• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I'm the same, really, I don't like Origins or Legends as a game, I just like the background art mostly, because it is indeed beautiful, and as a concept designer I want to become, it is inspiring, but also R1/R2/R3/R4's art as well, even more so because I could experience it as the final product in game (and R4's makes me wish it had come to the final stages of development), and I love it. And I don't care how much RL/RO are praised, it is not enough to make me want to forget about the games that mostly determined what I dream to become in the future.
Pretty much how I used to feel. When Origins was revealed, it wasn't the Rayman 3 sequel I had been waiting so long for, so I instantly hated it, but I then grew to appreciate it for what it was and I think it's great now. I'm still waiting for a true Rayman 3 sequel, though.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Pretty much how I used to feel. When Origins was revealed, it wasn't the Rayman 3 sequel I had been waiting so long for, so I instantly hated it, but I then grew to appreciate it for what it was and I think it's great now. I'm still waiting for a true Rayman 3 sequel, though.
Well, if we can still hope, be hopeful indeed. =u= But now, I don't even need a "Rayman 4" at least, I would hope the fans get another 3D game though, something to add more variety to the series again, and for people that waited for 12 years or so for one. :)

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Well, if we can still hope, be hopeful indeed. =u= But now, I don't even need a "Rayman 4" at least, I would hope the fans get another 3D game though, something to add more variety to the series again, and for people that waited for 12 years or so for one. :)
Rayman 3 was amazing both aesthetically and gameplay wise, so I can't even begin to imagine what they could pull off with today's technology.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Well, when I saw a drawing that showed Rayman's design for RO and said "Rayman is BACK!" I was like "YAY!", but then I saw the trailer and I was : "Oh, well, this wasn't what I was expecting, but it has nice art and music.", and I was going to accept it when it was supposed to be a prequel to the first game because of Rayman's and Globox's strange and inmature attitude, but when it said "It is a SEQUEL to Rayman 3 and Rayman slept for a 100 years AND HE'S LIKE THAT WHEN HE WAKES UP." I just put a grin on my face and thought "You got to be kidding me."

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, when I saw a drawing that showed Rayman's design for RO and said "Rayman is BACK!" I was like "YAY!", but then I saw the trailer and I was : "Oh, well, this wasn't what I was expecting, but it has nice art and music.", and I was going to accept it when it was supposed to be a prequel to the first game because of Rayman's and Globox's strange and inmature attitude, but when it said "It is a SEQUEL to Rayman 3 and Rayman slept for a 100 years AND HE'S LIKE THAT WHEN HE WAKES UP." I just put a grin on my face and thought "You got to be kidding me."
Yeah...that was something I felt exactly the same way about... I even played the game, and It was indeed better than the Rabbids deep down, but.... it being a "equal" instead of a Prequel really made me think differently about that game series afterwards.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Yeah...that was something I felt exactly the same way about... I even played the game, and It was indeed better than the Rabbids deep down, but.... it being a "equal" instead of a Prequel really made me think differently about that game series afterwards.
Sequel/Prequel. And I still wonder about the scrapped story, I mean, maybe it isn't that interesting, but at least would have given I don't know, more sense to the game or something.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Sequel/Prequel. And I still wonder about the scrapped story, I mean, maybe it isn't that interesting, but at least would have given I don't know, more sense to the game or something.
From what was said before I heard, it was supposed to be Rayman basically meeting up with Globox, and it was their first adventure as heroes. Although this still recons the first game by principle and for Globox, changes his cowardly persona, it was supposed to be a "reboot" of the original Rayman 1.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Well, here's how I look at it:

The original trilogy and RO/RL are their own separate universes. With the Rabbids universe, Rayman was sent to Earth somehow and that's where the Rabbids live. His memories were wiped away after he returned to his own world, while the Rabbids continued doing their own thing, explaining Rayman's absence in the following games.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

From what was said before I heard, it was supposed to be Rayman basically meeting up with Globox, and it was their first adventure as heroes. Although this still recons the first game by principle and for Globox, changes his cowardly persona, it was supposed to be a "reboot" of the original Ramyan 1.
Well, there's a good thing that it wasn't a prequel after all, because I can easily put RO/RL/RA aside and away from R1/R2/R3 since they differ a lot from one another.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, here's how I look at it:

The original trilogy and RO/RL are their own separate universes. With the Rabbids universe, Rayman was sent to Earth somehow and that's where the Rabbids live. His memories were wiped away after he returned to his own world, while the Rabbids continued doing their own thing, explaining Rayman's absence in the following games.
I guess that would explain how things ended up now with his personality, although that doesn't explain Globox... since he was also "techincally" with the Rabbids and the Teensies is unexplained as well... But hey, whatever is tyhe "canon" now, it doesn't really matter anymore given how the new series is.

Well, there's a good thing that it wasn't a prequel after all, because I can easily put RO/RL/RA aside and away from R1/R2/R3 since they differ a lot from one another.
Exactly. That's what I would do , and will. The original trilogy is by itself in my opinion.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I guess that would explain how things ended up now with his personality, although that doesn't explain Globox... since he was also "techincally" with the Rabbids and the Teenieses is unexplained as well... But hey, whatever is tyhe "canon" now, it doesn't really matter anymore given how th enew series is.

Exactly. That's what I would do , and will.
Eh, it's just me trying to piece it all together as well as I can.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Honestly, it's just best to keep the Trilogy to itself. It's clearer that was what Ancel was going for with the Origins series, and well, if Mario can have not every main games canon to each other, then Rayman can do the same thing. Trying to connect all the Rayman games together is just as bad as doing that to Zelda...which people try to do, and look how confusing that went...

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Honestly, it's just best to keep the Trilogy to itself. It's clearer that was what Ancel was going for with the Origins series, and well, if Mario can have not every main games canon to each other, then Rayman can do the same thing. Trying to connect all the Rayman games together is just as bad as doing that to Zelda...which people try to do, and look how confusing that went...
The Hyrule Hystoria fixed that a bit, but it's just gonna get more and more confusing as more games come out. The Zelda timeline is a complete mess.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
The Hyrule Hystoria fixed that a bit, but it's just gonna get more and more confusing as more games come out. The Zelda timeline is a complete mess.
So, just for everyone's sake and love for the series as a whole, just let Ancel do what he wants and if you like it, good, if not, oh well, at least I still got the Trilogy to look forward to as long as I live.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Just like I do with the Original Trilogy, I just chose one of the Zelda timelines, which is the one that has SS>OoT>MM>TP. The others doesn't really matter.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
So, just for everyone's sake and love for the series as a whole, just let Ancel do what he wants and if you like it, good, if not, oh well, at least I still got the Trilogy to look forward to as long as I live.
Just like I do with the Original Trilogy, I just chose one of the Zelda timelines, which is the one that has SS>OoT>MM>TP. The others doesn't really matter.
Well, I have the same mindset in both series. I love them as a whole and can appreciate what each individual title brings to the table.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, I have the same mindset in both series. I love them as a whole and can appreciate what each individual title brings to the table.
That's good. At least this series does catter to all fans, in some ways. Rabbid lovers, Trilogy fans, Origins fans, at least everyone is happy in the end.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
it's kinda off topic but I am quite proud of it so why not share it on here?

IT'S TIME TO GET SPOOKY!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm also the same with Sonic. While some titles were not exactly perfect, I still love the series as a whole.
Was thinking the same thing. I love Sonic, but I still like certain games more than others, and that's all that matters, let everything just like what they like, dislike what they like.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Boy this thread blew up all of a sudden.

I'll always love Rayman no matter what. Even if it's incredibly different than what I'm used too, I'm always guaranteed a quality experience.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Boy this thread blew up all of a sudden.

I'll always love Rayman no matter what. Even if it's incredibly different than what I'm used too, I'm always guaranteed a quality experience.
Yeah, things really get moving once we can get a conversation flowing.

Same. Always loved Rayman since I was a little kid.

Bradandez

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bradandez
Rayman Origins and Legends: Best Games in the Series. No Contest. Don't care what anybody else says.

Also, 'sup. It's been a month since I was here. I'm doin' great. Real busy tho. I drew this, enjoy. If it's too big, sorry. Can't/don't know how to make it smaller.

Also, I'm still working on a lot of Rayman Smash Bros. stuff! It's gonna be real good! K, that's all bye!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Rayman Origins and Legends: Best Games in the Series. No Contest. Don't care what anybody else says.

Also, 'sup. It's been a month since I was here. I'm doin' great. Real busy tho. I drew this, enjoy. If it's too big, sorry. Can't/don't know how to make it smaller.

Also, I'm still working on a lot of Rayman Smash Bros. stuff! It's gonna be real good! K, that's all bye!
Awesome work dude, can't wait to see the rest of your Smash Bros stuff.

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I disappear from this thread for a couple days and wind up coming back to Cucco coffins, Toonami talk and comparisons between the Rayman and Zelda timelines! Good job everyone, this is some of the stuff I look forward to in these forums!:laugh:

As for the Tv talk, I usually only watch tv on saturdays to catch the latest episode of Pokémon in the morning and to watch Toonami from midnight to 3am with my older brother. All the other times I use my tv is when I turn on my N64/Gamecube/Wii/WiiU to play a game or record a game for my youtube channel (not trying to advertise myself or anything btw.)

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
The only shows that I'm interested in watching are Wander Over Yonder, Gravity Falls, and Star vs. the Forces of Evil. However, since I don't have cable TV, I resort to watching them on the internet whenever they're up.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I never really watch TV because I just find using my computer to find them much more convenient. In terms of cartoons, I enjoy a couple, but overall there aren't that many. I'm much more of an anime guy myself.

Last edited:

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
I think the perfect third partie roster should be

Sonic Mega Man Pac-Man Ryu Sora Shovel Knight Rayman

AndreaAC

I dunno, the bottom art is good, but it just doesn't look right to me. From my point of view, these characters never age.
I think the same, but the artist took the liberty to do something funny. xD I wasn't expecting to see something like that, ever, and I think I saw something similar YEARS AGO...

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Except... the last rumor was true, and it sounded more unbelievable than ever... (Ryu)
Wellllll, that wasn't a rumor that was an actual leak. Sakurai's team left Ryu and Roy's data in the update sooooo...

This is totally different. Nobody has given ANY explanation of who the character is. More and more people 'know' who the next character is without giving any information at all. It's easy to say nothing and then at reveal say "yep, that's the character". The only info we have is that the character will be revealed within THIS WEEK. A Splatoon Data Miner also said there will be a Direct on the 14th.

If the stars align and someone like K. Rool is revealed on the 14th, then I will examine each leak even more closely. If this doesn't happen, then we know a ton of people are just bull****ting all of us.

Top Bottom