• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Suddenly, two guys with Banjo avatars in a row.

You're breaking my heart, Banjo and Kazooie are the only characters I love more than Rayman...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I have no qualms about just calling the guy an assface. A talented assface. But an assface all the same.
God, I was also quite a bit angry when I saw the beginning of your video. But I would've never go as far as sending you death wishes or even minor insults. It's really great what you can do. If there's one thing I would wish, it would be a Smashyfied Banjo-Kazooie art. I still imagine how great it would be if Rareware still was with Nintendo :) And since its the most unrealistic but still great choice, why not make an art at least?

But BTT: I would LOVE you to overhaul your Rayman art with less prominent eyebrows. That's really the only thing that slightly bothers me. And concerning your apology: We should be rather thankful for your publicity stunt - after all, you made Rayman a big topic in Nintendo-related media & maaaybe because of it, somebody starts to think about his inclusion. Even if its pretty vague :chuckle: I'm hyper-curios about your next art, by the way!
*Looks at avis*

Don't mind me.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Off-topic from Rayman, but Banjo and Kazooie would be a perfect addition to Smash. The sad part is, if Microsoft didn't buy Rare they probably would of been in Brawl.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Off-topic from Rayman, but Banjo and Kazooie would be a perfect addition to Smash. The sad part is, if Microsoft didn't buy Rare they probably would of been in Brawl.
Technically speaking, Banjo and Kazooie are by far my number one most wanted characters in Smash, ever.

But now I keep them buried in a special R marked gravestone in the back of my mind.

...Because just the thought of them nearly brings me to tears.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Technically speaking, Banjo and Kazooie are by far my number one most wanted characters in Smash, ever.

But now I keep them buried in a special R marked gravestone in the back of my mind.

...Because just the thought of them nearly brings me to tears.
It is a shame what happened to them, and Rare in general.
Here's hoping that spiritual successor will be great.

With how close rare and nintendo were there is no doubt that if banjo threeie was made on a nintendo console we would have banjo. probably K rool (or dixie) too assuming they kept making DK games.
I still say the rare buyout was one of the worst moments in gaming history.

also my text now matches Rayman and ridley

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The Rare buyout is the second greatest atrocity of gaming, second only to the great crash that nearly killed it all off.

Sadly, no R.O.B. could save Rare...

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
The Rare buyout is the second greatest atrocity of gaming, second only to the great crash that nearly killed it all off.

Sadly, no R.O.B. could save Rare...
I don't agree at all, there is nothing wrong with the buyout in my opinion.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I just realized that all of the Rayman games I've played were all of the Rayman games released in Japan. Rayman 1, Rayman GBC, Rayman 2, Rayman Revolution, Rayman Origins, Rayman Legends and all of the Rabbids games with "Rayman" in the title. Those are all of the Rayman games that made it to Japan to my knowledge, and they're also the only ones I've ever played. I have yet to play a Rayman game that wasn't released in Japan, though I did play the N64 version of Rayman 2 while Japan only got the Dreamcast version.

I don't agree at all, there is nothing wrong with the buyout in my opinion.
Death of banjo kazooie, conker, the semi hibernation of dk (a few spinoffs i think) and rare itself went extinct.

all in all, the only people who benefited were the people in microsoft. The gaming community and nintendo lost a legend.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Death of banjo kazooie, conker, the semi hibernation of dk (a few spinoffs i think) and rare itself went extinct.

all in all, the only people who benefited were the people in microsoft. The gaming community and nintendo lost a legend.
1. Banjo Kazooie is not dead, they just had a game on the 360 and skins in Minecraft.
2. Semi Hibernation of DK had nothing to do with anything, Rare stopped making DK games before the buyout.
3. Conker is not dead, he's even coming to Project Spark.
4. Rare is not a legend, they aren't.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Okay, let's get back on topic before we get into an argument on something Off-topic.
So, back to Rayman.
If he were to get items in the game (which is doubtful considering other third parties, besides Namco, don't) what would you want them to be?

I would like to see that punching bag power-up from Legends, as well as one of the Laser-Washing Powder's if one of them doesn't make it into his moveset.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Back to Rayman? No.
Onto Globox!!

1. Banjo Kazooie is not dead, they just had a game on the 360 and skins in Minecraft.
2. Semi Hibernation of DK had nothing to do with anything, Rare stopped making DK games before the buyout.
1. Lol. Nuts and bolts was not a banjo game. The series has been kaput and is.
2. Fair enough.
3.he is dead. A cameo doesnt count as a revival.
4. They made multiple games still considered amazing and some of the best of all time. Banjo goldeneye (defined fps multiplayer) the country series.
They were huge and beloved for a reason

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I wouldn't say 'just had a game' when it's 2008, that's all I wanted to say.
Andre was the Black Lum's name, right?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Andrea the black lum

Inb4 killed by another ubisoft character aka one of andrea's assasins
*Sigh* I was waiting for someone to go there. I think I pointed that out to her before or something...

Crap, Double post...my bad....

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
1. Lol. Nuts and bolts was not a banjo game. The series has been kaput and is.
2. Fair enough.
3.he is dead. A cameo doesnt count as a revival.
4. They made multiple games still considered amazing and some of the best of all time. Banjo goldeneye (defined fps multiplayer) the country series.
They were huge and beloved for a reason
1. So just because it wasn't similar to the past games that means it doesn't qualify? R.I.P Rayman.
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xrS9GNFcVM
3. It's more than a cameo, kiddo.
4. It doesn't matter how overrated those games are, Rare did nothing that is considered legendary. Make a few good games?

1. So just because it wasn't similar to the past games that means it doesn't qualify? R.I.P Rayman.
4. It doesn't matter how overrated those games are, Rare did nothing that is considered legendary. Make a few good games?
1. Still quality games.
3. using the term kiddo instantly makes any argument not worth having. I had very little respect for you after your actions during the leak. This has only lowered them that you would be insulting during a calm discussion.
4. "Defined fps multiplayer" " made some of the best games of all time" k.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Games are overrated for a reason, just saiyan

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
1. Still quality games.
3. using the term kiddo instantly makes any argument not worth having. I had very little respect for you after your actions during the leak. This has only lowered them that you would be insulting during a calm discussion.
4. "Defined fps multiplayer" " made some of the best games of all time" k.
1. Okay.
3. Okay sorry, how about I call you "Scissors" instead?
4. "best games of all time" is just plain wrong.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Hey! Enough with the bickering about the buyout of Rare. I come back on this thread only to find that it has been sidetracked by an argument between two members of the community.

I'm disappointed in you guys. You know better than to start a flame war on this thread. GET A GRIP AND SHUT UP!

Now get back to talking about Rayman. Otherwise, I'll be working on a toothpick structure that needs to be done.

Now behave.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Something I really wanted to talk about with other Rayman fans was the inclusion of Pig Latin in Rayman Origins.

I believe this might be a nod to Rayman's name as "Rayman" in pig latin is "ayman-Ray".

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Hey! Enough with the bickering about the buyout of Rare. I come back on this thread only to find that it has been sidetracked by an argument between two members of the community.

I'm disappointed in you guys. You know better than to start a flame war on this thread. GET A GRIP AND SHUT UP!

Now get back to talking about Rayman. Otherwise, I'll be working on a toothpick structure that needs to be done.

Now behave.
I agree, but calm down yourself, things like this can happen, and getting worked up from it is pointless. Now, Rayman discussion. If it goes off topic any longer, reports are to be had.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Now behave.
That was rather... Schrute...of you to outright yell shut up

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I agree, but calm down yourself, things like this can happen, and getting worked up from it is pointless. Now, Rayman discussion. If it goes off topic any longer, reports are to be had.
Yeah. Sorry. I'll calm down myself (although to be honest, I'm not feeling mad now. It just feels nice to regain the focus on Rayman).

Now behave.
Damn just joined and already telling people to behave. You learn fast.
Telling people to shut up? You'll go far too. (Unless you use that power for evil)

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yeah. Sorry. I'll calm down myself (although to be honest, I'm not feeling mad now. It just feels nice to regain the focus on Rayman).
Understandable. But I'm glad you're back from taking a break. You're doing ok?

And well, this was brought up before but I didn't answer this, I don't really have any ideas for a item Rayman series could have. But...idk, the Red Lums could at least be something like a health item, right?...

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If you haven't seen Rare's track record, I suggest you look it up. Even Rare's less than stellar games all recieved good ratings

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
If you haven't seen Rare's track record, I suggest you look it up. Even Rare's less than stellar games all recieved good ratings
Yay let's get off-topic again.

Good ratings doesn't make you legendary, It just means you're good.

Top Bottom