• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/04/wayforward-really-wants-shantae-in-super-smash-bros/#comments
So, WayForward, Konami, and Microsoft want a fight?
We'll give them a fight.
Our limbless hero won't be stopped by a bear and bird, Egyptian princess, and Snake.
#KeepOnFighting
Absolutely loving that even Microsoft wants to get in on this!

Not only that, but Nicalis calls for Quote from Cave Story.
https://mobile.twitter.com/nicalis/status/583744924182388737

Also Yatch Club Games seems totally onboard with getting Shovel Knight in Smash.

Ubisoft, get on this!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Absolutely loving that even Microsoft wants to get in on this!

Not only that, but Nicalis calls for Quote from Cave Story.
https://mobile.twitter.com/nicalis/status/583744924182388737

Also Yatch Club Games seems totally onboard with getting Shovel Knight in Smash.

Ubisoft, get on this!
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/04/wayforward-really-wants-shantae-in-super-smash-bros/#comments
So, WayForward, Konami, and Microsoft want a fight?
We'll give them a fight.
Our limbless hero won't be stopped by a bear and bird, Egyptian princess, and Snake.
#KeepOnFighting

[Obligatory text]

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Now WayForward.. I'm scared.. Come on Ubisoft, make an own tuit to support Rayman!

This seems to political elections.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I wonder how Rayman is going to fare against Banjo, Snake, Shantae, Shovel Knight, and Quote.
This is going to be one hell of a battle.

Last edited:

NovemberMan

Smash Apprentice
Wow. All these companies wanting their characters in Smash (who wouldn't?). Remember when they were all so quiet about it? With the Smash Ballot out, now they're very outspoken it seems. :estatic:

I wonder how Rayman is going to fare against Banjo, Snake, Shantae, Shovel Knight, and Quote.
I agree, though I feel that Rayman's biggest competition from these 3rd-party characters are Snake and Banjo & Kazooie.

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I honestly can't see an indie becoming a playable character. In all honesty Super Smash Bros. is kind of seen as the ultimate video game crossover by the general audience, so a character getting in would feel like an honor for the company who owns it. No surprise why many third-party companies would like to see their mascot in Smash Bros. Obviously getting a playable spot in Smash Bros. is never an easy thing for any third-paty character, as it's supposed to be a giant Nintendo crossover in the first place after all. Due to that third-party additions are always going to feel like something special, and I don't think any indie, regardless of Nintendo support, has enough star power to feel special like that alongside Mega Man, Sonic and Pac-Man. Realistically the only way I'm seeing an indie become playable in Smash is if there are plans from Nintendo to buy the company who owns them (like Monolith Soft) or to co-own the IP with them (like Game Freak). In other words, they would no longer be "indie". Plus we already have the CommanderVideo trophy cameo as an indie rep anyway.

I think the top contenders for a spot as Smash's first third-party DLC character ever are Banjo-Kazooie (now that they're within the realm of possibility), Rayman and Snake, with anyone else being highly unlikely, especially indies. And even then I don't think any of those three are likely to be honest. I'd LOVE to see Rayman or Banjo-Kazooie in Smash, but I think I'm letting myself to be disappointed if I think they're likely.

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I honestly can't see an indie becoming a playable character. In all honesty Super Smash Bros. is kind of seen as the ultimate video game crossover by the general audience, so a character getting in would feel like an honor for the company who owns it. No surprise why many third-party companies would like to see their mascot in Smash Bros. Obviously getting a playable spot in Smash Bros. is never an easy thing for any third-paty character, as it's supposed to be a giant Nintendo crossover in the first place after all. Due to that third-party additions are always going to feel like something special, and I don't think any indie, regardless of Nintendo support, has enough star power to feel special like that alongside Mega Man, Sonic and Pac-Man. Realistically the only way I'm seeing an indie become playable in Smash is if there are plans from Nintendo to buy the company who owns them (like Monolith Soft) or to co-own the IP with them (like Game Freak). In other words, they would no longer be "indie". Plus we already have the CommanderVideo trophy cameo as an indie rep anyway.

I think the top contenders for a spot as Smash's first third-party DLC character ever are Banjo-Kazooie (now that they're within the realm of possibility), Rayman and Snake, with anyone else being highly unlikely, especially indies. And even then I don't think any of those three are likely to be honest. I'd LOVE to see Rayman or Banjo-Kazooie in Smash, but I think I'm letting myself to be disappointed if I think they're likely.
I hope that's the case. As much as I love to see more third parties, I only want the ones that I feel they deserve to be in. Right now, the only one most likely to be added as DLC third party is Rayman at this point. As much as I love Banjo-Kazooie, it would be pretty much moot point since, even if they do end up as DLC, their games are owned by Microsoft at this point. Unless, if Nintendo decides to pull a DK64 and put both games on the N64 VC, with Microsoft's approval, then maybe there might be some possibility. Still, I would rather have a true Banjo-Threeie on the Wii U than just having them as Smash Bros DLC and no new game on the Nintendo systems.

Last edited:

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499

louie g

Smash Journeyman
I really hope they are taking third party requests.
Guys, I'm REALLY worried about the chances for Snake and Rayman.
Yeah, no worries man, I doubt the facebook nintendo guys are the same exact ones who handle the actual votes.

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
Besides, everyone is okay with Nintendo using their characters in Smash so it isn't a matter of "Oh, we can't use ___ because of reasons".

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I really hope they are taking third party requests.
Guys, I'm REALLY worried about the chances for Snake and Rayman.
I think we should be more worried about Rayman than Snake since like what @ ThePenguinGamer0 ThePenguinGamer0 said, he's already got three trophies in the game without him playable. Also, if people wanted Snake in more than Rayman, there wouldn't have been a fake leak of him.

Besides, the Facebook post was on April 1st, so I doubt that would affect our chances for Rayman much, unless they said NO third parties on other media sites, including Twitter.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I hope Rayman will end up as the Sonic of Smash 4 in that there will be so much demand for him that Nintendo will HAVE to make him a fighter.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Oh dear.
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/0...t-may-only-be-limited-to-nintendo-characters/
R.I.P Rayman, Banjo, and Snake.:crying:
Guess I'll just change my vote to K. Rool.
What a sad day to be a Snake, Rayman, and Banjo fan.
Well, I mean, this is coming from their Facebook page. They have no power. I could've written that post for all we know.
Besides, like you said, wasn't it a poll in Japan similar to this one that got Sonic in Brawl? Nothing's impossible for Rayman, especially since they still have that character model already made by Ubisoft.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
It says "Do you want your favorite video-game character to join the battle in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U?". And all those companies supporting their characters? I'm sure you can vote any character, if he's going to appear is other thing.

Also.. maybe you can vote 2 times in the incognito mode?

Last edited:

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
It says "Do you want your favorite video-game character to join the battle in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U?". And all those companies supporting their characters? I'm sure you can vote any character, if he's going to appear is other thing.

Also.. maybe you can vote 2 times in the incognito mode?
Incognito doesn't change your IP

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Have to honest, seeing all these other third party companies showing their support is making me kind of nervous. As much as I would like Shantae or Banjo and Kazooie, I want Rayman more than any other character. I'm expecting at least one third party DLC, I just hope it's Rayman.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Rayman is still my number one (mostly due to obligation since I've been behind all of this and because I'm not putting any real faith into Banjo) but since Snake was my favorite character in Smash ever, he's nearly on equal footing in terms of want.

If I could get either of them, I'll be more than happy. If I get both, I'd be ecstatic. If Banjo actually showed up too?

It would be the single greatest moment of my life.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind seeing this guy in Smash either. He has a lot of history behind him, and would make a good addition as well.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Have to honest, seeing all these other third party companies showing their support is making me kind of nervous. As much as I would like Shantae or Banjo and Kazooie, I want Rayman more than any other character. I'm expecting at least one third party DLC, I just hope it's Rayman.
I'm not too sure about Shantae, but I can safely say that we shouldn't worry much about Banjo and Kazooie. Think about it. If they were made as DLC, it would be pointless because Nintendo would be promoting a franchise that they no longer own or is available on their consoles. They would be promoting to the opposition, namely Microsoft. Unless if Microsoft and Nintendo made a deal in using the rights for the bear and bird for, say re releasing the original N64 games on the Wii U VC, then it would make a bit sense. But even if they were made DLC, it would be bittersweet since this would be the only time that the bear and bird returned to it's original parent company, but their games, if they would make any more, wouldn't. So I highly doubt it would affect Rayman's chances, since he's already got three trophies and both Mewtwo and Lucas were trophies themselves before they were announced as playable. Our best bet is to wait and see at this E3.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I'm not too sure about Shantae, but I can safely say that we shouldn't worry much about Banjo and Kazooie. Think about it. If they were made as DLC, it would be pointless because Nintendo would be promoting a franchise that they no longer own or is available on their consoles. They would be promoting to the opposition, namely Microsoft. Unless if Microsoft and Nintendo made a deal in using the rights for the bear and bird for, say re releasing the original N64 games on the Wii U VC, then it would make a bit sense. But even if they were made DLC, it would be bittersweet since this would be the only time that the bear and bird returned to it's original parent company, but their games, if they would make any more, wouldn't. So I highly doubt it would affect Rayman's chances, since he's already got three trophies and both Mewtwo and Lucas were trophies themselves before they were announced as playable. Our best bet is to wait and see at this E3.
I have a feeling they have some plans for the Bear and Bird. They have been fairly irrelevant for quite some time.. That twitter post from Phil Spencer especially got me thinking on it as well. Besides, if we are lucky we might end up with more than just one fighter. Who knows at this point XD

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I guess you're right. Still, can't help but feel a little nervous. I just wish Ubisoft were pushing the idea as much as the other companies have been.

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
Besides, if we are lucky we might end up with more than just one fighter. Who knows at this point XD
That might be more likely than you think. After all, not only was the Smash team working on developing the Mewtwo DLC, they were secretly working on Lucas to the point of being able to make a trailer for him! It wouldn't be too farfetched to assume they'd pull that sort of thing again with the character poll. Who knows? Maybe they might make the top 5 overall results into DLC for Smash! (Although that might just be wishful thinking on my part, but it could happen.)

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I guess you're right. Still, can't help but feel a little nervous. I just wish Ubisoft were pushing the idea as much as the other companies have been.
The indie companies are "pushing" because the Smash hype and hopeless fans spreading word of their character is free advertisement. It's really easy to see the difference, the big companies like Ubisoft, Konami, and even M$ pretty much just gave the OK for their characters but aren't actively doing anything because they have no real reason to do so.

Doesn't matter though, since Sakurai specifically said that third parties have to be icons of gaming, and indies by definition are not.

welcome to the supporters
enjoy your stay and vote if you would be so kind

I have been waiting to do this since the vid was posted
I completely forgot we made this a thing.

I want to see this video at least once a page now. We need more supporters.
Rounding up the names and updating the OP is such a pain though.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
The indie companies are "pushing" because the Smash hype and hopeless fans spreading word of their character is free advertisement. It's really easy to see the difference, the big companies like Ubisoft, Konami, and even M$ pretty much just gave the OK for their characters but aren't actively doing anything because they have no real reason to do so.

Doesn't matter though, since Sakurai specifically said that third parties have to be icons of gaming, and indies by definition are not.

I completely forgot we made this a thing.

I want to see this video at least once a page now. We need more supporters.
Rounding up the names and updating the OP is such a pain though.
I'd say the only indie characters that would even be considered icons to some extent would be Shantae, or Shovel Knight. If they decided to rep the entire indie base that is.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
What if Ubisoft isn't promoting Rayman to be voted on the Smash Poll......

.....because they're already planning on adding him as DLC?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Doesn't matter though, since Sakurai specifically said that third parties have to be icons of gaming, and indies by definition are not..
You do bring up a good point. Every indie seems to be wanting a part of the action, its kind of ridiculous. The only indies I can legitimately see getting a chance are Shantae and Quote, since they are somewhat popular.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'd say the only indie characters that would even be considered icons to some extent would be Shantae, or Shovel Knight. If they decided to rep the entire indie base that is.
Shovel Knight isn't even close to being an icon, he's not even a year old. Icons are around 10-20 years and continue to thrive.

Shantae has the age, and she technically wasn't an indie when she started out, but that's a different story.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Shovel Knight isn't even close to being an icon, he's not even a year old. Icons are around 10-20 years and continue to thrive.

Shantae has the age, and she technically wasn't an indie when she started out, but that's a different story.
Heh, I guess you're right about Shovel Knight.

But... do you know what request I honestly don't understand? Goku.

First off, Why Goku? The guy is primarily an anime character. Plus 90% of the games he is in are on other consoles..

Now lets assume he DID get in by some miracle... do people not realize what would have to be done for him to even be suitable/fair for the game?

The guy has abilities that would dwarf everyone else. Heck he has attacks that can damage the landscape itself. For Goku to even be a thing without being an op SSSSSS tier, he would have to be nerfed to the ground XD

Plus... do people really want the possibility of a Super Saiyan getting his butt handed to him by a Pikachu?... lol

Top Bottom