• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

LightBolt825

Smash Rookie
Hello there everyone! I'm new here..... Well Kind of, have known of smashboards for years but would only come to check out their list and stuff. Anyway, I've been watching over this forum since the leak and you guys have all managed to keep my faith in Rayman bring in Smash! I'm thankful to all of you for all of the amazing and cool things you have said about the limbless hero since the leak of valentines day. I know with all this forums efforts and the assist from the thousands of people who also fell for the leak that we WILL get Rayman in Smash Wii U and 3DS!

I will be voting for Rayman (of course), Tails, K rool, and Waddle Dee. ^·^

Also am I the only one who thinks Wolf will be confirmed along side star fox Wii u at E3? That would leave 2 characters left to be announced there (since 3 is normally the tradition for Smash) LETS AIM FOR RAYMAN AND K ROOL! (Sorry for this message being so long)

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Hello there everyone! I'm new here..... Well Kind of, have known of smashboards for years but would only come to check out their list and stuff. Anyway, I've been watching over this forum since the leak and you guys have all managed to keep my faith in Rayman bring in Smash! I'm thankful to all of you for all of the amazing and cool things you have said about the limbless hero since the leak of valentines day. I know with all this forums efforts and the assist from the thousands of people who also fell for the leak that we WILL get Rayman in Smash Wii U and 3DS!

I will be voting for Rayman (of course), Tails, K rool, and Waddle Dee. ^·^

Also am I the only one who thinks Wolf will be confirmed along side star fox Wii u at E3? That would leave 2 characters left to be announced there (since 3 is normally the tradition for Smash) LETS AIM FOR RAYMAN AND K ROOL! (Sorry for this message being so long)
Welcome to the crew! More supporters means more votes for Rayman!

Well, if Wolf does get confirmed at E3, then at least they should make Rayman as a last minute surprise.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
No you're not the only one actually I think basically everyone is expecting Wolf to be revealed for Smash 4 right before or after Starfox Wii U during the E3 Direct at this point. Like:

> Iwata: "We have a new game to present to you"
> Starfox trailer
> Iwata: "Speaking about Starfox..."
> Smash flame logo with the metallic sound
> Wolf DLC trailer
> Iwata: "Also, we're planing to add more characters to Smash Bros. Please take a look."
> Smash flame logo with the metallic sound (again)
> First DLC newcomer trailer

And later, a new DLC newcomer is revealed at E3 outside of the Direct, similar to WFT and Pac-Man in 2013 and 2014 respectively. Knowing a third-paty newcomer had been announced in both years during E3, I have some faith for Rayman to be revealed, but if he's not revealed for this year's E3 then I'm going to be much less optimistic on his chances.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I would like to see Rayman, Rayman, Rayman and Rayman..

No , seriously:
-Rayman.
-Geno.
-King K. Rool
-Snake.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My top four would probably be Snake, Rayman, Ice Climbers, and King K. Rool (assuming that Ridley isn't an option regardless of how well he does - otherwise, he'd push the Ice Climbers down to #5 on my list).

Snake and Ice Climbers are two unique veterans that represented entire series (and I'm sure the Ice Climbers can be modified so that they can work on the 3DS), Donkey Kong and Metroid are two franchises that have been criminally under-represented in this game relative to their popularity and longevity, and Rayman would be a fantastic addition that Nintendo already has permission to use.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I completely forgot about doing the write-up yesterday, it was lost in the drowning out of the hype. @DukeNapoleon

Rayman has been a platforming icon for 20 years from his very debut in 1995 with his first, self-titled game. Rayman's history with Nintendo started with his first game having a prototype on the Super Nintendo, and every one of his major games since being on Nintendo consoles, including the newest, Rayman Legends on the Wii U! Rayman even managed to get three trophies into Super Smash Bros. for Wii U without having a playable appearance, a first for any third party character. From his abilities in his first game all the way to his basic movements in Legends, Rayman is a perfect fit for a playable fighter in Smash with his unique attribute of detached fists. Legends provides the perfect standard attacks for Rayman to use in battle, and from Rayman 2 (N64) his iconic energy spheres that can be rapidly fired or charged for a more powerful attack are perfect for his standard special. Many of his costume powerups from Rayman 3 (GameCube) also provide perfect alternatives for custom special moves, and the outfits themselves lend to palette swaps. Rayman is one of the last great series from the 90's that is still ongoing to this day, with many games on Nintendo's own consoles.

[collapse=Concise version]
Rayman has been a platforming icon for 20 years from his very debut in 1995 to his newest game, Rayman Legends on the Wii U! Rayman has plenty of unique potential, from his long range punches to his energy sphere projectiles. Many of his powerups from Rayman 3 are perfect for customs and palette swaps. My first game was Pac-Man, and my second was Super Mario Bros. The first game I owned for myself was Rayman, and he's been a huge part of my life ever since, I can already experience the joy of seeing Pac-Man and Mario in the same game together, and seeing Rayman with them would be amazing!
[/collapse]
I'll be recasting my vote using this now.

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Okay guys I checked it with IPchicken.com and I came to the amazing conclusion that your smartphone IP ALWAYS changes after going to flight mode (when using mobile data, not wifi, of course). So basically, we should be able to vote nonstop without changing the device!

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
The first one was a great "hit" for the competitive smash comunity, so, there's a probability.
Agreed.

Also, I know you said you wouldn't do anymore Raymanizing over Spring Break, but I can't help but ask:

Can you please Raymanize Uncle Sam in the style of a poster with the words:
"I WANT YOU TO VOTE FOR ME!"
Hope you don't mind. You don't have to do it.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Agreed.

Also, I know you said you wouldn't do anymore Raymanizing over Spring Break, but I can't help but ask:

Can you please Raymanize Uncle Sam in the style of a poster with the words:
"I WANT YOU TO VOTE FOR ME!"
Hope you don't mind. You don't have to do it.
Um, I was planning to do some more, mostly one or two for myself...so, let me see if I can do it...I shouldn't but, meh.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Okay, here goes… Which Nintendo character do you want in Super Smash Bros.? Submit your choice at the official site…
Nowhere in there does it specifically say "do not ask for third party characters."

Plus the poll itself doesn't specifically say Nintendo characters either.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The poll does just say "Video game character".
BRB asking for Scorpion.

Top Bottom