• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
I have been lurking around this thread(and the forum in general) for a while, but I finally decided to talk here and show my support, I already voted for Rayman of course, I've always wanted him in but I never thought that he could actually be in the game until the fake leak, I was actually suprised at all the support that came right after it, and now that we can vote for characters his chances to be in the game are a lot more! I'm really happy about all of this, just thinking about Rayman fighting alongside all those iconic characters makes me really excited. I'll try to vote for Rayman on more devices if I can, after all, we need full support to get him to be in the game! I really hope we can get Rayman to be in the game. Feel free to add me to the supporter list, too!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Voted as well!

BTW, the official Rayman account on Twitter retweeted this:

& this:

There was a problem fetching the tweet
I'm running out of pics and videos to react to, stop giving me good news damnit!

Seriously though, even though it was quite obvious, it's great to see that they want Rayman just as much as we do.
They also favorited one of my tweets, senpai noticed me.

@ ChikoLad ChikoLad
0_o Dat avatar.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm running out of pics and videos to react to, stop giving me good news damnit!

Seriously though, even though it was quite obvious, it's great to see that they want Rayman just as much as we do.
They also favorited one of my tweets, senpai noticed me.

@ ChikoLad ChikoLad
0_o Dat avatar.
I should say the same about yours.

It compliments mine perfectly.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Naked Rosalina is best Rosalina!
also applies to Peach, Zelda, Sheik, Samus, WFT, Palutena, and Lucina!

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So, before this thread goes into a complete different direction. How many times have you voted for Rayman?

Me, only once, but I'll do more later. Does your phone use your IP address if its internet is connected to your computer? I don't know about computer stuff like this, so I hope I worded it well.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
So, before this thread goes into a complete different direction. How many times have you voted for Rayman?

Me, only once, but I'll do more later. Does your phone use your IP address if its internet is connected to your computer? I don't know about computer stuff like this, so I hope I worded it well.
I voted on 6 different devices and this number will eventually grow once I have access to school computers

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I've got a diabolical plan.

I'm going to the Apple store to fill out the Smash Ballet on every one of their devices.
There are over 80 devices on display there. I managed to vote 11 times over there today. I'm planning on going there throughout Spring Break as well as Best Buy.

If you guys live near an Apple store, I highly recommend you guys to do the same. He needs as many votes as possible.

Last edited:

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752

If they're all connected to the same Internet connection, they will use the same IP. Your system has 2 different IPs: an internal one used by routers to identify specific devices connected to it and an external IP used to identify your presence on the Internet. Websites see and use your external regardless of internal IP or device being used. To use the same device to vote multiple times, you'll have to get your external IP changed, which isn't possible for all connections and requires you to have admin access to the device providing you Internet. For me, all I need to do is reboot my modem to get a new external (I have satellite). Internal and external IPs are independent of each other. A changed internal IP will not affect your external. Often, your external is set by your ISP (whereas you have full control over your internal when using static configurations), thus the inability to change it on certain connections.

tl;dr: If your devices use the same connection, they will all use the same IP. You can change that IP, but it can be a very technical task depending on your provider (ISP).

Didn't think you'd be so perverted. LOL
You REALLY don't know me. That is probably me at my very tamest.

EDIT: Cellular Internet is a HUGE wildcard, so I can't even begin to figure out how the IP system works on it. Everything I described was on Wi-Fi. It is possible that the IPs are either per-subscription, per-tower, or just provider-wide. They could be fixed or refresh after an interval. Not having a cell phone, I can't test any of this out.

EDIT 2: It looks like the IP system might be per-subscription and that the carrier assigns an IP every time your phone connects to them. With this, you might be able to get a new IP by shutting the phone down long enough to power off the antenna circuits and turning it back on, creating a fresh connection to your carrier.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I've got a diabolical plan.

I'm going to the Apple store to fill out the Smash Ballet on every one of their devices.
There are over 80 devices on display there. I managed to vote 11 times over there today. I'm planning on going there throughout Spring Break as well as Best Buy.

If you guys live near an Apple store, I highly recommend you guys to do the same. He needs as many votes as possible.
That IS diabolical! Is it okay if I do it in a Verizon store instead? I think my area lacks an Apple store.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
If they're all connected to the same Internet connection, they will use the same IP. Your system has 2 different IPs: an internal one used by routers to identify specific devices connected to it and an external IP used to identify your presence on the Internet. Websites see and use your external regardless of internal IP or device being used. To use the same device to vote multiple times, you'll have to get your external IP changed, which isn't possible for all connections and requires you to have admin access to the device providing you Internet. For me, all I need to do is reboot my modem to get a new external (I have satellite). Internal and external IPs are independent of each other. A changed internal IP will not affect your external. Often, your external is set by your ISP (whereas you have full control over your internal when using static configurations), thus the inability to change it on certain connections.

tl;dr: If your devices use the same connection, they will all use the same IP. You can change that IP, but it can be a very technical task depending on your provider (ISP).
So, the votes on my Wii U, 3DS, phone etc. won't count unless I change my IP? If so, that's a shame.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
There is currently no proof that you can only make one vote, but to be safe only make one vote on your home computer.

Bets are off on anything else.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
So, the votes on my Wii U, 3DS, phone etc. won't count unless I change my IP? If so, that's a shame.
Yeah, you would need an IP change. Phones getting Internet over 2G/3G/4G, however, are a completely different beast and I have absolutely no info on how the IP system works on them. I made an edit describing the cellular IP system and how it might be implemented.

EDIT: made another edit that describes how you could theoretically get a new cellular IP by using reboots to cut the connection to your carrier.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Yeah, you would need an IP change. Phones getting Internet over 2G/3G/4G, however, are a completely different beast and I have absolutely no info on how the IP system works on them. I made an edit describing the cellular IP system and how it might be implemented.
Oh well, thanks for the info.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

I went the simplistic route this time.

I even made it so they connect when put together.

Please feel free to use them in your signatures. I'm working on a few more as well.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well I hope for the best. His Amiibo will be a mess though unless his default art is him sitting down with his hands on the ground.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well I hope for the best. His Amiibo will be a mess though unless his default art is him sitting down with his hands on the ground.
There's a lying down pose used for the portrait of Raymesis in Rayman Legends that could work for Rayman's Smash render, while also being Amiibo friendly.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
What a bummer.
So voting on two devices doesn't mean that there will be two votes and it will be treated as simply one vote?
If so, I'm REALLY bummed out. Now I'm kinda worried about how Rayman will fare against the other characters.
I guess I have to wait.....

God, I'm worried about Rayman.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
What a bummer.
So voting on two devices doesn't mean that there will be two votes and it will be treated as simply one vote?
If so, I'm REALLY bummed out. Now I'm kinda worried about how Rayman will fare against the other characters.
I guess I have to wait.....

God, I'm worried about Rayman.
Considering how many people were voting for Rayman on Twitter, and the fact that the official Rayman Twitter retweeted JamesDNaux 's tweet, I think Rayman has a decent shot, All we have to do is spread the word to people you know (like what I believe PenguinGamer is doing) and vote on devices away from home.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
That's not only for Rayman, every one who thought that you could vote in the same IP but other devices.

I still can vote him in my cousins' and friends' house, so, #KeepOnFighting

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Considering how many people were voting for Rayman on Twitter, and the fact that the official Rayman Twitter retweeted JamesDNaux 's tweet, I think Rayman has a decent shot, All we have to do is spread the word to people you know (like what I believe PenguinGamer is doing) and vote on devices away from home.
So, say I vote on my phone. Would it count as two votes if I voted at home and away from home?

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Damn, I checked it with IPchicken.com. Both my smartphone & my notebook have the same IP... :/

Just to be clear, it's fine if we just simply put Rayman as the series title, right?
I put "Rayman Legends (2013)" as a reference title. It's not only the most recent title (and a fabulous game), but also exclusive to Wii U in Japan... but you probably know that :chuckle:

BTW: If you guys like reading stuff, check out this blog post from Gatheryourparty.com: Rayman Retrospective: The Importance of Change - you may want to listen to this track while reading *g*: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4G-Jk0nwYE

Last edited:
Top Bottom