• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
The reason why I wouldn't want Shovel Kight or Shantae or any other small and obscure third party is because it's open to floodgates even if it is just DLC. People would go and point to them and be like well what about this character, I don't want that to happen for an official game. It's fine when it's a fan made project because there's no rules when it come to mods but an official game, just no. Besides third parties don't always need to be advertised just because they have "good relationships" with Nintendo.

This is the reason why most people want Bayonetta, Shantae, Shovel Knight Professor Layton, instead of other classic third parties people been wanting since Melee. Its to advertise to get them more recognizable. This is exactly the reason as to why I wouldn't want them in. Third parties should already be iconic and recognizable in their own right and shouldn't have to depend on Smash to get their name out there. I don't see third parties as walking billboards, they should have their name to be well known before Smash.

Last edited:

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
If Shovel Knight does become DLC I still hope Rayman and Shantae will also join the battle as well.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I thought that Rayman's birthday was 1st September, but it seems that is today:

Happy Birthday Rayman, one of my favourite heroes of games!
The first game came out on Sep 1. But I guess it was something else that made his existance happen sooner or something,

Either way, Happy Birthday to you Rayman. :)

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
What "upsets" me is how they "teased" in their twitter account on the E3 :(, and this tweet:

But I'll wait to see those talks with the devs, it sounds interesting and I think it will be nice to see.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
What "upsets" me is how they "teased" in their twitter account on the E3 :(, and this tweet:

But I'll wait to see those talks with the devs, it sounds interesting and I think it will be nice to see.
Sadly it might just have been Adventures or some other PR stuff...but, hope for the best!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
BirthdayRay2.png

Just a little something right now, I'll make something better later when I have time. Happy 20th Birthday Rayman!

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
birthday.jpg

Shay: "Happy 20th Birthday, lil' fella!"

Rayman: "I...I wasn't expecting this! Thank you so much, Master!"

=3= a doodle to the Hero of my Childhood. :3 Early, but meh. I don't care.

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I thought that Rayman's birthday was 1st September, but it seems that is today:

Happy Birthday Rayman, one of my favourite heroes of games!
As underwhelming as things turned out for this year, it's nice to at least know that Ubisoft still acknowledges this being Rayman's 20th anniversary.

I think that's what most of us where upset about in the first place since we had our hopes up high. Oh well.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So Shovel Knight has an amiibo? While this doesn't confirm him, this doesn't disconfirm him either. We're just gonna have to wait for that megaton announcement at 8 pm.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
In 4 hours, Rayman's fate will be decided.
Anybody who thinks we're getting three third parties as DLC is crazy.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
If Shovel Knight gets in, he will not influence in Rayman's chances. Also if SK has his own amiibo (not from Smash series) I hope that Ubisoft encourages and makes one of Rayman.

I thought that the megaton was the amiibo, if it isn't I'll look after the event at 8pm.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
In 4 hours, Rayman's fate will be decided.
Anybody who thinks we're getting three third parties as DLC is crazy.
"Anyone who thinks we're getting a third party DLC character is crazy"
"Ok, but anyone who thinks we're getting 2 third party characters as DLC is insane!"
"OK, but THREE is completely unreasonable!"

Baseless claims are baseless. :p

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
"Anyone who thinks we're getting a third party DLC character is crazy"
"Ok, but anyone who thinks we're getting 2 third party characters as DLC is insane!"
"OK, but THREE is completely unreasonable!"

Baseless claims are baseless. :p
You see?
This is why you should never listen to what I say. I'm just dumb. End of story.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
You see?
This is why you should never listen to what I say. I'm just dumb. End of story.
Please, don't get upset from something like that, although I felt it was a bit rude, he does have a point where we shouldn't jump to conclusions, just relax.

And guys, stop making rude comments to others like that, that doesn't make you right. :glare:

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Rayman or not, I still want to know what's gonna be announced at 8 tonight. And this time, I won't go flipping my lid like I did in the past.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Ok, this place is feeling like the Ridley thread after the Extravaganza, really, is everyone going to feel sad for hours. days, weeks, months, years...? JUST BECAUSE OF A VIDEOGAME? I'm serious, why? it is NOTHING more than that, it should not affect anyone like this, and honestly, the directors/developers will do whatever they want, and they can't please everyone with EVERYTHING. Just deal with it and keep moving forward instead of lamenting "what could have been" in something that isn't even real life, where you can't turn back, unlike videogames, where they can implement something whenever they want.

I just hope that in the actual day of Rayman's 20th Anniversary you remember the good moments you had with each one of his games instead of worring about him not being in a spinoff game, no matter how popular it is.

Top Bottom