• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Would @ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux , or anyone who is a supporter of Rayman,be willing to go here
http://smashboards.com/threads/smashboards-votes.397113/#post-18876819and suply some quick blur about why Rayman is a good candidate? My hope is to make it a hub of inofrmation for people looking to vote/unsure of what happened today with that poll opening up, or with general discussion on voting. I'd love Rayman and other popular characters to be advocated in the first post.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
E3 2013: Mega Man
E3 2014: Pac-Man
E3 2015: Rayman
I don't think Sakurai was going to be THAT direct with us, but man, I'm so glad I was fooled. That Smash Ballet could be our saving grace.

We need to get as many results as we can. I'm going to show this to a lot of people at my school and ask them to vote for Rayman. The fact that it's one vote per device means our voices will have a greater chance of being heard!

However, there are obstacles we will have to overcome. Even though Rayman was the most wanted newcomer in the poll, he's going to face fierce competition from the likes of Ridley, King K. Rool, Issac, Dixie Kong, and Snake. Everybody will want their voices heard, so let's move out there in full force with our heads up high.

Let's ****ing do this. For Rayman, for his 20th birthday, for ANCEL... let's convince Sakurai that Rayman is worthy enough to be in Smash. We thought our voices would be clouded out by Sakurai's doubts about DLC, but with the Official Smash Poll being a thing, let's make this a REALITY.
Let's vote for ****ing Rayman.
Have a good night, and I can't wait what the future holds for us.
#KeepOnFighting
#Vote4Rayman

louie g

Smash Journeyman
This isn't saying much but, this was the best april fool's day I've ever had.

I mean, we get news that Rayman is the 5th most requested character from the mega smash poll, an official Smash poll immediately pops up, shaq takes over smashboards, etc. So much progress is being made, man.

Here's to tomarrow's raymanified!

ME GRIMLOCH

Smash Cadet
NNID
MeGrimloch
Voted for rayman this guy is long overdue for smash and needs to get in with all the classics.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm already posting it to dA.

@ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon

Who needs quick blurbs when we've got an OP dedicated to showing Rayman in the best light?
I thought it would be nice to have a short bit of information dedicated in a voting thread. Anyone coming here to read about Rayman has already likely included him in the vote. I'm looking to take the information to people who may not be convinced.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I thought it would be nice to have a short bit of information dedicated in a voting thread. Anyone coming here to read about Rayman has already likely included him in the vote. I'm looking to take the information to people who may not be convinced.
I'll try to writ something up when I get more spare time. I won't be able to get to it tonight, I need rest from this crazy day.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
I'm going to be starting a campaign at my school as well. There are a decent amount of Smash fans at my school, so we'll see how many people I can get to vote for Rayman.

And yes, this has been an amazing April Fools Day. Everything else in the Direct that wasn't Mewtwo, Lucas or the Smash Ballot was just the icing on the cake. This has seriously been one of the best Directs ever broadcast by Nintendo.

Rayman will be the bombshell reveal of E3 2015, just like how :4megaman: and :4pacman: were the bombshells of previous years.

I'm gonna miss this whole Shaq pun thing. At least I'll have the memories.

Anyone play:4pacman: on Google Maps? That was fun.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Copypasting here: Roy and K.Rool voted for, all that's left for now is Rayman, Isaac and Sylux. I'd like to say so many more, but I'll just leave it at these five initial responses from five separate devices.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Okay then. I've got 3 different devices to vote on at home, so chances should be good, to say the least.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I just voted yesterday for Rayman on the ballot so hopefully he'll end up being that fan mystery character. Loved that Nintendo Direct yesterday haven't been this hyped since E3 of last year.

I am also loving the new DLC content for both Smash Bros and MK8, especially Super Smash Bros. I'm also looking forward to the Mario Kart 8 DLC pack #2 they seem to be showing Capcom, Namco, and Sega a lot of love and support right now with showing costumes. Hopefully, we'll get Rayman in Smash this time and maybe something Rayman/Ubisoft related content in Mario Kart 8.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
It has been so long since that campaign video aired! I was thinking "Vote for Ed" the other day but I didn't think it would actually come true! Bravo.
Thanks! Though a friend of mine on DA showed this to me first when I posted my Rayman voters journal, so I thought this would be perfect.

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys think they'll finish one fighter by October? Or will they collect votes throughout the year and start the development of several characters at some point , releasing them till October and/or couple of months after?

BTW: Don't forget to use your Wii U / 3DS for an additional vote for Rayman!

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Just an FYI, but you guys can also vote for Rayman on your Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, Vita, and maybe PSP.

I'm going to start my campaign at school after Spring Break.
Keep it up, guys. We're getting closer!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

"The Rayman franchise has had a leading role in innovating the use and standard of 2D cartoon-like animation in video games, which has visibly influenced certain Nintendo games such as "Wario Land: Shake It!" and the Paper Mario series. Rayman himself is a charming character on the level of characters like Super Mario himself, and I feel like he is a perfect fit for the Smash Bros roster, from his personality to his moves from games such as Rayman Legends and Rayman 2. Also, despite being disappointed by the "ArtsyOmni Rayman leak", I feel his art shows Rayman would look perfect in Smash."

There's my vote anyway.

Top Bottom