• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Sooooooooo, my goodness, I'm horribly sorry.

My Notices thing is completely useless and it never told me you guys were still posting X/

I still have hope that inside there they'll reveal something much bigger. Come on, Ubisoft!
xD It's no big deal, glad to see you again though. But yeah, hope Ubisoft has something bigger instore! :3

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Sooooooooo, my goodness, I'm horribly sorry.

My Notices thing is completely useless and it never told me you guys were still posting X/

I still have hope that inside there they'll reveal something much bigger. Come on, Ubisoft!
xD Well, you only have to have faith! I mean, the "actual" surprise could come after the interview.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Please let there be a Direct on 9/1, please let there be a Direct on 9/1, please let there be a Direct on 9/1.
I'm just saying, something is seriously wrong if Shovel Knight gets in over Rayman AND Snake.
A VETERAN.
Let that sink in.
If Shovel Knight seriously get in over Rayman and Snake I'm going to be pissed. No one even knows about Shovel Knight in Japan, someone translated in Japanese to English once on SourceGaming and one of the translated sentences were what is even a shovel knight.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
If Shovel Knight seriously get in over Rayman and Snake I'm going to be pissed. No one even knows about Shovel Knight in Japan, someone translated in Japanese to English once on SourceGaming and one of the translated sentences were what is even a shovel knight.
I really have nothing against Shovel Knight, but I honestly agree, him getting in over Rayman or Snake just seems...... wrong. They've been around for much longer than him, and it'd just fit more.

I mean, congrats to those who wanted him in if this is true, but if he's gonna be the only 3rd party DLC character, I honestly have mixed feelings on this.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I really have nothing against Shovel Knight, but I honestly agree, him getting in over Rayman or Snake just seems...... wrong. They've been around for much longer than him, and it'd just fit more.

I mean, congrats to those who wanted him in if this is true, but if he's gonna be the only 3rd party DLC character, I honestly have mixed feelings on this.
Shovel Knight BETTER not be the only 3rd party in this.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Let's keep in mind that the Ballot hasn't even ended yet.

Rayman is more of an E3 or Game Awards type of character announcement anyway.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Let's keep in mind that the Ballot hasn't even ended yet.

Rayman is more of an E3 or Game Awards type of character announcement anyway.
So far E3 and Gamescom have already passed, and still no sign of him. Are there any other major gaming conventions that have yet to happen?

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So far E3 and Gamescom have already passed, and still no sign of him. Are there any other major gaming conventions that have yet to happen?
Paris Games Week, maybe? I've heard there will be announcements there but I don't know if Ubisoft will actually do anything.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Well, the matter of the fact is that all of this so far is just speculation, so we should just be wary and keep our hopes up for Rayman.

AndreaAC

Well, the matter of the fact is that all of this so far is just speculation, so we should just be wary and keep our hopes up for Rayman.
Well, don't hope too much, just wait, without thinking anything could happen, just in case it doesn't happen.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Pretty much. It's just a game in the end, but I hope for the best for you and the other fans.

Well, not hope too much, just wait, without thinking anything could happen, just in case it doesn't happen.
Indeed.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
There's something else to note:
Shovel Knight in Smash would open the floodgates for many other obscure third parties to make an appearance in future games.
Believe me, I do not want this to happen. Not only will it make Smash more bloated, but many casuals will think that each roster is for comical effect.
It will break my heart if Shovel Knight gets in before K. Rool & Rayman. In fact, Sakurai might just lose my respect for him if he decides to go this route.

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I understand how you feel, but come on, have some optimism.
I'm sorry, but after the recent events I'm starting to think that Ubisoft really doesn't have anything else regarding Rayman this year, though I hope to be proven wrong.

I still want Rayman in Smash Bros to happen, especially since we'll probably never get a Rayman 4 at this point.

If neither of these happen, then I'll be drowning my sorrows in plum juice all over again.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm sorry, but after the recent events I'm starting to think that Ubisoft really doesn't have anything else regarding Rayman this year, though I hope to be proven wrong.

I still want Rayman in Smash Bros to happen, especially since we'll probably never get a Rayman 4 at this point.

If neither of these happen, then I'll be drowning my sorrows in plum juice all over again.
Well, you can choose whatever you want to do with your life, It's something I will respect. But just don't let yourself get depressed so badly over a video game and such, it's just not something I wish anyone to go through in their life...

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord

It's completely understandable, but try not to give up so easily. We've had our tough times, but we just kept moving forward, and that's what we need to keep doing until the very end.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
It's completely understandable, but try not to give up so easily. We've had our tough times, but we just kept moving forward, and that's what we need to keep doing until the very end.
Correct. As long as you all have faith and just keep on going, everything will be ok.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
My reaction to Shovel Knight potentially making an appearance in Smash:

My hope for Rayman's inclusion in Smash is deteriorating.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord

*sigh* Come on, keep it together already, guys! As we already know, this is just a rumor. We can't just come to conclusions so quickly. I thought we learned that after what happened in Februrary.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
*sigh* Come on, keep it together already, guys! As we already know, this is just a rumor. We can't just come to conclusions so quickly.
Thank you. Please, the last thing I want this thread to turn into is like how the Ridley fan base ended up over a VIDEO GAME. Pleas,e calm down and don't worry about this right now. If it's true, it is what it is, but DON'T get mad over something so meaningless. :/

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
*sigh* Come on, keep it together already, guys! As we already know, this is just a rumor. We can't just come to conclusions so quickly. I thought we learned that after what happened in Februrary.
I know, I know. Sorry.
It's just that..... everything that I want to be real (ArtsyOmni leak) ends up being fake and everything that I don't want to be real (ESRB leak) ends up being real.
It's so frustrating to be a Rayman fan, as we're still in the cold as to why there's three trophies.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I know, I know. Sorry.
It's just that..... everything that I want to be real (ArtsyOmni leak) ends up being fake and everything that I don't want to be real (ESRB leak) ends up being real.
It's so frustrating to be a Rayman fan, as we're still in the cold as to why there's three trophies.
Again, I know how you feel. I'm sure all of us here have gone through the same thing, but all we can do for now is just stay optimistic and keep hoping for Rayman. Acting like this is not gonna do any good.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Alright, y'all need to get a grip at this point.

Rayman means as much to me as he does to the next guy, but this is a video game we're talking about. It shouldn't ruin your life if Rayman doesn't get in.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Alright, y'all need to get a grip at this point.

Rayman means as much to me as he does to the next guy, but this is a video game we're talking about. It shouldn't ruin your life if Rayman doesn't get in.
Agreed, I'd be very upset, sure, but I wouldn't go into a deep depression.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
And @ GaroMaster GaroMaster , I think I know how much this would feel for you since you went so far by actually campaigning for our behalf of getting Rayman in Smash. But just know this, no matter what happens, what you have done for us will not go out in vain. We all love you for all your hard work and that's something that will never be forgotten. Whatever happens, we are here together. We are friends til the end.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Thank you. Please, the last thing I want this thread to turn into is like how the Ridley fan base ended up over a VIDEO GAME. Pleas,e calm down and don't worry about this right now. If it's true, it is what it is, but DON'T get mad over something so meaningless. :/
I will never stop using that as an example, but at least they calmed down and I could go back doing my regular stuff with him, with a few minor annoying problems.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I will never stop using that as an example, but at least they calmed down and I could go back doing my regular stuff with him, with a few minor annoying problems.
Which is a godsend. I really am glad that that had come to pass for us both, and mostly for your sake too.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

That gif made me laugh xD, I know how you feel but don't be negative, I like Shovel Knight and his game is awesome, but I also think that other characters would be better before him.

As I said other times, I won't be angry if Rayman doesn't get in, he'll have a chance like every character voted on the ballot, and if he doesn't get in Smash 4, he'll have chance in the next Smash, and I'm happy because supporting Rayman I've met all of you guys, you're awesome and I liked to join this forum (it's the first forum where I register that isn't in my own idiom, and it was worth! :))

I'm in this until the end, even if Rayman's chances decrease dramatically with Shovel Knight's possible inclusion.
Tottally agreed with you pal, "I will keep on fighting till the end".

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
That gif made me laugh xD, I know how you feel but don't be negative, I like Shovel Knight and his game is awesome, but I also think that other characters would be better before him.

As I said other times, I won't be angry if Rayman doesn't get in, he'll have a chance like every character voted on the ballot, and if he doesn't get in Smash 4, he'll have chance in the next Smash, and I'm happy because supporting Rayman I've met all of you guys, you're awesome and I liked to join this forum (it's the first forum wehere I register that isn't in my own idiom, and it was worth! :))

Tottally agreed with you pal, "I'll keep on fighting till I die".
xD Exactly! That's just how I see it, nicely worded! ;3 As long as we just stick together, that's all that matters! ^u^

AndreaAC

xD Exactly! That's just how I see it, nicely worded! ;3 As long as we just stick together, that's all that matters! ^u^
xD I think what you said reminded me of this part of one of the sea shanties in Rogue:

"In the windy old weather, stormy old weather
When the wind blows we all pull together"

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD I think what you said reminded me of this part of one of the sea shanties in Rogue:
"In the windy old weather, stormy old weather
When the wind blows we all pull together"
xD Perfect! I love it, it should be our new motto! ;3

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I wouldn't even be mad if Shovel Knight got in, I thought his game was fun.

I can dig it.

I mean yeah I'd be upset if Rayman doesn't make it, what with him having three trophies and being my most wanted and all, but it's not like that'd be Shovel Knight's fault. At the end of the day, it's just a game anyway. I'd rather Shantae as an indie too, but eh.

Top Bottom