• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Lana's Chance: 1%
A one-off in a series chock full of one-off characters, there's nothing really worthwhile about this filler character other than moveset potential, something that her rivals have as well. Fan support is pretty much zero, so I don't expect to see her in.

Lana's Want: 0%
If Zelda is going to ge a new character, it should be a real Zelda character and not a generic OC created for a Dynasty Warriors game with a Zelda skin. That'd be like putting in one of the Mario Golf exclusives. As for her moves, I don't see what so special about her since we have Zelda and Robin covering that ground already.

----------

Tag Team's Chance: 0% 3DS, 50% Wii U
This is an odd one since it's something the 3DS cannot handle but the Wii U already has at the end of Smash Tour. I don't know if they will go and make it a separate mode, but it shouldn't take work to do.

Tag Team's Want: 50%
It would be a great idea, but I really just rather have more characters and stages for DLC and modes be saved for SSB5.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Lana
Chance: 5%

Minimal ballot support after all the hype she had is disheartening and the number of Zelda related competition doesn't help. Then there's the haters who go "Wah, I don't want that J-Pop Kawaii ***** anywhere near my Smash or canon Zelda!", just like certain other characters that we've already rated. Her appearance in Hyrule Warriors both helps and hurts her since Tecmo has minimal interactions with Nintendo lately and they would rather have someone famous like Kasumi or Ryu Hyabusa over her is they do talk with the team.

Want: 70%
Prefer Cia, but Lana's got the best chance of any original character in Hyrule Warriors. Needless to say, she actually got the best weapons in the game out of the main heroes and many wonders can be done out of them in a moveset. I'd love me some Zelda characters, but I would love me some Hyrule Warriors content. I bet folks would react equally as negative if a single Dyanasty Warriors character (even the fan favorite Lu Bu) would be bought up instead of poor Lana.

Tag Team Mode
Chance and Want: Double Abstain
How the hell would this work in a Smash environment?

Samurai Goroh Prediction: 1.13%
Micaiah Prediction: 6.40%

Nominations: Concept: Genei Ibun Roku #FE Rep x5

Face it you guys, the salt will be real once this topic comes into fruition in two weeks. :evil:

Troykv

Smash Master
Lana:

I'm don't sure if she is a Nintendo or a Tecmo Character xD

Want: 60%

I like magicians.

Tag Team Mode:

Chance:...

Do you are talking about that Final Battle from the Smash Tour?

Chance: 10%

Sounds interesting.

Predictions:

Samurai Goroh: 1.5%
Micaiah: 4.1%

And this day final arrives again.

Nominations:

Concept: 2 or more DLC from the same series x5

abstaining on tag team

Lana
chance 0%
extremely minor character. 3rd capcom rep.

want 0%
what's that? what do mean she isn't from capcom. . . so we aren't talking about this chick
yes i'm currently playing phoenix wright so what?
oh. . .my bad.

Lana from Hyrule Warriors
Chance 0%
We haven't had any Hyrule Warriors and we likey never will being a weird spin-off. (that means you too impa)

Want 30%
while she could probably be fun I MUCH prefer Volga. Dragons and spears and fire and a whole lot of awesome stuff.

predictions
Micaiah (again?) 1.45%
Goroh 1.05%

noms
Midna 5

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Lana
Chance: 0.7%
It bugs me when people call Lana a Zelda character when she really isn't, and that's her main problem. She was created by a different company to be a character in a game with a Zelda like skin that's not even canon. She can't really be chosen to represent the Zelda franchise, and Hyrule Warriors isn't a big enough franchise in itself to warrant getting character representation as DLC in Smash. I'll give the White Sorceress a small rating of 0.7%.
Maybe if she somehow makes it into an actual Zelda game...

Want: 5.2%
She probably would be cool and unique and I don't really have anything against her character, but I'm just not into the idea of her being playable in Smash.

Tag Team Mode
Chance: 7.3%
A mode that probably would have been implemented in the base game if Sakurai had any desire to make the final battle in Smash Tour more fleshed out, but it might be easy enough to program if he still wanted to add a small new mode via DLC after Tourney. I'll give this tag team concept a rating of 7.3%.
I'm honestly surprised this hasn't been done yet...

Want: 100%
I would love this as a standalone mode. My friends and I would probably have so much fun with it.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Lana

Chance: 0%

Want: 1%

Tag Team Mode

Predictions: Samurai Goroh 2%

Predictions: Micaiah 1%

Nominations: Pious X10.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Lana
Chance: 15%
She's getting pretty popular, and she's relevant. I would imagine that would give her a decent enough chance.
Want: 30%
I haven't played Hyrule Warriors, so I don't know much about her, but from what I've seen I can say for sure that I'm interested. Wouldn't mind seeing her.

Tag Team Mode
Chance: 35%
I feel like this is one of those things that has a good chance to make it in the game if enough people asked for it. If this gains more popularity then I can see it.

Predictions:
Samurai Goroh: 14%
Micaiah: 8%

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Lana's chances: 1%

Extremely doubtful of Hyrule Warriors content.

Want: 20%

Not one of the best choices for a Zelda character (yes, I still consider her one), but not one of my bottom ones either.

Tag Team Mode chances: 5%

It'd be in before a new Classic or Adventure mode for sure, but I still don't see it.

Want: 50%

I kind of wanted this on the main game and would enjoy it as DLC, though I'd also be fine with them just sticking with characters, stages, and Mii outfits.

Samurai Goroh prediction: 2.47%
Micaiah prediction: 4.20%

Nominations: Fossil Fighter x5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Lana
Chance:0.1%
Want:15%

Tag Team Mode
Chance:6%
Want:35%

Predictions
Samurai Goroh:1.65%
Micaiah:2.78%

Nominations
Wolf Rerate x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Hey, @ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice ? I think we're at the point where we can do back do doing one entry per day.[/URL]
I actually want to make two entries per day a permanent thing from now on as I want to get as many ratings in as possible before this thread retires. Also voter turnout has been really low recently, so having multiple entries a day helps us cut through the least interesting entries quickly.

Lana
Chance: 1% - Unless Hyrule Warriors becomes a series, I highly doubt this spinoff character will have much of a future.
Want: 40%

Tag team mode
Chance: 1% - If this was going to be implemented than it would have been on the disc.
Want: 100% - We have so many playable characters yet we can only play as one per match? A game with a roster this size needs a mode like this.

Nominations: Smash Tour updates x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
LANA
CHANCE: 2.58%
WANT: 27.72%

CONCEPT: TAG TEAM MODE
CHANCE: 9.69%
WANT: 53.45%
Next up we're rating Samurai Goroh and rerating Micaiah. Also please predict what score the concepts of a Tetris stage and us getting two or more DLC characters from the same franchise will get tomorrow.

Troykv

Smash Master
Is time now, finally arrives this new dawn.

Micaiah:

My arguments will be basically an updated version of my older commentary in this thread:

What exactly do I think about the odds that Micaiah is a playable character? Well, they are not exactly the best. But I think she has some advantages on her side.

First, let's talk about the obvious: It's a female character (and a female that isn't a custome), I do not really stretch out with this as anyone will have their arguments and counterarguments for this, but if I'm not mistaken, this Smash had as one of its purposes to add more female characters to the game ... which is obviously a small, but still a plus point. And of course, another point just short leave but will mention it anyway: She is a character in Fire Emblem; we don't know exactly Sakurai's opinion about her, but the she belong to a franchise with which the Creator is familiar (and doesn't have problem to get the rights) obviously help.

Okay, now you starting with what really matters... What could she have to help when considered among other characters? Especially we compared her with other Fire Emblem Characters.

I can almost assure that she is the Fire Emblem protagonist (not already in Smash, because Marth and Ike are the franchise spotlight, Roy's Our Boy, Lyn also because she is the first lord to arrive in a actual Fire Emblem Game to the West, and the three Awakening MC: Robin, Chrom and Lucina are the most known characters in the past three years)... most knowly... most popular... most talked? ... is somewhat difficult to describe her situation, she is loved by many, and others less so. Whatever the case, she has remained as an occasional topic of discussion in some places... Also, I don't know if this counts, but Micaiah has more content drawn on Japanese sites that other protagonists in the series (except some knowly special cases like Lucina); and also, yes I'm sure that the new Main Characters (Azura/Aqua and Kamui) will have a popularity similar to Robin's and Lucina's, but I believe that is to soon to they, and the ballot must focus in older characters.

Now, her support in the Fighter Ballot... I don't know really, the Fire Emblem support is a little bit... small in general, mainly by the issue of "over-representation"... But I believe Micaiah is one of those characters who have had more support between all the options (but still relatively small specially against the frontrunners) because of her fame in the pre-Brawl speculation (like Lyn) and also be wanted in japan for some people in the Pre and Post Smash 4, be a female and a one of the main characters that actually has a great potential to be original (between the Main Characters Micaiah, Lyn, and Ephraim/Azura are the ones than can avoid be semi-cloned, also you could count Anna and Tiki between non-Main characters but that are really popular).

And finally, we come to the part I think is the most important...

What did she has to make her inclusion a great option and a interesting character?

She is a user of magic, which are obviously not exactly common in Smash, and compared to there, it could be more dynamic, considering her physique would be a faster character than their... She is fragile, but with several options to punish their opponents, either short or long range with her magic and possibles combos. She probably don't has to much power in her physical attacks, but with a little bit powerful magic-based attacks, specialy with some ones particulary dangerous... but something left, she has a very special tool: the Staffs, this things in the games have special properties depending on the chosen, usually for treatment status changes, but also it serves to affect the enemy (provoke status changes), to affect the map, or to move units.

She could be a glass cannon with interesting strategical tools to gain advantange against her opponents.

I did some moves with a friend

Moveset basic idea:

Neutral B: Light/Shine/Purge: Micaiah shot a light magic's attack, is not particulary fast and has a short range, it can be charged and the explosion will be bigger.

Side B: Torch/Berseker/Sleep Staff: Micaiah attacks with one of these three Staves, the move have low hitbox, but it has a special effect, Berserk inverses controls, Torch sets oponents on fire and sleep puts them to sleep.

Up B: Rewarp: It's simple: Micaiah use a Staff to warps herself in any direction.

Down B: Thani: Summons a light pillar from above that explodes infront of her, distance can be changed depending on how long B is pressed.

Final Smash: Rexaura: Micaiah summons a big light magic sphere from the Sky in a diagonal trayectory, if oponents are hit by the sphere they will be pulled inside and when the sphere hits the floor exploding they will be sent flying away.

Chance: 25%

I love magicians, I love Fire Emblem, and of course... I love Micaiah... I really love her. I considered that King K. Rool is the only character that I feel "deserved" to be in Smash, but Micaiah is the one of the fews that could actually make me over hyped and excited to see (the others could be Bandana Dee and Adeleine... in a minor extent). Oh goddess... She make me feel incredible things... Is really weird, but she actually help me in some way in my life... Really, is weird; but I have a special connection with her that make she my favorite Smash Bros Newcomer Choice, my favorite Fire Emblem and probably my favorite character ever.

Note: Bonus Agahari Art

Samurai Goroh:

Chance: 1%

Oh well... he has a very important problem... he already is a Assist Trophy (from a Franchise with a oscure future).

Want: 50%

He looks really cool, but I don't have any special reason to want him... It's okay in my eyes.

Predictions:

Tetris Stage: 10%
Concept: 2 or more characters from the same franchise: 34%

Today and tomorrow wil be interesting days for me xD

Nominations... I don't have anything to rate... eh... RANDOM RATING (?)

Rerate!Pichu x5

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Skipped the last two days because they were uninteresting.

Samurai Goroh

Want: 5%

Assist Trophy. I suppose he would be funny at least.

Micaiah

Chance: 2%
Want: 5%

Here come the "oh god a FE character" posts. Uniqueness-wise, sure, fine, she's good but I think the series is well stocked already in the playable department.

Predictions:

Tetris stage: 7%
Two DLC characters from same franchise: 10%

Nominate: Concept: Popular character becomes Mii costume x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Samurai Goroh

I think we've rated more NPC's than both Square Enix characters and unpopular Pokemon combined.

Want: 10%

Micaiah

A candidate for a sixth Fire Emblem representative that isn't as highly requested as others, and Intelligent Systems would most certainly push for someone else.

Want: 0%

Predictions:

Tetris Stage - 5%

Two or More Characters from the Same Franchise - 20%

Nominations: Wolf Rerate x5

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Samurai Goroh

Want: 80%

*Insert "He's an Assist Trophy!" text here* That, plus minimal ballot support to help him out. Favorite character from the F-Zero franchise and totally would call him a boring swordsman unlike most people here. Still a better idea than the likes of Black Shadow.

Micaiah
Want: 75%

Her lack of ballot support and everyone's hatred of Fire Emblem are the major problems this silver haired maiden has. Could have had a better chance if it weren't for Roy's inclusion like I've said the last time. I would support any character from the games as long as they aren't just sword users like most of the playable Fire Emblem representatives. With Micaiah here, that mage playstyle with her light magic spells easily makes her a keeper in my book.

Predictions:

Tetris stage: 3%
Two DLC characters from same franchise: 9%

Nominate: Concept: Genei Ibun Roku #FE rep x5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Micaiah
Chance:8%
Not enough ballot support we just got Roy. Same as usual.
Want:ABSTAINED

Samurai Goroh:
Chance:1%
He's an assist trophy so that really gurts his chances.
Want:75%
Yes I would love F-Zero to actually get another rep.

Predictions:
Tetris Stage: 7.43%
2 or more DLC characters from the same series: 26.95%

Nominate Wolf Rerate x5

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Samurai Goroh
Chance:
3%
One of the more popular assist trophies as far as I know, but he's an assist trophy nonetheless and that pretty much kills his chances right there.
Want: 3%
I know very little about him. Not in love with his design. Like seeing less represented franchises get some reps, but not really into him. Could change though.

Micaiah
Chance: 2%
She has a decent following, and a lot of potential, but she's buried in her own series' representation. She'd probably have to go through Chrom, and Azura to get a spot which I don't see happening.
If I got to start over and personally choose what FE characters got in, she'd probably make it, but with 5 FE characters already there I just have no desire to see more right now.

Predictions:
Tetris stage: 1%
2 DLC same franchise: 17%

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
!Rerate: Micaiah

Chance: 0.1%
If anything her chances have dropped....too lazy to find my original rating for her, but yeah.....Long story short she missed her chance in Brawl, Ike is in she's not....and with what we got from Fire Emblem in this game it is not likely we'll get another character, at least not from outside of Awakening or Fates...

----

nope...

----

Samurai Goroh

Chance: 0.3%
F-Zero fans want a bit more from F-Zero in smash...many folks would argue that Capt Falcon is all the franchise needs but if Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus are any indication...arguably Mario and Pokemon as well, need isn't exactly were it stops...Samurai Goroh would be second in line for a second F-Zero character but he's got a bit of a problem being stuck inside this trophy capsule that occasionally appears on the stages waiting for other characters to grab it...As an advocate for characters with predetermined roles I don't believe that it is impossible but I can't deny that the likelihood does indeed drop considerably, and Samurai Goroh doesn't quite have as much popularity as other NPC in Smash which makes his chance go down even further....

----
I wouldn't mind...in fact he's one of those characters I feel should've been added back in Brawl but was made an Assist instead...F-Zero is one of those franchises that Nintendo seems to overlook mostly (though having a track in Mario Kart shows thye haven't forgotten about it)...
Unlike Black Shadow who people want for stupid reasons, Samurai Goroh actually has more to work with for a unique fighter, with his very slash happy swordsmanship...

----

Predictions:
Tetris Stage: 5.67%
oh boy it's coming!!!

Concept: 2 or More DLC Characters from the same series: 45.63%
This pretty much is going to ride on KKR and Dixie, though Star Fox and arguably Zelda and Pokemon may have cases themselves depending...I don't think a character being from one series or another will be a final determining factor so long as they have more to offer, but other than the DK series there really isn't any other definitive franchises that have consistent support between two or more characters...however everybody's all up in arms with KKR's Mii costume for which I am certain means absolutely nothing with regards to his chances...

----

Nominations:
Tetris stage MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Concept: 2 or More DLC Characters from the same series MISSION ACOMPLISHED

wut? two in the same day? Is it my birthday? It can't be, because Midna is still not ready yet!!!
so I'm going ALL IN!!
!Rerate: Midna x5

Last edited:

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Micaiah
Chance: 10%

Samurai Goroh
Chance - 1% already AT
Want - 1%

Predictions
Tetris Stage - 6%
2 or More DLC Characters from same franchise - 21%

Nomination - Tamagon x 10

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Samurai Goroh

Chance - 0% - Assist Trophy, and one from brawl at that. Not looking good...

Want - 65% - F-Zero character of choice, but not something I actively care about.

Micaiah

Chance - 0% - She wasn't even all that popular to begin with, and Roy has basically squashed out most of her support into near nothing. I honestly don't even think she has a chance at this point.

Want - 40% - Eh... Anna is better for Fire Emblem, I think.

Predictions

Tetris Stage - 1.45% - A chance to see how many realize that this would be a third party stage...

2 DLC characters from the same series - 17.45% - People are typically rallying behind one character per series.

Nominations

Non-playable representation for Ballot Runners-up X5

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Samurai Goroh
Chance- 0.5%
Not enough support to remove an AT to make a character. But maybe enough to make him not completely impossible?
Want- 67%
Poor F-Zero. And Samurai Goroh is kinda cool. He's not my top choice, though.

Micaiah
Chance- 1%
Has support among some, but I fear this ship has sailed. Her popularity peaked at the wrong time. We already got Roy, and she would have to contend with newer and sometimes more popular characters.
Want- 20%
I like her, and she could be a decent character. I also feel a little bad for her. But there are reasons why this doesn't need to happen.

Tetris Stage Predictions- 5.5%
Multiple DLC Per Franchise- 15%

This… is actually a good one. Especially since I tend to cite this as a argument against a lot of characters.
Nominations
Porky x5

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
This is interesting. Both characters tonight had more talk surrounding them during Brawl's speculation, and both have really fallen off, but for different reasons.

--

Samurai Goroh

Chance: 2.75%
A rival of sorts to Captain Falcon, and one of only a few prominent F-Zero characters. With his share of fans, there's been some support toward a Smash inclusion twice now. Both time he's ended up as an Assist Trophy...and therein lies his problem now. We've still see no proof the developers are willing to mess with characters who are currently summons, and as such I can't put any confidence in this street racing samurai.

Plus, not only would they have to write him out of his summon role or attempt to justify both playable and non-playable versions running around, since all he does in his home series is drive a vehicle, they'd basically have to create a moveset for him from scratch. Even more of a reason to leave him be.

Want: 15%
He doesn't interest me. I could see a Mii costume based on him being kind of cool, though...

Rerate: Micaiah

Chance: 5.5% -> 4%
...I don't understand. What has changed since we last rated her? All we've seen is even less reason to believe another Fire Emblem character can get in now, with fan support for anyone from the series dropping even lower. Though she may still have a niche of fans, though she'd still be a rare mage wielding an element we've barely seen, though her moveset potential is actually pretty good, the Maiden of Miracles would need a miracle herself to stand any chance at all.

To be honest...this rerate feels pretty unnecessary.

Want: 50% -> 50%
I'm as big a fan of mage characters as always, and we don't really have anyone with light-based attacks. I'm also kind of a big Fire Emblem fan and I'd be totally fine with another FE newcomer if they brought something interesting to Smash.

Kind of a shame, really. If Brawl had been capable of DLC, she may have had a legitimate chance back then.

Prediction for the Concept of a Tetris Stage: 3.75%
With no reason to believe anything of the sort is happening, no one will put much faith in it.

Prediction for the Concept of Multiple DLC Chracters from the Same Series: 18.75%
There're people here who think we're only getting a couple more DLC characters. There're also people here afraid of this concept happening, for various reasons. Ergo, this one will be lower than it probably should be.

Nominations: Rundas x5

Troykv

Smash Master
This is interesting. Both characters tonight had more talk surrounding them during Brawl's speculation, and both have really fallen off, but for different reasons.

--

Samurai Goroh

Chance: 2.75%
A rival of sorts to Captain Falcon, and one of only a few prominent F-Zero characters. With his share of fans, there's been some support toward a Smash inclusion twice now. Both time he's ended up as an Assist Trophy...and therein lies his problem now. We've still see no proof the developers are willing to mess with characters who are currently summons, and as such I can't put any confidence in this street racing samurai.

Plus, not only would they have to write him out of his summon role or attempt to justify both playable and non-playable versions running around, since all he does in his home series is drive a vehicle, they'd basically have to create a moveset for him from scratch. Even more of a reason to leave him be.

Want: 15%
He doesn't interest me. I could see a Mii costume based on him being kind of cool, though...

Rerate: Micaiah

Chance: 5.5% -> 4%
...I don't understand. What has changed since we last rated her? All we've seen is even less reason to believe another Fire Emblem character can get in now, with fan support for anyone from the series dropping even lower. Though she may still have a niche of fans, though she'd still be a rare mage wielding an element we've barely seen, though her moveset potential is actually pretty good, the Maiden of Miracles would need a miracle herself to stand any chance at all.

To be honest...this rerate feels pretty unnecessary.

Want: 50% -> 50%

I'm as big a fan of mage characters as always, and we don't really have anyone with light-based attacks. I'm also kind of a big Fire Emblem fan and I'd be totally fine with another FE newcomer if they brought something interesting to Smash.

Kind of a shame, really. If Brawl had been capable of DLC, she may have had a legitimate chance back then.

Prediction for the Concept of a Tetris Stage: 3.75%
With no reason to believe anything of the sort is happening, no one will put much faith in it.

Prediction for the Concept of Multiple DLC Chracters from the Same Series: 18.75%
There're people here who think we're only getting a couple more DLC characters. There're also people here afraid of this concept happening, for various reasons. Ergo, this one will be lower than it probably should be.

Nominations: Rundas x5
I don't have really to much options to support (actually, I could say that only other three characters I actually want in Smash), also, I also want to do this after I create the Micaiah's Twitter.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Bruh, I almost missed this day.

Samurai Goroh AKA mah home boi:

He's an AT and has minimal ballot support but he is Captain Falcon's rival and one of F-Zero's most important characters.
THIS BOI RIGHT HERE IS MAI ****! Samurai Goroh has always been my second most wanted character since I started watching Pizzadudemanguy and started speculating for Smash right behind the big, purple, Sakurai wants to stay legit to his character bull****, purple dragon, Ridley. Samurai Goroh is F-Zero's second most important character, appearing in every single F-Zero game and being Captain Falcon's rival.

What does he bring to the table as a potential fighter:
I've heard many people bash against Samurai Goroh because "Oh, he has a sword. Boring." YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW! Samurai Goroh has a katana, a weapon that has a much different fighting style than the average European long/broad sword. Then people are saying, "Well, if we have a katana user, why can't Takamaru just be him." Here is what I propose, Takamaru is the classic, traditional, honorable samurai while Samurai Goroh is physical, brutish, and isn't afraid to cheat to win.

Even though Ridley is my first choice for a DLC fighter, Samurai Goroh is the one I defend more. Samurai Goroh should be in Smash. F-Zero's been in since the beginning and has always had **** representation.

Make my dreams come true Sakurai, make the 3 villains from the Melee intro into fighters. Ridley, Samurai Goroh, and Wolf.

If you wanna learn more about Samurai Goroh, hit up this link right here to go to his support thread.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-best-in-the-galaxy-samurai-goroh-for-smash.403806/

Micaiah:
Chance: 4%

What makes her more important than other FE characters also minimal ballot support.
Magic's cool.

Nominations:
Goku from Yuyuki 5x

Samurai Goroh
Still a better idea than the likes of Black Shadow.
You're like my top boi right now. #StraightFire...Stingray #Goroh4Smash

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Micaiah
Chances: 3% I think she's pretty unlikely, Fire Emblem is already more than well represented as a whole, and while Sakurai seems to have some sort of bias for it, I doubt he'd add another, especially with the backlash he'd receive. Not to mention that she doesn't seem to be popular enough to actually stand a chance,

Want: -% (0%) Fire Emblem is already pretty lucky to have what it has, it's representation matches that of Zelda perfectly, three unique characters, two clones. I don't think Fire Emblem deserves another representative, or, in perhaps better words, it can't justify another. It really wouldn't sit well with me, that Fire Emblem, a franchise that can't break 17 million sales which is already overrepped, would become twice as big as Kirby, which has over 30 million sales. It just seems rude to give it more attention before more deserving franchises. I'll also raise my two counterpoints again, since I think they hold some merit.

" To Fire Emblem needs more fame: I'd like to point out, that you can say this about literally any other franchise, but for some reason it's only this one franchise that this seems to be applied to. If this is to be considered a legitimate argument then what stops me from saying "Kirby should be more famous, it's quality is superior to the others, it deserves seven reps!"? That's right, absolutely nothing does, which is why this shouldn't be used as a legitimate argument, because it's basically a free pass card that applies to everyone, it doesn't make any one franchise more special than any other one.

To Fire Emblem having more unique characters: This is a often told justification as to why Fire Emblem has so many reps, but when you stand back for a bit, it stops making sense. Sure, it has more unique characters, but why should these ones get in before all the others? What makes it so that getting another FE character in is so much more important than getting say, a unique Metroid character instead? It's not like we're out of unique characters to get in smash, heck even in Kirby alone, I can name 3 potential candidates, while series like Mario and Pokemon have utter boatloads of unique characters in them."

I'd also like to make sure that it's clear again that I don't hate Fire Emblem, I'm really just against the special attention it receives over DK, Metroid and Kirby.

Samurai Goroh:

Chances: 1% Assist trophy, and not a popular one to boot.

Want: 30% No real interest in the character, but F- Zero fans could definitely use a rep, so he has my sympathy.

Nominations: Rerate! Wolf x 5

Predictions: Tetris stage 4%
2 dlc chars per franchise 20%

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Quadruple 0

Prediction
Tetris Stage 5%
Character from a franchise that already has DLC 12%

Nominations
Baby Mario x3
Off Line Tourney x2

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Samurai Goroh chances: 0.2%
Already an Assist Trophy, and not much incentive to promote him to playable.

Samurai Goroh want: 5%
Not really interested, to be honest I think F-Zero is perfectly fine with only Captain Falcon playable, and his Smash portrayal despite showing no canon move in a good representation of F-Zero: he's fast, and speed is what F-Zero is about, and he's powerful with fiery power; basically he's a bipedal F-Zero racing machine adapted in the fighting game format. So even though Captain Falcon's moveset was pretty much made from scratch, it was at least inspired from the source series to some degree. Whereas Samurai Goroh's hypothetical moveset would likely have no relation whatsoever with what F-Zero is about. Also, I think his star power is not that great and imo makes him a relatively disposable roster choice, especially compared to other Nintendo villains or anti-heroes who have yet to be in Smash 4 such as Wolf and King K. Rool.

I'm not saying Samurai Goroh flat-out doesn't deserve to be in Smash, I just find him to not be a very interesting choice overall, and he would be pretty low in my consideration list if I had to make a Smash roster.

-----

And for Micaiah, I'll just copy-paste what I previously wrote about her because I think nothing about her changed in my mind:
Fire Emblem character #986... okay, Micaiah chances: 0.25%
The most notable thing Micaiah has going for her is that she's arguably the most famous user of light magic in Fire Emblem, plus she's a protagonist and not some random unit. But in all honesty that's not saying much... with Ike already representing Radiant Dawn (plus Path of Radiance to an extent) and the fact I don't see why Sakurai would (re?)consider her unless she somehow manages to get an impressive ballot support, I can't see her making it.

Any more Fire Emblem characters want: 0%
I'm really, really not excited at all about the possibility of any Fire Emblem newcomer; we're getting Roy, who I'm okay with because of his role into helping making FE a relatively big thing after his appearance in Melee, but anyone else beyond that would feel like it's really pushing it. The "over-representation" thing is not the problem (though I guess it counts for something), but really there are several factors that make me want to not see any Fire Emblem newcomer at this point:

> Fire Emblem characters usually lack star power by themselves, and star power is one of the most important things I'm looking for when considering characters to be playable in Super Smash Bros.;
> there are so many protagonists and characters who stand out from the average units, that it eventually makes none of them stand out;
> the Fire Emblem gameplay is honestly quite hard to translate to the Super Smash Bros. format and I think creating a new moveset to anyone just because they have a different kind of weapon or swordplay style doesn't mean it's worth it. Most of the general FE concepts such as skills (Marth having special moves reminiscent of Luna, Astra and Ambush/Vantage) and magic/multi-weapon moveset (Robin) already had been explored anyway.

Sure, there are unrepresented aspects of the Fire Emblem series which could deserve to be shown in Super Smash Bros. such as lances, axes, dragon transformations, or in the relevant case light magic and staffs but honestly those are not worth a new Smash character moveset imo. If more Fire Emblem characters are added to Smash Bros. to represent those concepts then I'd much rather see them added as Assist Trophies, the area where Fire Emblem is actually quite lacking, rather than underwhelming playable roster choices.

And for Micaiah herself, she's no exception and as much as I love Radiant Dawn I have no desire to see her playable whatsoever; Ike is enough for me. If I want further RD representation I'd much rather have (warning: FE10 spoilers)
a Tower of Guidance stage.
Not to mention one of Micaiah's signature traits is her Sacrifice ability that makes her able to heal other units without staff at the cost of her own HPs... and I can't see how that could translate into Smash. Unless you make it a team battle only ability, but ehh...
-----

Tetris stage prediction: 5.31%
Tetris is technically third-party, and not even owned by either Sega, Namco or Capcom. It won't do well.

Two or more DLC characters from the same series prediction: 42.54%
There are several possibilities for that, though I believe the only plausible ones are another Pokémon veteran returning, both Wolf and Krystal, and both Dixie Kong and King K. Rool; everything else seems like a stretch imo. This will be for sure an interesting day, though with the King K. Rool costume I'm now very confused about his chances, I have no idea whether it's a tease or a death sentence, or if it means nothing, so I'm going to abstain in chances. Such a shame because I was so hyped about rating this before I even started nominating it.

Nominating:
Returning stage: Meta Crystal x5

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Samurai Goroh
Chance: 2.4%
AT from a very dormant franchise.

Interesting, but by no means my favorite.

MicAiAiAi
Chance: 2.4%
An old Fire Emblem character

Want: 20%
I'm not against FE, but I'm for Azura who's infinitely better.

Tetris: 4.6%
2 from the same franchise: 33.6%

King Boo x5

Micaiah
Chance and Want: Double Zeroes
No more FE characters.

Samurai Goroh

Tetris stage prediction: 5%
2 from the same franchise: 22%

Nominations:
King Boo 5x

Chance: 25%
So biased it hurts (though not as much as Drason's rating on Talim's day).

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Samurai Goroh

Want: 90%
Just listen to his theme, and watch him in the anime.

Micaiah

Didn't we already rate her?

Predictions: Tetris stage 5%

Predictions: 2 DLC characters from the same franchise 20%

Nominations: Sturm X5.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So biased it hurts (though not as much as Drason's rating on Talim's day).
To each their own, but compared to notable incidents of bias, this isn't even in the same ballpark and is modest in comparison imo.

Not supporting the rating or anything, just pointing that out.

Last edited:
To each their own, but compared to notable incidents of bias, this isn't even in the same ballpark and is modest in comparison imo.

Not supporting the rating or anything, just pointing that out.
Yeah, I know it's not nearly as bad as some ratings during Geno's day or Drason's rating during Talim's day (most biased rating ever, it should have been ignored imo) that I mentioned earlier. I have nothing against Troykv, it's just that the rating is so clearly biased (considering that he was probably the only one to nominate Micaiah) and is too high considering things against Micaiah (FE being already well-presented, lack of relevancy and ballot support, competition, etc.).

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Samurai Goroh
Chance:
0%

Assist Trophy
Want: 70%
I would be happy if he was playable, but he isn't among my most wanted.

Micaiah
Chance and Want:
Double Zeroes

Copy and paste.
Micaiah
Chance and Want:
Double Zeroes
In terms of chance, her ballot support is minuscule and IS has moved on from her. If anything, they would push for other characters if they wanted to.
In terms of want, I haven't played Radiant Dawn, but I heard that she is a very unlikable character that doesn't grow stronger as a character.
Tetris Stage Prediction: 3.55%
I can't see this happen really.
2 From the Same Franchise Prediction: 24.97%
Most likely might not happen.

Nominations: Guile's Theme 5x

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Micaiah's chances: 0.5% (no change)

She didn't stand a chance before, she doesn't stand one now.

Want: 0% (no change)

I had no interest before, I have no interest now.

Samurai Goroh's chances: 0.5%

Ah, when I first joined Smashboards this character was in my five most wanted. Since then, my interest in an F-Zero has dropped pretty heavily, but I would still enjoy his inclusion.

Tetris stage prediction: 7.82%
2 Characters, 1 Franchise prediction: 19.47%

Nominations: Fossil Fighter x5

D

Deleted member

Micaiah

Chances : 2

Want : 10

Samurai Goroh

Chances : 12

Want : 100

Tetris Stage : 3.45% ( A Dr. Mario stage is in the works without a doubt. And the 2 games are similar, so i can't see a Tetris level happening )
2 Characters from the same franchise 34.23

Nominating : Full Ken Alt for Ryu x5

Top Bottom