• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
.....How did I not discover this thread until now? Rayman's one of my favorite video game characters of all time, and one of my favorite franchises of all time.

My first game ever was Rayman 3 on the Gamecube.I fell in love with it instantly, and it's one of my favorite games ever. I eventually tried almost all the other games, and I like them all just as much.

I think Rayman could bring a lot of unique stuff to the table, and just seeing him in Smash Bros, one of my favorite franchises as well, would be amazing.

So count me in. I would love to be added to the supporters list.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
.....How did I not discover this thread until now? Rayman's one of my favorite video game characters of all time, and one of my favorite franchises of all time.

My first game ever was Rayman 3 on the Gamecube.I fell in love with it instantly, and it's one of my favorite games ever. I eventually tried almost all the other games, and I like them all just as much.

I think Rayman could bring a lot of unique stuff to the table, and just seeing him in Smash Bros, one of my favorite franchises as well, would be amazing.

Welcome to the Glade! :)

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Welcome to the Glade of Dreams.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383

Meet the new crazy!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So looks like the next smashified character is going to be Bomberman.

This is going to be true, at least in "Smashified" xD:

At first I thought you were joking

And then I saw this on the twitter page
Yup.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Honestly, R1 Rayman's hair looks more like chicken noodles than "hair".
Rayu.png

Rayu: "Oh yeah? Well I'll Shoryuken something for YOUR hair. It engulfed in flames..."

RayL: ... *gulp*

Something I thought of randomly a while ago, before that picture was posted btw, but I thought it related to my reaction to it anyways, so I thought why not.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
...I hope I didn't cause any spite towards anybodies preferences with the whole Rayman designs.... I was only joking...

Last edited:

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971

does this look familiar to you? it should! first one to tell me what it's from gets a thousand internet hugs.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
while yes that is indeed the thing it references something quite a bit older. something classic you could say.
Bunch of drawings in here.. nice. Keep up the good work.
we do try our best from time to time

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

does this look familiar to you? it should! first one to tell me what it's from gets a thousand internet hugs.
Well, I can't help but think Rayman 1, mainly because of the Eletoons, but I can't recall which screenshot does it come from...

EDIT: It looks like this.

Last edited:

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Well, I can't help but think Rayman 1, mainly because of the Eletoons, but I can't recall which screenshot does it come from...

EDIT: It looks like this.

correct-o! you get a thousand internet hugs. I am now going to sleep because hugging so much makes me tired.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I really like both designs, but I prefer the new one just a bit more because I prefer the hair and shoes, and also because I'm a nostalgia sucker for Rayman 3.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Well, if you think about it, judging how most people feel about R3 compared to either R2/RO/L, what @ T Tahu Mata said makes the most sense. And Andrea's drawing shows that as well.
Like I have said before, the Original 3 will always be one and the same while growing, but RL/RO is a completely different being, same for Globox, the Teensies and Polokus.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Like I have said before, the Original 3 will always be one and the same while growing, but RL/RO is a completely different being, same for Globox, the Teensies and Polokus.
This is how I feel as well, completely. Just my own preference is all. And because how much the original 3 means to meas a part of my childhood.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Agreed :4pacman:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I like to think of RO/RL as an alternate universe, considering how a lot of things are radically different from the past games.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I like to think of RO/RL as an alternate universe, considering how a lot of things are radically different from the past games.
I agree, personally it would make the most sense out of it since nothing from the past (other than some enemies from R1) make it feel like that. Plus, Betilla makes that feel like it's completely a whole different Rayman universe.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
xD You are right yet again! But it is to people to consider it like that or not, but I will always agree with that theory.

Top Bottom