• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
1. It's a crackpot nomination made for the hell of it.
2. Complain to the one who added him to the list multiple times.
3. *Yawn*
Welp, I'm guaranteed a break from this thread on that day then. Expect inactivity to equal quad zeros from me.

"Dev time's over, Sakurai." :wolf:

RATINGS

Wolf

Chance - 97.5%: Wolf is the only semi-clone remaining from Brawl. Now that Lucas has been confirmed to return, people have banked on Wolf as a near lock. After all, both characters meet the fate of being cut and having their moves transferred to their moveset originators (Ness & Fox respectively), so what would be fair about bringing back one but not the other? A further point begging Wolf's inclusion would be to reveal him after the upcoming StarFox E3 trailer. This will be convenient because it correlates with the anticipated new entry of a long-awaited franchise and Lucas would be releasing in the month of June.

The only potent concern I see for Wolf is that he has an expected factor to him, meaning that fans observe the pattern of Lucas and assume this means Wolf is guaranteed. No matter what, make sure you cast a vote for him in the ballot to reaffirm this belief. He breaks Top 10 in almost ever poll sampling I've seen, so if we're under the impression that we're getting another veteran before the ballot winner, Wolf scoring almost in the lead of vets cements his comeback. The only real competition I see in his vote tier is Snake. If yesterday told us anything, Wolf definitely has the edge here.

Want - 100%: Yes, Wolf needs to come back now! We're getting Lucas and we can't just leave a Brawl cut behind while the iron sears white. I know many people miss him and he had a very cunning, brutal distinction from Fox & Falco moveset wise. I really enjoyed using him in Brawl as well, so an updated version of him would feel even better.

PREDICTION

Shovel Knight

Chance - 9.10%
Want - 49.5%

NOMINATIONS

Concept: No DLC Characters After Fighter Ballot x3
Galacta Knight x1
Sceptile x1

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Because Saitou was in a game on the Nintendo DS (guess which one?). So on that technicality, he's in. :happysheep:
It's written in the OP that characters have to "originate" from a video game so on that technicality, he's out. :happysheep:
I doubt spending a day rating a manga character who will only get zeroes would be very well received anyway.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Let's have fun with this thing. :wolf:
WOLF:
CHANCE: 99%

• There was ZERO reason to leave him out in the first place.
  • There are ZERO obstacles in his way.
  • There are practically ZERO people opposed to him.
  • There's a ZERO chance that he will not sell well.
  • Ergo, there's ZERO reason for him to not return.
  • And there's ZERO reason for me to dislike his return.
Now take each ZERO and add it to may want score:
WANT: 1000000%

And there you have it.

SHOVEL KNIGHT PREDICTION: 16%
I think his supporters are a little too confident in his chances. Time will tell.

NOMINATIONS: IVYSAUR × 5

:231:

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Wolf
Chance: 95%
To be honest, I'd be surprised if he missed the DLC. He's a very beloved veteran, the most wanted one to return around the world (especially now that Lucas is confirmed), his series is getting revived and has a new game coming out this year, and it would be easier to implement him then most other characters. There's a lot of good reasons to bring him back and very few negative ones that could hinder him, and because of that, I feel he's probably the most likely characters to become playable.

Want: 90%
He's my favorite of the Star Fox trio and I'd love to see him come back.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
The funny thing is there's THREE Star Wolf theme's in the music section. I know those are mainly for the games and not Wolf himself, but kinda funny he has 3 theme music variations already in the game.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I've been thinking about participating in this for the longest time, but I'm not so great when it comes to writing....
:wolf:"You're on my turf now! Watch…your… step…:4fox:!"

-Wolf

Chances: 95%
I don't see why not as seeing Lucus and Mewtwo as trophies didn't stop them.
He's a major part to the series and Fox's longtime rival.
Also popularity blah blah, yada yada.
If you watch the secret taunts segments with Wolf in the Lylat Cruise stage, his character model is different from Brawl's. Completley new for what reason?

Want: 88%
Totally. Though, I'm also wanting Krystal, but I don't see it killing her chances entirely. (Would hate to not have a NEW Star Fox character)

Prediction: Shovel Knight 25%

Nominations: Zael x5

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
It's written in the OP that characters have to "originate" from a video game so on that technicality, he's out. :happysheep:
I doubt spending a day rating a manga character who will only get zeroes would be very well received anyway.
The TC has spoken, and some quick more thorough research confirms he originates from manga/anime. and with that, the nominations list has been updated. :smash:

On the same note, someone nominated Popeye x5 early on. The only reason I didn't question this is because
A) Bill Trinen mentioned him as the character he was voting for (even if it's as a joke, I could equally see where it wouldn't be),
and B) I kinda think he has a rather unique "exception to the rule" history with Nintendo, considering Nintendo themselves published a few early games with him and Donkey Kong was inspired by it.

I don't think Popeye has even a 0.05% chance, but it could make for an interesting history discussion. I'm inclined to let it stay for the very Nintendo-centric reasons above (nobody has nominated him in like a week, so it might be awhile anyway), but your call @ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice . What does everyone think?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Wolf:

Chance: 99%
I won't do this for anyone but Wolf. There's nothing blocking him at all, whatsoever, no questions asked.

Want: 60%
Honestly... I just don't care all that much.

Nominate Lip x5

Didn't realize how low she was... oh, and this fell out of my alerts for some reason. So I'm back lol.

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
Alright, my turn~

Day 12 : WOLF

Chance:
95%
It's no surprise that everyone wants him back. He's very liked and he have high chances of coming back. But then there's also a chance he won't. All depends on Sakurai and the fans.

Want:
10%
Now before you jump on me and tie me on a pole to burn (jk jk) I like Wolf. He kinda reminds me of an evil Vegeta. I did play with him a couple of times but if he doesn't make it, I won't miss him that much.

Shovel Knight :
Prediction:
50-55%
Nominations: (Wish I could nominate Geno again but I'll go with another one I would love to play with) Daisy x5

(EDIT : Alright I saw that you can vote again for the same character but for today, I'll let Daisy have the votes, I will switch with the two [I may be wrong but heh])

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Wolf chances: 99.97%
I'm not giving an absolute 100% under to the "Anything can happen" clause, but in all honesty I'm sure I could give him this absolute chances score and take very little risk to be wrong. With his sizable fan support who's certainly much more than a vocal minority and Lucas coming back which means Sakurai and Nintendo clearly cares about those who miss these cut characters, and pretty much nothing holding him back as this point (I think he was cut in the first place due to a combination of time constraints and low priority, but that's not an issue anymore), I think I'm right to be so confident.

Oh, and don't forget the next Starfox game, which adds yet another reason to bring him back, or at least yet another reason to not let him cut, and that's not because he would "promote the next Starfox", but simply because cutting a Starfox character is like bad publicity for this game (though I'm half-expecting an offer like "Register Starfox and Smash on Club Nintendo's successor and get a free download code for Wolf"). But even without it I would have give him a very high chances score like 99.95% anyway.

Wolf want: 15%
In all honesty I always kinda found Wolf to be a character who tries too hard to be unique despite using another character's concept as a base for his moveset. That said, my brother loved using him and watching him playing with Wolf in Brawl's Classic mode was the first time I ever saw Crazy Hand alongside Master Hand and not in Boss Battle Mode, so he kinda means something special to me. I also admit he has star power as character due to being an important figure of the Starfox series and because of this I find his cut to be rather unfortunate. I'm just hoping for a new Final Smash though...

(Insert 75% of original want score cut because no custom moves for Mewtwo rant here)

Shovel Knight prediction: 8%
Yeah another third-party who I think is realistically about as likely as a Roller Coaster Tycoon park visitor and will be overrated.

Nominating:
Playable newcomer: Roller Coaster Tycoon park visitor x5
Concept: DLC characters get custom moves (including Mewtwo through patching) x5

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Wolf
Chances - 99.5%

Iwata specifically said Lucas was brought back by demand. There's probably a lot of places people were demanding for him (Miiverse, e-mails, etc.), and I bet 80% of people who asked for Lucas probably mentioned Wolf in the same sentence, plus a decent additional number just asking for Wolf. Plus Star Fox coming up. Plus common sense. Wolf is the most obvious character to bring back, and if he's coming back he's planned already. A fan ballot vote for Wolf is a vote in vain.

Want - 90%
Yeah, for sure. Not someone I'll probably play a lot, but he's not as super intensive for the development team as a newcomer, so he's not in competition with those I want.

Paper Mario x5

@XenoBrawler610 , you are the winner of a bonus FIVE nominations to spend as you wish.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Looks like it's Wolf's turn. The most obvious roster addition there is that's not already confirmed or leaked... and I'm not sure I'm even as sure about the leaked characters, heh.

Here's my picture of the categories I'll use for assessing characters again again...
These points are for making a best estimate of their chances, although the weight of each category is still unknown at this time. Other unforeseen factors could keep the character from being added. I'll likely post this at the start of all my assessments.

Wolf

Popularity
Wolf is really popular. He's a cut vet with an actually unique moveset and really no reason not to be on the roster. After it came to light that he didn't make the cut and Mewtwo was announced, he quickly ascended to a top 3 most wanted position for DLC. After the announcement of Lucas, he's easily become the most wanted vet. And since vets generally get more requests anyways, Wolf has made a strong bid for the most wanted character period. Although, he likely didn't get the votes to reflect it on the ballot since many assumed he'd have to be added after Lucas's announcement regardless of ballot results.

Importance
Arguably, after Fox, Wolf is the most the next most iconic character in the game. He's Fox's rival and equal but also his antithesis in a way. Falco and the rest of the team are arguably all just teammates under Fox. Wolf stands toe to toe with Fox. Yes, Andross is the true villain in the Star Fox games for the most part, but Wolf is the true rival and enough of a villainous personality to fulfill that roll in Smash for Star Fox. Sakurai himself even recognized Wolf's importance as he was the first choice for a second Star Fox rep in Melee. Sakurai decided to go with Falco instead however so that he could have a character that looked less like Fox, fearing that he couldn't make Wolf appear unique enough on the Gamecube. In terms of video games in general, Wolf, like many of the Star Fox characters, are as recognizable by their dialogue as anything else... and Wolf has some of the more memorable lines. Even someone with only a basic knowledge of Star Fox would probably recognize a few of Wolf's lines.

Uniqueness
This has been a bit of a contentious debate in past, which is kind of silly frankly. Some say Wolf is a clone basically, and most who make this claim apparently have never played Wolf, or think one Final Smash and some vaguely similar specials equals "clone status". Fact is, Wolf is unique. Maybe not Snake or ICs unique, but as unique as any character could be and yet still be called "not unique" by some. It's the fact that he comes from the same universe as Fox and Falco that makes it easier to draw similarities. Pit and Falco share some similar specials in terms of basic functions too, but I bet you've never heard them called similar in a complaint. Fox and Kirby share about as many similar moves as Fox and Wolf even! I partially blame "Landmaster" since it's the one thing about Wolf that was clearly a cloned move. Still, I liked how he said, "We're gonna have fun with this thing". So yeah... Wolf was unique in Brawl. BUT, there's the chance he could be even more unique in Smash 4! There's nothing written that says he has to be exactly the same. Although, I'll admit, I hope he's mostly exactly like he was in Brawl minus the Final Smash perhaps. I have an idea for another Star Fox character that could bring a whole new level of uniqueness to the Star Fox team without having to change an already good character.

Relevance
Wolf is on the threshold of big time relevance. The Star Fox franchise may have been dormant recently but it's about to wake up. Star Fox Wii U is coming this year. Miyamoto himself is working on it and has dubbed 2015 "The Year of the Star Fox". With the delay of Zelda, it really looks like this could be true for Nintendo. So little about it has been said however, but being one of their big properties you can bet it'll be their headliner with Splatoon holding us over for the summer. And Star Fox Wii U's timing could not be more perfect if you wanted to tie something in to Smash for it. Not only is Wolf popular and many believe he has to join the roster now with Lucas's announcement... he has Star Fox Wii U ready to launch him. Yes, Wolf is ready, and Star Fox has the relevancy in coming to back him up.

Representation
Star Fox has some sad representation. Many like to say Donkey Kong got the short end of the stick, and granted, DK is a very popular franchise and it kind of did too by not getting a newcomer this time around. But Star Fox, nearly as big a Nintendo property, actually had a character cut. Star Fox has less reps now than it did in Brawl. Just two from a franchise with many interesting and capable characters. So I say, "absolutely", Star Fox needs more reps. But I'll go further, Star Fox could use two reps. I believe Star Fox and Donkey Kong are the two franchises that legitimately need and could quite possibly have two additional reps each. Both franchises have two different characters that regularly get into the top 10 in character requests. Wolf and Krystal. K. Rool and Dixie. If any of you remember my Krystal assessment, you'll know that I said that Star Fox may even have the better odds of the two. Not only is Wolf the most popular vet, making him relatively easy to add, and is largely considered a shoe-in separate from the ballot votes... but Krystal regularly proves to have as much popularity, if not a little more, than Dixie. Of course, K. Rool is the most wanted newcomer and Dixie is no slouch in polls either. Both franchises could use two more reps, imo.

Limitations
Wolf has no limitations. He's hugely popular and requested. He's a Star Fox icon, the anti-Fox. He's unique, okay, seriously... he is. Okay, there's that Final Smash, but still. He's about to be as relevant as any prospective character out there, and unlike Inkling, he's tested and proved. Miyamoto alone lends credibility to Star Fox Wii U anyways if there was any question, and yes I think that influences Sakurai and co's decisions. He's from a franchise in desperate need of more representation. I'd even go so far as to say that Wolf missing almost seems too convenient, what with Star Fox Wii U coming out and this DLC thing happening at the same time. It's like someone at Nintendo saw the opportunity. So, I repeat, Wolf has no real limitations in the slightest. The only question is why wasn't he added in the first place? Well, maybe he wasn't quite relevant again yet and maybe Nintendo always intended to make you pay separate for him.

Final Assessment

Chance: 97%

Like I said at the beginning, no other character is more obviously going to be added than Wolf. Even the leaked Roy and Ryu feel a little less certain just because they make a bit less sense than Wolf and I have to trust the data mining to mean that they must be in. The moment Lucas was announced, the next thought on a lot of people's minds was, "Wolf has to be in too". Now whether this will all come down to be true remains to be seen. If Nintendo didn't add Wolf however, it would be among their stupidest mistakes. Few things make more sense than to add Wolf at this point. Vet status helps, relevancy helps, popularity helps. If you're working for Sakurai you might say, "why not add the character that people want more than any other, would be relatively easy to port, AND we could tie in with an up coming game to get the cash flowing. Win, win, win scenario if you ask me. But Einstein once said something about stupidity so I tossed in a 3% chance that Wolf doesn't make it.

Want: 99%

Wolf was my best secondary in Brawl. I mained Ganon, but Wolf was nearly as loved. He played amazingly. So feral and rough. I loved the way he moved with that crazy air mobility and wonky momentum. His moves were aggressive and weird. How does that upsmash work? Speaking of upsmash, Dacus will be missed. I loved all those claw moves too. Uair, jab, dsmash, and my favorite, ftilt. Loved his side B hitting sharp with the sweetspot and his up B grinding people like Ganon's Flame Chain. I loved all his moves. RAR Bairs all day. He had the best taunts too imo, that howl. And arguably the best victory screens, "weaklings, the bunch of you". He had attitude. Whenever I look back at Wolf play in Brawl, I think about how much character we're missing. I'd pay double the Mewtwo price to get Wolf back. And yet, I docked that 1%. Why? Well, I've committed to pushing for Krystal's inclusion. She needs the help more and my investment in her would make her inclusion all the sweeter. I want them both, but I am able to let go of "1%" of Wolf want with the confidence that he'll get in regardless.

I can't believe it, but I think Wolf managed to make me write my longest post yet... and that's saying something. Hey, I actually had fun with this thing~

~~~~

Time to assess how the thread will assess Shovel Knight....

Predictions for Shovel Knight

Chance: 6.6%
Want: 39.6%

~~~~

Another of my characters has ascended with Shovel Knight. Lets make sure that "Any NPC becomes playable" request happens before Ridley.

3 Points to *Concept: Any NPC becomes playable*
1 Points to Sceptile
- (that one's for you Delzethin!)
1 Point to Bayonetta?

Last edited:

Martingale

Smash Apprentice
Who Brought Moon Moon Along? Wolf Chances

Chance: 85%

Wolf is in a relatively good position; a beloved character, the last Brawl veteran that can feasibly return with ease, with great backing and series potential to promote sales. The people support him, the devs would like an easy inclusion, and he fulfills people's main reason to want K. Rool in, as another villain edit: he's more of a rival but hey close enough. Let's just say that Wolf has everything going for him, and the only thing that could potentially hold him back would be Sakurai saying "alright, enough veterans, this DLC is getting stale". Otherwise, get ready for the Wolf to prowl again.

Want: 45%
For some time I've wanted to learn a StarFox character in Smash WiiU. I've had troubles with Fox and Falco, and maybe Wolf would redeem what I don't like (I'm more about slower defensive play I think, whereas I find Fox a bit gung ho). While I won't be screaming from the rooftops if Wolf gets in, it might be a nice piece of DLC for me to pick up.

Shovel Knight Prediction: 14%
I get the feeling it's going to be a hard day's Knight for Shovel Knight. They're rushing Japan localisation now I believe, but honestly I'm not sure if a Western indie character who wasn't exactly earth-shattering (I'm hoping you dig all these puns) has the groundbreaking potential to make it into Smash. If I recall, Diddy Kong is the only Western designed character in the game right now (please correct me on this if wrong). Let's call a spade a spade; Shovel Knight might be dead and buried this time next year. That's the quagmire indie games have to deal with, and I doubt Nintendo will turf out a relatively unknown character.

(I'm so sorry for all those puns. I really am.)

Put me down for my daily dose of 5 Professor Layton votes.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

K. Rool:
Day missed.

Banjo-Kazooie:
Chance: 9%
Want: 85%

Isaac:
Chance: 55%
Want: 75%

Bandana Dee:
Chance: 40%
Want: 100%

Captain Toad:
Chance: 45%
Krystal:
Chance: 25%
Want: 50%

Dixie Kong:
Chance: 66%

Impa:
Chance: 28%

Shantae:
Chance: 1%
Want: 5%

Inklings:
Chance: 62%
Want: 70%

Rayman:
Chance: 33%
Want: 90%

Snake:
Day missed. Whoops.

Oops I missed Snake...;; Oh well, Wolf's turn and he's incredibly straight forward.

:wolf:
Chance: 100%
Mewtwo is back. Lucas is back. Roy is back. Wolf was more popular than Lucas and Roy, and easier to import assets(apparently) than Roy and Mewtwo.
Wolf has no technical issues holding him back like the Ice Climbers, he's a fairly straight forward addition overall that is more popular than a portion of the current roster.
Mewtwo would of sold the best, but Wolf is a character who is another guaranteed sale. No way Nintendo's going to miss out on this, especially with a new Star Fox incoming(finally)

Want: 80%
Wolf is my favourite Starfox character, and was one of my favourites of the cut vets(I still miss Squirtle and Ivysaur), and would love to see him back...
...just not as much as I'd prefer to see some of my most wanted newcomers.

Shovel Knight Prediction: 14%
I get the feeling it's going to be a hard day's Knight for Shovel Knight. They're rushing Japan localisation now I believe, but honestly I'm not sure if a Western indie character who wasn't exactly earth-shattering (I'm hoping you dig all these puns) has the groundbreaking potential to make it into Smash. If I recall, Diddy Kong is the only Western designed character in the game right now (please correct me on this if wrong). Let's call a spade a spade; Shovel Knight might be dead and buried this time next year. That's the quagmire indie games have to deal with, and I doubt Nintendo will turf out a relatively unknown character.

(I'm so sorry for all those puns. I really am.)
I feel like Shovel Knight puns are a pitfall we could all easily fall into, so don't worry about the puns Martingale. Most of us on Smashboards are pretty grounded and down to earth.

Shovel Knight prediction: 16%
Popular indie choice that rivals Shantae minus having multiple games.

Nominations:
Vaati X 5

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Wolf:
Chance: 100%.
Watch me be wrong.
Want: 85%. Mostly indifferent but Wolf is cool as ****.

---------------
Shovel Knight Prediction: 15%. I have a feeling this guy will be overrated hard.
---------------
Nominations:
Assist Trophy Prrrromotion x2
Jill Valentine x2
Nightmare x1

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
99% Chance for Wolf, this will be the only time I post without an explanation, though, Sakurai may troll and may not reveal Wolf at E3, but later..

Prediction:
Shovel Knight 6.78%
This should be a bit lower than Shantae, something tells me the .01% raters will overload.

Nominations:
x5 Quote

Last edited:

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Yay it's Wolf.

Wolf (Star Fox)
Chances:90%
I will be shocked if Wolf does not come back. Not only he is one of the most popular cut vets to not return, he actually has a reason for his homecoming this time with a new game on the WiiU. I don't know if it'll be good or not, but Wolf is pretty much confirmed to be in the game with apparently a mode that has his name in it? Don't remember. The only chance he might not get in is if they think Crystal is a better choice as she isn't a clone, but I don't think that's likely.

Want:90%
I started to main Wolf at the very end of Brawl's lifespan(to be exact, it was around Summer 2014-only 2 or three months before Sm4sh's release), but I have to say, those few months were probably the most fun I had with Brawl. I used Falcon and Marth before Wolf, and while they were all fine and stuff, Wolf was the first character that I felt connected. The speed he moved, the fantastic moveset, his awesome taunts, cool appearance, lovely voice...okay I need to stop there, but what I want to say is that I fell in love with Wolf. He was just too much fun.
However, it has been some time since the confirmation of his cut. And while I was devasted before, I had learnt my lesson and tried to play with as many characters as I possibly can. With new potential mains here and there, the hole I had in my heart was replenished a little, and thus my want has waned by just a slight bit. Of course, I would still be delighted if he returns, I am always open to more mains. It just that....

I have a new hole in my heart that needs to be fixed.

Predictions: Shovel Knight 15%
He'll be slightly higher than Shantae, but not by a lot.

Nominations: Lip x5
WHY THE **** HAS SHE ONLY GOTTEN ONE NOM!?
...by the way, what is the "Fire Emblem song" thing at the end? I'm assuming it's the song that was on the FE01 and FE06 commercials, but why the heck is it being nominated?

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
...by the way, what is the "Fire Emblem song" thing at the end? I'm assuming it's the song that was on the FE01 and FE06 commercials, but why the heck is it being nominated?
It's a song from FE Awakening which plays in the 10th chapter.

Last edited:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
It's written in the OP that characters have to "originate" from a video game so on that technicality, he's out.
And there I was wondering why the hell he had been added up to x15... :chuckle:

Welp, I'm guaranteed a break from this thread on that day then. Expect inactivity to equal quad zeros from me.
Looks like you won't have to stay away from the thread like it's the plague after all. Isn't that sweet?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Wolf
Chance - 92%
I wonder about Wolf. He clearly has the best chance out of all the characters but I can't help but wonder if people are being a bit TOO sure of themselves. Almost everybody seems to act like he can already be found on the character select screen when he hasn't even been announced yet. I think it's incredibly likely...but I still think it's dangerous to act like he's already in the game, he isn't. If I was a Wolf fan I wouldn't be taking anything for granted.

Want - 20%
Don't have much interest in him. I'd rather have Krystal.

Nominations:
Bayonetta x3
Chibi Robo x2

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Wolf Chance 100%
Want 100%

Its inevitable. We will get Wolf, and I'm happy with that.

Nominating Concept: Rhythm Heaven Character x 5

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Wolf
Chance: 95%
Lucas and Wolf were in pretty much identical situations for the entirety of the speculation period of this game. People thought "Both will come back" or "Both will get cut" very few thought one would stay and one would go, due to the fact that they were both characters who came from series who arguably didn't need the extra rep, but were semi-unique from the base character. With Lucas now confirmed, I feel like it's only a matter of time until we get an announcement of his return. If Lucas can come back who is from an essentially dead series from a game only released in Japan, surely Wolf can return with a new game in his series coming this year. He doesn't have the popularity of other characters (although he still has a good amount of support), but I feel he's one of the few characters who doesn't need it, he was likely chosen to return alongside Lucas and he's being worked on now. If you ask me, it's a matter of when, rather than if.

Want: 25%
Indifferent to him. If he's in, cool, if he's not, oh well. I don't miss him a ton. That said I didn't really feel like I missed Lucas all that much, but got super excited when he got announced, so maybe I want Wolf more than I think I do.

Shovel Knight Prediction: 15%

Nominations:
RH Character x3
Themed Stage Packs x2

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Wolf O'Donnell

Chance - 92.5% - While not an absolute, nothing really is at this point, we should consider him a near lock. A new game on the horizon, a popular vet, it looks to be that there are plenty of DLC characters, so what reason could he be not in? Mostly arbitrary.

Want - 100% - Heh, wouldn't mind this guy. Barely a semi-clone during brawl. Brawl had a perfectly fine roster in my eyes, the only thing was characters missing instead of bad inclusions, so I'm all for him.

Shovel Knight Prediction - 7.56% - If we go higher than Shantae, we have a problem.

Nominations
New Guidance Conversations X3
Anna (FE) X2

D

Deleted member

Wolf: :wolf:
Chance and Want: 100%
There is literally nothing holding Wolf back. He is popular, he is a veteran, he's easier to develop because of his clone status (but still unique enough to not be hated/unenjoyable), and is definitely the most supported character for DLC worldwide now that :4lucas:and :4mewtwo: are DLC. I've never been more confident in a character making it in before than Wolf. Besides that he was fun. Besides that he is an important character in Starfox. Honestly, its a wasted opportunity if he isn't DLC.

Prediction for Shovel Knight: 5.9% (if we predicted want it would be closer to 75, but I digress)
Nominations: Concept- Any NPC becomes playable x5

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird dog man

Chance 99%
not worth talking about. Has more going for him than most newcomers.

Want 50%
never played him much in brawl. Dont care TOO much.

Predictions 5% expecting people to be way too generous

Om non noms
wonder red 2
ridley 2
Viridi 1

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
:wolf:

Chances: 99.99%

Practically half-confirmed, man, can you really see DLC happening without Wolf O'Donnel? He was the most obvious choice before :4lucas: got announced, and he is the most obvious choice now. He had no reason to get cut, outside of many time contraints. Which still make him a worse cut than anyone ever in the series, outside of :4mewtwo:.

Want: 95%

He's awesome.

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Wolf
Chance: +90%

I Hope that we get something new, someday... Wolf is cool, but there are a TON of characters that deserve better than a semiclone moveset, Wolf included.

Shovel Knight
Prediction: 25%
Is one of the best games in quite a few time, but his lack of representation in Japan and being Tird Party/Indie is detrimental.

Noms.
Bub/Bob 2x
Quote 2x
Ice Climbers 1x

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Yes it's my (insert black curse word that is synonymous to 'mah boi') Wolf

Chance: 99.99%
There's literally no reason he was cut, and no reason he shouldn't return. Now that Lucas is back, Wolf is nothing short of a shoo-in. Also, he's the only sensible veteran that people still care about

Wolf is my most wanted veteran to return now that Lucas is back. I had fun with this dude, and I want to have more fun with this guy. Also, wolves are my favorite animal.

Shovel Knight Predictions: 10%. People will overrate the heck out of this guy.
Chance: .01%
Want: 0%

Nominations:
9-Volt x4
Endou Mamoru x1

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Wolf's Chances: 90%

Like what I said about Snake, Wolf has the advantage of having already existing assets, so it'd be quicker and cheaper to make. He's also a popular character, so we know he will sell. And that upcoming Star Fox game for the Wii U makes for a nice cross promotion. It'd be foolish, from a business stance, for Nintendo to not sell him.

Wolf's Want: 2%

Looks like I'm going to be the first, and only, to admit, I do not like Wolf. Back when Brawl was coming out, I had a sinking feeling that, should he make it in, he would be similar to Fox, and I wasn't too far off. I know he has some uniqueness, more than Falco even, but the whole Blaster/Reflector combo was already done twice before and he really felt redundant to me. Had Falco never made it into Melee, I might have been more accepting of him, but since that isn't the case, I rather have Falco and see Krystal, being the only one to potentially break from the formula, make it in instead. The only reason I gave Wolf more than 0% is since he is somewhat unique, not enough for me, but at least he's not Roy. With that said, just because I don't want Wolf in does not mean he shouldn't. Like I said, Nintendo would be making a big mistake passing this opportunity.

-----
Shovel Knight's Chances: 8%

-----

Nominate Simon Belmont x5

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Wolf
Chance: +90%

I Hope that we get something new, someday... Wolf is cool, but there are a TON of characters that deserve better than a NONclone moveset, Wolf included.
Fixed.

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Wolf

Chance: 95% - Honestly, the only reason I took off 5% is because there's always an off chance. Honestly, he's the most popular veteran after Lucas, and I don't see how Roy got included before him (this really baffles me, I don't see how a character with less support gets in before a character with the second most wanted rating in the veterans). The only thing he has bad about him is somewhat clone attributes, but again, Roy is more a Marth clone than Wolf is a Fox clone. There really shouldn't be anything holding him back.

Want as a pre-ballot character: 80% - Never played as him in Brawl, but I like the idea of bringing back veterans. Now typically, I support unique veterans such as Ice Climbers and Snake over clones, but Wolf is an exception. Compared to Fox and Falco, Wolf felt unique, and while the "triple land-master" thing was a bit redundant, Star Fox deserves another rep.
Want as the winner of the ballot: 1% - Should we vote for veterans in the Smash Ballot? I personally think yes, as it tells the developers what characters we want to see in Smash. Should veterans be chosen as the winner of the ballot? While technically yes, I feel that this would be a cop-out on the developers part, and it just shoots the wanted newcomers like K. Rool down. Personally, I feel that veterans should be looked at in the ballot, exemplifying a want for these characters, and added as a side thing to the roster of DLC.

...And seriously, how Roy before Wolf? :confused:

Shovel Knight: 16.57% - Really? Even this seems a bit generous for him. He just doesn't have anything going for him.

X5 Ice Climbers

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Wolf:

Chance - 95%
The highest I'll be rating a character whose data is not currently sitting in the 3DS coding. Long story short, Wolf has absolutely everything going for him. The only reason this is not a 99 or 100% rating is that, in a baffling turn of events, ROY of all veterans, is sitting in the 3DS coding, not the veteran who should pretty clearly receive priority, based on superior fan support and series importance. It seems like a stretch that he'd not make it in when Lucas and Roy both do, but I still can't shake the fear that they'd use his less-than-top tier ballot standing (although not a low one) as 'proof' of him not being in the same league. I really hope E3 or a future Direct quells this worry.

Want - 80%
He was maybe my fifth or sixth most played character in Brawl. I imagine he'd only become more fun to play in this game, where he wouldn't be a last-minute inclusion and where villains are in even shorter supply.

Shovel Knight Prediction - 2.5%

Nominate Chorus Kids x5

Top Bottom