• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Speaking of Generations, I was thinking, if Ubisoft doesn't announce a brand new Rayman game, what if they announce a special anniversary pack with the first 3 Rayman games in one disk? Kind of like Kirby's 20th Anniversary Dream Collection. What do you think?

O_O I would buy that in a heartbeat. Rayman 2 and 3 in HD!? YES! Me gusta! ^u^

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Speaking of Generations, I was thinking, if Ubisoft doesn't announce a brand new Rayman game, what if they announce a special anniversary pack with the first 3 Rayman games in one disk? Kind of like Kirby's 20th Anniversary Dream Collection. What do you think?
I would love to have it, specially if it has the first Rayman game, because I have been always wanting to play it, but I haven't found a way to do so. I have played R2 and the N64 and R3 for the gamecube, and a tiny bit of Origins.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I would love to have it, specially if it has the first Rayman game, because I have been always wanting to play it, but I haven't found a way to do so. I have played R2 and the N64 and R3 for the gamecube, and a tiny bit of Origins.
So you played the second game, which was called The Great Escape for the 64, yes? I played the one that was called Revelations (I think) on the PS2.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Didn't think anyone would be that thrilled about it already. Let's just hope they would make it for the Wii U along with the other consoles. In addition to said games, what bonus content would you like to see in it?

AndreaAC

So you played the second game, which was called The Great Escape for the 64, yes? I played the one that was called Revelations (I think) on the PS2.
xD You are getting confused...it's Revolution,....not Revelations like in Assassin's Creed....
Didn't think anyone would be that thrilled about it already. Let's just hope they would make it for the Wii U along with the other consoles. In addition to said games, what bonus content would you like to see in it?
hm...I have never thought of that...what would you like to see in it?

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Umm, not too sure really, maybe some extra levels and stuff? Would you think they would make extra story plots to the game, like the DLC pack for Batman Arkham City for more story after the main game? Maybe something with Andrew or even Razorbeard could do after the story to have Rayman go up against?

xD You are getting confused...it's Revolution,....not Revelations like in Assassin's Creed....

hm...I have never thought of that...what would you like to see in it?
Oh, I thought it was Revolution, I couldn't remember...

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Umm, not too sure really, maybe some extra levels and stuff? Would you think they would make extra story plots to the game, like the DLC pack for Batman Arkham City for more story after the main game? Maybe something with Andrew or even Razorbeard could do after the story to have Rayman go up against?
His name is Andre...not Andrew....and if you say that, then I want to be able to at least play as Ly...

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Oops, sorry. That was a mistake typing. And yeah, I was thinking the same, actually...I'd like to see her playable...in both 2 and 3 games...
As long as she has the R2 design in R3...because...have you seen the concept art of her design for R3? It is really bad...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
As long as she has the R2 design in R3...because...have you seen the concept art of her design for R3? It is really bad...
Refresh my memory, cause all I can remember is 2's design for some reason...actually, I think I do remember my reaction to how she looked in R3, as something was off I think....

AndreaAC

Refresh my memory, cause all I can remember is 2's design for some reason...actually, I think I do remember my reaction to how she looked in R3, as something was off I think....
UglyLy.jpg

Something....? more like EVERYTHING is off...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
View attachment 38438
Something....? more like EVERYTHING is off...
O_o Woah. I never seen that before. ._. The only time I saw something that looked like that was this;

This is how she looked in the Japanese version of Great Escape/Revolution. That was done because certain traditions in Japan (ex. Rayman's body being purple) meant something more bad then good. So stuff like that was changed for their version. But what you showed looks like they was going to make that her new design... .__. Which I'm GLAD they didn't do that....What I saw was just her statue in R3, not that design....

Last edited:

AndreaAC

O_o Woah. I never seen that before. ._. The only time I saw something that looked like that was this;

This is how she looked in the Japanese version of Great Escape/Revolution. That was done because certain traditions in Japan (ex. Rayman's body being purple) meant something more bad then good. So stuff like that was changed for their version. But what you showed looks like they was going to make that her new design... .__. Which I'm GLAD they didn't do that....What I saw was just her statue in R3, not that design....
I have seen it before:
Lyjapan1.jpg

but also, in a page where many other concepts of R3 are found:
01_01_games_10.jpg

This was the model they probably wanted to use...but that face is the only thing that ruins it for me...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I have seen it before:
View attachment 38439
but also, in a page where many other concepts of R3 are found:
View attachment 38440
This was the model they probably wanted to use...but that face is the only thing that ruins it for me...
Yeah. >_> I think I do remember seeing that much earlier then now, and that model...ugh...really, her face was just fine in 2, it was so nice and ful of expression for what it was at the time. But they made her eyes more proportioned, and it looks bad because of that...even the Japanese design looks better than that...

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If a Rayman doesn't come to Nintendo consoles that's money Ubisoft is throwing down the drain. It's a fact that the Wii U version of Legends was the best selling, and if I'm not mistaken the Wii version of Origins was the best selling version of that game as well.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Yeah. >_> I think I do remember seeing that much earlier then now, and that model...ugh...really, her face was just fine in 2, it was so nice and ful of expression for what it was at the time. But they made her eyes more proportioned, and it looks bad because of that...even the Japanese design looks better than that...
Well, at least the statue in the Longest Shortcut looks normal...

AndreaAC

Yeah...At least WAY better then that concept art.... .__. But still, something seems lost from R2 in comparison to me...
I can't seem to find what's missing....but the thing is, it makes me sad every time I see that statue.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I can't seem to find what's missing....but the thing is, it makes me sad every time I see that statue.
Maybe because of the lighting and the atmosphere R2 had that made her appear differently to me is what I'm referring to...but yeah, I felt a bit bummed when I saw both Ly and Razorbeard as just statues and not apart of the plot in some way. Razorbeard I can understand, but Ly? Why not? She was awesome in R2...

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Maybe because of the lighting and the atmosphere R2 had that made her appear differently to me is what I'm referring to...but yeah, I felt a bit bummed when I saw both Ly and Razorbeard as just statues and not apart of the plot in some way. Razorbeard I can understand, but Ly? Why not? She was awesome in R2...
Oh...yeah...the one in the Hoodlums HQ... xD that one scared me when I saw it on a screenshot years before I got the game! I thought he was going to be a boss again...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Oh...yeah...the one in the Hoodlums HQ... xD that one scared me when I saw it on a screenshot years before I got the game! I thought he was going to be a boss again...
.u. I can't remember if I had something to tell me about that location before or was it for Ly's location, I think I found Razorbeard on my own as I'm observant when it comes to games back then. Ly's was too obscure for me to have noticed without the internet or something. xD But where I got to him, I jumped in shock. xD I didn't expect to see him there with the Hunchmen robots too. :3 And just recently, I just found out that they were all in the pose of The Last Supper, which I never noticed as a child, despite having that same picture of the Supper in my dining room. xD

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro

AndreaAC

News Flash! After many months since it's initial teaser announcement at E3, Ubisoft has finally revealed it's mystery Wii U game that's oriented for the family friendly players. It's called Know Your Friends. It's a social party game with local and online multiplayer, and it's safe to say that part of me has just died.

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/246957-ubisoft-s-unreleased-wii-u-title-revealed-named-know-your-friends
Really?...they couldn't come up with something better...? well, that's sad...

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

News Flash! After many months since it's initial teaser announcement at E3, Ubisoft has finally revealed it's mystery Wii U game that's oriented for the family friendly players. It's called Know Your Friends. It's a social party game with local and online multiplayer, and it's safe to say that part of me has just died.

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/246957-ubisoft-s-unreleased-wii-u-title-revealed-named-know-your-friends
Yves Guillemot CEO of Ubisoft said:
We have another couple of products that we are waiting for launch. Specifically, we have one game that we are waiting until the Wii U has a certain market size before we launch.
Pretty sure that's not the only game coming out for Wii U from Ubisoft...

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

...I don't even know what I just watched....
Let's hope it isn't.
^This. I don't even know what Ubi is doing anymore....

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Kirby's Dream Collection had challenge levels based on Return to Dream Land, so challenge levels based on Origins and Legends would be really cool, I would also like to see an art gallery and a documentary.
what.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Kirby's Dream Collection had challenge levels based on Return to Dream Land, so challenge levels based on Origins and Legends would be really cool, I would also like to see an art gallery and a documentary.

what.
An art gallery with all the Rayman characters from the previous games before Origins would be nice to see. Maybe some of them in styles re-imagined with the newer design for characters like Ly or Razorbeard.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
An art gallery with all the Rayman characters from the previous games before Origins would be nice to see. Maybe some of them in styles re-imagined with the newer design for characters like Ly or Razorbeard.
I would really love that, I always wanted to see Ly, Razorbeard, and pretty much every Rayman 2 character in the Origins/Legends style.

AndreaAC

hm...
408957_219329241481986_76795811_n1.jpg

Another old drawing....I know it's not Valentines Day yet....but...meh...

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
You know, that's pretty much what I would have in mind. The main menu would be an interactive hub ala Rayman Legends' Gallery of Legends. We have the three main games available from the gallery to play from, slightly updated in terms of resolution. In addition to that, we would have special challenge levels based on the existing worlds from Origins and Legends, somewhat like psuedo-DLC to said games. Beating them will allow you to unlock additional content, like playable characters exclusive to this that you can use in the main hub and challenges, concept art, and a making of video. There would also be an in-game achievement system that unlock rewards as well. I'm also thinking of them adding more stuff like brand new music levels and amiibo compatibility to unlock some special characters such as Ray Plumber or Nintendo based challenge levels.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
hm...
View attachment 38490

Another old drawing....I know it's not Valentines Day yet....but...meh...
:3 That's the Ly I know and love. I know I saw this before, but really love how you drew her. It's how she should look ingame for Rayman 3. :3

You know, that's pretty much what I would have in mind. The main menu would be an interactive hub ala Rayman Legends' Gallery of Legends. We have the three main games available from the gallery to play from, slightly updated in terms of resolution. In addition to that, we would have special challenge levels based on the existing worlds from Origins and Legends, somewhat like psuedo-DLC to said games. Beating them will allow you to unlock additional content, like playable characters exclusive to this that you can use in the main hub and challenges, concept art, and a making of video. There would also be an in-game achievement system that unlock rewards as well. I'm also thinking of them adding more stuff like brand new music levels and amiibo compatibility to unlock some special characters such as Ray Plumber or Nintendo based challenge levels.
I really like this idea.

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Late post.:awesome:

So this mega hype Wii U title that Ubisoft was holding back is a lame party game, hmm?

I'd be lying if I said I'm not super disappointed, but Ubisoft is not the only company ruining their reputation.

Nintendo needs to buy Rayman. The Limbless Wonder must be saved from a crappy company like Ubisoft.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

So this mega hype Wii U title that Ubisoft was holding back is a lame party game, hmm?

I'd be lying if I said I'm not super disappointed, but Ubisoft is not the only company ruining their reputation.

Nintendo needs to buy Rayman. The Limbless Wonder must be saved from a crappy company like Ubisoft.
Conker being in Project: SPARK is the dumbest thing from last years E3 and there were a lot of dumb things... Like watching 2 games have 3 different freaking trailers.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Conker being in Project: SPARK is the dumbest thing from last years E3 and there were a lot of dumb things... Like watching 2 games have 3 different freaking trailers.
Sony's Press Conference in a nutshell was just rereleases with Little Big Planet 3 sprinkled on top. It's like the only company that had a good pre-E3 event was Nintendo (of course).

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Wow...That's a shame...That's a horrible tease...just to bring back a character for screen time in another game....

And Nintendo or not, as long as games like Megaman, Rayman, and Sonic really gets the love it really needs, I don't care who owns them at this point...

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Wow...That's a shame...That's a horrible tease...just to bring back a character for screen time in another game....

And Nintendo or not, as long as games like Megaman, Rayman, and Sonic really gets the love it really needs, I don't care who owns them at this point...
@ ThePenguinGamer0 ThePenguinGamer0
Nintendo + E3 = Epic win by Default :awesome:

@ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS

I know, right? That's why I'm never supportive of Microsoft's consoles.

You're right. No matter who owns them or not, they really need better care and attention than they should. Now with SEGA and their handling with Sonic, I don't know what to think of them anymore since everything they do is basically ends up being one step forward and two steps back. I feel that what Sonic needs is a vacation from all of this. I really think that handing him over to Nintendo wouldn't be such a bad idea. Rayman, I concerned of most of all. Who knows whenever his next game will take him?

Speaking of which, you all remember that Mr. Ancel, Rayman's father, opened his own game studio called Sheep Studio? He said he's still working with Ubisoft, so that means his studio can work on new Rayman games themselves, with Ubisoft publishing them, of course. So there might be some hope that Rayman will be in better hands, namely the ones that created him. ;)

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

@ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS

I know, right? That's why I'm never supportive of Microsoft's consoles.

You're right. No matter who owns them or not, they really need better care and attention than they should. Now with SEGA and their handling with Sonic, I don't know what to think of them anymore since everything they do is basically ends up being one step forward and two steps back. I feel that what Sonic needs is a vacation from all of this. I really think that handing him over to Nintendo wouldn't be such a bad idea. Rayman, I concerned of most of all. Who knows whenever his next game will take him?

Speaking of which, you all remember that Mr. Ancel, Rayman's father, opened his own game studio called Sheep Studio? He said he's still working with Ubisoft, so that means his studio can work on new Rayman games themselves, with Ubisoft publishing them, of course. So there might be some hope that Rayman will be in better hands, namely the ones that created him. ;)
:D That's great! I was just thinking that Rayman should have its own thing, something like Sonic Team, just so they can focus only on Rayman stuff by themselves. :) Nice idea!

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
I never knew Mr. Ancel opened his own studio.:ohwell:

I have higher hopes for Rayman now!:estatic:

Not all the time, unfortunately.

Octagon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefly62813
3DS FC
4768-7531-8428
Rayman 3 was the first video game I ever played. If Rayman was put into smash, that's it, the world is complete. All the fighting and sadness would just end because everyone would know that everything would be alright, when they found out that they could smash with Rayman. Pray for the future. #Smashw/Rayman

Top Bottom