• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I find it strange that people expect the Ballot to only have one character come out of it. I also find out weird that people are suggesting that the Ballot is aa "suggestion box". That kind ruins the point of calling it a Ballot doesn't it?

But, on the Inklings, I can definitely see them getting in. I'm not all about guessing patterns but then releasing Roy, Ryu, and Lucas at the same time worked HEAVILY in their favor. So, if we go by that "pattern", I would think there would be 3 more non Ballot characters. Wolf, Snake, and Inklings. That's just my two cents though. I just want ANY information from Nintendo at this point. :glare:
Yeah, I'm almost certain there's gonna be more than one Ballot character.

And if we go with your theory of 3 being released at the same time like Roy, Lucas, and Ryu, then I'd want the next batch to be Wolf, Rayman, and Snake.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I find it strange that people expect the Ballot to only have one character come out of it. I also find out weird that people are suggesting that the Ballot is aa "suggestion box". That kind ruins the point of calling it a Ballot doesn't it?

But, on the Inklings, I can definitely see them getting in. I'm not all about guessing patterns but then releasing Roy, Ryu, and Lucas at the same time worked HEAVILY in their favor. So, if we go by that "pattern", I would think there would be 3 more non Ballot characters. Wolf, Snake, and Inklings. That's just my two cents though. I just want ANY information from Nintendo at this point. :glare:
People have gotten the idea that the Ballot is a suggestion box since at its announcement, Iwata said that we could "suggest" to them who we want to see appear in Smash.
Also, I think the Inkling will be a standalone character similar to how Mewtwo was and that we'll get three more characters.
My three predictions are:
1.) King K. Rool
2.) Wolf
3.) Snake or Rayman

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Have you guys not noticed the raise in quality of the newer Amiibo? Seriously, the ROB, Mr. Game & Watch, and Duck Hunt amiibo look so good!
While I don't collect them at all, I have heard they have improved a lot in quality, so that's good.

Bradandez

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bradandez
No, because I'm not looking for any.
Wow, lame.

I'm gonna take a break from this discussion for today. I'm going to draw that Rayman amiibo I ingeniously thought of and a Betilla assist trophy I also thought up off.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Well, again, that's good that the quality has gotten better. It still doesn't make me forget those beta version with the piss stand, geezus... =u=
Beta version? that means that Link doesn't have the piss stand now? Because if you mean other version, that would be the prototypes, and I don't remember seeing the stands of any of the shown characters like they are currently.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Beta version? that means that Link doesn't have the piss stand now? Because if you mean other version, that would be the prototypes, and I don't remember seeing the stands of any of the shown characters like they are currently.
I checked...it may still be I think. I thought it was changed, but I guess not...

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
Out of the amiibo that I have, I think that Megaman is my favorite. It has this really nice metallic shine for a non-metal figure!

AndreaAC

Wow, lame.

I'm gonna take a break from this discussion for today. I'm going to draw that Rayman amiibo I ingeniously thought of and a Betilla assist trophy I also thought up off.
You know, not all people want to spend their money in pieces of plastic, I have more important priorities than to waste money in that kind of stuff.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
You know, not all people want to spend their money in pieces of plastic, I have more important priorities than to waste money in that kind of stuff.
Well, especially since, you said you don't have the game to really have a reason to get them, but that is also the case as well, me included. I have other things to care about, like my career.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
It wasn't that bad. She's right, not everyone has a reason to get those things. Especially when we all have other things to worry about in our lives.
I guess it's just me, then. In my case I would've said "It's just that I'm not really interested in them."

I'm just a naturally polite person, I guess.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I guess it's just me, then. In my case I would've said "It's just that I'm not really interested in them."

Well, what's said is said. She stated her case. However it was said, it's said now.

Now, back to Rayman, K?

DSCI0423.JPG

Bradandez

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bradandez

It's fine. Don't worry 'bout little ol' me. I've been told worse. I enjoy it! Really!

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I love Amiibo. I grew up with Smash 64, Melee, Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon. I always thought "Man, I really wish they made action figures of these characters," and maybe they did but I never found any. Same thing during Brawl, and I was hoping against everything that an Ike action figure was out there somewhere. Now that I'm grown up and over playing action figures, I didn't think I would ever care about it again. Then I got a Link Amiibo. It filled this void in me that I've been longing for ever since I was a little wee lad. I got an Ike Amiibo and it felt like I finally found my most beloved character in real life. I got Sonic, Robin, and Shulk because those characters, and the games in which they appeared, mean so much to me. So I guess if building my childhood that I never had is wasting money, then I'm a full blown money waster. I'm sure I'm not the only one who asked for a Link toy for Christmas all the time and never received one. I'm sure there are PLENTY of people who had the same story as I.

Edit: the point I'm trying to make is: everyone has their own reason for buying Amiibo. I know it's a waste of money. I know when I buy one it isn't going to serve any real purpose. But I love them.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

I love Amiibo. I grew up with Smash 64, Melee, Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon. I always thought "Man, I really wish they made action figures of these characters," and maybe they did but I never found any. Same thing during Brawl, and I was hoping against everything that an Ike action figure was out there somewhere. Now that I'm grown up and over playing action figures, I didn't think I would ever care about it again. Then I got a Link Amiibo. It filled this void in me that I've been longing for ever since I was a little wee lad. I got an Ike Amiibo and it felt like I finally found my most beloved character in real life. I got Sonic, Robin, and Shulk because those characters, and the games in which they appeared, mean so much to me. So I guess if building my childhood that I never had is wasting money, then I'm a full blown money waster. I'm sure I'm not the only one who asked for a Link toy for Christmas all the time and never received one. I'm sure there are PLENTY of people who had the same story as I.
I guess you are right, I just wish University didn't take it all, and well, I still hope to get something for both my birthday and christmas, since I will be traveling to Veracruz in December (if everything goes alright that is), and just like I found Reshiram and Meta Knight, I hope to find McFarlane's Shay and Mini. And I wish I had Rosalina and MK as well. But, it isn't that easy. So, if I'm not able to find them, I will have to wait until I get the oportunity.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I guess you are right, I just wish University didn't take it all, and well, I still hope to get something for both my birthday and christmas, since I will be traveling to Veracruz on December, and just like I found Reshiram and Meta Knight, I hope to find McFarlane's Shay and Mini. And I wish I had Rosalina and MK as well. But, it isn't that easy. So, if I'm not able to find them, I will have to wait until I get the oportunity.
Well, just take your time. Don't rush trying to get a toy, your career is more important. But I wish you the best of luck getting something for your birthday, you deserve it for all your hard work.

AndreaAC

Well, just take your time. Don't rush trying to get a toy, your career is more important. But I wish you the best of luck getting something for your birthday, you deserve it for all your hard work.
I know, but, if I survive this quarter, then getting them would be a great reward for me for my effort and probably sleepless nights, specially if I get Shay (hopefully two...plz). And thank you, at least I have R3 and my drawing skills to entertain me.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I know, but, if I survive this quarter, then getting them would be a great reward for me for my effort and probably sleepless nights, specially if I get Shay (hopefully two...plz). And thank you, at least I have R3 and my drawing skills to entertain me.
:3 That's the spirit. Just stay positive, and keep doing your best, everything will turn out well in the end for you pal, don't worry.

And your welcome. No problem.

Bradandez

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bradandez

Edit: the point I'm trying to make is: everyone has their own reason for buying Amiibo. I know it's a waste of money. I know when I buy one it isn't going to serve any real purpose. But I love them.
I love amiibo not only because they're fun to collect, but I'm such a Toy Enthusiast! I love collecting amiibo because they look great on my bookshelf and I see use in them. I don't give a damn what anyone says, if I enjoy something that I purchase, it's not a waste.

AndreaAC

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Meh.

I stopped caring about Amiibo a long time ago. If I happen to come across one and have the money to spend, I might get it, but that's only once in a very long while.

My "Collection":
:4mario::4peach::4luigi::rosalina::4kirby::4link::4tlink::4pacman::4sonic::4megaman:

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
Just curious, but how do we know that there's even going to be a Nintendo Direct tomorrow? Where did the whole talk of one being on the 14th start anyway, did Nintendo make an announcement on twitter or something a while back or is this all fan speculation that got widely accepted as truth? For all we know, there might not be anything happening tomorrow, just like nothing happened on the 3rd when the Ballot was supposed to close (and even then it didn't close until two or three days later.) Just curious is all.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
So it's probably true then. The day that Iwata died, so has any hype for Nintendo this year.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
For those people that are fans of Beyond Good & Evil, BrainScratchComms is now Let's Playing the first game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom