• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rawful of Smash Winston-Salem NC 5/16-17 Smash, AH, MvC2, TvC!

BEHR

Smash Hero
Charlie how do you lose to smith in Melee?

Smith good **** beating Charlie and in Brawl placings.

Can I come over some day this week or you come over?

Yo guys ask about me Wario.

and I cant wait to see you bros again at a tourney I want to play you guys so bad. <33

and Vilt is not a bro if he was a bro he would have picked up his phone and come pick me up so I can whoop some tail at this.

Smith

Smash Ace
Come on guys, leave the violence out of Smash Bros.
Then tell people not to talk trash maybi.

Charlie how do you lose to smith in Melee?

Smith good **** beating Charlie and in Brawl placings.

Can I come over some day this week or you come over?

Yo guys ask about me Wario.

and I cant wait to see you bros again at a tourney I want to play you guys so bad. <33

and Vilt is not a bro if he was a bro he would have picked up his phone and come pick me up so I can whoop some tail at this.
Charlie didn't lose to me in Melee, He lost to me in B+.

Not sure, Finals all this week Eddie.

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
Actually, Lethal, I will fight you if you talk **** to anyone. You're a random scrub that gets ***** in a tournament by someone younger than you and you have to be a ****ing pathetic baby about it. Man the **** up.

Oh and Rag didnt make it in time for teams.
That explains it (even though PP not getting 1st is also rare).

Protoboy11

Smash Cadet
Actually, Lethal, I will fight you if you talk **** to anyone. You're a random scrub that gets ***** in a tournament by someone younger than you and you have to be a ****ing pathetic baby about it. Man the **** up.

Oh and Rag didnt make it in time for teams.
i hear trash talking at all tournies i go to and on these boards, i dont know lethal or what he said, but ill make him my friend, and then take you down irl, cause i fight for my friends

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Shoutouts, I'll read what I've missed (is it all Gauvn hate or are the shoutouts just a ways back?) later:

Rawfuls: Awesome tournies man. I appreciate the relatively close venue (<3 for realz), and I hope everything works out for your cat and all. Btw I liked your cat room. XD

Vilt: Good shiz runnin brackets and gettin food and being mexican.

Pie: We played. I like B moves, what can I say?

Dublio: We finally met. I'm pretty cheap, but at least I'm not gay.

Dub: I wish you would've entered stuff. We gotta talk/play sometime bro.

Raggy bro: Good shiz gettin to losers finals man. I'm impressed. Hope I wasn't too cheap when we played man.

Lethal Weapon: You're so cool. Please come to more tournaments so all of the bros can hang with you for a bit.

Smith: You're a pro photographer, just not on Hyrule.

Phil: Pichu.

Jim: I wish you'd talk more on the ride to- QUADRUPLE KNEES OMG WHO GETS HIT BY THAT ****

Travis: You're too cool man. I like yo low tiers and stuff. We should chill more bro.

Peter: Haha your Falcon is crazy. You could be so much better if you changed a few things in your game bro you could be so ****. As always, it was fun chillin with you.

Black Dolphin: We played! We'll play more this summer, aight bro? West NC is a little out of the loop it seems, but I'll show you the new ways to be gay. =p Fun teams matches regardless, bro.

Sengin: We played! Hopefully you learned some stuff man. I'll get those vids up when I can.

Ace: You're amazing man. The stories, the Ganon, the drinking, the good times, I love it all.

Malk: STONG-O-TRON ALL F*CKIN DAI

Ali: I'm going to start this off with a less-than-peppy intro: I don't really care if you get pissed at me about it, I can't stand it when people use ANYTHING to cheat in ANYTHING. You know what I'm talking about. I don't wanna make it personal, and I know you're leaving and all, but please just know that I'm saying this honestly and without spite.

Now then: good stuff bro. Bout time you decided to go Falco on me. =p I'm gonna go back to square one on my ditto and **** you next time, but you play Falco so weird lol. How do you like my Falcon btw? =ppp

And last, but definitely not least, ONLYMASKDE: Bro, we had some amazing Falcon dittos that captured the essence of NC, the bros, and our own bond of friendship as time went on. I'm glad we finally got to spend so much time together doin what we do best, and I hope you'll remember these good times (as well as all of the other ones you've had) for as long as possible after you've moved. Good luck with everything you do man, and I wish you the best of luck in life after smash. (semi =p)

I almost forgot:

ANY AND ALL VIDEOS BY ME (MELEE) WILL BE ON A DELAY DUE TO MY AV CORDS BEING MAILED HERE (<3 ACE) AND BECAUSE MY TEACHERS ARE CRAZY

Edit: Lol Crio you're mean sometimes. =p

Oh yeah, Zero: Good to see ya again man. Do what you gotta do.

Karn: I learned Marth ditto stuff. Thanks man.

Stingers: I've never tried to hard in brawl in my life. Good stuff.

Bill: Chill man, we'll get all of the S goin on now worked out.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Yeah when at a tournament you should feel like you're around the most non confrontational people possible. Don't threaten to beat people up or ban them from tournaments. When you threatened to not let me come back to billfests for saving that replay I felt pretty bad. Nobody should feel like that. However I don't know the entirety of the situation so that is a half ignorant statement. And honestly it's just trash talk. Remember kids "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me."

Don't ban MK that's just dumb. m2k will **** even harder at herb 2 then. And realistically planking has absolutely no effect on the outcome of the game unless the timer is ran out. I hate to say it bill but zero did outplay you, I watched the entire set and he didn't need to plank. My guess is he just did that to get into your easily raged head to make you play worse.

WHERE HAS ALL THE BRO LOVE GONE?

________________________________________________________________________________________

@ PP- you weren't cheap in our set. You just did some things I've never seen before that threw me off my game a lot. You're on a level of game intelligence above and beyond everyone else and we're just on a plateau looking up at you. I really need to start climbing that cliff. Also it didn't help that I was hungry and dub came back with my car and food an hour later after joyriding around with it and bringing me a cold biscuit and mashed potatoes and mountain dew from bojangles. Nobody gets mountain dew or mashed potatoes when bojangles' fries and sweet tea are available wtf?

S

smash brawl player 99021

i hear trash talking at all tournies i go to and on these boards, i dont know lethal or what he said, but ill make him my friend, and then take you down irl, cause i fight for my friends
lol he mains meta knight
XD

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Ok let me explain. Some guy was making fun of smith a lot and the way I see it, it was getting a bit past the usual level of trash talking. Smith is still a kid and he doesn't need to be/is mature enough to deal with that (no offense) so I am stepping in a getting the guy to stop.

Planking is gay. He did win because of planking because I was forced to approach and got punished when I did. He had a lead and sat on the ledge and forced me to approach; if I sat back the timer would have run out so I had to approach even though the position was disadvantageous to me and because of this I lost from fighting him in a horribly disadvantageous position when otherwise I would have lost because of the timer. The result is the same, the problem is the same.

If we can't trust players to not plank I do not see anyway around stopping planking. It's really dumb, it ruins the competitive aspect of the game and its unfortunate that any NC player would even stoop to the level of doing to another. If anyone can come up with a good way to ban planking and allow mk to stay thats cool but until then I am pulling for the ban. I will not outright ban him yet (at my tournaments) but it may be coming.

Lastly I am not going to kick anyones *** I am only trying to make a point. There will be no violence but from what I can tell smith was visibly upset and that is one, not cool and two, something I will not allow.

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
Yeah when at a tournament you should feel like you're around the most non confrontational people possible. Don't threaten to beat people up or ban them from tournaments. When you threatened to not let me come back to billfests for saving that replay I felt pretty bad. Nobody should feel like that. However I don't know the entirety of the situation so that is a half ignorant statement. And honestly it's just trash talk. Remember kids "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me."

Don't ban MK that's just dumb. m2k will **** even harder at herb 2 then. And realistically planking has absolutely no effect on the outcome of the game unless the timer is ran out. I hate to say it bill but zero did outplay you, I watched the entire set and he didn't need to plank. My guess is he just did that to get into your easily raged head to make you play worse.

WHERE HAS ALL THE BRO LOVE GONE?

________________________________________________________________________________________

@ PP- you weren't cheap in our set. You just did some things I've never seen before that threw me off my game a lot. You're on a level of game intelligence above and beyond everyone else and we're just on a plateau looking up at you. I really need to start climbing that cliff. Also it didn't help that I was hungry and dub came back with my car and food an hour later after joyriding around with it and bringing me a cold biscuit and mashed potatoes and mountain dew from bojangles. Nobody gets mountain dew or mashed potatoes when bojangles' fries and sweet tea are available wtf?
Rag, all of your DK **** against me in doubles is now forgiven thanks to this beautiful post.

"Right on" to everything you said except not banning MK (even Bojangles).

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i can't comprehend why people want mk banned

that's like wanting to ban fox in melee. just pick up someone who goes even with MK and ****.

Protoboy11

Smash Cadet
i agree with everything rag said in that huge post and i also vote rag to be the new leader/king of nc smash

also, stuff needs moar bro love for sure

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
i can't comprehend why people want mk banned

that's like wanting to ban fox in melee. just pick up someone who goes even with MK and ****.
The problem is there are certain situations, like planking, which mk can easily get into in which he has the advantage vs. every other character. This game isn't melee the comparison doesn't work.

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
Not the same as Fox, Stongers.
This, and I don't even want MK banned due to personal problems.

Snake is ok against Meta and I don't have a particular problem with the match-up, I just think he's too good compared to all other characters. I'm not very vocal on the issue, but that's my stand.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
It appears I didn't read the resolution of love upon posting the stuff below... Don't let this suck it all out

Bill, from what I recall, you only stood on the other side of the stage, occasionally chucking a pikmin. The thing that really got you was how I would attack your pikmin at every opportunity to reduce your options and force you to eventually pluck, and the pikmin easily dysync for their first several seconds of new life.

But I don't want to go into a debate on the morals of planking, I know it's a stupid thing to do and it does ruin the game, the only reason I did it was because people said Olimar couldn't do anything about the edge and that it would whittle down your patience (Which was a ***** move >.> ). Until I can play other characters more competently against Olimar, there is a possibility that I will do something similar, but not to the same extent, as what I did here.

As far as rules, the best option that comes to mind is the stupid "call a judge" rule, get him to slap your wrists a couple times, and if it comes up repeatedly, throw the book and have the offender lose the round.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I say if they force the timer to run out by stalling/planking then they should forfeit. How was the ban against rising pound and wall bombing enforced in melee?

Also if we use a ledge grab limit it should be drastically lowered. Japan uses 70 grabs for 10 minutes. Why did we decide to adopt 70 for our 8 minute matches, that's just letting them grab proportionally more, which is a bad idea. If there is a limit it should be a lot lower to make sure that players are scared to do it because they would be forced to forfeit. I would honestly say 40 or so would be much better at hindering planking than 70. The only way anyone would get 40 ledge grabs without planking realistically is if they're scrapping hard offstage like sp does in friendlies but then the games don't last nearly as long and there is no stalling problem.

lord karn

Smash Master
The only problem I see with lowering the edge grab limit, and the limit in general, is players can force you into positions where you don't have any good options other than staying on the ledge. Olimar is a good example. If you stand in a certain place Olimar's best option is to ledge hop uairs until you back off so he can get back on. I don't really see this as gay or cheap at all, it's just when you do it when the opponent isn't even near you. However, when you put a limit like 40, you can keep forcing a player in that situation to either reach their limit or get up with a less than opportune option.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Well there could also be a judges decision. There is a difference between being forced to grab 40 times and voluntarily grabbing 40 times to try to stall the match. And I really doubt someone would be forced to regrab 40 times. The rule could also only apply if they were actually planking. Forcing someone to the ledge and then forcing them to forfeit would be broken and it wasn't something I thought about.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
The thing about 40 ledge grabs is, I only grabbed it 34 times >.>

But there were still ~3 minutes on the timer at the end of all my matches with Bill

Also, if it's involuntary, the liklihood of grabbing the ledge 40 times is not high.

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
34 seems excessive to me, but I digress.

Once again, the best policy would just be a trust one, so maybe we should just try harder to make that work out. We're all bros, right? We shouldn't have a problem with this.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
The thing about 40 ledge grabs is, I only grabbed it 34 times >.>

But there were still ~3 minutes on the timer at the end of all my matches with Bill
qft, that's why I say 70 is a ridiculously high number and doesn't help the problem at all.

Town Bine

Smash Cadet
i dont think there is any problem with planking. if you have a problem with it then get better at beating it or get someone whos good at planking also. dont just whine about **** because your character has his weeknesses. i mean dammit im afraid to even touch the ground wen your pikmin are everywere. im not as strong on the ground but i have to fight there anyways dotn I? well get a bak up or something or get better and stop whining about your weeknesses and IMPROVE!!!!! dammit lol some people always wanna ban somethign just cause they cant figure out how to beat it. thats why i have pit. so if i cant get close with ICs i just Range with Pit. dammit stop complaining keep 70 grabs and get better and stop whining. sorry to be so critical but its true. God.

oh and sorry KAHN i could not find a wii. :S

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
I say if they force the timer to run out by stalling/planking then they should forfeit. How was the ban against rising pound and wall bombing enforced in melee?

Also if we use a ledge grab limit it should be drastically lowered. Japan uses 70 grabs for 10 minutes. Why did we decide to adopt 70 for our 8 minute matches, that's just letting them grab proportionally more, which is a bad idea. If there is a limit it should be a lot lower to make sure that players are scared to do it because they would be forced to forfeit. I would honestly say 40 or so would be much better at hindering planking than 70. The only way anyone would get 40 ledge grabs without planking realistically is if they're scrapping hard offstage like sp does in friendlies but then the games don't last nearly as long and there is no stalling problem.

Well there could also be a judges decision. There is a difference between being forced to grab 40 times and voluntarily grabbing 40 times to try to stall the match. And I really doubt someone would be forced to regrab 40 times. The rule could also only apply if they were actually planking. Forcing someone to the ledge and then forcing them to forfeit would be broken and it wasn't something I thought about.
You cannot make up some arbitrary rule like that, though. Rules need to be set in stone, not something that is up for opinion. That is why you only need to set up rule like the ledge grab rule. None of this add-on BS about IF HE PLANKED THOUGH HE LOSES, because it's all a matter of opinion. Planking to you may not be planking to me, and when you have a rule like that it does nothing but cause conflict, and that's not what should be happening in a friendly tournament environment. The second it does happen, people stop showing up, people stop caring and then the scene dies.

That's how I feel about that.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
whos good at planking also. dont just whine about **** because your character has his weeknesses. i mean dammit im afraid to even touch the ground wen your pikmin are everywere. im not as strong on the ground but i have to fight there anyways dotn I? well get a bak up or something or get better and stop whining about your weeknesses and IMPROVE!!!!!
Fine, I'll start playing as mk. If people find it necessary to plank to beat me and then want to tell me to improve when I can't beat it than fine. Expect me to play mk at the next tournament and expect me to plank to the fullest extent of my ability.

Shady, I thought we could just trust people, but we cant. That has became evident.

Zero, make all the excuses you want. I wont argue with you anymore. It was dumb and you wouldn't have beaten me otherwise.

Until we come up with a legitimate rule to ban planking or we ban mk then there is no intelligent option for me but to plank. I have hoped it wouldn't reduce to this but if it has to then so be it.

Karn, it seems you were right the best way to get mk banned is for skilled players to show why he should be banned.

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
You cannot make up some arbitrary rule like that, though. Rules need to be set in stone, not something that is up for opinion. That is why you only need to set up rule like the ledge grab rule. None of this add-on BS about IF HE PLANKED THOUGH HE LOSES, because it's all a matter of opinion. Planking to you may not be planking to me, and when you have a rule like that it does nothing but cause conflict, and that's not what should be happening in a friendly tournament environment. The second it does happen, people stop showing up, people stop caring and then the scene dies.

That's how I feel about that.
THIS GUY MAY PLAY PICHU AND BE ****ING HILARIOUS

but hes soooo right. I mean, our scene isnt huge enough to keep players in after the MK ban, if it did happen. I think most tourney go-ers would be like "**** NC if I cant play MK even though I dont play gay" and whatever variations there are. Bottom line is you cant just straight out ban planking or even MK. Planking is a viable, although gay, strategy.

I'd love to discuss ways to maybe limit planking.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I was just kind of brainstorming ideas but something needs to be done that effectively limits or bans it. More planking doesn't solve anything.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
I was just kind of brainstorming ideas but something needs to be done that effectively limits or bans it. More planking doesn't solve anything.
Ledge grabbing rule solves the problem. You cannot camp the edge if you have a limit on how many times you can grab it per match. Brawl is a defensive game anyway, there's not much you can do to make someone approach you via the rules.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
i dont think there is any problem with planking. if you have a problem with it then get better at beating it or get someone whos good at planking also. dont just whine about **** because your character has his weeknesses. i mean dammit im afraid to even touch the ground wen your pikmin are everywere. im not as strong on the ground but i have to fight there anyways dotn I? well get a bak up or something or get better and stop whining about your weeknesses and IMPROVE!!!!! dammit lol some people always wanna ban somethign just cause they cant figure out how to beat it. thats why i have pit. so if i cant get close with ICs i just Range with Pit. dammit stop complaining keep 70 grabs and get better and stop whining. sorry to be so critical but its true. God.

oh and sorry KAHN i could not find a wii. :S
I don't really have anything to contribute on this topic.

I'm not entirely sure as to whether or not this argument is going anywhere, because quite honestly, when I read this dude's posts I get an uncontrollable urge to hit myself in the face with a claw hammer.

Edit: Lol Crio you're mean sometimes. =p
lolololololol what gave you that idea?

Top Bottom