• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
So after Pirate Ship was released, I just had to do this.

I still remember my first time encountering Toon Link in the Subspace Emissary and beating him with Sonic like it was yesterday. Good times.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

I still remember my first time encountering Toon Link in the Subspace Emissary and beating him with Sonic like it was yesterday. Good times.
Funny, I believe that was the same thing that happened to me. xD Good video, btw.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I believe that happened to me as well. When I unlocked Sonic in Subspace, the first thing I did was replay the levels.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I believe that happened to me as well. When I unlocked Sonic in Subspace, the first thing I did was replay the levels.
Well, I had already unlocked Sonic beforehand by beating Classic 10 times (ironically with Snake). I used him because he's my number 1 main in Brawl and I love him to death.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Well, I had already unlocked Sonic beforehand by beating Classic 10 times (ironically with Snake). I used him because he's my number 1 main in Brawl and I love him to death.
Oh I unlocked Sonic that way too, I was just referring to when I unlocked him on Subspace.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Oh I unlocked Sonic that way too, I was just referring to when I unlocked him on Subspace.
Oh, I see!

Well, and also, by that time, I had already struggled so much to unlock Toon Link due to the pain that was the Great Maze, so I literally screamed of joy when I finally unlocked him. Toon Link is my all time favorite incarnation of Link and Wind Waker is one of my favorite Zelda games.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Oh, I see!

Well, and also, by that time, I had already struggled so much to unlock Toon Link due to the pain that was the Great Maze, so I literally screamed of joy when I finally unlocked him. Toon Link is my all time favorite incarnation of Link and Wind Waker is one of my favorite Zelda games.
I agree, though that's mainly due to the fact that Wind Waker is the only Zelda game I've played and beaten.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Did you see this Rayman 2 Statue? I've never seen it, it's really big! xD

Also.. nightmare fuel here..

Seriously.. it's so weird this cosplay xD.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Did you see this Rayman 2 Statue? I've never seen it, it's really big! xD

Also.. nightmare fuel here..

Seriously.. it's so weird this cosplay xD.
xD I reeeeeeally want that statue, that one and the R3 Rayman one, nao.

And Nightmare fuel...meh, this is still worse.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
So guys, I wanted to ask you all one thing. With the Duck Hunt stage being added to 3DS and Pirate Ship and Mario Maker sharing music with other stages, the possibilities of stages are pretty much endless now.

So which stage do you guys wanna see? I NEED my Magicant on Wii U. It's an amazing tribute to the Mother franchise, and it would look gorgeous in HD. New Pork City and Fourside would be great, too.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
So guys, I wanted to ask you all one thing. With the Duck Hunt stage being added to 3DS and Pirate Ship and Mario Maker sharing music with other stages, the possibilities of stages are pretty much endless now.

So which stage do you guys wanna see. I NEED my Magicant on Wii U. It's an amazing tribute to the Mother franchise, and it would look gorgeous in HD. New Pork City would be great, too.
Even if I don't care much for Smash anymore; seeing Fountain of Dreams return is all I really care to see again, it was a really beautiful stage in Melee. The Pirate Ship was really all I cared for to return from Brawl, and it's back so, yeah. xD

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Also, there's a Rayman contest, called "I love Rayman Fan Video Contest", here it's the link:

https://rayman.ubi.com/20thContest#/home

I really want to participate, and I think I'm going to participate xD!

It ends on 30th October.

Prizes:

GRAND PRIZE:

- VIP Experience at the Ubisoft Montpellier Studio with Rayman creator Michel Ancel and the Rayman team!
- Commemorative Rayman 20th Anniversary Medallion
- Rayman & Ubisoft Montpellier 20th Anniversary Tote Bag
- Lithograph signed by Michel Ancel and the Rayman team
- Free copy of "L'histoire de Rayman" book
- Free Rayman game

2nd to 5th PLACE PRIZES:

- Free Rayman game

louie g

Smash Journeyman

So which stage do you guys wanna see? I NEED my Magicant on Wii U. It's an amazing tribute to the Mother franchise, and it would look gorgeous in HD. New Pork City would be great, too.
I would absolutely fall in love if they made a Luigi's mansion dark moon stage.

I love the brawl luigi's mansion, but it feels cluttered to do a serious fight on. If they made a bigger stage, similar to kirby's great maze, filled with haunted rooms, and possibly even make it breakable, it'd be the best thing ever!

Also I definitely agree with HD magicant, that'd be sweet.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Also, there's a Rayman contest, called "I love Rayman Fan Video Contest", here it's the link:

It ends on 30th October.

Prizes:

GRAND PRIZE:

- VIP Experience at the Ubisoft Montpellier Studio with Rayman creator Michel Ancel and the Rayman team!
- Free Rayman game

2nd to 5th PLACE PRIZES:

- Free Rayman game
:) good luck~! I hope you get something and have fun~! xD

o_o Not going to sleep tonight...again.
=u= Exaggerations... we've seen FAR worse things... xD

Furret24

Smash Master
I would absolutely fall in love if they made a Luigi's mansion dark moon stage.

I love the brawl luigi's mansion, but it feels cluttered to do a serious fight on. If they made a bigger stage, similar to kirby's great maze, filled with haunted rooms, and possibly even make it breakable, it'd be the best thing ever!

Also I definitely agree with HD magicant, that'd be sweet.
I'd be all for a "super-size" stage that's actually cool. Great Cave Offensive and Palutena's Temple are probably the worst stages in Smash U.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Oh.. what a shame, I won't be able to participate:

>PARTICIPANTS MUST HAVE
REACHED THE AGE OF LEGAL MAJORITY IN HIS/HER COUNTRY OR BE OLDER AT THE
TIME OF ENTRY.

Just for 1 year, good luck to all the participants here :c.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

>PARTICIPANTS MUST HAVE
TIME OF ENTRY.

:< Oh, geez.... I'm so sorry to hear that, I hope it returns next year fro you to participate in!

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord

>PARTICIPANTS MUST HAVE
TIME OF ENTRY.

Dang, that sucks :(

louie g

Smash Journeyman
I'd be all for a "super-size" stage that's actually cool. Great Cave Offensive and Palutena's Temple are probably the worst stages in Smash U.
Yeah, it's really too bad. The stages have some cool ideas, like being able to die anywhere in the cave stage, and the bridge that breaks on the palutena stage, but the platform designing doesn't really have any direction lol.

It just looks like a big ugly mishmash of things to jump on, mainly talking about great cave, at least with palutena's temple, there's a couple really cool spots to fight on

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Wind Waker was the first Zelda game that I've actually beaten in ages. That, and Phantom Hourglass.

BTW, here's the latest vote that I've made for the Smash Ballot.

Well, personally, I've beaten almost every Zelda game I own. I think the only one I never actually beat was Skyward Sword.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

It ends on 30th October.

Prizes:

GRAND PRIZE:

- Free Rayman game

2nd to 5th PLACE PRIZES:

- Free Rayman game
This sounds like fun. I'll consider doing this.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Hey guys! Did something for the limbness hero; and for any other character you can think of... I'm just wishing luck to everybody; since we're already finishing with the Ballot, I thought that would be cool a moment to equal everyone and wish the best; people really put themselves into their campaigns and was amazing! --Since the Omni fake leak, Rayman grew a lot bigger in fan polls and wish lists everywhere; Let's hope for the best. =)

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys! Did something for the limbness hero; and for any other character you can think of... I'm just wishing luck to everybody; since we're already finishing with the Ballot, I thought that would be cool a moment to equal everyone and wish the best; people really put themselves into their campaigns and was amazing! --Since the Omni fake leak, Rayman grew a lot bigger in fan polls and wish lists everywhere; Let's hope for the best. =)
That is really well made, I love that you included the hashtag quotes.

It's great when smash fans combine forces with their requested characters, wish it happened more :(

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I saw this on Twitter. Great work dude!

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Awesome job at this!

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
Here's hoping for the best for each of these fanbases!

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Thanks everyone! Glad you liked! =)

It's great when smash fans combine forces with their requested characters, wish it happened more :(
That's my proposal for this last few days!.. Election is nice, and everyone did what they could.. but, at least a compliment for the other unusual character or sharing a hashtag that will help, would be a nice way to end this Ballot! =)
But, that's just me.. a suggestion. Being very optimistic, there's always next opportunity to everyone.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Thanks everyone! Glad you liked! =)

That's my proposal for this last few days!.. Election is nice, and everyone did what they could.. but, at least a compliment for the other unusual character or sharing a hashtag that will help, would be a nice way to end this Ballot! =)
But, that's just me.. a suggestion. Being very optimistic, there's always next opportunity to everyone.
Amen to that brother, kudos to you!

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Hey guys, I had a thought. Since Rayman Adventures is a mobile game, do you think they'll port Rayman 1 for it as well? I mean, if they're going to expand the Rayman series via mobile games, they should do what SEGA did with Sonic 1,2 & CD and adapt the first game for all mobile players. What do you think?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Hey guys, I had a thought. Since Rayman Adventures is a mobile game, do you think they'll port Rayman 1 for it as well? I mean, if they're going to expand the Rayman series via mobile games, they should do what SEGA did with Sonic 1,2 & CD and adapt the first game for all mobile players. What do you think?
I could see that happening. Though Rayman 1 with touch screen controls sounds like a pain.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I could see that happening. Though Rayman 1 with touch screen controls sounds like a pain.
Yeah, that could be a problem. There would have to be some workarounds for certain abilities, like running. Still, it would be a nice challenge for Taxman to take on if he was approached with this project.

Top Bottom