. Icons are around 10-20 years and continue to thrive.

Shantae has the age, and she technically wasn't an indie when she started out, but that's a different story.
Speaking of Shantae, wasn't her first game published by Capcom when originally released on GBC?

And I hope that Playtonic Games are successful enough in the future that they may be able to buy B-K back.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
This is quite lliterally Rayman's best chance to get in Smash. Everyone wants him ever since he was in the leak and he's got three trophies in the game.

I couldn't have wished for a better outcome.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Edit: Ok I'm back on track now! I definitely like where all of this is going.. These next few months are sure to be a war of the mascots, thats for sure... XD

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Now can people stop bringing up that same Facebook post to try and shut us down?

Also
@ ThePenguinGamer0 ThePenguinGamer0

Ready for a PK Showdown? :4ness:
Hey James, my college semester is going to end this month, so whenever I get the chance, how about you and I have a one-on-one match some day? Don't worry, I won't rage quit like last time. XD

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
She literally says in her trailer "I won't hold back from anyone!". Palutena is using her full potential in Smash. She was never a particularly powerful figure to begin with.

----------

Sorry, came to the thread and saw that and had to address it. Was going to post that article that's already been posted twice. I was worried my vote went to waste for a while.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Early results based on the most popular characters submitted to the Ballot (Not official):

Last edited:
Early results:
fake. do not show it as official results.

cranky is not beating dixie. chibi is not a frontrunner.

seriously the 4th row and below are ridiculous

this is an unofficial fabrication. I mean Plok is on here

EDIT wait a minute. this is a different one. someone made a fake of a fake, what the heck

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
fake. do not show it as official results.

cranky is not beating dixie. chibi is not a frontrunner.

seriously the 4th row and below are ridiculous

this is an unofficial fabrication. I mean Plok is on here

EDIT wait a minute. this is a different one. someone made a fake of a fake, what the heck
I knew it was a fake, you can read it: "This list is in no way official".

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I knew it was a fake, you can read it: "This list is in no way official".
Heh yeah. Also who says 3rd Parties have a slim chance? Several 3rd party devs are already all for their characters joining. At this point, its just all on Nintendo.

...Am I also the only one that thinks when they revealed that ballot, they created a monster?.. XD

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
We already have Stanley: G&W's neutral A. Literally his entire moveset right there.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Early results based on the most popular characters submitted to the Ballot (Not official):
There's no way this is "official" half of those characters are nobodies & there's no Snake who's had a decent following so far. Someone definitely made it to try & promote some characters, while downplaying others.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Knowing for a fact that 3rd party characters are being considered gets me really hyped for Rayman, he's definitely going to get a lot of requests, and he actually deserves to be in unlike a lot of these other highly requested 3rd characters.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Knowing for a fact that 3rd party characters are being considered gets me really hyped for Rayman, he's definitely going to get a lot of requests, and he actually deserves to be in unlike all these other highly requested 3rd characters.
Thats a bit of a stretch.. Rayman isn't the only one that has history behind him (And I'm a fan of him too).

Banjo & Kazooie, and Shantae both have history behind them as well, and have history with Nintendo.

While I love Rayman to death, and want him in Smash just as badly as everyone else, I can't just deny the other candidates have a chance too..

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Oh man guys, you know what would really hit the spot of absolute perfection?

If ubisoft showed off rayman 4 at E3, hyping everyone up for his 20th birthday, and thus, gaining more voters for smash, that'd be fantastic!

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Oh man guys, you know what would really hit the spot of absolute perfection?

If ubisoft showed off rayman 4 at E3, hyping everyone up for his 20th birthday, and thus, gaining more voters for smash, that'd be fantastic!
That, or Rayman being revealed for Smash at E3.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
The problem with having both is that I'd probably suffer a heart attack, it's better to take it slow!

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Speaking of E3, here's what I predict they'll do regarding Rayman. Ubisoft will do a history recap of Rayman and his games. Then they'll tease the newest game in the Rayman series. Then, the next day with Nintendo's conference, they will talk more about said Rayman game and some Wii U exclusive bonus features. After that will they go over to Mr. Sakurai about Smash Bros news. That's where he unveils the biggest surprise of them all with a Smash Bros trailer done in Ubiart style.

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
Banjo-Kazooie's the only character that I want more, but oh my gawsh how I'd love if they could just both be in. Let's see, megaman, Pacman, Sonic, Banjo-Kazooie, Rayman? ...that's only 5 and out of everyone else? I think it'd be great to leave the limit right there.

If this bothers anyone, please let me know, I understand that this is a Rayman thread, not a Banjo-Kazooie thread.

Top Bottom