• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Serell

Smash Apprentice
Could be an easy clone, but I don't see much support in the way of the ballot. Overall I'm not really feeling that if a Mario character would be added, it would be Paper Mario.
This has gotta stop. Sakurai couldn't make Paper Mario a clone even if he wanted to. Paper Mario is so different than Mario that it's literally impossible.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Paper Mario

Chance: 25%
This guy had a lot of stuff going for him. He's pretty unique and he has a lot of potential. He's relevant because of the VC, and he has a pretty decent fanbase. He would get a really high rating from me if it weren't for one thing: Us. After reading so many of the previous ratings, it's obvious that people can't see the depth of this two-dimensional character. He really did have "infinite potential". It's unfortunate to see it wasted.
(You know, seeing all this makes me worried for Spyro's day... :urg:)

Want:
92%

Prediction:
Roy 96.75%

Nomination:
Spyro the Dragon [x5]

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
This has gotta stop. Sakurai couldn't make Paper Mario a clone even if he wanted to. Paper Mario is so different than Mario that it's literally impossible.
Make him a Mr. Game & Watch clone. :troll:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Gasp...GnW uses Hammers Paper Mario uses a hammer...confirmed GnW clone...

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Paper Mario:

Chance: ABSTAIN

Want: 100%

Not going to say anything else, but he's my most wanted since Melee.

Nominations:
Concept Full Ken Alt x5

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Reps didn't stop Sakurai from adding two completely unique characters to the series with the most characters and it won't stop him from adding the third.
That, plus we might wind up with 5 Fire Emblrm characters if the Roy files are true. That's right, a niche series that has most of its popularity in Japan gets to have more reps than Metroid AND Donkey Kong Country. You can't blame Sakurai since his bias and rampant Fire Emblrm fanboyism does get in the way half of the time. :troll:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
That, plus we might wind up with 5 Fire Emblrm characters if the Roy files are true. That's right, a niche series that has most of its popularity in Japan gets to have more reps than Metroid AND Donkey Kong Country. You can't blame Sakurai since his bias and rampant Fire Emblrm fanboyism does get in the way half of the time. :troll:
Don't forget Kid "One unique character per canon game" Icarus.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Paper Mario

Chance - 3.25% - Yeah, with two Marios already on the roster and many people starting to think that Mario as a series has plenty of characters already. This compounds into a lot of people just being plain not interested in him. It's possible they may look at him if he's popular enough, but I got a feeling any Mario character will likely be overlooked.

Want - 40% - Meh. I could think of many more interesting options. Not bad, but there are many I would prefer.

Roy Prediction - 93.54% - Oh, joy, this should be interesting. A data mine really is going to make this near certain.

Nominations

New Guidance Conversations X3
Anna (FE) X2

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
Something tells me that if Mario gets any DLC before DK or Metroid, it's going to start suffering the same thing that FE and KI are.

And I can't decide if it's funny or sad that people presume that bias is the reason why there are so many characters from those two series. Particularly when we already know that's not the reason that the three clones are separate from their base characters.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Looks like I missed Flemming's day. Probably would've given him around 15% or so for being in a seemingly minor one-off game and not getting requests on the level of his peers in similar situations like Wonder Red or Inkling. I love the charm the game seems to have, though, so my want would probably be 35% or so.

Paper Mario:

Chance - 15%
He's another middle-of-the-road civilian candidate. I rate him slightly lower than his peers based on how ignored the Mario RPG games have been in Smash outside of music tracks and the 3DS stage. "Another Mario" clearly doesn't matter when we're getting for all intents and purposes a third Marth. It's just that the Mario RPG brand and its character doesn't seem to intersect much with the super popular main series, and the only way I see another Mario character becoming DLC is if they decide to tap into the latter's popularity.

Apologies to the fans who will call this rating "delusional" or whatever, heh.

Want - 45%
Mostly for the content his series can provide. The character himself doesn't interest me, but tracks like the Koopa Bros. Theme and The Ultimate Show are glaring exclusions from the soundtrack.

Roy Prediction - 96.5%

Nominate Chorus Kids/Men x5

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
That's a key point. Paper Mario would lend more toward not being a clone, since his most used attacks, the ones associated with him, are different than the ones associated with regular Mario. It's the same way for the likes of Dixie Kong or Krystal.

There's also the fact that the fanbase reeeally dislikes clones. The backlash over the three already in the game was so bad that Sakurai had to make a freaking statement saying "Seriously, guys? You realize they were basically bonus characters this time around, right?"

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
That was due to unusual circumstances that aren't present any more. They needed a Falcon clone, and Ganondorf was the only one whose body type fit. Ever since, it seems like he doesn't want to change the character too radically and throw off players who've used him for so long.

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Paper Mario
Chance: 30%
He's getting a pretty good number of votes, which is definitely a good sign for his inclusion. He usually gets around Top 10, which is good enough to at least get noticed, but not necessarily good enough to get chosen. He comes from a pretty popular series, and even already has his own stage in the 3DS version. I think the chances of him becoming a clone are almost zero. Sakurai knows the fanbase hates clones, and all clones in the history in the series were treated as "bonus characters", which were just added in at the end for the sake of getting an extra character. Sakurai isn't just going to create a brand new clone for DLC, he wants to please people, and he knows how to do it. The only clones I see potentially happening are previously cut ones. Really the only things I really see stopping Paper Mario are votes. I feel he would be doing a lot better in the polls if A) we didn't already have Dr. Mario in the game, B) we didn't already get two Mario newcomers, and C) the last two games in the series weren't received so poorly by fans. Yes, Sakurai doesn't think in terms of reps, but the fanbase does, and that will also translate into votes. It's exactly why DK characters are doing so well in this poll, and why Fire Emblem characters aren't. This mindset, combined with Super Paper Mario and Sticker Star being disliked and hated respectively, keeps him from reaching his full potential

Want: 15%
If you asked me how much I wanted Paper Mario before the game came out, my Want score would be much higher. I know he'd be unique, but the idea of three different variations of Mario just rubs me the wrong way. I've only played one Paper Mario game, being Super Paper Mario, which I really loved. If you ask me, that game is very much overhated. It reminds me a bit of Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, a great game in the wrong series. I don't dislike the idea of Paper Mario in Smash, I'm just not as enthusiastic about the idea as I once was.

Roy Prediction: 87%
Oh God tomorrow is gunna be interesting, prepare to see a lot of 0 and 100 percent Want ratings

Nominations:
RH Character x3
Themed Stage Packs x2

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
how can you LOVE this?

Like, I'm actually trying to dissipate the salt I have now.....

Look, I get the message, most don't care. there's no other that it can go like this.
Hey dude, how I've found appoaching days like these (when there's a character that you really care about) is to just chill. Invite your friends who care about the character/concept and have some tea and bask in the sun for a bit. It makes you feel like you've contributed without meddling and you'll feel better regardless because sunlight makes you feel good regardless.

how can you LOVE this?

Look, I get the message, most don't care. there's no other that it can go like this.
he gave paper mario a 100% want. i thikn he is saying that it makes sense for toon link to be cloney but not paper mario.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
how can you LOVE this?

Because puns are funny, and people love funny things.

I get that you love Paper Mario, and don't like how people are rating him (Something that others are noticing as well, if you haven't noticed there's more "I apologize to his fans" in peoples ratings then there has been any other day) but the very fact that you won't even post your arguments to support him is making it impossible for me to sympathize for you.

Have problems with how people are rating? Tell people why they are wrong! Or if you aren't willing to do that, leave this thread for the rest of the day. Because otherwise you are staying around solely to feel bad and do nothing about it. And that's just not healthy.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Hey dude, how I've found appoaching days like these (when there's a character that you really care about) is to just chill. Invite your friends who care about the character/concept and have some tea and bask in the sun for a bit. It makes you feel like you've contributed without meddling and you'll feel better regardless because sunlight makes you feel good regardless.
actually, let me tell you what is going on.

This was not new, I called this 2 weeks ago.

What I couldn't get is how it';s the only not accurate rating so far AND to have contradictive logic and factual errors, and screwing the numbers because of the first 2.

We are in the best speculation state, this should have toned down.

And ironically, I'm in a skype group of supporters.....and it's pretty much everyone is salty.....

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Because puns are funny, and people love funny things.

I get that you love Paper Mario, and don't like how people are rating him (Something that others are noticing as well, if you haven't noticed there's more "I apologize to his fans" in peoples ratings then there has been any other day) but the very fact that you won't even post your arguments to support him is making it impossible for me to sympathize for you.

Have problems with how people are rating? Tell people why they are wrong! Or if you aren't willing to do that, leave this thread for the rest of the day. Because otherwise you are staying around solely to feel bad and do nothing about it. And that's just not healthy.
ok, the reason i never want to rate is the same reason @ Rockaphin Rockaphin didn;t: I HAVE to start an argument.

Considering how much people care (sarcastic), it's not worth to mention it.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
actually, let me tell you what is going on.

This was not new, I called this 2 weeks ago.

What I couldn't get is how it';s the only not accurate rating so far AND to have contradictive logic and factual errors, and screwing the numbers because of the first 2.

We are in the best speculation state, this should have toned down.

And ironically, I'm in a skype group of supporters.....and it's pretty much everyone is salty.....
Well, I still think that it is in your personal best interest to calm down. That's all I'm saying.

(Also, looking at my previous post, it's not clear that I mean three characters as in persons rather than movesets. I'm not implying that Paper Mario would/could be a clone. I'll edit that.)

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
What I couldn't get is how it';s the only not accurate rating so far
None of our ratings are accurate. This is a game that's highly subjective to people's opinions, and how they choose to interpret how the ballot will turn out/what Sakurai has said/etc.

Remember how "accurate" the previous RTC was? This won't be any different.

ok, the reason i never want to rate is the same reason @ Rockaphin Rockaphin didn;t: I HAVE to start an argument.

Considering how much people care (sarcastic), it's not worth to mention it.
Look, I get where you're coming from, I really do. The NPC day in particular had me shaking my head reading through most of the posts. But if you aren't going to argue your case, there's no point in staying around for this day, as that is the entire purpose of this thread.

I'm trying really hard to be nice, but all you're doing is whining that "We're all wrong and illogical" and not explaining why. It's painting the image that you can't argue your case, and it's not making me want to change my rating in the slightest.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
All I gotta say is...if there's too much salt then drink more water....

I'm not poking fun, but implying that you should not let other's opinions bother you...at the same time you have to try to think in their perspective...this thread is full of opinions and logical/illogical assumptions, what happens in Smash isn't in anyone's control except Sakurai and we're discussing the possibilities...
'too many Mario reps'
'I don't want three Marios
'
These are common arguments against Paper Mario that you could very easily have seen coming but at the same time it doesn't discount his chances in the end...and he could just as easily be one of the next DLC announced and we'll all eat our words....

Same is true for Sceptile (yes I'm bringing him up again) as many people say he won't happen because 'too many pokemon reps' and 'we already got Mewtwo for DLC' but he could still happen for DLC regardless...

Whatever counter-arguments you have feel free to enlighten us, perhaps you may change our minds or perhaps not, either way you still choose to support the character until they get announced or until the ship has sailed (whenever that may be)...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Paper Mario Chance:
15%
Hmm.. where can I start with Paper Mario? First things first:
-The fact he is a third Mario does not disqualify him from being added on the roster. I get you all personally hate the idea of multiple versions of a character, but that opinion doesn't really disqualify him nor does it null his chances, the fact we are getting three versions of Marth soon should tell you it doesn't really matter.

-It doesn't matter if there are already so much Mario characters in the game, again this is another opinion that wouldn't really disqualify him in becoming playable as DLC. With Roy getting added soon (bumping it up to 5 FE characters), it's clear that it doesn't matter at all.

What does Paper Mario have going for him?

1. He has a decent amount of support on the ballot right now. I think that there has been enough of a noticeable following for Sakurai to reconsider him for a playable status.

2. He has noticeable moveset potential, with the partner changing mechanic and his ability to turn into various forms, he could turn out as one of the more stand-out fighters in the game.

3. Is from a decently successful Mario spin-off series that's doing pretty good right now, his series is currently getting new games with the newest one being Sticker Star; not the most successful but still a decently successful series.

Wait a minute.... this might be the actual problem Paper Mario has. He's not from an extremely successful Mario-spinoff game. Every Mario spin-off character that was added in the roster had been from extremely successful and/or critically acclaimed games, notable examples include:
:4diddy: Representing the extremely successful trilogy of Donkey Kong Country.
:4drmario: Representing the successful, and critically acclaimed game Dr. Mario.
:4bowserjr: Representing the extremely successful NSMB series.
:4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig: One could argue that these guys represent the "best" Super Mario game of all time, and maybe NSMB too since they reappeared in the newest NSMB games.
:rosalina:Representing the successful and most highly critically acclaimed games of Super Mario Galaxy 1+2.
:4wario: Even though he is an icon and that itself would be enough for him to join Smash, he does represent the very successful Warioware series that has done way better than Wario Land, his moveset shows that.

Paper Mario is not at the level of success as these guys, and I think because of this he may not be a real priority for a Mario newcomer for Sakurai. I think Sakurai has very high standards when it comes to Mario newcomers, and sadly Paper Mario is not one of them, especially

He has an ok chance, but him not being from an extremely successful Mario spin-off really hurts his chances IMO.

Paper Mario Want:
70%
I really got to appreciate the Paper Mario series when I played the first game on the VC. When I completed that game, I went back to Thousand Year Door (which I'm currently in hiatus in playing it due to busy stuff), I was starting to notice how the franchise grew with the sequel, and how it was a waaaay better game than the original. Certainly would really like to see him in, but not my most wanted.

Roy Prediction:
86.78%
Will be at an obvious high rating for most people. Not much to say really.

Nominations:
x5 Young Link

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Paper Mario 15%

I'm too lazy to write a reason :ohwell:

Want 0% 50%

I ****ING HATE PAPER MARIO WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER MARIO, HE WOULD BE UNIQUE, BUT HE IS STILL JUST ANOTHER MARIO!!!!

He would be unique and his fans will be happy

Roy Prediction 90%
He is pretty much confirmed now

Tetra x 5

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin

I'm not poking fun, but implying that you should not let other's opinions bother you...at the same time you have to try to think in their perspective...this thread is full of opinions and logical/illogical assumptions, what happens in Smash isn't in anyone's control except Sakurai and we're discussing the possibilities...
'too many Mario reps'
'
These are common arguments against Paper Mario that you could very easily have seen coming but at the same time it doesn't discount his chances in the end...and he could just as easily be one of the next DLC announced and we'll all eat our words....

Same is true for Sceptile (yes I'm bringing him up again) as many people say he won't happen because 'too many pokemon reps' and 'we already got Mewtwo for DLC' but he could still happen for DLC regardless...
And it's for those reasons that I think Krystal, Sceptile, and Paper Mario are sleeper candidates. They have the same characteristics that we know the developers looked for in newcomers originally, and the biggest argument against them...doesn't actually exist.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

'too many Mario reps'
'

Whatever counter-arguments you have feel free to enlighten us, perhaps you may change our minds or perhaps not, either way you still choose to support the character until they get announced or until the ship has sailed (whenever that may be)...
from my experience, I won't. I will try because people insist so much, but I really expect nothing.

Most here think he's unlikely because the rating is always below 50 and even reaching as low as 30. The problem is if you check what he has going for him, there's lots of reasons to think it's not the same line of chances.

First, when people say he's less popular than daisy and captain toad, that's just not the case. we got a lot of polls lately, 2 from @PushDustIn in particular which shiows top 10. The reddit is even better. The thing with these polls is a lot are third party in top 10 too which their popularity won;t change that much if you consider how huge third party standards are. By this logic, you could discard the third party and he would relatively be top 5.

But even if you are arguing he's top 10 roughly, that means that being another mario doesn;t bother much people right?

So, why almost everyone here believe the opposite and even lower the rating because they are convinced it's a big issue for most people?

Look, it took me 3 and more trusted poll to finally admit that it's the truth: the another mario doesn't hinder him as much as people claim to. it simply doesn;t because if it was, being top 10 is illogical.

Everyone here seems to seriously underrate him simply because they think the another mario is a big issue. The polls which we know their origin and we know they should be pretty accurate tells otherwise.

There's just no way both are right. He's historically is imo the most underrated character ever, but with proof that contradicts a lot of belief, I just don't know what's going and it makes me think the real problem is people don't care much.

I learned it, he's one of the most requested, i would even put him right after isaac.

As for its importance.....seriously, I think most again seriously underrated that.

Guys, I get that kkr goes before him, saying otherwise would be crazy, but the matter of facts is that we already had proof that his subset is important for both nintendo and fans. Nintendo lately refferences his sseries on social media just like we knew it and the stage btw is the best example that this subset is important. Not just sticker star because for some reasons, people claim they kinda let the first 2 games away while lately, nintendo only talks about these and the stage had sections for these. If I was truly telling which game seems to be ignored, it would be super paper mario. Add the polls, I seriously now doubt why there';s any reason to claim in the end that his potential worth nothing.....

Repping goes before potential, but seriously, with how much is going for him, there;s no reasons to tell it worth nothing.

And the characters DO NOT REP THEMSELVES!!! This belief is like that any characters would just be themselves in the game and rep NOTHING after.

Characters rep their subset in their playstyle. If I take rosalina, she's not just there for the sake of being rosalina, she's there to rep the galaxy subset of mario, NOTE: it';s the same mario series here, the subset differs.

G&W has no series, the only reason he even exist is to have a delegate in his subset.

This is why the another mario logic just doesn;t stand. it just doesn;t matter which series and who he is. Btw, being mario here is an advantage.

And lastly, the most misunderstood thing ever.....his series is just everything but obscure. Most here do think it is.....but just about everything says otherwise. The even fact that it's been 4 games since 2001 should tell you why it's just not obscure.

The ONLY and really legitimate argument I found against him is sticker star not being well received. That's honestly the only thing left I would agree, but I would have the reflex to counter it by saying that lately, nintendo just seems to more acknowledge the old games more.

After, it comes with really weird things like saying he's a clone and such.

Most on this thread today underrated him for reasons that are just pointing that in the end, I don;t think people cared much nor knew some things before.

It;s not new, but the intensity of how it happened is....

Anyway, I know this thing will not be read much.....I already decided to take a break of speculation for a while....

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
-The fact he is a third Mario does not disqualify him from being added on the roster. I get you all personally hate the idea of multiple versions of a character, but that opinion doesn't really disqualify him nor does it null his chances, the fact we are getting three versions of Marth soon should tell you it doesn't really matter.

-It doesn't matter if there are already so much Mario characters in the game, again this is another opinion that wouldn't really disqualify him in becoming playable as DLC. With Roy getting added soon (bumping it up to 5 FE characters), it's clear that it doesn't matter at all.
You're making the argument of "Three versions of Marth", but that's playstyle, not character. The only characters that appear in multiple incarnations in-game would be the following:

:4mario::4drmario:
:4samus::4zss:
:4link::4tlink:*
:4zelda::4sheik:*

*These could be argued to be different "characters" because they're different incarnations of characters that appear multiple times throughout the Zelda series timeline, so they aren't actually separate versions of the same person in canon.

So there is not a true precedent for three versions of the same character in Smash unless you're referring to movesets. Paper Mario would have to be the breaker of that Mold. Think of it like Tetra being added, or Toon Link being re-added with masks, or even Justin Bailey as a ZSS or Samus semi-clone.

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
from my experience, I won't. I will try because people insist so much, but I really expect nothing.

Most here think he's unlikely because the rating is always below 50 and even reaching as low as 30. The problem is if you check what he has going for him, there's lots of reasons to think it's not the same line of chances.

First, when people say he's less popular than daisy and captain toad, that's just not the case. we got a lot of polls lately, 2 from @PushDustIn in particular which shiows top 10. The reddit is even better. The thing with these polls is a lot are third party in top 10 too which their popularity won;t change that much if you consider how huge third party standards are. By this logic, you could discard the third party and he would relatively be top 5.

But even if you are arguing he's top 10 roughly, that means that being another mario doesn;t bother much people right?

So, why almost everyone here believe the opposite and even lower the rating because they are convinced it's a big issue for most people?

Look, it took me 3 and more trusted poll to finally admit that it's the truth: the another mario doesn't hinder him as much as people claim to. it simply doesn;t because if it was, being top 10 is illogical.

Everyone here seems to seriously underrate him simply because they think the another mario is a big issue. The polls which we know their origin and we know they should be pretty accurate tells otherwise.

There's just no way both are right. He's historically is imo the most underrated character ever, but with proof that contradicts a lot of belief, I just don't know what's going and it makes me think the real problem is people don't care much.

I learned it, he's one of the most requested, i would even put him right after isaac.

As for its importance.....seriously, I think most again seriously underrated that.

Guys, I get that kkr goes before him, saying otherwise would be crazy, but the matter of facts is that we already had proof that his subset is important for both nintendo and fans. Nintendo lately refferences his sseries on social media just like we knew it and the stage btw is the best example that this subset is important. Not just sticker star because for some reasons, people claim they kinda let the first 2 games away while lately, nintendo only talks about these and the stage had sections for these. If I was truly telling which game seems to be ignored, it would be super paper mario. Add the polls, I seriously now doubt why there';s any reason to claim in the end that his potential worth nothing.....

Repping goes before potential, but seriously, with how much is going for him, there;s no reasons to tell it worth nothing.

And the characters DO NOT REP THEMSELVES!!! This belief is like that any characters would just be themselves in the game and rep NOTHING after.

Characters rep their subset in their playstyle. If I take rosalina, she's not just there for the sake of being rosalina, she's there to rep the galaxy subset of mario, NOTE: it';s the same mario series here, the subset differs.

G&W has no series, the only reason he even exist is to have a delegate in his subset.

This is why the another mario logic just doesn;t stand. it just doesn;t matter which series and who he is. Btw, being mario here is an advantage.

And lastly, the most misunderstood thing ever.....his series is just everything but obscure. Most here do think it is.....but just about everything says otherwise. The even fact that it's been 4 games since 2001 should tell you why it's just not obscure.

The ONLY and really legitimate argument I found against him is sticker star not being well received. That's honestly the only thing left I would agree, but I would have the reflex to counter it by saying that lately, nintendo just seems to more acknowledge the old games more.

After, it comes with really weird things like saying he's a clone and such.

Most on this thread today underrated him for reasons that are just pointing that in the end, I don;t think people cared much nor knew some things before.

It;s not new, but the intensity of how it happened is....

Anyway, I know this thing will not be read much.....I already decided to take a break of speculation for a while....
See? Was that so hard? I'll even bump my chance rating up a bit, you bring up good points!

Only thing I really want to bring up is your repeated references to the polls. There is no way any of those are even remotely accurate. They are from different, specific communities (Several of which allow you to vote multiple times, nullifying any credibility they could have) that represent only a very small fraction of the people that are voting on the actual ballot.

Not denying that Paper Mario isn't being voted for, because we obviously know he is. Just that we don't know how much he is being voted for, and, more importantly, how many characters have more votes then he does.

Serell

Smash Apprentice
BOTH Sticker Star and Super Paper Mario were horrible. They've run the Paper Mario series into the ground. My ratings would have been much higher if it wasn't for that.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
See? Was that so hard? I'll even bump my chance rating up a bit, you bring up good points!

Only thing I really want to bring up is your repeated references to the polls. There is no way any of those are even remotely accurate. They are from different, specific communities (Several of which allow you to vote multiple times, nullifying any credibility they could have) that represent only a very small fraction of the people that are voting on the actual ballot.

Not denying that Paper Mario isn't being voted for, because we obviously know he is. Just that we don't know how much he is being voted for, and, more importantly, how many characters have more votes then he does.
I got the EXACT reaction after first seeing the first polls result came, I simply refused to believe they were really accurate, but becoming the same pattern in 3 or more....this is more consistency than flawed stuff.

Also, some polls were done on who people voted, consistency again. If they are flawed, they aren't much comparing each other.

It took me a really long time to admit this. Seriously, by being so exposed to the same arguments, I really needed a lot to believe these.

If it was just one poll, I would think the same.

But not for 3 and more, that becomes a pattern.

As for why I never told this before, past experience, it changed nothing.

Also, I personally trust those from push, I learned to know him in the leak thread, they are consistent enough to say top 10 mostly.

Did you and I play the same game?
a minority of people loved spm, it's sad honestly because spm is quite awesome from the series perspective, but it jsut ended up underrated. I wouldn';t be surprised if I see any hate, it has become a popular opinion.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
BOTH Sticker Star and Super Paper Mario were horrible. They've run the Paper Mario series into the ground. My ratings would have been much higher if it wasn't for that.
Super Paper Mario was a great game IMO
It also gave us Mr L and Bowser and Peach's weddding so :awesome:
Sticker Star on the other hand :glare:

Top Bottom