• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SnarkyCrow

Smash Cadet
NNID
Snarkycrow
>u> No problem! also...is it wierd that when I listen to the Walking Shell's theme on the N64...I feel that it makes funny the fact that poor Ray...explodes...? .___.
Not really weird. When I was real young I used to laugh a lot at how the music abruptly stops and the stock explosion sfx just blares out as ray suddenly vanishes, lots of times it was also intentional. I was a pretty dumb kid :v

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Not really weird. When I was real young I used to laugh a lot at how the music abruptly stops and the stock explosion sfx just blares out as ray suddenly vanishes, lots of times it was also intentional. I was a pretty dumb kid :v
>u> we all were...I still love the music...but I don't die in purpose like before...I still laugh when that happens.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Whenever I think of the walking shells, I think of that one part where you have to ride one through a temple down a set path. It's kind of like playing a Sonic game where you die and have to start over if you even slightly tap the stick in the wrong direction.

The flying shell was actually pretty fun when I figured out the controls, and it was nowhere near as frustration as the running ones.

There was also the final boss, which had two different second portions depending on the version (PS1 had you avoiding a maze of bombs while knocking some back at him, which was the first version I played, though I far prefer the other version of the fight).

I wonder how the shells would translate into a 2D game...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Whenever I think of the walking shells, I think of that one part where you have to ride one through a temple down a set path. It's kind of like playing a Sonic game where you die and have to start over if you even slightly tap the stick in the wrong direction.

The flying shell was actually pretty fun when I figured out the controls, and it was nowhere near as frustration as the running ones.

There was also the final boss, which had two different second portions depending on the version (PS1 had you avoiding a maze of bombs while knocking some back at him, which was the first version I played, though I far prefer the other version of the fight).

I wonder how the shells would translate into a 2D game...
Well, if the Walking Shell, maybe like one of those auto runner speed section like games, kinda like the new Sonic game coming out on the phones. As for the Flying ones, I would think of those side scroll games where you shoot down enemies that apear in front of your path. Kinda like how you used Bzzit in the first game or in RO, just faster I guess...

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I was imagining something more like Tricky Treasure where you have to make precise movements, except you're flying.

Probably more vertical than horizontal as well.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I probably won't be on this thread tomorrow. I've been sick for the past two days, not going to classes.

Since I'm going back to my classes tomorrow, that means I'll have to catch up on quite a bit of work. So don't expect me to be on this thread tomorrow.
That said, I wish you guys a good night and may we meet again.
#KeepOnFighting

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I probably won't be on this thread tomorrow. I've been sick for the past two days, not going to classes.

Since I'm going back to my classes tomorrow, that means I'll have to catch up on quite a bit of work. So don't expect me to be on this thread tomorrow.
#KeepOnFighting
Aww... :( Sorry to hear that pal. Hope you get to feel better soon. Well, take care, see you later. :)

ender_idk

Smash Journeyman

#KeepOnFighting
Man, that sucks. :(

Get well soon, and good luck.

And good night, rest well tonight~ :)

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

#KeepOnFighting
:( Oh geez...I know how that feels like...well, good luck with catching up with school again! :D Hope to see you again!

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Hey, faithful Rayman fans. =J

I expect there are probably people in this thread who are still angry with me, and that's totally okay. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I just wanted to take the time to personally apologize for hurting anyone with my silly publicity stunt. It was wrong of me to not consider the feelings of the fans and trying to pass off the Rayman leak as a real thing for 24 hours. It was frankly very egotistical of me to use deceit just to prove that I'm capable of creating good looking art, and I recognize that it poisons my efforts to honor Rayman as a character through my art.

I don't expect people to forgive me or anything, but I just want you guys to know that I do take it seriously. It wasn't my intent to make people upset. If there's anything I can do to make it up to you guys, please let me know.

Also, I'm flattered that you guys are using my art for various things in the thread despite my best efforts to fool you all. I wanted to let you guys know that I uploaded a transparent version on my deviantart that you guys are free to use however you like, but I see that people have already done a stellar job removing the background from the original version. =P I've been wanting to make a version with less obnoxious eyebrows too, if there's any demand for it.

And also, sorry for causing this thread to get locked for a period of time. I've been a real douchebag to you guys. =(

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970

I expect there are probably people in this thread who are still angry with me, and that's totally okay. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I just wanted to take the time to personally apologize for hurting anyone with my silly publicity stunt. It was wrong of me to not consider the feelings of the fans and trying to pass off the Rayman leak as a real thing for 24 hours. It was frankly very egotistical of me to use deceit just to prove that I'm capable of creating good looking art, and I recognize that it poisons my efforts to honor Rayman as a character through my art.

I don't expect people to forgive me or anything, but I just want you guys to know that I do take it seriously. It wasn't my intent to make people upset. If there's anything I can do to make it up to you guys, please let me know.

Also, I'm flattered that you guys are using my art for various things in the thread despite my best efforts to fool you all. I wanted to let you guys know that I uploaded a transparent version on my deviantart that you guys are free to use however you like, but I see that people have already done a stellar job removing the background from the original version. =P I've been wanting to make a version with less obnoxious eyebrows too, if there's any demand for it.

And also, sorry for causing this thread to get locked for a period of time. I've been a real douchebag to you guys. =(
I feel like I should be mad at you, but more then anything I'm just bloody impressed. You made a more convincing leaks then the actual, legitimate leaks. Got my hopes up and crushed, but the exposure Rayman got may have netted him a slot anyways because of it, and that makes me happy. That, and making a mini "reaction video" to your leak became my fastest growing video and probably netted me several more subscribers, so I can't really complain :p

If anything, Rayman fans should be grateful to you, you gave us more exposure then we could ever ask for. I can't wait to see which character you are doing next (Which based on what you've hinted and said, I'm guessing is Shovel Knight?)

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
That, and making a mini "reaction video" to your leak became my fastest growing video and probably netted me several more subscribers, so I can't really complain :p?)
I'm really glad to hear that. =) I'll send you a PM to inquire about your youtube channel.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

You are a great man, there's no problem what so ever. :) Thank you a lot, you made a lot more good then anything, and we all are grateful for that. Thank you for your kindness and we appreciate your apology. :3

And thank you for your wonderful art of Rayman, thank you for that. :)

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Ah, I saw that you had visited the rumors thread after so long, but I'm glad that you've also visited us here as well!

While yes, we did have quite a few supporters who got a little... heavy winded with their metaphorical mouths and feelings, and even more detractors rubbing salt in our wounds, your efforts to fool people ultimately lead to much greater things. Since the leak, we've gained so many more supporters, from genuine fans to people who just wanted to help us out in our hard times, and your own amazing art has led us to inspiration. With all the buzz about the "leak," Rayman has even shot up as one of the more talked about possibilities for Smash, so even if he was only planned as a simple trophy, and not possibly DLC someday, Nintendo and/or Ubisoft may take note of the buzz around him and actually make an effort to put him in the game as a fighter proper.

You absolutely don't need to make up for anything, and I can see that you are quite the Rayman fan yourself (having the clever thought of using the pose from the original boxart of the first game, of all things), and your amazing picture is the best gift we've received in a long time. I officially welcome you to join the thread, and the support list, if you so wish.

And as you are taking requests, though I don't want to be greedy, would it be possible for you to replicate these palette swaps using your original image, so as to preserve any quality (and for general ease of usability)? It would be a great help!

[collapse=And on a personal note]Just a side request, if you ever find the time, seeing Solid Snake as he was in Brawl, but updated to the style of Smash 4 would be amazing (as would having a good, full quality render, but I digress). And perhaps even the Happy Mask Salesman.[/collapse]

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I want to buy a Rayman game.

I'm thinking of getting Legends, and I'm willing to buy a digital one if I can't find a hard copy.

Then I don't think I can find the Wii versions of Origins anywhere.

I kind of hope Origins comes out on the Wii U eshop.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

I'm thinking of getting Legends, and I'm willing to buy a digital one if I can't find a hard copy.

Then I don't think I can find the Wii versions of Origins anywhere.

I kind of hope Origins comes out on the Wii U eshop.
Good idea, I hope you enjoy it. :) And if you like to, maybe try the classic Trilogy if you can, I hope you end up liking those too.

Oh, and nice Sheena avi as well, I like it. :3

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

While I was a bit disappointed that the leak wasn't real I didn't let I bother me at all. I really like your art, and the whole thing lead to Rayman getting more exposure and support for Smash Bros., so I can't complain at all about what you did, in fact I thank you for it. I also can't wait to see more characters get Smashified.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
My own personal recommendations:

If you're feeling rather masochistic and enjoy Nintendo Hard games, the first Rayman will destroy your hopes and dreams. I played the PS1 version myself, but the Atari Jaguar version was the original, and has various small changes.

If you're more a fan of 3D platforming, either Rayman 2 or Rayman 3 will do it for you. Rayman 3 has more focus on combat, almost like a beat um up, but has short puzzle like segments with the powerups. Rayman 2 is the go-to if you like it less linear, but not collectathon level, the combat is very simple but the narrative, world, story building, etc are an absolute joy. As a side note, there are various differences between versions of Rayman 2, the PS1 version has a lot of missing content, but also has levels unique to itself, full dialogue (in multiple languages, as opposed to gibberish), a completely unique second phase to the final boss, and a bonus scrapped 2D level from the original concept for the game (unlocked by getting 90% or so completion). The N64 version is the standard version, but if you want the absolute definitive Rayman 2 experience, the Dreamcast one is the way to go. There's also Rayman Revolution for the PS2, which is another unique entity, but brings aspects of each version into one.

Also, you'd do better to just get Rayman Legends (Wii U version comes highly recommended) as it contains almost the entirety of Origins, remastered (with the updated visuals and gameplay elements of Legends) so you won't miss out on much.

There are also the various handheld iterations of Rayman, all unique in their own rights. I believe a few of them are on the 3DS E-Shop (I know the original GameBoy Rayman is), but don't make the mistake of getting the watered down Rayman 1 port.

Rayman Arena is also a wonderful spinoff title with both racing and battles, multiplayer, of course. PS2/GameCube.

And if you, for whatever reason, have the particular urge to become suicidal, there's the Rabbid games.

I hope this was of help, though tracking down these games is another story entirely..

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

On the contrary, you've attracted a LOT of attention and support for Rayman.

Thanks for creating the leak.. You've taught a lot of people that anything can be faked. You even gave us some hype that was supposed to have died down last November. So thank you... Again.

Any ideasideas on who you'll Smashify next?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Actually, there was also the Rayman 10th anniversary collection that had Rayman 2, 3, and Arena...

Wait.

I completely forgot that was a thing, surely there will be something for his 20th if they already did something for his 10th?

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

While I was initially very upset at you, you quickly gained my respect that same day. Anybody could make a leak like that and act like a total **** about it, but the fact you admitted to making the leak before it got way too massive and that you apologized multiple times for it, makes me see your a great person. The Rayman leak benefited us in a lot of ways, we got tons of new supporters and people are starting to think Rayman has a chance. Here's hoping with Ubisoft acknowledging the leak, they'll try to get Rayman playable. Thank you, ArtsyOmni, and welcome to the Glade!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
*sees Artsy Omni is here*
:drsad:
Well I'm not exactly sure what to say here since he crushed both me and my sisters dreams
Not sure wether to call him a genius or an asshole
But since I don't really wanna be rude
I guess I'll just say good job

Good job on making the leak.
You are a sneaky devil, Mr. Omni.
And I hate you because of it.
:4pacman:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well I'm not exactly sure what to say here since he crushed both me and my sisters dreams
Not sure wether to call him a genius or an *******

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Not sure wether to call him a genius or an *******

I have no qualms about just calling the guy an assface. A talented assface. But an assface all the same.

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman

God, I was also quite a bit angry when I saw the beginning of your video. But I would've never go as far as sending you death wishes or even minor insults. It's really great what you can do. If there's one thing I would wish, it would be a Smashyfied Banjo-Kazooie art. I still imagine how great it would be if Rareware still was with Nintendo :) And since its the most unrealistic but still great choice, why not make an art at least?

But BTT: I would LOVE you to overhaul your Rayman art with less prominent eyebrows. That's really the only thing that slightly bothers me. And concerning your apology: We should be rather thankful for your publicity stunt - after all, you made Rayman a big topic in Nintendo-related media & maaaybe because of it, somebody starts to think about his inclusion. Even if its pretty vague :chuckle: I'm hyper-curios about your next art, by the way!

Last edited:
Top Bottom