• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Personally speaking, Rayman is my favorite character and it would be the greatest thing ever. But I certainly think he has his merits, as Ubisofts mascot and having an amazing franchise, along with his potential and the fact that he fits perfectly.
So, would you say that he's worthy of standing amongst the likes of icons such as Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man?

Personally, when it comes to third party characters, I believe (and I think Sakurai does as well) that only truly legendary characters in the history of gaming warrant inclusion. Smash is a collection of Nintendo's biggest all-stars; I think it follows that, if a character is not from Nintendo, they'd have to be an all-star of gaming itself to warrant their inclusion. Do you think Rayman fits that sort of criteria?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Say, if Rayman does become playable in Smash 4, would you guys like to see this as a music track for his stage in the game?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
@ Rayman4Smash Rayman4Smash
If that's you, why on earth do you keep ending the fights when you die?

So, would you say that he's worthy of standing amongst the likes of icons such as Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man?

Personally, when it comes to third party characters, I believe (and I think Sakurai does as well) that only truly legendary characters in the history of gaming warrant inclusion. Smash is a collection of Nintendo's biggest all-stars; I think it follows that, if a character is not from Nintendo, they'd have to be an all-star of gaming itself to warrant their inclusion. Do you think Rayman fits that sort of criteria?
Rayman has been around for 20 years, he's spawned many games, his franchise is still going, and he's the mascot of a company larger than Capcom and Namco. While I don't think any third party deserves to be in, I do think he's worthy of the spot.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux

Well, between his potential as a fighter and his credentials as a gaming icon... I think he'd be a nice addition to the roster.

You can count me as a supporter. ;)

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
@ Rayman4Smash Rayman4Smash
If that's you, why on earth do you keep ending the fights when you die?
Yes, that was me. I told you, I'm an amateur at this. I hardly have a chance at winning against 2 players, let alone one on one. And to be frank, I was getting sick of losing all the time, especially when I keep falling off the stage and when you guys always gang up on me. :/ So I decided to call it quits for now. Sorry guys.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Again. I'll say it.

Snake and Rayman are the only third parties I support.

And well, Phoenix Wright, but that's a pipe dream.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Um...I don't post here often...but I wanted to show an expression chart I made for Rayman a while ago...
RAYRAY EXP - Copy2 (2).png

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Hello. I don't really say much here...I just recently found this place thanks to a friend of mine, @ AndreaAC AndreaAC . And seeing you can post Rayman art here, and since I love Rayman, I would like to contribute stuff for the thread...So here's some things I drew of Rayman.

[collapse="Spoilered for size"]

[/collapse]

I hope you like them. And may Rayman get into Smash Brothers someday...

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Um...I don't post here often...but I wanted to show an expression chart I made for Rayman a while ago...
View attachment 38323
Hello. I don't really say much here...I just recently found this place thanks to a friend of mine, @ AndreaAC AndreaAC . And seeing you can post Rayman art here, and since I love Rayman, I would like to contribute stuff for the thread...So here's some things I drew of Rayman.

[collapse="Spoilered for size"]

[/collapse]

I hope you like them. And may Rayman get into Smash Brothers someday...
Hai, guys. :3

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
What did we do to attract the Ridley group, did someone make a size joke?

I jest, I jest. Welcome to the thread! Glad to see other Ridley supporters who enjoy Rayman as well. Great art too!

I hope you'll stick around, the more the merrier! I've missed the Ridley fans, haven't seen many of them since... you know.

[collapse=]I've seen that there's a Ridley group, but it's members only... I guess just being a common supporter wasn't enough to get in.[/collapse]

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Hai, guys. :3
.u. Hello!

I jest, I jest. Welcome to the thread! Glad to see other Ridley supporters who enjoy Rayman as well. Great art too!

I hope you'll stick around, the more the merrier! I've missed the Ridley fans, haven't seen many of them since... you know.

[collapse=]I've seen that there's a Ridley group, but it's members only... I guess just being a common supporter wasn't enough to get in.[/collapse]
xD haha! I have posted here before, just that I didn't got too much to say, but Rayman is the Hero of my childhood! And thank you! glad you like it! I got a few more Rayman stuff, I will show it later!
Oh, do you want me to ask the mods of the group to add you?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
xD haha! I have posted here before, just that I didn't got too much to say, but Rayman is the Hero of my childhood! And thank you! glad you like it! I got a few more Rayman stuff, I will show it later!
Oh, do you want me to ask the mods of the group to add you?
Well glad to have you back! Everyone is welcome in the Glade of Dreams, and artwork is always a plus!

[collapse=]I probably wouldn't frequent it much, but Ridley was one of my most wanted characters, so I do miss discussion.[/collapse]

AndreaAC

Well glad to have you back! Everyone is welcome in the Glade of Dreams, and artwork is always a plus!

[collapse=]I probably wouldn't frequent it much, but Ridley was one of my most wanted characters, so I do miss discussion.[/collapse]
:3 Thank you! hehe, I will try to post as much art as I can! >u> I do that with Ridley most of the time...
:) OK! I will see what I can do!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
:3 Thank you! hehe, I will try to post as much art as I can! >u> I do that with Ridley most of the time...
:) OK! I will see what I can do!
I barely draw anymore, not even Rayman... Last thing I drew was the picture above and Rosalina.
Always good to see other people drawing, it really motivates me to do so as well.

[collapse=]Thanks![/collapse]

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Excuse my double post.

Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate that. :3 Although I never say anything here (mainly because I was busy elsewhere), after finding this place (thanks Andrea) I want to show my support for one of my most favorite childhood characters! I played most the Rayman games in the past (Rayman 1, 2, 3, and Origins) and loved all of them, even though my favorites are 2 and 3.

So anyways, I'll try to bring any Rayman art I make and show you all them in support for you guys and for my Rayman! ^u^ I hope you like what I can offer for you all.

Aww. I'm sorry to hear you missed us, but I'm glad to know you want to be apart of the group. :3 I hope to see you there sometime, and I hope you have fun with us! ^u^

And here's something else I did before too.

Rayman Power Up Alts Preview.png

I hope you all like it. I'll try to make more soon. :)

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Speaking of Generations, I was thinking, if Ubisoft doesn't announce a brand new Rayman game, what if they announce a special anniversary pack with the first 3 Rayman games in one disk? Kind of like Kirby's 20th Anniversary Dream Collection. What do you think?

Top Bottom