• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Bradandez

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bradandez
Sora? You mean the character whose major, main games have been Playstation exclusive?

Bradandez

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bradandez
Yeah, at least Snake has been on Nintendo Home consoles before. And I would really like to play as Snake. Never played Brawl before.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Yeah, at least Snake has been on Nintendo Home consoles before. And I would really like to play as Snake. Never played Brawl before.
He's really fun. While I didn't really main him, he was still a character I used from time to time to just mess around.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I think Snake and Rayman are the only third party characters with any sliver of a chance (RIP Banjo).

And honestly, I'd give Snake the edge for being a veteran and being the highest requested third party, and one of the most requested characters in general (edging up there with the likes of Wolf or King K. Rool).

We're all friends here though, so I'd appreciate it if no one would be particularly negative about characters who aren't Rayman.

Bradandez

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bradandez
*pats back* I'm sure you can find a copy of Brawl for pretty cheap.
Maybe one day...

Hey to get back on topic for a bit, I came up with an incredible idea for Rayman's amiibo. Just like the Mr. Game & Watch amiibo, have Rayman's amiibo come with various different body parts. Like different heads with different expressions, different hand gestures (lol I know what you're thinking), etc. And you can customize him however you'd like.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Maybe one day...

Hey to get back on topic for a bit, I came up with an incredible idea for Rayman's amiibo. Just like the Mr. Game & Watch amiibo, have Rayman's amiibo come with various different body parts. Like different heads with different expressions, different hand gestures (lol I know what you're thinking), etc. And you can customize him however you'd like.
That would be really neat! Especially since Rayman's amiibo would have to be a bit different from the others.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'd honestly rather see Cloud or even Mickey Mouse before Sora.

This coming from someone who loves the first two KH games, is eagerly awaiting the third, and has never played Final Fantasy.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'd honestly rather see Cloud or even Mickey Mouse before Sora.

This coming from someone who loves the first two KH games, is eagerly awaiting the third, and has never played Final Fantasy.
I am totally ****ing down for Mickey Mouse. Only "4th" party I would EVER be OK with.

Bradandez

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bradandez
That would be really neat! Especially since Rayman's amiibo would have to be a bit different from the others.
I know right? Big factor of Rayman getting in is an amiibo of him. It'll probably give Ubisoft the hint of giving Rayman some more merchandise.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I am totally ****ing down for Mickey Mouse. Only "4th" party I would EVER be OK with.
The only way I would accept Mickey is if he had a classic black and white alt, eye change and all.

He'd be pretty cool though, maybe he could even pull out a Keyblade or paint brush for some moves. So many good classic games he can pull stuff from too, Castle and World of Illusion, Mickey Mania... he could throw marbles, swing a cape like Mario, etc.

Wait, this is the Rayman thread.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Seriously, Goofy is my favorite character from the Mickey Mouse franchise. There's just something charming about him.

Plus, he can turn into a freaking turtle!

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
I'm all for a Rayman amiibo, especially if it looks like this, but with some thinner supports around the head and body.

Bradandez

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bradandez
Yeah! Let's keep talking about the most important thing about Smash Bros: AMIIBO!

Another idea that came from RPC was having Rayman against a wall... Everyone agreed when I said that was a bad idea.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I'm all for a Rayman amiibo, especially if it looks like this, but with some thinner supports around the head and body.
Well, as long as in the final product, the support doesn't look like piss, like it happened to Link, I'm fine with it.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I have a question for you guys:
Assuming that the Inklings will be joining Smash 4 as DLC, do you think we'll still get one more third party?
I ask this because the Inklings and (presumably) Wolf would take up 2 of the three 3 slots.
Do you guys also think they'll add in one more slot?

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I have a question for you guys:
Assuming that the Inklings will be joining Smash 4 as DLC, do you think we'll still get one more third party?
I ask this because the Inklings and (presumably) Wolf would take up 2 of the three 3 slots.
Do you guys also think they'll add in one more slot?
Hmm, I personally think we shouldn't decide how many characters will be added entirely on the slots. Another third party is entirely possible, and if it wasn't able to be Rayman, I'd pick Snake.

In terms of the Inklings, while I don't really care much for Splatoon and I find it super overrated, they'd still be cool to see.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Yeah, but in the end it just looks like, you know, piss.

Or maybe I'm dumb and don't realise it's a joke.
Still, the image/prototype showed a better support for the characters, but oh well, that's what mass production can cause, a noticeable downfall in the quality.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I find it strange that people expect the Ballot to only have one character come out of it. I also find out weird that people are suggesting that the Ballot is aa "suggestion box". That kind ruins the point of calling it a Ballot doesn't it?

But, on the Inklings, I can definitely see them getting in. I'm not all about guessing patterns but then releasing Roy, Ryu, and Lucas at the same time worked HEAVILY in their favor. So, if we go by that "pattern", I would think there would be 3 more non Ballot characters. Wolf, Snake, and Inklings. That's just my two cents though. I just want ANY information from Nintendo at this point. :glare:

Bradandez

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bradandez
Nothing, of course, but at least not every amiibo looks bad, like MK's or Rosalina's for example.
Have you guys not noticed the raise in quality of the newer Amiibo? Seriously, the ROB, Mr. Game & Watch, and Duck Hunt amiibo look so good!

Last edited:
Top Bottom