• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD You are right yet again! But it is to people to consider it like that or not, but I will always agree with that theory.
Well, unless Ubisoft makes it so, I don't see why we should consider RO/L the same place as R1-3... But then with that whole "100 years" thing, that's their reasoning, but I don't agree with it, imo.

And I won't as long as something like Ray's new personality being the way it is, and unless Ly comes back...

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
xD You are right yet again! But it is to people to consider it like that or not, but I will always agree with that theory.
Yeah, It's the theory I agree with the most, considering all the stuff that's different, like Rayman not being able to use his homing fists at all with the exception of a few levels, but only temporarily, and how characters like the Magician are almost completely different, him being of a different species altogether and a bad guy.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Well, unless Ubisoft makes it so, I don't see why we should consider RO/L the same place as R1-3... But then with that whole "100 years" thing, that's their reasoning, but I don't agree with it, imo.

And I won't as long as something like Ray's new personality being the way it is, and unless Ly comes back...
Neither do I, Rayman's drastic change of personality is the most jaring thing for me (second comes design), but eh, I will just not consider it, and keep working.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yeah, It's the theory I agree with the most, considering all the stuff that's different, like Rayman not being able to use his homing fists at all with the exception of a few levels, but only temporarily, and how characters like the Magician are almost completely different, him being of a different species altogether and a bad guy.
There are a lot of things of the newer series that essentially makes me think it's a "reboot" of Rayman. Granted I'm glad it's not filled with the accursed Rabbids anymore (although I'd like to beat them up still), it just changed too much for me to see it like my childhood Rayman anymore, and it is it's own thing now. This is why I would hope a "Rayman 4" would continue from the days of the R3 story and R2 as well, but I doubt it would ever happen now...

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
There are a lot of things of the newer series that essentially makes me think it's a "reboot" of Rayman. Granted I'm glad it's not filled with the accursed Rabbids anymore (although I'd like to beat them up still), it just changed too much for me to see it like my childhood Rayman anymore, and it is it's own thing now. This is why I would hope a "Rayman 4" would continue from the days of the R3 story and R2 as well, but I doubt it would ever happen now...
I definitely understand how you feel. Origins and Legends changed the series significantly to the point where some people might be turned off.

I personally love Origins and Legends, but it would be nice to see a Rayman 4, back in the style of the first 3 games.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Well, fans can dream. Or make it themselves.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I definitely understand how you feel. Origins and Legends changed the series significantly to the point where some people might be turned off.

I personally love Origins and Legends, but it would be nice to see a Rayman 4, back in the style of the first 3 games.
It's fine, I don't mind that you like the latest series, like what you like, no problem with that. But yeah, if they did bring back Rayman that I grew up on and expand upon it (like with the canceled R4 game to begin with), then I would be happy with that (especially if Ly came back)

Well, fans can dream. Or make it themselves.
I like how you think, as usual. I would do that myself when I get into 3D gaming someday for sure.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
"See you in Rayman 4!" - Murphy's last line in Rayman 3

I'm still waiting to this day. Hopefully it'll come soon.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Well we technically DID get Rayman 4, but...
We don't talk about it.
Real Rayman 4 when

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

It was that line which made me feel really disappointed when the Rabbids appeared the most...if Rayman 4 was a thing, then the Rabbids, I wouldn't even hate them like I do... But if there's one thing Origins and Legends did I liked, that it killed away the Rabbids from Rayman's world.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Well we technically DID get Rayman 4, but...
We don't talk about it.
Real Rayman 4 when
All Rayman games that don't follow the numerical order are really their own thing to be honest. We can only consider it Rayman 4 if it has 4 in the title.

It was that line which made me feel really disappointed when the Rabbids appeared the most...if Rayman 4 was a thing, then the Rabbids, I wouldn't even hate them like I do... But if there's one thing Origins and Legends did I liked, that it killed away the Rabbids from Rayman's world.
I personally didn't mind the Rabbids, but I can definitely see why some people didn't like them. Thankfully Ubisoft realised and took them away from the Rayman series.

AndreaAC

Well, that's one good thing about RL/RO. But even still, I like how Ubi wanted to make clear they were finally separated from Rayman, one of those times being in the Spin-off Academy Of Champions, where the "Ubisoft Team" were Rayman, Altair, Jade, the Prince and Sam Fisher, and the Rabbids were in a completely different team only composed by them.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
All Rayman games that don't follow the numerical order are really their own thing to be honest. We can only consider it Rayman 4 if it has 4 in the title.

I personally didn't mind the Rabbids, but I can definitely see why some people didn't like them. Thankfully Ubisoft realised and took them away from the Rayman series.
Thank you. People that said Sonic 06 is Adventure 3 just because it shared the formula is annoying to me, but that's how I see you as you said, series by number should by linked together like that.

And I like how neutral you are about the Rayman series as a whole. That's really great of you, imo.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Thank you. People that said Sonic 06 is Adventure 3 just because it shared the formula is annoying to me, but that's how I see you as you said, series by number should by linked together like that.

And I like how neutral you are about the Rayman series as a whole. That's really great of you, imo.
Thanks! I'm a really big fan of the series, and I try to stay that way.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Thanks! I'm a really big fan of the series, and I try to stay that way.
:3 No problem pal. As much as I have my opinion over the Rayman series as a whole, as long as everyone likes what they like, then that's all that matters. The fact you like it as a whole really is great of you, and I hope that stays for you too. :)

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
:3 No problem pal. As much as I have my opinion over the Rayman series as a whole, as long as everyone likes what they like, then that's all that matters. The fact you like it as a whole really is great of you, and I hope that stays for you too. :)
Yeah, I'm a naturally positive person when it comes to these types of things, and I always wanna keep things civil and just be friendly. I will always respect a person's opinion.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
How did you guys first learn of Rayman's existence as a character?
Personally, I first learned of Rayman on a demo disk for the Dreamcast, which contained a demo of Rayman 2. The demo featured the level where you have to place two spheres on the two pedestals to open a door.
Although my Dreamcast eventually broke down, I am now a proud owner of the swampy green N64 cartridge of Rayman 2.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Personally, I first learned of Rayman on a demo disk for the Dreamcast, which contained a demo of Rayman 2. The demo featured the level where you have to place two spheres on the two pedestals to open a door.
Although my Dreamcast eventually broke down, I am now a proud owner of the swampy green N64 cartridge of Rayman 2.
Well, that looks pretty cool, glad for you. :)

I had the originally Rayman 1 on PC back when it first came out. I don't really remember how I got it, whether my parents just thought it was something for me to play, or I pointed it out out of curiosity, but wither way, I'm so happy I found Rayman to love him to this day. :3

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I first heard of Rayman when I played Rayman 3. It was the game I got with my Gamecube alongside Super Mario Sunshine. That would be the beginning of what would become one of my favorite franchises ever.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
This was my introduction to Rayman.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Well, that looks pretty cool, glad for you. :)

I had the originally Rayman 1 on PC back when it first came out. I don't really remember how I got it, whether my parents just thought it was something for me to play, or I pointed it out out of curiosity, but wither way, I'm so happy I found Rayman to love him to this day. :3
Why thank you.
Speaking of which, doesn't the Rayman 2 cartridge look strikingly identical to this fanmade Yooka-Laylee cartridge?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
This was my introduction to Rayman.
Geezus, I forgot I saw that trailer years ago and that it was the first time I thought the Rabbids wasn't something that would be what I feel now because of there outcome. But if Rayman 4 had to be that instead of it's original version, I would have taken this over the mini game series..

Why thank you.
Speaking of which, doesn't the Rayman 2 cartridge look strikingly identical to this fanmade Yooka-Laylee cartridge?
Funny coincidence. :)

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Mine is pretty simple, my older brother installed an N64 emulator on my computer, and Rayman 2 was along other nintendo games, It really got me, and I just couldn't stop playing, and in the end, I was shocked and sad by the thought of Rayman dying after the final battle, later, I looked for Rayman 3 after seeing promotional art and screenshots, I spent like 3 years looking for it until one day the miracle happened.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Thanks, glad you liked it! :3

And nope, it's just a random doodle that just came to my head listening to Ryu's Smash Trailer. xD
If you want, you could give him a punching bag to fight against.

That reminds me, there was a power up in Origins/Legends that looked like a boxing glove.

Top Bottom