• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Oliver, Guardian of Beauty

Chance: 1%
Want: 100%

- "I am Oliver, champion of beauty! Those feathered angels (Pit & Dark Pit) need my loving protection! I'll protect them from those unsightly cretins!"

- Well, he's too beautiful to be reduced to be a Marth clone or...*gasp* a Robin clone. He has moveset potential.

Lana, The White Witch

Chance: 10%

- My favorite character from Hyrule Warriors and one whose moveset oozes personality. Being able to summon magic blocks, magic walls, Deku Tree Sprouts, smaller versions of bosses like Gohma and even a Giant Cucco which would be suitable for a Final Smash. She's much more than just "kawaii animu gril".

- Skull Kid costume as an alternate for ultimate dose of salt. :troll:

Predictions

KOS-MOS: 1.2%
Impa: 1.3%

Nominations

Volga (Hyrule Warriors) x3
Ryouma (Fire Emblem) x2

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Oliver

Chance - 0% - The only reason I could think of that he would be nominated is memes.

Want - 0% - Who are we going to rate next? Archer 3-13?... Please don't.

Lana

Chance - 0% - I see here as as modern day Geno. Popular and related to a major Nintendo Property, but having no chance due to being 3rd party.

Want - 30% - Eh. I would prefer a true third party.

Predictions

KOS-MOS - 4.34% - I don't think she would do well...

Impa - 12.35% - Here we go again...

And again with extras!

Nominations

SSB5 has 3rd Party cuts X10

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Lana AND Oliver
Chance and Want for BOTH: Four Zeroes
(sorry, no joke for now...)
For Lana, copy and paste her Chance...
Chance: 0%
She is from a spin-off game that doesn't matter in the long scheme of things. Hyrule Warriors isn't represented via costumes and (sadly) the music isn't represented. Her ballot support is also very, very small and most fans of Hyrule Warriors would probably be clamoring for the costumes for Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf, have Impa in the game in either this incarnation or her Skyward Sword incarnation, or have Ganondorf's moveset be ripped from here. Moveset potential shouldn't really put a character above others when the character doesn't matter.
I don't think Legends add anything to her chances personally.
As for her Want...
Want: 0%
Between the last RTC and now, I have been playing Hyrule Warriors and it's a lot of fun. It's fun to use your favorite Zelda characters and just wreck some fools.
...But Lana is a character that I haven't really liked. The plot just felt like some fanfiction Tecmo made and they wanted to put in this character for the sake of having their own character. She is really out of place in the Zelda series as a whole in my opinion.
I don't really play as her much anyway; most of my time is going towards Link, Ganondorf, and Twili Midna.
As for Oliver... I have no comment on him really. Unimportant FE character is unimportant.

KOS-MOS Prediction: 7.18%
I don't think Project X Zone 2 means anything...
Impa Prediction: 13.13%
Oh boy, here we go.

Nominations: Chin 5x

Laniv

Smash Champion
Lana:

Chance: 1.3%
Not at this point.

Want: 60%
She's no Impa or Tingle, but she'll do.

Oliver:

...why though.

literally who?

Predictions for KOS-MOS: 3% Chance, 12% Want
Predictions for Impa: 31% Chance, 57% Want

Nominate Roll x 5

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Lana
Chance: 0.6%
She's not an actual Zelda character so Sakurai likely isn't going to pick her to help represent the Zelda franchise, and Hyrule Warriors is probably too new and small of a franchise to warrant playable representation of its own. I'll give the White Sorceress a small rating of 0.6%, which is only a 0.1% drop from my original rating.
Maybe if she somehow makes it into an actual Zelda game...

Want: 5.2%
Nothing against her character; I do love Hyrule Warriors, but I'm just not into the idea of her being playable in Smash.

Oliver
Chance: 0.1%
Instead of doing any research, I'll just take everyone else's word for it and give this boss character from the Fire Emblem franchise a small score of 0.1%.
Makes my job easier...

Want: 0.1%
Don't know; don't care. Picture doesn't exactly come off as appealing.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Oliver:
Double, beautiful zeroes

Lana:
The more characters HW puts in the spotlights, the less chance Lana has imo.

Want: 55%
To me, Lana is the blank slate needed to get the Deku Staff in Smash.

The Deku Staff, basically being any plant based weapon from TLoZ, would bring a loveletter from Zelda to Smash.

But the Book of Sorcery, while unique, would only bring a single weapon from a single spin-off game in the form of a character with a single appearance.

Both would be unique, only one would be worthwhile.

(SOREEE Azure)

Undo Dog x5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Lana and Oliver:

Chance and Want:0%

KOS-MOS Prediction: 2.54%

Impa:19.76%

Nominate Lloyd Irving x5

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Lana:

Chance: 5%

Decent following, but her appearance in a spinoff ruins her chance. Her third party status is also a thing to think about for which Tecmo solely published the game in Japan themselves, making her low priority. Still a better chance than Ryu Hayabusa and Kasumi.

Want: 85%
A happy blue haired mage with massive moveset potential and the use of a Warriors fighting system? Definitely my second most wanted Tecmo character next to Lu Bu.

Oliver:

Little requests can be the main factor to stop this beautiful man.

Want: 80%

Beauty incarnate deserves to be playable. :troll:

Predictions for KOS-MOS: 3%
Predictions for Impa: 28%

Nominate Lanky Kong x 5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
All zeroes. They don't even deserve snide comments to justify it.

KOS-MOS prediction: 0.5%
Impa prediction: 9.9%

Nom: non-playable indies x5

Also: Inklings are reopening once the day ends.

Nominations
Raiden x2
Funky Kong x2
Groose
Raiden from Mortal Kombat or Metal Gear?

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Lana

While Hyrule Warriors was a successful game on the WiiU to the point it has a 3DS port, Lana isn't a true Zelda character. In fact, she's basically your modern day Geno; she was developed by a third party that appears in a game filled with Zelda characters. While she could make for an interesting mage-like moveset (which is a fighting style Smash could use more of), her third party + spin-off status and lack of ballot support don't help her much, especially with Zelda characters like Tetra, Impa, and Beast Ganon being the more probable candidates due to having far more ballot support and actually being first party characters.

Want: 1%

As interesting of a fighter she could be, I think there are far more deserving characters for the 5th Zelda slot.

Oliver

Chance and Want:

While returning from the local castle, Oliver was just walking down an open path leading to the nearby woods when he noticed a giant, floating object emerge from the nearby lake that resembled a dragon with extra armor.

"What a beautiful dragon!" exclaimed Oliver.

The floating object flew toward the sky. It then became enveloped in what looked like whirls of wind as a large hole suddenly opened up in front of it. The floating object flew through it, and the hole closed. Oliver, shocked, thought to himself, "That beam had a certain air of beauty to it, and so did that hole. Perhaps the gods blessed it with such profound beauty that it can do these beautiful things".

But suddenly, an explosion of energy appeared behind Oliver, blasting him so high that he eventually landed within the lake.

"Oh... ahh... I... cannot... fall here... It cannot... be... such a... loss... to beauty," muttered Oliver just seconds before he landed into the lake.

^Oliver's death quote as a boss in Path of Radiance

We then see where the object went when it floated through the hole. A shadowed figure can be seen talking in the next scene.

"What a pity, Oliver. Because of your boss characters status and minuscule ballot support, you have no possibility of joining Smash Bros.. but I'll help you. *Laughs*

^This line is based around a quote Zero says in 11th Pokemon movie, where he says, "What a pity, Giratina. Because of Dialga, you lost your ability to travel back to the real world... but I'll help you. *Laughs*

Then, a large pink blade emerges from the bottom of the object and attacks a nearby crystal. This attack is revealed to be the cause of that explosion that sent Oliver flying. Ominous music starts playing as the camera zooms into the control pit of the floating object as the perpetuator of the attack is revealed to be...

Regarding Chance:

While Oliver already has some form of representation in Smash thanks to his theme song, Power-Hungry Fool, appearing as one of the music pieces for the Castle Siege stage, he is nothing more than a minor boss character in both of the games he appeared in. When it comes to adding boss characters, the ones that are added are usually the ones that have the most importance to the story, like the main villain or the main villain's sidekick. Oliver is neither of those, so adding Oliver would be like adding Rawk Hawk from Paper Mario:TTYD or the Paint Roller from the Kirby series.

While he is playable in Radiant Dawn, the playable Fire Emblem characters that are picked for Smash are the ones that are the main stars from the games they come from (like Ike, Micaiah, Marth, Robin, etc.), not the ones that are support playable characters like Oliver. In that regard, adding Oliver would be like adding Libra or Cynthia from Fire Emblem Awakening.

Finally, he also has minuscule ballot support and fans are already starting to think 5 Fire Emblem reps are enough now that we have Roy. I think it's safe to conclude things aren't looking good for the beauty-fascinated man.

Regarding Want:

I'd take Micaiah over this power-hungry fool for a Fire Emblem rep from Ike's games, and in terms of Fire Emblem villains in the Smash roster, I'd take Validar over him; at least Validar was far more important to his game (from the Fire Emblem game that saved the franchise, whereas Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn were the low points of Fire Emblem in terms of sales) compared to Oliver, but even then, I'm more interested in seeing the main heroes of the Fire Emblem franchise join the Smash roster.

Predictions:

KOS-MOS (Xenosaga): 2.90%
Impa (Zelda): 20.27%

Nominations:

Fawful (Mario and Luigi): x5

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Oliver

Want: 90%
He would be fun to see, just we'd have to put him with another series so FE is overrepped.

Lana

Want: 1%

Predictions: KOS-MOS 1%

Predictions: Impa 24%

Nominations: Chin X5.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Not going to bother quoting my original post this time, I didn't say much...

Lana's chances: 1%

I still don't see a Hyrule Warriors original happening.

Want: 20%

I personally don't really want a Zelda newcomer this time around, and she wouldn't be one of my first picks if we had to get one...but she also wouldn't be one of my last.

nOliver: DOUBLE ZEROES

KOS-MOS rerate prediction: 2.37%
Impa rerate prediction: 21.67%

Nominations: Saki x5

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Lana:

Chance: 4%

Third party yadayadayada not enough requests blahblahblahblah hated in the Zelda fandom wahwahwahwahwha Not!Impa or Not!Ganon.

A Warriors character is something I've always wanted and she;s a good fit due to appearing in a Nintendo crossover property unlike Lu Bu. Haters gonna hate, but I would love to whack people with the Deku Stick or casts spells with the Book of Sorcery. And let's not forget the possibility of that sexy Cia alt.

Oliver

Chance and Want:

Minor Fire Emblem character who's only memorable because of a song already in the game and beauty for some reason. Plus, he is already redundant when we can have another mage like Micaiah instead. And by the way, he is one of the few heavyset characters that I would call ugly.

Predictions for KOS-MOS: 2%
Predictions for Impa: 19%

Nominate Asuka (Senran Kagura) x 5

Troykv

Smash Master
Late post

Oliver:

Double Zeroes

Lana:

Want: 50%

Predictions

Kos-Mos: 3.1%
Impa: 19.4%

Nominations:

Rerate! Tiki x3
Ayumi Tachibana x2

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Quad Zero Powers Activate!

Lana's Chance: 0%
Her demand is negligible, even in her own series.

Lana's Want: 0%
If we're gonna get another Zelda character, I rather have one from a real Zelda game and not some OC from a Third Party spinoff. Lana's creation/inclusion in Hyrule Warriors irked me already since they could have included a real Zelda character with her abilities instead of making one out of thin air.

----------

Oliver's Chance: 0%
Who?

Oliver's Want: 0%
I heard Fire Emblem somewhere when he was mentioned, that's enough to kill my interest in him. Sadly, eve the ridiculousness of being a bald, middle-aged fat guy isn't enough to save him from the ire of there being too many FE characters.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Lana
Chance: 0% - I don't think there's any chance of Hyrule Warriors getting a rep.
Want: 70%

Oliver gets a big fat double zeroes

Nominations: Full ballot results revealed x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
LANA
CHANCE: 1.38%
WANT: 27.58%

OLIVER
CHANCE: 0.04%
WANT: 10.39%
I'm very happy with the increase in the voter turnout. Next up we're rerating both KOS-MOS and Impa. Also please predict what score Pokefloats and.......
Wait....

WHAT!!!!
Please predict what score a generic Mahjong Tile will get tomorrow because someone thought that would be a funny idea.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Kosmos
double 0

Impa
Chance 10%
Want 40%
I'm for a new Zelda characters and Impa does rank pretty high, but I don't think we will get a new Zelda character and Impa is more inconsistent then the main three combined throughout her many appearances.

Predictions
Mahjong Tile better be 0%
Poke Floats 40%

Nominate Smash4 dlc being in vanilla Smash 5 (preferably rating the each character separately like with Squirtle and Ivysaur)

KOS-MOS: Chance: 1%; Want: 15%

She was on people's radars when it was first confirmed that Namco was assisting in development, but that was mainly the result of people trying to think of things other than the obvious Pac-Man.

Impa: Chance: 10%; Want: 25%

Some days, I think she's a probable Smash candidate in the future, even if not for DLC right now. Other days, she's in a similar situation as Toad; a prominent supporting character with seniority, but for whatever reason keeps missing the Smash train.

Predictions: Poké Floats: 1.3%; Mahjong tile: 0.16%

People will say they prefer Saffron City, and Mahjong tile will get a bunch of double zeroes without further elaboration.

Nominations: Lloyd ×1; Dan ×1; Fawful ×1; DLC to promote new games ×1; Dr. Lobe ×1

Still holding onto ten extra nominations for an idea I really like.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

KOS-MOS

I'm going to quote my original post for her:

This female android hails from Namco’s Xenosaga trilogy, spiritual successor to Square’s PS1 cult classic Xenogears and spiritual predecessor to Nintendo’s recent Xenoblade Chronicles and upcoming Xenoblade Chronicles X. If the “Who?” comments from earlier weren’t any indication, she has much going against her:

• There exists an obscure, Japan-exclusive DS remake of Xenosaga I & II, and KOS-MOS continues to appear in crossovers on Nintendo’s handhelds to this day, but most fans of the series are familiar with Xenosaga I-III on PS2.
  • The Xenosaga franchise as a whole was financially unsuccessful. Xenosaga I was popular enough to earn a glaring red “Greatest Hits” label, but Xenosaga II underperformed, resulting in the series being cut short from six to three episodes. Xenosaga III didn’t sell too hot either, judging by how rare and expensive that game is.
  • Sadly, the two above points reflect KOS-MOS’s minuscule ballot support.
  • Namco employee Katsuhiro Harada has expressed interest in a releasing a Xenosaga HD collection, but who said it might be coming to Wii U? PS3 seems much more plausible to me due to the larger install base. Also, keep in mind that even though Nintendo acquired Xenosaga developer Monolith Soft after the series was done, Namco STILL owns the Xenosaga IP.
  • After doing some research, it seems like a certain walking spoiler from the vastly more relevant Xenoblade Chronicles shares similar characteristics with KOS-MOS. On top of being a more popular candidate, said walking spoiler is also first party, so why not use that character instead? Sakurai never tried to shield players from spoilers anyway, as evidenced by certain playable characters and trophies.

I chose not to give KOS-MOS a “Negligible (Approximately 0%)” chance rating because Namco is the co-developer of Smash 4, and you never know what surprises might be in store.

Fun Fact: Aside from the aforementioned crossovers, KOS-MOS has also made cameos in several other Namco games, Soul Calibur III’s character creator, Baten Kaitos, and a few Tales games being notable examples. Even after the Xenosaga series was over, Namco seemed to really want its consumers to remember her.

That probably doesn’t mean much because if Namco desperately wanted KOS-MOS in Smash 4, she probably would have been on the starting roster. Releasing her as DLC seems like a massive risk judging by her ballot support and her small cult following.
So, what has changed since my previous rating for her (in regards to her chances, not my username)? We've seen lesser characters from Capcom, Namco, and Sega receive the Mii costume treatment while Ryu, a gaming legend like Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man before him, became a fully-fledged playable character. KOS-MOS is one of those characters that seems like Mii costume material to me. (Sure, she doesn't have any meaningfully history with Nintendo, but neither do Akira and Heihachi.)

Even if that weren't the case, pre-ballot is likely over judging by Sakurai's "fan service" statement, and KOS-MOS has very, very minimal support, neither is she exceptionally iconic. She also has to compete with legends such as the veteran Snake (say what you will about his issues) and the already represented Rayman among others. Even if Sakurai wanted to go the easy route by adding someone else from the catalog of Namco, Capcom, or Sega, she would still face steep competition in the form of characters such as Heihachi and Tails.

If you were expecting me to bring up Project X Zone, here's a screenshot featuring KOS-MOS:

See that character on the far right? He symbolizes my new chance rating: Zero.

As for want: 85%

The only candidates for an additional Namco rep I'm more interested in are Siegfried and Nightmare, honestly.

Impa

Chance: 20%

Nothing's changed, but I think I overrated her last time.

Want: 90%

Predictions:

Majong Tile - 0%

Poke Floats - 10%

Nominations: Wonder Red Rerate x10

Last edited by a moderator:
Impa
Chance 5%
want negatives
(0%)
Impa was probably the most overhyped character by the smash fanbase since Geno.

A character with only 2 mainline appearances worth mentioning and a spinoff that turns a speedy ninja into a heavy samurai. All of her other appearances are vastly different. Based on how vastly different her appearances are I find it easy to consider more of a reoccurring name than a recurring character.

The fanbase rallied around her with all of the other options gone assist trophies she became a "front runner"
but now, with zero Hyrule warriors content in the game it's clear she would just be based on her Mainline appearances. . .which is not a lot. Just ninja stuff. And we have one. a cool one. With her huge drop in support and lack of uniqueness from the roster she really has very little chance.

Would much ratehr have someone like Ganon/Midna/Tetra etc.

Noms
Ace attorney representation 2
rerate wonder Red 3

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Impa
Want: 5%
Meh, much better Zelda characters available, albeit ones that only had one (plus a spinoff) game, and are already ATs anyway. Impa seems like the next most obvious Zelda rep, but with Sheik in the game, she's really redundant. True, Hyrule Warriors did wonders for her, but the same can also be said for Midna and Ghirahim, who have way fewer appearances but way more personality. And the Ganondorf-we-should-have-had.
I'd prefer Midna and/or Ghirahim before her. Or at least giving love to the Zelda series in terms of character balance (can we have one Smash game without more than one bottom-tier Zelda character) or decloning (Why doesn't Tink have WW specials? Or why isn't Ganondorf that glorious beast from HW?)
KOS-MOS: 0/0

Predict Pokéfloats: 9.9%
Predict troll rating idea: 0.0%

Nom: Amiibo alts x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
KOS-MOS

Chance - 0.05% - No real change from last time. A spiritual predecessor to an already represented franchise is all she has going for her.

Want - 20% - There are many beater third parties out their, I would think.

Impa (Go, copy paste powers!)

Chance - 10% - While the most fitting version of her seems to be getting more of a spotlight recently, I don't see her getting popular enough to get in due to the ballots. On the off chance she might be pre-planed, though I don't know why she would in the first place.

Want - 45% - I want more of the Toon-Universe section of the series for Zelda as of now. I would prefer Tetra, though Vaati is fine too.

Predictions

Majong Title - 0.01% - ...well, it's in Mario Maker, I'll give it that.

Pokefloats - 7.85% - Popular but unlikely.

Well, I got my extras!

Nominations

SSB5 has 3rd party cuts X10

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Impa
Chance: 3%
I never thought Hyrule Warriors representation would make its way into Smash, and I still don't. Seeing as that's Impa's main source of popularity and moveset potential, I don't think she has much of a chance of the HW version of her being implemented in Smash. If we're talking about the possibility of a version from the Zelda franchise, another problem with Impa is that she always undergoes a drastic change in appearance in every Zelda game she's featured in. Seeing how she's only a supporting character in the Zelda franchise, that makes her very unrecognizable to the general audience. Unless someone is a Zelda fan, chances are they won't know who Impa is neither by name or appearance. I believe that's one of the biggest factors working against her as a possible DLC character. I'll give the sometimes young and sometimes old Sheikah Warrior a score of 3%, which is a 6% drop from my original rating.
A popular Smash candidate, but her popularity stems from the wrong game...

Want: 2%
She seems uninteresting to me considering we already have two ninja like characters, and a slower one isn't something I want. Plus there are other characters in the Zelda franchise I would rather see become playable before her.

KOS-MOS
Chance: 0.9%
Like I said the first time, she's simply not important enough to Nintendo's history. This is a Nintendo fighting game, and Sakurai probably won't see her as playable material for Nintendo's all-star crossover. Another problem is that the future of the Xenosaga franchise is unclear right now. Sakurai has been iffy as of late over adding playable characters to the game whose franchise's future is left uncertain. He did explicitly mention that dormant franchises with possibly no future will inevitably be considered lower priority. I'll give Xenosaga's android a small rating of 0.9%, which is a 0.4% drop from my original rating.
She'd be a surprising addition; that's for sure...

Want: 2.4%
She could be cool, but I'm not all that interested.

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
Impa

Chance: 20%

I don't think it's impossible for her to get in. However the lack of support compared to other leading characters is drawing her back.

One of my most wanted characters. I feel she's the perfect next representive for the Zelda series and she can bring original stuff to the table. Unless she becomes a Sheik clone like everyone predicts :/

What! You people are actually going to rate Mahjong Tile...

No wonder I don't visit this thread anymore.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Impa:

Chance:18%

Want:30%

Kos Mos:

Chance: 6%

Want:40%

Predictions:

Poke Floats: 26.5%

The thing that got more priority in a mainline mario game than Daisy: 0%

Nominate Lloyd Irving x5

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Whose idea was it to suggest a Mahjong tile for Smash? Was it because of Mario Maker?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
KOS-MOS
Old rating said:
KOS-MOS
Chance: 0.5% Like probably everyone else I had no idea who this was at first, so I put in some research. She's a Android made of Nanocells which gives her some serious moveset potential, and unfortunately, that's where the good news ends. She appears in 3 Xeno saga Games, all of which are
Old rating said:
Playstation exclusives and is a big character in her series, and a few side appearnaces which occur on nintendo consoles, but aren't big enough to warrant a spot or discard her history. Unfortunately her series isn't exactly very large and doesn't really warrant a new rep, and even then here are other characters in it with more nintendo based history than her. She also has this factor of "Who on earth is this?" because unlike pretty much every other smash character save Shulk,Dark Pit, Lucina and Robin, she isn't iconic at all.

Want: 0% I don't really care for her, at all. I'd also be a bit peeved if someone I perceive to be this undeserving got in before, say Bandana Dee or someone like Wolf, both of whom I believe deserve to be in smash. I also don't like overly-sexualized designs , which it is in my eyes, Ms. "got ranked the no.9 PlayStation Babe award":urg:.

Chances: 0.7% Not much has changed since last time, all that's new is that she's implied to be in Project Treasure and is in Project X zone 2, so I'll give her 0.2% more of a chance than last time since she's getting into things. However her core issues haven't gone away, she's a lot more of a Sony character than a Nintendo character and her design is just barely dicey enough to spark controversy if she were to get in. You guys need to remember that kids are Nintendo's target audience, if Nintendo added her to the game their would be a swarm of angry moms breathing down Nintendo's backs, and most of those angry moms wouldn't ever let their kids, Nintendo's main audience, buy the DLC, so I think it'd be a poor business choice. Yes, it'd probably still sell well, but not as well as the others, and I don't think Nintendo wants to lower their public relations.

Want: 0% I'd be peeved if someone like this got into the game before others, for multiple reasons, one that she's really a Sony character, she hasn't been on Nintendo consoles enough to justify her inclusion yet, she'd be another bad business decision by Nintendo and would cause all sorts of media drama, and I personally find her design to be too revealing and too sexualized, I really wouldn't want it in the game even if there weren't kids playing it, I just really dislike sexualized things.

Impa:
Chances: 12%
Want: 20% I used to want Impa, but I think she'd probably end up being a Sheik semi clone, and now that the game's out, if that happened, imagine the terror of a faster and more agile Sheik, not sure if I really want that.

Predictions: Mahjong tile: 0%
Pokefloats: 10%

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Impa chances: 12%
A recurring character with middling popularity for Smash and very inconsistent appearances in her home series. I don't feel like going deeper in my explanation.

Impa want: 25%
Meh. Not something I'd give priority to for sure. Having two Sheika-like characters would be kind of redundant.

-----

KOS-MOS chances: 0.18%
Half my previous score, she just seems to not have the caliber of being playable in Smash. If anything she's Mii costume material, like Heihachi and Lloyd for example.

KOS-MOS want: 0%
She wouldn't be worth a playable guest appearance in Smash imo.

-----

Poké Floats prediction: 22.38%
Probably the most popular Melee stage after Fountain of Dreams and Fourside.

The one thing that supposedly stole Daisy's slot in Super Mario Maker prediction: 0%
Isn't that thing technically in the public domain?

Nominating:
New stage: Pokémon GO x4
Concept: monkey kroc salt x1

By the way, what another missed golden opportunity to get a non-third-party character with an overall 0% chances score with Oliver...
(And for anyone who's wondering, "monkey kroc salt" stands for "no DK character for DLC")

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Impa
Chance:
10%

She is the next in line for a Zelda character, but she isn't that demanded.
I'm not interested. What I really want from the Zelda series is a decloned Ganondorf.

KOS-MOS
Chance:
1%

Copy and paste:
KOS-MOS

Really minuscule chance all things considered. Namco is one of the main developers in Smash 4 and Monolith Soft, the main developer of the Xenosaga series (this was before they were acquired by Nintendo and made Xenoblade), which may bode in her favor. Though, there are still some problems.
First, the Xenosaga series is seen on PlayStation consoles more than Nintendo platforms. The only time Xenosaga has been seen was in the form of a DS remake that was only released in Japan. This also adds to KOS-MOS limited appearances on Nintendo consoles.
Second, the series was apparently not a hit for Namco. It has a cult status, but this six-part series was reduced to three after the failure of the second game. Now this is bad in terms of becoming a DLC character. With Ryu, he is an iconic fighting game character; you can't deny Ryu's popularity and legacy. With KOS-MOS... she's practically unknown and is a third party, which doesn't help her really. I think that Namco would pursue one of their more iconic characters, like Lloyd Irving or a Tekken character for example, to become DLC.
Third, her ballot support is limited.
Finally, there is actually a much bigger threat to KOS-MOS in the form of Seven, who is KOS-MOS spiritual successor in Xenoblade. I think that Seven's inclusion would be a bit less problematic as she is a Nintendo character, is physically similar to KOS-MOS, and at least has some ballot support... all the while being a major walking spoiler. Xenoblade and Xenosaga are two different series, but they still have a lot a similarities (and of course Xenoblade is influenced from Xenogears and Xenosaga), but I sense competition.
Even then, I dunno if Monolith Soft would pursue Nintendo to put KOS-MOS in. I think that they might already be thrilled with the inclusion from Shulk, if his poster artwork was of any indication (it includes Kirby and Pit, two characters Sakurai has worked on).
I think that KOS-MOS is highly unlikely as a result.
I don't think her inclusion in Project X Zone 2 means anything.

Want: 25%
I am more into how unique she could be. Though, I am more in favor of Seven, a character who comes from a game that I absolutely love. If Namco were to get a second rep, I would be a bit indifferent; unlike Capcom, where I have two characters that I want over Ryu, I don't have anyone else that I want from Namco... I'm satisfied with Pac-Man.
I want to play Xenosaga I some day... hopefully it comes my way.
Poke Floats Prediction: 25.65%
Kinda popular, I suppose.
Majong Tile Prediction: 0%
Oh, umm... wow.

EDIT: Using extra nominations.
Nominations: Chin 10x

Concept: monkey kroc salt x1

(And for anyone who's wondering, "monkey kroc salt" stands for "no DK character for DLC")
I think that you should nominate the concept as "No DK Character for DLC". Monkey Kroc Salt would be awfully confusing for some people.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I think that you should nominate the concept as "No DK Character for DLC". Monkey Kroc Salt would be awfully confusing for some people.
Well, to be honest "monkey kroc salt" was just supposed to be a joke, I thought it was obvious that I wanted to see it in the nomination list as "no DK character for DLC" :laugh:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Meh, even the damn Balance Board (Wiibo) is more deserving than the Mahjong Piece since Wii Fit is a bigger series than a small series like Yakuman. At least I have an idea of what else to nominate after I get Asuka out of the way.

Troykv

Smash Master

Impa
Chance:
10%

She is the next in line for a Zelda character, but she isn't that demanded.
I'm not interested. What I really want from the Zelda series is a decloned Ganondorf.

KOS-MOS
Chance:
1%

Copy and paste:

I don't think her inclusion in Project X Zone 2 means anything.

Poke Floats Prediction: 25.65%
Kinda popular, I suppose.
Majong Tile Prediction: 0%
Oh, umm... wow.

Nominations: Chin 5x

A small correction:

Xenogears: The Square's game
Xenosaga: The Kos-Mos' series

I will rate later.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Impa (which one?)

Chance: 2%

- Which one? There are many Impas and they're VERY different from each other with the "most prominent" ones being from Skyward Sword and Hyrule Warriors. This takes me back to the days of that SS Impa rumor of her being a slower/stronger Sheik clone. If it's the HW version, I'd rather have Lana as a proper HW rep.

KOS-MOS

Want: 5%

- I'd prefer Fiora but KOS-MOS would be a cool substitute.

Predictions

Pokefloats: 1.3%
Mahjong Tile: 0.2%

Nominations

Volga (Hyrule Warriors) x3
Wario Land Stage x2

Top Bottom