• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
So, if I go into an Apple store and I would vote on ALL of the devices up for display, all of them would count as one vote?
Yeah. They're all connected to Apple's network, which will result in each of them using the same external IP.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Yeah. They're all connected to Apple's network, which will result in each of them using the same external IP.
Well, at least I won't have to vote on 80 different devices.:laugh:
You're a good buddy to have around. Such knowledge can save people from doing questionable things.

Now if you'll excuse me, I will be going to restaurants and stores as a place to vote.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I wonder if the Rayman team is going to take the poll.
Not if us Kutthroats have anything to say about it. x;

Man, I love Rayman so much, but I have to give priority to K. Rool and Dixie. Sorry! Over the past few weeks, I've noticed a lot of overlap within the fandoms. I guess I shouldn't be so surprised, since both franchises are platformers with European origins. Who would win in a fight between Kaptain K. Rool and Admiral Razorbear? These are the important questions we need answers to.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys think they'll do another poll, after all this is said and done?

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Not if us Kutthroats have anything to say about it. x;
We've got sort of an alliance going between the Rayman, Snake, and K. Rool groups, so there's nothing to worry about.

Also, dat avi. Again.

We've got some people with good tastes coming around. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
As much as I want K. Rool (he was my most wanted newcomer in the pre Smash 4 days), I have to vote for Rayman. That leak influenced me to fight for him and I'm going to have my friends do the same.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Say guys, I want to point this out to all of you. In the Smash Bros website, if you check out Mewtwo's profile, scroll down all the way and you'll see the character selection row. Mewtwo is listed right after the secret characters slot. Now if I'm correct, these slots should be reserved for DLC characters. And since Lucus has been confirmed, that leaves us with just 4 slots left. So that means we have 4 chances of Rayman showing up. We're going have to do double duty on our votes should we want him to take up one of those spots left.
http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/mewtwo.html

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Well, if there are truly four spots left, my top 4 would without a doubt be Rayman, K. Rool, Wolf, and Snake.
What four characters would you guys want?

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
If I were to choose, then I would say Rayman, K.Rool, Wonder Red, and Shantae.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Well, if there are truly four spots left, my top 4 would without a doubt be Rayman, K. Rool, Wolf, and Snake.
hm...well, if I cared for the game...it would be Ridley (the one from SM, even if it's impossible),Rayman, Midna and Wolf Link and Wolf.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Say guys, I want to point this out to all of you. In the Smash Bros website, if you check out Mewtwo's profile, scroll down all the way and you'll see the character selection row. Mewtwo is listed right after the secret characters slot. Now if I'm correct, these slots should be reserved for DLC characters. And since Lucus has been confirmed, that leaves us with just 4 slots left. So that means we have 4 chances of Rayman showing up. We're going have to do double duty on our votes should we want him to take up one of those spots left.
http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/mewtwo.html
Those don't mean anything. They're just there. For example if you go on mobile there are no spots left whatsoever, and before release there was always those blank boxes. So in other words the amount of DLC isn't limited by those boxes.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I would want Roy, King K. Rool, Rayman and ...Gosh, that became difficult all of a sudden - it was either Isaac or Wolf. (I'm in the boat that Wolf's already confirmed.)\

EDIT:
Here's my real list:
Roy
King K. Rool
Rayman
Isaac

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Although I think there's more then likely more then 4 we could get, but there is likely a real limit, since you have a space limit on the 3DS, I believe;

Four would have to be;

• Ridley (Super Metroid); that's all we got left. Doubt it would happen...
  • Rayman; Rayman 3 designed. Rayman is seemly the most wanted 3rd party newcomer.
  • Roy (Fire Emblem); the true Roy Boy and last of the Melee fighters that is someone people still want back.
  • Shantae/Snake; Two fighters at this point are the last I'd could expect to see still have a chance...

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Do you guys think they'll do another poll, after all this is said and done?
Maybe. If they really are limiting it to one vote per IP Address, and are really planning on supporting Smash DLC in the long run, they might open a second poll after they've made the most requested characters to see who else people want.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Maybe. If they really are limiting it to one vote per IP Address, and are really planning on supporting Smash DLC in the long run, they might open a second poll after they've made the most requested characters to see who else people want.
It makes me wish they didn't limit the Wii U smash's capabilities to the 3ds', man. We could've had so much more, including more roster slots, it's a darn shame.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
If Smash 4 truly is Sakurai's last Smash game, I want him to go out with a bang. Also, I want him to be the guy that designs Rayman as a fighter.

No one pays attention to detail quite like Sakurai.

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
I also voted for Rayman because Ubisoft had a good relationship with Nintendo though japanese releases of Rayman Origins and Legends. I also want the first western 3rd party character to appear before having to wait for Super Smash Bros 5.

AndreaAC

If Smash 4 truly is Sakurai's last Smash game, I want him to go out with a bang. Also, I want him to be the guy that designs Rayman as a fighter.

No one pays attention to detail quite like Sakurai.
And I wonder...what do you mean by "Put attention to detail" like he supposedly does?

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
This is why I personally think there will be lots of DLC. Sakurai probably isn't fit to make another Smash game, but continuing to update this one is much, much easier on him. Heck, maybe Nintendo's forcing him to continue making DLC just so he doesn't get himself into even more physical trouble :p

And I wonder...what do you mean by "Put attention to detail" like he supposedly does?
He's talking about the 5 Smash Bros games that he has nearly gotten himself killed developing, games that have been some of the best in existence.

I mean, I know you are salty about Ridley, but come on, you can't deny the fact that the man is dedicated and talented at his job.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I mean, I know you are salty about Ridley, but come on, you can't deny the fact that the man is dedicated and talented at his job.
Salty doesn't even begin to explain what Ridley supporters feel. Not only is he the most requested character EVER, Sakurai just gave us the most BS reason for his exclusion.

Beyond that we had to deal with the near entirety of SmashBoards Sh*tting on us for supporting our favorite character. So, please, excuse us for being upset with Sakurai and his "reasons".

Last edited:

AndreaAC

This is why I personally think there will be lots of DLC. Sakurai probably isn't fit to make another Smash game, but continuing to update this one is much, much easier on him. Heck, maybe Nintendo's forcing him to continue making DLC just so he doesn't get himself into even more physical trouble :p

He's talking about the 5 Smash Bros games that he has nearly gotten himself killed developing, games that have been some of the best in existence.

And I shouldn't, it's a just a game, and you know, I'm glad he did what he did and also said about Ridley not being a fighter, I realized that worrying that much about the decisions of a game was utterly pointless. That's why I honestly gave up.

And I mean, I had fun with those back then on the N64, Melee and Brawl, but, all the speculation and the fiasco it had for year, really changed my mind.

And really, poor man, he's suffering physically, and he had said it many times, but still, he keeps doing it, he seems forced.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
And I shouldn't, it's a just a game, and you know, I'm glad he did what he did and also said about Ridley not being a fighter, I realized that worriying that much about the decisions of a game was utterly pointless. That's why I honestly gave up.

And I mean, I had fun with those back then on the N64, Melee and Brawl, but, all the speculation and the fiasco it had for year, really changed my mind.

And really, poor man, he's suffering physically, and he had said it many times, but still, he keeps doing it, he seems forced.
I don't know about you, but I think Nintendo ranks high up there for being one of the most stressful companies to work for.
And yeah, as much as I want DLC, I want him to take a break so his pain doesn't affect the final product.

AndreaAC

I don't know about you, but I think Nintendo ranks high up there for being one of the most stressful companies to work for.
And yeah, as much as I want DLC, I want him to take a break so his pain doesn't affect the final product.
The thing is, he COULD take a break, but, I think that every time he is suggested to do that, and let ANOTHER person take his place he goes "Oh, no, no one can do this game without me." and continues, I think having a game that has been around for nearly 15 years, he already gave the bases on how to do it, and even more, so, honestly, he's not needed, at least, not as a director, but eh, that's just me.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
And I shouldn't, it's a just a game, and you know, I'm glad he did what he did and also said about Ridley not being a fighter, I realized that worrying that much about the decisions of a game was utterly pointless. That's why I honestly gave up.

As much as I became a fan of the Metriod series, because of you and the others I met in the old Ridley thread, this is honestly how I gave to feel after it all came down and over with. At this point, I support the people, but I honestly couldn't care about Smash and it's characters anymore after speculation...it was too much, and I'm happy it was over with.

Anyone that cares, go ahead, glad for you all. Hope the best for you all. But as for me, I'm ore then done with that stuff, and if Sakurai see it as he does? Good. Ok then. If he change his mind? Good, glad for him and making him work if he does. But I still am done with Smash just the same as your reasons, I'm only here for the community...

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
MARIO, SONIC, SOLID SNAKE, MEGA MAN, PAC-MAN, RAYMAN.

Super Smash Bros. is without a doubt my favorite video game series of all time.

It defines Nintendo.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
MARIO, SONIC, SOLID SNAKE, MEGA MAN, PAC-MAN, RAYMAN.

Super Smash Bros. is without a doubt my favorite video game series of all time.

It defines Nintendo.
It defines video-games as a whole. Nintendo is the most legendary developer in gaming history. Smash Bros. is gaming history.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
It defines video-games as a whole. Nintendo is the most legendary developer in gaming history. Smash Bros. is gaming history.
It's unquestionably the melting pot of video games.
I mean, you know it is when you see Pac-Man and Mega Man fight against the likes of Shulk and Wii Fit Trainer.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I need a good canned phrase for when I vote for him. Any one have a good one?
It's Rayman, I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED IT!

As canned as it's gonna get.

Top Bottom