• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Hehe, I guess. But it's no problem friend. Anytime.
Hm...I just thought of something.....it is kinda funny that 3 of the characters I like their design the most...always are from a game that is the third...

Ridley's Omega form from Prime 3
Rayquaza from Pokemon Gen 3
Rayman from R3

wierd...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Hm...I just thought of something.....it is kinda funny that 3 of the characters I like their design the most...always are from a game that is the third...

Ridley's Omega form from Prime 3
Rayquaza from Pokemon Gen 3
Rayman from R3

wierd...
Hmm. Convenient, isn't it? >u> I think this applies to me as well with even more games too...

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
As I was watching the DYKG section on Rayman, I heard a very interesting line of dialogue:
"See you in Rayman 4!"
As strange as it may sound, that line reminded me of Earthbound. You see, there's a building in the game that Ness can enter. The building has people working on a project. And what was their project?
Earthbound II (Mother 3).
Even though the game eventually did release (only in Japan, though), the game went through development hell, which resulted in a different final product.
Rayman 4 is that type of game. We may have received a product that started out as Rayman 4, but we never received THE Rayman 4. Much like how we received the product that started out as Banjo Threeie, but it wasn't THE Banjo Threeie.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Much like how we received the product that started out as Banjo Threeie, but it wasn't THE Banjo Threeie.
Banjo... the only one that beats out Rayman for me. He's as good as dead now, so Rayman has taken his place.

I'll always wish we'd had gotten EarthBound 64, too...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
As I was watching the DYKG section on Rayman, I heard a very interesting line of dialogue:
"See you in Rayman 4!"
As strange as it may sound, that line reminded me of Earthbound. You see, there's a building in the game that Ness can enter. The building has people working on a project. And what was their project?
Even though the game eventually did release (only in Japan, though), the game went through development hell, which resulted in a different final product.
Rayman 4 is that type of game. We may have received a product that started out as Rayman 4, but we never received THE Rayman 4. Much like how we received the product that started out as Banjo Threeie, but it wasn't THE Banjo Threeie.
It was because they changed ideas around when Ubi went to Nintendo to publish the game on the Wii, but instead of what was going to be what it was, it was turned into the Rabbids series and the only game to be anything like a "Rayman 4" by concept, was Raving Rabbids on the Game Boy Advance...

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Legends and the first game are pretty close for my second favorite, but I love 3D platformers far more than 2D ones.

Which is why it's depressing that they had a prototype of a 3D game but apparently scrapped it...
I also remember hearing it was going to be based off the Rayman 4 prototypes with the Rabbids as zombies, I would of really loved to see that, considering that trailer was my first exposure to Rayman.

I just hope we get that 3D Rayman one day. We don't have enough 3D platformers.

AndreaAC

"See you in Rayman 4!"
Kinda sad that it never happened, and even if supposedly Origins takes place after R3, it will never be R4. I would love that R4 was a combination between 2 and 3.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It was because they changed ideas around when Ubi went to Nintendo to publish the game on the Wii, but instead of what was going to be what it was, it was turned into the Rabbids series and the only game to be anything like a "Rayman 4" by concept, was Raving Rabbids on the Game Boy Advance...
Raving Rabbids is the only game that I question Ancel on, but the Rabbids were his creation. According to him, the game was going to be a typical Rayman game until they got their hands on the Wii development kit. For anyone saying that Rayman isn't close to Nintendo, the Wii was the entire reason we lost a game and nearly lost Rayman himself too. Ancel why.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Kinda sad that it never happened, and even if supposedly Origins takes place after R3, it will never be R4. I would love that R4 was a combination between 2 and 3.
This. Exactly this.

Raving Rabbids is the only game that I question Ancel on, but the Rabbids were his creation. According to him, the game was going to be a typical Rayman game until they got their hands on the Wii development kit. For anyone saying that Rayman isn't close to Nintendo, the Wii was the entire reason we lost a game and nearly lost Rayman himself too. Ancel why.
Pretty much this. It's sad really, and it's all because they must have games with the damn gimmicky ass things that no one cared about... >.>

Plot twist:

Murfy actually meant to say this:

"See you in Smash 4!"
Even though Smash 4 is not a real name, only made by the fans...

Last edited:

AndreaAC

This. Exactly this.

Pretty much this. It's sad really, and it's all because they must have games with the damn gimmicky *** things that no noe cared about... >.>

Even though Smash 4 is not a real name, only made by the fans...
Exactly...

and yeah, I mean, the Rabbids game gimmicks like....the commercial says in one of them "You can play with your butt" using the Wii balance board...?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Exactly...

and yeah, I mean, the Rabbids game gimmicks like....the commercial says in one of them "You can play with your butt" using the Wii balance board...?
Man...I remember that... :/ It's really sad that it had to go in that direction when even the "zombie Rabbids" or the Rayman 1 design version of R4 could have been what we got instead...

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Hello Rayman Thread, how goes it?
I'm bored, as per usual.
Rysir got Freemium and now he's gonna kill everyone in the Smash 4 Social Thread (so that's nice)
Exactly...

I FOUND YOU
IT'S BEEN 3000 YEARS ;_;

AndreaAC

Hello Rayman Thread, how goes it?
I'm bored, as per usual.
Rysir got Freemium and now he's gonna kill everyone in the Smash 4 Social Thread (so that's nice)

I FOUND YOU
IT'S BEEN 3000 YEARS ;_;
Oh...! uh...Hello hello! .__. wow...that's a lot of years...

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Oh...! uh...Hello hello! .__. wow...that's a lot of years...
Do you remember me?
I'm the guy who was in the Ridley thread and did completely stupid stuff!
I made these thingimabobbers
AND ANOTHER THING.png
ZSR.png
Ridley.png
and kept bugging you about drawing Ridley in a stereotypical Mexican outfit!
inb4 you forgot me ;_;

Meanwhile, I'm talking about Ridley in the Rayman thread.
Something isn't right here. :U
Back on topic;
Plot twist:

Murfy actually meant to say this:

"See you in Smash 4!"
The fact that he confused "Smash" for "Rayman" is even more of a conspiracy.
IT'S LIKE UBISOFT DIDN'T CARE AFTER BRAWL
They never care enough anyway
They're too busy with their interactive TV show ****
Why Rabbids ;_;

AndreaAC

Do you remember me?
I'm the guy who was in the Ridley thread and did completely stupid stuff!
I made these thingimabobbers
and kept bugging you about drawing Ridley in a stereotypical Mexican outfit!
inb4 you forgot me ;_;

Meanwhile, I'm talking about Ridley in the Rayman thread.
Something isn't right here. :U
Back on topic;

The fact that he confused "Smash" for "Rayman" is even more of a conspiracy.
IT'S LIKE UBISOFT DIDN'T CARE AFTER BRAWL
They never care enough anyway
They're too busy with their interactive TV show ****
Why Rabbids ;_;
Oh, of course I remember you! D: But I didn't remembered the request...uh...if you have one...send me a PM or...something like that...maybe I could do it this time now that I draw digitally...I guess...I can't assure anything.

Back to Rayman...

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Welcome @ Bedoop Bedoop , hola. :3
Hey howzit goin'
I'm Jack Evan
And today I'm gonna tell you about the word "Octagon"
Nice to meet you! :b

Is the social thread coming back in here again? Was Rayman leaked for real this time? :troll:
Unless the entire Social Thread decided to stalk me after I abandoned it, I don't think that's gonna happen.
inb4 Rayman actually gets revealed Kappa

Oh, of course I remember you! D: But I didn't remembered the request...
Oh yes you did.
Memory Lane Trip;

You, I do not forget. :b:

Back to Rayman
Again

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I think I mentioned this earlier, but I would love to see the Gorilla Pirate as an Assist Trophy. Could be a slower, but more powerful Waluigi.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I think I mentioned this earlier, but I would love to see the Gorilla Pirate as an Assist Trophy. Could be a slower, but more powerful Waluigi.
Well..since we're on that topic then, what Rayman characters could you see being a AT?

Ly or Globox is ones I'd like to see....and Razorbeard....

AndreaAC

Hey howzit goin'
I'm Jack Evan
And today I'm gonna tell you about the word "Octagon"
Nice to meet you! :b

Unless the entire Social Thread decided to stalk me after I abandoned it, I don't think that's gonna happen.
inb4 Rayman actually gets revealed Kappa

Oh yes you did.
Memory Lane Trip;

You, I do not forget. :b:

Back to Rayman
Again
o_____o please...don't show that old drawing here....it is...way too old...and I don't use flipnote anymore...I use PS...

UH...
RAYRAY (5).jpg

BACK TO RAYMAN.... .___. yay

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
o_____o please...don't show that old drawing here....it is...way too old...and I don't use flipnote anymore...I use PS...

UH...
View attachment 40406

BACK TO RAYMAN.... .___. yay
But if we don't refrence the old stuff how can we see how much we've improved over the years?
Y'all gotta be optimistic!
THE HYPE HURTS.png

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Well. I guess that could work. Does he do that in Origins as well? Or was he not even in RO?...
He was in Origins
He just kinda did nothing though.
He just was like "'Gratz you got the next world unlocked now get out of my face"
Not actual quote

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
And well, doing some searching around...what about bosses? Although I'd prefer Brawl styled bosses to return, Reflux or Razorbeard as bosses would be pretty cool, imo...

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
And well, doing some searching around...what about bosses? Although I'd prefer Brawl styled bosses to return, Reflux or Razorbeard as bosses would be pretty cool, imo...
Characters that put up a fight > Pinatas w/ faces
simple logic is simple :b

I think Dark Ray would be a fun Smash 4-style boss
Just follows a random guy around mimicing their moves (But with his own attacks) hoping to god they stop and NOT turn around to punch him.
Simple :b

Top Bottom