• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Ice Climbers:
Chance: 30%
+ Veterans
+ Unique characters
- Nana's AI (hardware limitations)

It's possible that with some more work, they could get the game to properly function even with 8 Nanas (Nanai?). But the actual length of time required is unknown to us--it could be longer than standard character development time or shorter. We don't know. But, hopefully, the systems that Smash 5 will play on will have enough power to handle them.

Want: 90%

Predictions:
Sceptile 25%
I'm hoping people will realize that the series a character is from is much less important than what he/she/it has to offer to Smash.

Nominations:
Spyro the Dragon [x5]

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Chance 25%
Popular vets who already have a moveset worked out for them. The developers just need some time to iron out the kinks apparently(?) Unless that was some kind of horse brained excuse for the lack of time spent on them.

Want 50%
They were pretty cute and fun to use at times, I never mained or even 2nded them but they were allright. I just hope if they do make it in, it's not going to be a repeat of brawl where their desynching throw combos practically break the game! D:

Sceptile prediction: 5%

Nominations:
Ashley x3
Paper Mario x1
Viridi x1

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
Ice Climbers:
Chance: 50%
It's a toss up really. I think it all comes down to if Sakurai and the developers want to try again to get them to function properly on the 3ds. Now that they don't have a deadline to finish them, mabey they will.

Want: 100%
I miss them a lot. After being in Melee and in Brawl it just doesn't seem right for them to not be in Smash 4. I want them to come back along with a new Ice Climber stage or with the Summit stage from Brawl.

Sceptile prediction: 20%
I would be cool with Sceptile joining, but I just don't see it happening.

Nominations:
Chorus Kids [x5]

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Ice Climbers:

Chance: 25%. Unless Sakurai can get them to work on the 3DS version I doubt they'll make it in. They'd definitely be in if a Smash 4 next gen port or the next installment is happening. And I don't see them alienating the original 3DS owners to put them on N3DS.

Want: 100% I do really want them back as well.

Sceptile Prediction:

21.67%

Nominate Roy x3

Concept: Mother 3 Stage x2

Troykv

Smash Master
Ice Climbers

Chance: 10%

They are veterans ... and actually try to put them in the game, and it ensures a greater chance than other characters... The problem comes when we talk about why they don't come in the base game: The character itself and its interaction with the 3DS hardware.

Want: 25%

Personally the only thing I liked to do with them was spamming their special attacks.

Predictions:

Sceptile Chance: 20%

Nominations:

Micaiah x2
Tiki x2
Kos-mos x1

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
These chance ratings seem ridiculously positive. Im seeing such high percents and its a bit baffling to me but ehh. opinions.
With the ICs especially, there's a great deal that's unknown about their real limitations. It could be anywhere from simply impossible to have anything resembling what we know of the ICs getting onto the 3DS; to just too time consuming, unbalanced, or full of compromise to make work by Smash's planned deadline. Both are bad for the ICs, but one opens up a possibility whereas the other implies you and Sakurai either have to accept solo climber or a Wii U exclusive or nothing. Solo climber is probably slightly less against Sakurai's principles than an exclusive character on Wii U, but that's just a guess. Both are very unlikely because they both go against the wishes and plans of the creator.

I think it's true that perhaps people are a bit optimistic that the limitations aren't more on the "impossible" side. I probably gave them a bit higher than they're due admittedly, but with ICs in particular it's more guess work than usual, and it's weighted guess work at that. I think the limitations may not have been so insurmountable, so I scored accordingly.

Plus, I couldn't see myself giving them a chance score too different from Snake, and Snake falls into a very similar situation in terms of having very weighted guess work involved in assessing his chances. Snake could be a handshake away, but we have to guess on just how likely a "handshake" is and there's lot of variables clouding that atm. And unlike other third party characters, Snake has vet status giving him precedent and relatively easy "portability", plus his popularity is pretty much tops among third party characters. He gets a chance boost from this... and among third party characters, I'm not sure any have a better chance even though without vet status he'd likely be beaten in chance by Rayman or some other third party character with more loyalty and relevance to Nintendo.

Basically, it's hard to say a vet could have lower than a 10% chance because they're generally popular, have the benefit of having precedent in the series, and they're relatively "portable" if they were in Brawl. ICs may not be the most popular among vets, but they're still a popular request among all requests... it's just the fact that they're "difficult" that neutralizes what would otherwise be great odds. Heck, their odds are so good that without difficulties they'd already be in the game. As a result, when you dock them percent, you're basically measuring the significance of their limitations from a chance of 100% since that's what their odds are without technical difficulties. Other characters don't so easily have the benefit of saying, "I'd 100% already be in if not for this one thing".

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Ice climbers

I think because of the technical difficulties that it will be hard for them to get in. Sakurai already said this. That being said, I don't really want them back and Rosalina is a sort of "replacement for them"

Want: 5%

Never was a fan of them and never used them much so I won't say that much about them.

Nominations: KOS-MOS X5 :)

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Ahh,this pains me...

-Ice Climbers

Chances: 2%
I use to think it would be possible now with the New 3DS, but I realized how absurd that assumption is. Smash 4 would've had to have been New 3DS exclusive instead of the 3DS and the New 3DS came out way after Smash 4's release.

Want:100%
Its sad to not see them in the roster, but they'll be back someday. I adore these characters and their uniqueness. I've always loved their inclusion in smash and playing as them. Love this duo
Also, I've never been in a chain grab situation, nor have I used this tech because I find it cheap. And with chain grabbing being gone in Smash 4, the problem gone. (If they were in)

Nomination: Zael 5x

Last edited:

Flor@

Smash Apprentice
That optimism though. It's not leaving a lot of room for realism. :/
I could just as easily say that your pessimism leaves little room for realism. Like, seriously? I am optimistic but I also take a hard look at as many facts as I can. It's not the optimism that's blinding us--if anything it's varying ideas of game development, Sakurai's personality, technical capabilities of hardware, and how heavily we read into/assume things. You may see all of the news and facts pointing towards no Ice Climbers, but many of us have yet to see enough evidence to say that the only two-time smash vets really are gone for years to come (aside from a single trophy and some music).

Sorry I'm late but the whole 'your optimism is blinding you' argument is never short of infuriating--especially for things that are totally probable and with reason. I'm not going to go into all of the reasons but just know that just because we have hopes and dreams does not necessarily mean we're all misguided and ignorant of what is true and false. Think about it--who's likely to have put in more research--somebody really passionate about the topic or somebody who doesn't really care? Bias should always be considered of course, but idk. Just some triggered guy missing arguably the most unique characters in Smash. And venting over being my entire homie-base being called unrealistic.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Ice Climbers
Chance: 10% - I don't think the 3DS problem is going to be fixed, please remember that Sakurai's team is a lot smaller now than it was when SSB4 was still being made. The only chance they have is for them to put increased limitations on Nana's capabilities, or to just go Sopo.
Want: 1,000,000% 100% - Yes, bring them back please!! I love the Ice Climbers and I'll even go so far as to tolerate Sopo if that's what it means.

Sceptile prediction: 14%

Nominations: Wonder Red x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I could just as easily say that your pessimism leaves little room for realism. Like, seriously? I am optimistic but I also take a hard look at as many facts as I can. It's not the optimism that's blinding us--if anything it's varying ideas of game development, Sakurai's personality, technical capabilities of hardware, and how heavily we read into/assume things. You may see all of the news and facts pointing towards no Ice Climbers, but many of us have yet to see enough evidence to say that the only two-time smash vets really are gone for years to come (aside from a single trophy and some music).

Sorry I'm late but the whole 'your optimism is blinding you' argument is never short of infuriating--especially for things that are totally probable and with reason. I'm not going to go into all of the reasons but just know that just because we have hopes and dreams does not necessarily mean we're all misguided and ignorant of what is true and false. Think about it--who's likely to have put in more research--somebody really passionate about the topic or somebody who doesn't really care? Bias should always be considered of course, but idk. Just some triggered guy missing arguably the most unique characters in Smash. And venting over being my entire homie-base being called unrealistic.
Is the fact that Sakurai unsuccessfully tried for over two years to implement ICs, and then chose to cut them above change their gimmick not enough evidence that popularity of all things is going to have a minimal effect on their fate this time around? They were apparently low priority before, why would returning to something the entire Smash 4 team wasn't able to manage at their peak manpower be higher priority now with the reduced team working on characters that won't likely continue to be a dead end under Sakurai's restrictive mentality?

Not only is the obstacle of even choosing to work on them present, but the one that prevented their inclusion in the first place is still one that likely needs to be solved before the team can move forward with them; it's not like Sakurai was amenable to changing them to a major degree before, why would now be especially different? Yes they are popular (though not as popular as several other cut characters), but Sakurai has stated before that he's aware of the effect cutting characters has on their demand, he was just as aware when he made the choice to deliberately cut them over change them.

I fail to see what part of this situation is both totally probable and in favour of the Ice Climbers' return in Smash 4. You don't seem to mention anything to the contrary of what I raised either, despite going on about research, most of your post is spent telling me how wrong I am. Where are these facts you're taking a hard look at? They're certainly present in my reasoning. Yours seemingly is "they'll be able to work on them harder now" even though that would take away from developing characters without such obstacles, and could very easily prove counterproductive considering they've been unsuccessfully at the ICs in Smash 4 for literally years.

And judging by your sig and icons, you're not one totally without bias yourself.

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
ICE CLIMBERS
CHANCE: 29.84%
WANT: 61.49%
ice climber's may have gotten a poor chance score, but at least they proved popular. Next up we're rating Sceptile whose hoping to represent Pokemon gen 3. Also please predict what score Wonder Red will get tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

Sceptile

• There are 649 Pokemon to choose from.
  • Six are already playable in Smash 4.
  • 649 minus six equals 643.
  • Sceptile is one Pokemon.
  • One divided by 643 is approximately equal to 00.16%.
  • Sceptile seems to be a popular choice, so I'll add 10%.
  • 10% plus 00.16% equals 10.16%.

Chance: 10.16%

Want: 50%

I'm indifferent to the majority of Pokemon because I am not a Pokemon enthusiast like the majority of you here.

Prediction: Wonder Red - 5%

Him and Zael will definitely not be seen as likely, especially as DLC.

Nomination: Zael x5

Last edited by a moderator:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
SCEPTILE
Chance: 15%
Want: 90% (It really irks me that there's no grass type Pokémon in the roster especially with Charizard and Greninja. Plus, Sceptile happens to be my favorite starter Pokémon.)

WONDER RED
Prediction: 18%

NOMINATION
Elma x5

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
Sceptile
Chance: 18%
Were there really any other reasons people wanted him than the fact that he was a grass type and ORAS was on the way? Because now that that ship has sailed, I don't see much support for him, nor does he have an excuse to be in over any other grass starter, if that can be considered a good reason for adding yet another Pokemon to the mix. Although the dev team probably isn't comparing franchise ratios, I presume that they'll want to mix it up a little, and since we've already had Mewtwo, I think that makes more Pokemon DLC more unlikely.

Want: 5%
I'm not a huge Pokemon fan, and people's reasons haven't really convinced me that Sceptile's something I must see in Smash. I also think that another Pokemon would generate more backlash than joy, so my usual "happy fan" factor has less impact on my want score than usual.

Wonder Red
Prediction: 25%
Given his creator's attitude and the relative commercial failure of The Wonderful 101, I don't expect high scores.

Nominations:
Abraham Lincoln (Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.) x1
Ridley x1
Concept: Any Star Fox character DLC released near Star Fox U release date x3

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Sceptile

Really all he has going for him is popularity, and last I checked it's not really a huge amount or anything. Plus we've already got a fair amount of Pokemon characters, including DLC, and by the time he'd be ready GF is going to be promoting something other than the third gen, so it's not like it'd still be in a timely window.

Want: 40%
He'd be pretty cool and is probably the best current choice for a grass starter. However if we get a new bipedal grass starter in the next gen... he'll be pretty much all but forgotten. Though that might not be for a bit still. And it would be nice to have all three starter types, tbh Greninja still seems a bit out of place for me. Charizard is only an exception because he's, well, Charizard.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Sceptile change: 50%
This is not biased and I plan to do use the same score for every pokemon.Because the only holding them back is sakurai and if he feels that Pokemon should be in smash.Sceptile is no expection

Sceptile want:50%

Used to be a big supporter now I feel out of it and couldn't care if he got in or not

Wonder red prediction 15%

Slippy X5

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Is the fact that Sakurai unsuccessfully tried for over two years to implement ICs, and then chose to cut them above change their gimmick not enough evidence that popularity of all things is going to have a minimal effect on their fate this time around? They were apparently low priority before, why would returning to something the entire Smash 4 team wasn't able to manage at their peak manpower be higher priority now with the reduced team working on characters that won't likely continue to be a dead end under Sakurai's restrictive mentality?

Not only is the obstacle of even choosing to work on them present, but the one that prevented their inclusion in the first place still one that likely needs to be solved before the team can move forward with them; it's not like Sakurai was amenable to changing them to a major degree before, why would now be especially different? Yes they are popular (though not as popular as several other cut characters), but Sakurai has stated before that he's aware of the effect cutting characters has on their demand, he was just as aware when he made the choice to deliberately cut them over change them.

I fail to see what part of this situation is both totally probable and in favour of the Ice Climbers' return in Smash 4. You don't seem to mention anything to the contrary of what I raised either, despite going on about research, most of your post is spent telling me how wrong I am. Where are these facts you're taking a hard look at? They're certainly present in my reasoning. Yours seemingly is "they'll be able to work on them harder now" even though that would take away from developing characters without such obstacles, and could very easily prove counterproductive considering they've been unsuccessfully at the ICs in Smash 4 for literally years.

And judging by your sig and icons, you're not one totally without bias yourself.
I think bias was freely admitted and it was as much a defense of the ideas of his comrades as it was an argument about what's "realistic" in terms of the ICs chances. What's "realistic" may be different for different people for different reasons. I imagine most people have considered ICs limitations in this thread. Some IC fans like Flor@ just appear to be on the optimistic side of things. Yeah, bias has influence. Works the other way though too. It's why we take averages at the end of each day. It accepts both optimistic and pessimistic assessments and gives us a relatively realistic average. It's hard to say what it all means either. When all the data is gathered, it's still just our average guess at best.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Sceptile
Chance:17%
I know there are 6 pokemon crating it full party. I know that Pokemon is Nintendo's top Ip's with a lot of spinoffs if they de decide to put in the final starter triangle I think he/she would make it as the next one but... 7 Pokemon reps :/.

Want 23%
would bring something new but 6 reps is a good number to end at. Though if we were going to get another rep he/she would fit the bill since you know OR/AS.

Nom:
Ninten x 5

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
...it's a forest dragon...with a Christmas Tree for a tail...

Sceptile

Chance: 5.5%
Waoh! why so low? Well much like Krystal and Dixie, Sceptile seems to be overshadowed by a more likely candidate from his series...except that candidate is not only more likely but it is already confirmed and here. So Krystal and Dixie Kong are paddling in the same boat while sceptile seems to have fallen overboard, and Sakurai's the only one that can throw in a floating donut to save the poor drowning grass lizard.
Sceptile, when it comes to pokemon newcomers, does indeed have the best chances because of ORAS (sure the ORAS hype has pretty much died, but it is still the last main series pokemon game that was released so far), his new mega, his popularity from the anime, and his marginally decent fan support. As well as the whole grass-fire-water starter thing and Sceptile is the best possible grass starter available (besides the veteran Ivysaur but I'm talking in terms of newcomers here).
In the end it all boils down to whether or not we will get multiple reps for any given franchise, now it is totally possible as we are still unclear if we'll get 5 more DLC, 10, 15, 20? who knows? (Sakurai)...but unlike both Krystal and Dixie Kong, who still have a slight possibility to get in before their franchise counterparts (if they'll get in at all that is), Sceptile's chances were pretty much flushed right from the get go with Mewtwo's announcement as the first DLC. Now when it comes to representatives in Smash it isn't so much that Sakurai could look at Sceptile and say, 'No we got Mewtwo for Pokemon that's it!' I mean maybe for the next little while that may be the case, but down the road he could look back into Nintendo's second biggest franchise and choose a likely contender. However I feel like Sakurai's gonna try to spread the love a bit when it comes to DLC...just to try to make as many fans happy as possible...
It also depends on if there will be a pokemon game announced at E3...I think there will be some announcement for perhaps a followup to X and Y, ORAS, or even Gen 7 with new pokemon and everything, but I don't think that'll improve Sceptile's chances very much seeing as it is likely a notable pokemon from those games would be a more likely pick for DLC being 'the new hot thing' coming out much the same respect as the Inklings except from a much more established franchise...
As I stated we don't know how far DLC will go, heck we could be getting DLC for the next 5 years (unlikely) if that's the case then Sceptile's chances definitely go up a bit, but overall, based on our current situation and information given, I really don't think we'll get another pokemon for DLC (veteran or newcomer)...especially conmsidering the pokemon franchise unlike both DK and Star Fox (for the case of Dixie and Krystal) has in fact received a newcomer in greninja...Sceptile's chances are not too good in the grand scheme of things...

But I would very much like to be proven wrong!!!
I love Sceptile, he's one of my favourite starters (along with Torterra and Typhlosion) and I've wanted him in Smash for a long time...I mean c'mon, a frikkin Raptor Dragon Dinosaur tree thing! In Smash! Hacking and slashing...
And with it's new Mega form, man so much potential, Final Smash is pretty much already set in stone; Mega evolve and blast it's tail across the stage dragging enemies to their doom (pretty much working like the drill item, except on steroids)...And with the inclusion of Greninja and Charizard's return my OCD will be very much satisfied as well...it pretty much creates a nice balance in the game as typings don't matter obviously, just on principle really...
Plus I'd like to see pokemon from another Generation make an appearance as Sceptile (and Blaziken arguably) is the best choice for Gen 3 and Zoroark is the best choice for Gen 5 (but being an existing NPC is problematic for the dark illusionist) both Gens being the only two not represented in any Smash game as playable fighters...

Prediction: 38.4%
Wonder Red

I'm not too familiar with Wonder Red or Wonderful 101 all that much but he's been getting a lot of fan support I feel, and not being third party helps his chances as well...

Nominations:
Concept: NPC's Become Playable x5

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Sceptile

Chance: 30% - With the recent DLC giving us Mewtwo, a widely wanted Pokemon rep, I don't think we'll be getting any more Pokemon any time soon. There's not really much else for me to say here. I don't see any reason to exclude him/her (they can be both), but I also see no real reason to really push for them, aside from some remakes that were made quite some time ago.

Want: 10% - Eh, I'd rather not have Sceptile. While he's pretty cool, and would fit the roster well, it doesn't seem fair in the eyes of Ivysaur fans, the Pokemon that was there first., who didn't return because Charizard was the star (I feel Charizard is really overrated, he has a X4 weakness to rock, and isn't that good in Smash Bros.). I just feel that if we were to get any more Pokemon, Ivysaur and Squirtle should be remembered first.

Heck, if you remember Melee, we still have Pichu in tow as well... OK, so Pichu wasn't amazingly popular and he hurt himself with his attacks, but you take a fully charged skull bash from him and tell me how it feels OK.

Bottom line, adding a newcomer when there are still Pokemon vets seems unfair.

Wonder Red predictions: 27.21%
Oh man, I don't even know Wonder Red, how am I supposed to rate him in chance and want? *sigh* Guess I better do some research in the mean time...

Nominations
* Concept - this is the last Smash Bros. Game X2
* Concept - Roy is going to be an alternate for Marth (Olimar/Alph, or dare I say, Olimalph? :awesome:) X3

And again, if anyone has any nominations they'd like me to make next time, let me know. These are just hold off nominations until my next wanted topic.
(And yes, I did notice that request to nominate Wonder Red, I didn't forget you, it's just that it seems mute now that Wonder Red himself is up next in rating)

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Sceptile

Chance: 20%
Want: 60%

nominate Fixing R.O.B.s eyes x5 again

For those who don't know, R.O.B.s eyes don't animate in any of the 'Smash' modes

sogeki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MexicanSaiyan
Also please predict what score Wonder Red will get tomorrow.

Can I just say
***** WE MADE IT
No, but seriously guys, thanks. I can't thank you enough. Even if the scores are low, I just really want to see.

Alright, Sceptile. Oh boy.

Chance: 39.77%. We have enough pokemon reps, even though ORAS is still sort of relevant. Sure, we have the whole Water/Fire and now Grass starter argument, but still.
Want: 99%. Sceptile is my second favorite starter (Typhlosion though).

Wonder Red Prediction: 45%
Want: Can we go higher than 100?

Nominations: Daisy x5

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Sceptile

• There are 649 Pokemon to choose from.
  • Six are already playable in Smash 4.
  • 649 minus six equals 643.
  • Sceptile is one Pokemon.
  • One divided by 643 is approximately equal to 00.16%.
  • Sceptile seems to be a popular choice, so I'll add 10%.
  • 10% plus 00.16% equals 10.16%.

I like this reasoning XD

Want: 35%

I'm not much of Pokémon, but is a franchise that I actually like. I'm not really interested in the Pokémon choose.

Predictions:

Wonder Red Chance: 20%

Nominations

Micaiah x2
Tiki x2
Kos-mos x1

MainJPW

M.T.A
Sceptile

Chance: 20%

6 Pokemon may be enough for now.

Want: 40%

A grass starter would be cool.

Wonder Red Prediction: 50%

Nomination:
Viridi x4
Ninten x1

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Sceptile
Chance: 16%
Want: 9%

- Another Pokemon wouldn't be much of a surprise, however I don't see Sceptile in my opinion. People think he'll make the roster because of the one of the starters from Gen I and Gen VI being in, it would make sense for for the gen in the middle to have their popular starter...oh wait, that isn't Blaziken? hm... Not to hate, but Sceptile is only chosen because he's a grass type. I'd rather we have another iconic Pokemon such as Gengar, being the first Pokemon we ever see in game along with Nidorino, whose chances would be less likely. And in terms of Gen III, Gardevoir clearly outranks both Blaziken and Sceptile, but she is a Pokeball'mon

Predictions
Wonder Red - 32%

Nominations
Paper Mario x5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Sceptile

Honestly, I don't think Sceptile has much going for him right now. He was definitely affected by the 'recent release' hype, so now that ORAS has been out a while, I think that quieted down. Also, he may not be super popular since we just got a Pokémon DLC, so another before we get anything else seems odd.
I think his biggest problem is that I don't see anything going for Sceptile himself, but just reasons why he should be in because XYZ is in. Most of the arguments are "Well, Charizard and Greninja are starters so we should have a grass starter to finish the trio" or "We need Sceptile since we don't have a Gen 3 rep." And these can both be addressed:
  • The type effectiveness mechanic was only in the Pokémon trainer from the last game, and that's gone now. We don't need a grass-type any more than we need another type - the damage from all types is the same.
  • But he's not the only starter there is, and certainly not the most notable. Not even from Gen 3 - so i herd u dont lyk mudkipz? And Blaziken's going strong as the first (of many) fire/fighting types, and is going to Pokken.
  • But wasn't Gen 3 the most hated at the time it came out? Sure, it's got the nostalgia goggles on, but that was the first generation that people had to discard all of their old mons and get new ones. Those were also the first games that you literally could not catch 'em all. A lot of people hated RS when it first came out, and that's only just gotten better
There's also the fact that, if we do get new Pokémon DLC, we've got three Pokémon veterans who were cut. Sakurai said (which to some people is word of God, others take it as something he'll change his mind on next week) that he didn't like to cut anyone, so Squirtle, Ivysaur, and possibly even Pichu are higher on the totem pole than Sceptile. Plus, 3rd gen really didn't have a mon they introduced the generation with, marketed beyond reason, and made a movie star. In Gen 4, it was Lucario. Gen 5 had Zoroark. I think that IF we get a Pokémon newcomer, Zoroark would be more likely than Sceptile considering how much that one was pushed. And if we need a Gen 3, Blaziken and especially Gardevoir are reaching memetic popularity...
Want: 0%
Sorry, I am one of those people who didn't like Gen 3. Gen 1 was great, and I LOVED Gen 2, then along comes this new generation to throw away all of my favorites, tell me they don't exist, give weird names to the berries so I can't tell what they do by name anymore ("PRZCUREBERRY" may be generic, but you know what it does at least), add brand new mechanics I wasn't expecting, not link a thing back to what I knew, and started the we-need-to-saturate-this-game-with-useless-legendaries trend. I actually never even got through RS since I was so salty about it. I loved Arcanine, and now he was gone forever (remember, the Gen 1 remakes came out 1.5-2 years after RS, so all that time we assumed that they were never going back to the original mons they dropped). And so many expies! Quick - name a second-stage evolution, fully evolved, purple, amorphous, poison-type who uses acid sludge to attack! Muk? No, it's Swalot! (And then that got it's own expy in Garbodor...must we rehash the same ones again and again?)
I do want more Pokémon - for a franchise with 721 or so mons, there can be a lot going for it. But I'd like veterans back first, because Squirtle was awesome beyond reason. Loved that little guy. I want him back, and I want him to get a taunt/win screen with the Squirtle Squad shades.
Sceptile is from a generation that almost turned me off of Pokémon. By Gen 4, I started to come back around, but I'm definitely colder to a lot of the newer mons unless they really impress me. Of course, I don't like all Gen 1 and 2s unconditionally, nor do I hate all Gen 3-6s unconditionally, I just think it takes a lot more to impress me now that I'm older than it did when I was in middle school. And sometimes, it needs to grow - I'm finally coming to like Lucario after he was shoved up our ***es for an entire generation. But the best starters for me will always be the first ones I started with: Charizard and Squirtle.
Prediction: Wonder Red
Chance: 32.4%, Want: 41.2%
Nominations:
On that topic, why is Squirtle so far behind Ivysaur?
:007::squirtle: x 5 (look how cute he is!)

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
I think he discounted NPCs in game...
Umm, I don't quite understand what you mean. Can you please elaborate? There are officially 720 in existence at the moment, so that should mean that there are 720 Pokemon to choose from. 649 was the number of Pokemon available before Pokemon X and Y released.
Also, now that I think about it, shouldn't the Pokemon available in Pokeballs be excluded from that calculation as well, @KingBro1?

D

Deleted member

*720 (721 if you count the unreleased Volcanion.)
Umm, I don't quite understand what you mean. Can you please elaborate? There are officially 720 in existence at the moment, so that should mean that there are 720 Pokemon to choose from. 649 was the number of Pokemon available before Pokemon X and Y released.
Also, now that I think about it, shouldn't the Pokemon available in Pokeballs be excluded from that calculation as well, @KingBro1?
Honestly, not much would change in the grand scheme of things if I used a higher or lower number of Pokemon in my calculation.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I meant the poke ball pokemon that are available in game, it seems I miscounted however as there are only 42 poke ball-mons in smash 4....

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Sceptile
Chance - 12%
Yeah, I get where it's coming from, but I don't think Sakurai cares about having a Fire/Water/Grass trio in the game, or adding any more Pokemon, for that matter. If we were to get a grass type to complete the trio, however, it would probably be Sceptile, which is why the chance isn't more like 2%.

Want - 15%
Hm...Even in the world of Pokemon, I can think of a few that I would prefer to Sceptile. Sceptile's not really got any specific claim to fame, either. He's only being mentioned at all because he makes the most sense to complete a Fire/Water/Grass trio, and I don't want a Pokemon to get in just for that.

Nominate Toon Zelda x3, Anna x2.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I haven't been following this thread that much, have we decided to defer Roy and Ryu?

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I haven't been following this thread that much, have we decided to defer Roy and Ryu?
The voting for them is no longer frozen so we can nominate them, but so far we haven't covered either of them since then...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Been a while due to working on many propaganda duties, but I'm back in a mood for some rating. Let the judgement begin!
Sceptile

With the number of Pokemon we have in the roster and the fact that we just had Mewtwo as our first Pokemon DLC character, I can't imagine Sakurai oversaturating the roster with another Pokemon character. Just imagine, there would be plenty of salt if Pokemon got to have two DLC reps over any other series regardless of their popularity or importance. Then there's the fact that the team might feel that Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire doesn't need any extra promotion from Smash. And let;s not forget that Blaziken is clearly more popular that him despite that fact that he would be yet another Fire Type or "possible" Falcon clone.

Want: 30%
Swampert for Master Race! Actually I'm in different on Sceptile and wouldn't mind the guy as long as he's proven more effective or unique as Ivysaur given that a 3rd Gen rep would be nice. Plus I'll do anything to see Leaf Blade in glorious HD and play as another grass type fighter (Sorry Chestnaught).

Nomination: Princess Daisy x5

Last edited:

sogeki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MexicanSaiyan
Been a while due to working on many propaganda duties, but I'm back in a mood for some rating. Let the judgement begin!
Sceptile

With the number of Pokemon we have in the roster and the fact that we just had Mewtwo as our first Pokemon DLC character, I can't imagine Sakurai oversaturating the roster with another Pokemon character. Just imagine, there would be plenty of salt if Pokemon got to have two DLC reps over any other series regardless of their popularity or importance. Then there's the fact that the team might feel that Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire doesn't need any extra promotion from Smash. And let;s not forget that Blaziken is clearly more popular that him despite that fact that he would be yet another Fire Type or "possible" Falcon clone.

Want: 30%
Swampert for Master Race! Actually I'm in different on Sceptile and wouldn't mind the guy as long as he's proven more effective or unique as Ivysaur given that a 3rd Gen rep would be nice. Plus I'll do anything to see Leaf Blade in glorious HD and play as another grass type fighter (Sorry Chestnaught).

Nomination: Princess Daisy x5

Oh yeah, we should do Daisy before I make the chart. Let me fix my nominations.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Sceptile
Chance- 10%
Would make up for the lack of a grass starter (especially with Ivysaur gone), has popularity, and is from an unrepresented generation with a recent remake. That's about it. Not much, but it's something at least. I don't really expect to see another Pokemon as DLC.
Want- 70%
Gen 3 is the stuff. And Sceptile is pretty cool. Not sure I want to see another Pokemon this time around, though.

Wonder Red Predictions- 21%
I must be a bit shaky on the rules. Why aren't we doing the concept at the top of the nomination list?
Nominations:
Roy x5

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
SCEPTILE
Chance: 30%
- His chances are low because of there already being six Pokemon reps, granted, Mario has seven reps, but one of them is a disgusting clone. Sceptile has the best chance out of the remaining *insert big number here because **** math* due to the Hoenn remakes, and it'd make ALOT of sense to fill in the gap between starters too. His moveset would be super easy to implement, too.

-
Generation 3 is my favorite generation, and Sceptile is my favorite Pokemon. It would be so damn awesome to play as Sceptile in Smash Bros. Badass moveset, blinding speed, awesome attacks, and his Final Smash would be kickass with his Mega Evolution and Christmas tree missle. A lot of people say that Blaziken is more popular, and in some areas, he may be, but Sceptile has more credit in the Anime, being Ash's Hoenn starter, and would help equal out the starters in Smash Bros. Why have two Fire starters and a Water starter? Plus, imaging having a four-player Smash with four starters? Pikachu vs. Charizard vs. Sceptile vs. Greninja? Two words: Kick. Ass. You know, I go around and I see all these neat illustrations showing off a great idea for a fighter's moveset. I've been making one for Krystal, but I may but that on hold and start up one for Sceptile. Actually, I think I'll get on that now...

Prediction: Wonder Red - 25% Chance/30% Want
- Note, my prediction does not reflect my opinion

Nomination: Wolf Link/Shadow Wolf & Midna x5
- Twilight Princess was my favorite Legend of Zelda game, and I loved playing as Wolf Link & Midna. Midna was hilarious and playing as a wolf was kickass! I really wish that these two had gotten on the Brawl roster instead of Toon Link.

Top Bottom