• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Isaac
Chance: 25%
Want: ??? (Abstain)

Additional All Star Rounds
Chance: 1%
Want: 0%

Predictions
Tyrantum: 0.65%
Mike: 0.08%

Nominate x5 Malon

I would suggest changing it to something that doesn't immediately scream trouble, especially since Isaac is still not confirmed, which a 100% chance effectively says.

I would recommend leaving the rates alone. It's their opinion and no one who plays this game, emphasis on the word game, should be asked to change their ratings on account of people blowing it up into a debate. Besides, I saw equally optimistic rates on K. Rool's day and no one was asked to change their scores there. How is this day any different?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I would recommend leaving the rates alone. It's their opinion and no one who plays this game, emphasis on the word game, should be asked to change their ratings on account of people blowing it up into a debate. Besides, I saw equally optimistic rates on K. Rool's day and no one was asked to change their scores there. How is this day any different?
He's at complete liberty to disregard my suggestion and I'm not forcing it upon him, but seeing as the thread devolved into a giant flame war on one user during Isaac's first rerate because of the same circumstance(one hugely supportive person rates Isaac 100%), it's at least fair to make an attempt to prevent history repeating. To top it off, the perpetrator from last time recognized his mistake, and rated Isaac more reasonably this time. The rating sticks out like a sore thumb, especially when like-minded fans are rating reasonably as well.

I won't force him to change it. But it's a suggestion, nothing else.

Last edited:

Mario123311

Smash Ace

Back to Business:
Haven't visited this thread for quite a while and we are re-rating Isaac, again, for the 3rd time -_-

Want: 100%
His awesome earth manipulating powers, god summoning Djinns, and earth rending weapon unleashes make him far too interesting to not have. Plus I absolutely love Golden Sun and have been rooting for him since forever so this rating is never going to drop down.

Chance: 50%
Despite the recent Mii costume fiasco with K. Rool, I still believe the Ballot will give Isaac a fair chance, putting it at 50%. He's pretty popular, has pretty decent western support and Japanese support, despite being small, still exists. The franchise still has a future despite what a lot think, and although he wasn't AT (which many people have called bad news) didn't nuke him from getting a playable chance as DLC.

Although I (and tons of GS fans) have already said this all before, I will repeat it. Isaac can still rock the party in Smash.

Nominations:
Not re-rating characters (for a 3rd time and above) whose positions haven't changed x9001 x5
Again, My opinion at least for this game. Just because we practically have 3 Marths now. If the next game cuts them, I'm okay. Really just my own thoughts, Sorry. ((I always preferred characters with physical abilities or powers I guess.))

Pretty much ones who don't really need a weapon to begin with. Plus I am kind of bitter with the amount of Swordfighters already, seeing them online almost all the time doesn't make it better.

Last edited:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
You do realize Isaac has the power to Shake the earth with (essentially) geomancy right?

Magical earth and vine powers. He couldn't be much further than marth other than happening to have a sword. . .
Characters like Mario and Pac-Man don't need weapons though, They ARE the weapon. :p
Just saying. Please continue on here.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Characters like Mario and Pac-Man don't need weapons though, They ARE the weapon. :p
And you do realise that Isaac doesn't need to use a sword to manipulate the Earth, use Vines or create psynergy hands, right?

Besides, if the sword bugs you that much, he can also use axes or maces.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'd be very interested to see Sakurai try to pull off a full on geomancy/psynergy/earth magic moveset with Isaac and forgo the sword entirely, not that I just instinctively hate swords (I'd prefer if new characters brought more to the table), but I'd just be interested in seeing how Isaac's moveset would work outside of Specials using his magic. Weapons are part of his character though, as far as I can tell, so it's not much issue.

I don't suppose you can change a want rating can you? I've been warming up to Isaac lately. Thinking about bumping it up to 50%. Would be happy if he was in but not shaken up if he wasn't.

Went back to edit the post.

Last edited:

Xelion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MGSnake
Isaac

Chance: 75%

He has a lot of supporters and he is only on Nintendo Consles so I think he has a really good chance.

Additional All-Star Rounds:

Chance: 10%

Want: 10%

Eh, I don't think that they would do it, just don't feel it.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Isaac's chance: 50%

Still feel he could go either way at this point. Nothing's happened yet that's made that change for me.

One of my most wanted characters.

Additional All-Star Rounds: ABSTAIN

Predictions: 0.30% for both

Nominations: Lyn x5

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Nominate End of the RTC Thread X5

Okay, so Isaac only.
Chance 75%
It's been said - very strong ballot support either way, most wanted because of Assist Trophy promotion, Tons and Tons of potential in his ability to manipulate the earth.
Want:100%
What else can I say... THAT HE WON'T BE GENERIC!!?!?!?

I ask the owner of the thread to lock the top ten characters from all re-rates. It's pointless. This whole thread is pointless - it's not reflective of the entire Smash 4 community and what they want. Sorry if I sound hostile about this thread, but that's me.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Isaac

Chance: 60%

Unique, heavily requested, i longer an Assist Trophy (albeit absent), and Golden Sun has one of those really loud cult followings. But the only real problem is the uncertainty of GS's future and one of our "original" forth runners got the costume treatment.

Easily one of the more interesting characters that can fit in Smash, plus I loved the early Golden Sun games. You don't see anyone asking for Matthew (who's probably the same, but inferior), so Isaac is arguably the best representative for Golden Sun.

Additional All Star Rounds

Not going to happen and I wouldn't care either way.

Predictions
Tyrantum: 0.65%
Mike: 0.08%

Nominate x5Shadow the Hedgehog

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Isaac

Chance: 50%

Want: 50%

Aditional All Star Rounds

Chance: 0%
I doubt they would add another section, they'll probably just cram all the DLC characters in with their respective groups.

Want: 50%
Its really a 50 50 here, on one hand more rounds, but less characters per round, but on the other more characters, but less rounds.

Predictions: Tyrantrum 0%

Predictions: Mike 0%

Nominations: John Raimi X5.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Nominate End of the RTC Thread X5

Okay, so Isaac only.
Chance 75%
It's been said - very strong ballot support either way, most wanted because of Assist Trophy promotion, Tons and Tons of potential in his ability to manipulate the earth.
Want:100%
What else can I say... THAT HE WON'T BE GENERIC!!?!?!?

I ask the owner of the thread to lock the top ten characters from all re-rates. It's pointless. This whole thread is pointless - it's not reflective of the entire Smash 4 community and what they want. Sorry if I sound hostile about this thread, but that's me.
We will not rate "End of the RTC thread" no matter how many nominations it gets, sorry.

I respect your criticisms and I agree that this thread doesn't represent the views of the whole Smash community (we only have about 25 regular voters) nor are the ratings accurate. But please remember that this thread is mostly just meant for fun and to quote Groose "to see how wrong we can be". I personally enjoy running this thread and I will try my best to keep it going as long as there are others who want to play.

Isaac
Chance: 40%
Want: 90%

Extra All Star Modes
Chance: 5%

Nominations: Solo Ice Climber x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I don't even understand how we're to rate that kind of topic. The RTC Thread will 100% end once it's confirmed that all of the DLC characters have been released, so what the heck? And the RTC game will more than likely be back once the next Smash is announced only to eventually end again. Sooo...? :dizzy:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
ISAAC
CHANCE: 46.47%
WANT: 70.94%

ADDITIONAL ALL STAR ROUNDS
CHANCE: 23.89%
WANT: 36.84%
Next up we're rating Mike from "Drawn to Life" and Tyrantrum from Pokemon. Also please predict what score the concepts of some sort of IDOLM@STER representation and 7+ DLC characters will get tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

Mike and Tyrantrum

Chance and Want:

(Quadruple Zeroes)

Predictions:

IDOLM@STER Representation - 20%

7+ DLC Characters - 15%

Nominations: Zael Mii Costume x5

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Mario uses a cape and FLUDD

Pac Man uses fruits as weapons.

Using Dictionary.com's definition of weapon
"Any instrument or device for use in attack or defense in combat"

Short list of people who use weapons in Smash:
:4mario:,:4peach:, :rosalina:, :4bowserjr:, :4wario2:, :4diddy:, :4gaw:, :4littlemac:(He's a registered boxer, his fists are legally lethal weapons in non-boxing matches. Smash isn't a boxing match), :4link:, :4sheik:,:4tlink:, :4samus:, :4zss:, :4pit:, :4marth:, :4myfriends:, :4robinm:, :4feroy:, :4lucina:, :4duckhunt:, :4kirby:, :4dedede:, :4metaknight:, :4fox:, :4falco:, :4rob: (Gyromite is not a part of him), :4ness:, :4lucas:, :4falcon: (Blue Falcon), :4villager:, :4olimar:, :4wiifit:, :4shulk:, :4drmario:, :4darkpit:, :4sonic:, :4pacman:, :4miisword:, :4miigun:, :4miibrawl:, :popo:, :wolf:, :snake:, :younglinkmelee:.

They all use a weapon in some form. If the person in question does not have the ability to make the power themselves they are using a weapon.

Why are you so focused on the fact that Isaac CAN have and use a sword. Bruh, Mario has the ability to hold swords too. He has hands.

Argument invalid. Also if your gonna go the route and say BUT THEY DON'T HAVE TOO! THEY CAN PUNCH AND KICK AND STUFF. Bruh, anyone can that's physically capable. Isaac isn't a cripple. He can punch/kick if he wants to.

If you don't like Isaac, fine, that's your opinion. But calling him a generic swordsman is complete ignorance.

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Mario uses a cape and FLUDD

Pac Man uses fruits as weapons.

Using Dictionary.com's definition of weapon
"Any instrument or device for use in attack or defense in combat"

Short list of people who use weapons in Smash:
:4mario:,:4peach:, :rosalina:, :4bowserjr:, :4wario2:, :4diddy:, :4gaw:, :4littlemac:(He's a registered boxer, his fists are legally lethal weapons in non-boxing matches. Smash isn't a boxing match), :4link:, :4sheik:,:4tlink:, :4samus:, :4zss:, :4pit:, :4marth:, :4myfriends:, :4robinm:, :4feroy:, :4lucina:, :4duckhunt:, :4kirby:, :4dedede:, :4metaknight:, :4fox:, :4falco:, :4rob: (Gyromite is not a part of him), :4ness:, :4lucas:, :4falcon: (Blue Falcon), :4villager:, :4olimar:, :4wiifit:, :4shulk:, :4drmario:, :4darkpit:, :4sonic:, :4pacman:, :4miisword:, :4miigun:, :4miibrawl:, :popo:, :wolf:, :snake:, :younglinkmelee:.

They all use a weapon in some form. If the person in question does not have the ability to make the power themselves they are using a weapon.

Why are you so focused on the fact that Isaac CAN have and use a sword. Bruh, Mario has the ability to hold swords too. He has hands.

Argument invalid. Also if your gonna go the route and say BUT THEY DON'T HAVE TOO! THEY CAN PUNCH AND KICK AND STUFF. Bruh, anyone can that's physically capable. Isaac isn't a cripple. He can punch/kick if he wants to.

If you don't like Isaac, fine, that's your opinion. But calling him a generic swordsman is complete ignorance.
Isaac's day here has ended. Please take any debate about him to the official Isaac thread or to a PM.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Tyrantrum & Mike
All zeroes.

Predictions
IDOLM@STER Representation: 23.55%
7+ DLC Characters: Chance - 13.25% Want - 85.66%

Nominate x5 Malon

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Isaac's day here has ended. Please take any debate about him to the official Isaac thread or to a PM.
I know. Just replying to something.

To make this on topic.

Mike:
Obscure third party with little support.
Maxwell is better lol.

Tyrantrum:
Random Pokemon.
I'm more of a Kabutops man for any fossil Pokemon kthxbai.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
All zeroes.

'RTC rates lesser third party/random Pokemon/very minor character and people don't like that' cliche.

Predictions:

IDOLM@STER Rep: 20%
7+ DLC Characters: 25%

Nominate: Rerate Inkling x5

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Mike and Tyrantrum

Chance and Want:

(Quadruple Zeroes)

Love Tyrantrum and all, but he is literally a random Pokemon with zero star power. Even the T-Rex from Fossil Fighter makes more sense than this.

Never cared about Drawn to Life and never will. Just like how I don't see the appeal in Scribblenauts' Maxwell, I will never see the appeal in Mike.

Predictions:

IDOLM@STER Representation - 15%

Yay, more idol material. As if a certain Love Live cretin being the new Puyo Pop mascot was bad enough. :rolleyes:

7+ DLC Characters - 6%

This is not going to end well.

Nominations: Shadow the Hedgehog x5

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Mike and Tyrantum:

Chance and Want:Big fat 0.

Predictions:

IDOLM@ASTER Representation: 12%

7+DLC Characters: 19%

Nominate Inkling Rerate x5.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Who on earth nominated Mike? He is just some unimportant side character who is only note worthy for being the only human in drawn to life and a stupid plot twist at the end of the second game.
Quadruple 0 today

Predictions
Idol master 5%
7+ dlc 74%

Nominate retro bf/FD skins

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Mike and Tyrantrum

Chance and Want:

(Quadruple Zeroes)

Love Tyrantrum and all, but he is literally a random Pokemon with zero star power. Even the T-Rex from Fossil Fighter makes more sense than this.

Never cared about Drawn to Life and never will. Just like how I don't see the appeal in Scribblenauts' Maxwell, I will never see the appeal in Mike.

Predictions:

IDOLM@STER Representation - 15%

Yay, more idol material. As if a certain Love Live cretin being the new Puyo Pop mascot was bad enough. :rolleyes:

7+ DLC Characters - 6%

This is not going to end well.

Nominations: Shadow the Hedgehog x5

She is my least fave Love Live character tbh. They should have went with Umi, since she's the "blue" idol

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Isaac actually went under 50% chances?! Well, didn't expect that, though I'm okay with it as I don't think he belongs in the "more likely than not" group.
Also first time I ever do it in this thread so here we go:

Both characters chances (and want):

Mike is from an obscure third-party title which I doubt was particularly groundbreaking. He's unlikely even for first-party standards, but being third-party worsens things to the point it's downright impossible. I don't want him, he'd be too random.
And for Tyrantrum, while this Pokémon is decently popular, there's literally no reason to choose it asides from "moveset potential" which is something 90% of the Pokémon may claim. I don't have anything against Tyrantrum as a Pokémon, but as a Smash choice it'd be too random for my liking.

-----

iDOLM@STER representation prediction: if Mii costumes count then 22.54%, otherwise 6.33%

7 or more DLC characters prediction: 63.87%
I suppose there will be some increased skepticism, but I still expect this to do well.

Nominating:
Balance change: universal hitstun increase x5

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Mike:
Want: 0% Wilfre is a much more appealing DTL character anyway, but even then, DTL is so obscure I don't feel like it should ever get a rep.
Tyrantrum:
Chances: 1% Semi-relevant Pokemon but it's inclusion would seem very random.
Want: 2% I guess playing as a dinosaur would be cool, but I'd rather we get the popular characters.

Predictions: iDOLM@STER (Gah spelling that is a pain) 15%
7 or more: 68%
Noms: Riolu x 5
Actually scratch that, I don't really care about my noms today, if someone wants any extra noms just ask me and I'll vote that character, since I really have nothing to vote.

Edit: Balance change: universal hitstun increase x5 as per request :p

Last edited:
Mike: Double Zeroes

Tyrantrum
Want: 10% (He was one of my team members in Pokemon Y)

(I only nominated Tyrantrum because I didn't have anything else to nominate)

Idolm@ster representation: 6%
7 or more: 43%

Gooey 5x

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Actually scratch that, I don't really care about my noms today, if someone wants any extra noms just ask me and I'll vote that character, since I really have nothing to vote.
Would you be ok to nominate universal hitstun increase x5 then? I'd like to see it rated so I can start nominate other characters since I'm interested in some rerates.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Would you be ok to nominate universal hitstun increase x5 then? I'd like to see it rated so I can start nominate other characters since I'm interested in some rerates.
Yeah, I'm fine with it, I already changed my post to include your nomination :).

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Tyrantrum

Want: 10%
He is pretty cool, also watch episode 86 of the XY anime.

Mike

Predictions: Idolm@ster representation 15%

Predictions: 7+ DLC characters 55%

Nominations: John Raimi X5.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A , @Affluent Brit , and @[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer] all win for Isaac, while @CaptainAmerica wins for the All-Star one.

...and if the guy I accidentally tagged is still around I am very sorry for that >_>

And for the first time in this thread, the person who doesn't like to give zeroes in chance (though I've probably given 0's to thirty characters at this point lol) is here to present...

Tyrantrum and Mike: QUADRUPLE ZEROES

A really random Pokémon and someone from a minor third party franchise. Yeah, no. I don't care for Tyrantrum and I've never bothered with Drawn to Life, and either character getting in over more notable and popular choices would be disappointing.

...actually not the first time I've given double zeroes in chance, but those two characters got 100%'s in want so yeah.

Idolm@ster prediction: 18.35%
7+ DLC prediction: 49.73%

Nominations: Lyn x5

Last edited:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Super Mario Maker has kept me busy these days...anyway, on to today's characters.

Mike

Chance & Want: 0%

Tyrantrum

Want: 3%

- I like Tyrantrum as well as many of the generation 6 Pokemon but...I can see it more as a Pokeball Pokemon.

Predictions

Idolm@ster Rep: 9%
7+ DLC Characters: 21%

Nominations

Eliwood x3
Oliver (Fire Emblem) x2

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Tyrantrum AND Mike
Chance and Want for BOTH:

For those who don't know Pokemon, this is Victini. On the Unova Dex, this is Pokemon #0. As you can see, there are four of them here...
So... FOUR ZEROES.

Tyrantrum is a random Pokemon out of many in the franchise. I like the Pokemon, but I don't want it for Smash.
Mike has no ballot support and doesn't stack up to the 3rd parties of Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Ryu. I don't want him because I never played any of his games and I'm not interested enough to do so.

Idolm@ster Rep Prediction: .28%
I dunno.
7+ DLC Characters Prediction: 50.00%
We might get 7 at this point... but we might not at the same time.

Nominations: Lyn 5x

Top Bottom