• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Waluigi
Chance: 0.4%
Being an Assist Trophy must be half of my explanations nowadays. Doesn't help that Sakurai danced around the fact that he did decide to make Waluigi an Assist instead of actually being playable. I'll give the Mario Crossover guest a small score of 0.4%.
It's not Waluigi time...

Want: 23%
His inclusion would probably make me laugh.

Sami
Chance: 2.5%
Gave her a slightly lower score than what I gave Andy. If there was a game in her franchise that was a little more recent, or even the possibility of one coming in the near future, both of their chances would be a little better. I'll give the Advance Wars CO a score of 2.5%.
Maybe when the Advance Wars franchise picks up again...

Want: 4%
I've got no real reason to want her other than seeing a new franchise get represented in Smash.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Waluigi
Chance: 1%
Want: 75%

Already an assist trophy and Sakurai has basically confirmed that he'll never make it in. Despite this I think Waluigi would actually turn out alright. He would help represent the Mario spin-offs and would just be hilarious.

Sami
Chance: 3%
Want: 65%

Advance Wars hasn't had a game in years and the latest one didn't even feature Sami (as well as the regular Advance Wars cast). I think she'd be an interesting fighter but personally I think Andy would be better as he'd represent the series better.

Meduasa Prediction: 6.32%
Agnes Prediction: 1.47%

Nomination: Mach Rider (x5)

Last edited:

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
Waluigi
Chance: 10%
Assist Trophy, mixed Opinions.

Want: 90% I mean c'mon, for me he is the funniest character in the whole Mario's franchies, what's not to love about him?

Sami:
Chance:
6% She has the fanbase, but Andy it's more iconic

Want: 20% Eh... I want an AW representative, but really, I don't care about Sami at all.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Waluigi - WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA_______[Error - Waa Overload, too much Waa]

Chance
1% - Ah, Waluigi. Sakurai really doesn't seem to like the color purple, does he? Ridley's always condemned to being a boss, and Waluigi's always condemned to an assist trophy, and there's nothing suggesting that that trend will ever change. Poor guy.

Want
60% - I've always felt bad for Waluigi and Daisy. Two integral characters that are always... rather forgotten. What's odd is that they are usually associated with Luigi. Luigi's Wario, Luigi's Peach, and yet they are forever destined to remain forgotten. I feel like they're somewhat of a metaphor for Luigi himself... weird.

Sami - ....................nope, I've got nothing.

Chance
5% - Regarded as a forgotten series, Advance Wars doesn't have any representation in Smash. From what I gather, it wasn't as popular as sister series like FE and Paper Mario. I myself never got into the series, but I see where fans are coming from.

Want
25% - Eh, again, no connection to the series, but, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt for being an Intelligent System character that's not from Fire Emblem.:laugh:

Predictions
Medusa - 5%
Agnes - 2%

Nominations
Eggman X5

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Waluigi:
Chance: 0% - He's already in the game as an Assist Trophy character. Plus, I'm pretty sure Sakurai made it clear that he will never be in Smash Bros. as a fighter.
Want: 0% - I don't like him as a character since the first time I laid eyes on him. Never will.

Sami:
Chance: 1.5% - Uhh...no idea who Sami is.
Want: 0-10% - Again, I don't know who Sami is.

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
Waluigi:
Want: 50%

Sami:

Double abstain

Predictions:
Medusa: 3%
Agnes: 5%

Nominations:
Gardevoir x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Waluigi
Chance: 1% - Spinoff character and Assist Trophy.
Want: 60%

Sami
Chance: 1% - With the exception of Robin and Lucina, getting in ahead of Chrom, no secondary character has ever gotten in ahead of the star. Actually even that could be considered a special case because Fire Emblem was already represented by Marth who's pretty much the face of the whole franchise. put that on top of the issue that Advance Wars is pretty much retired and we have a character who has next to no chance.
Want: 10%

Medusa prediction: 6%
Agnes prediction: 1%

Nominations: Azura x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
WALUIGI
CHANCE: 2.34%
WANT: 43.97%

SAMI
CHANCE: 7.66%
WANT: 39.90%
Next up we're rating Medusa of Kid Icarus and Agnes Oblige of Bravely Default. Also please predict what score Black Shadow and Tetrimino will get tomorrow.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'll...oblige.

Medusa

Chances: 6%

Well...Kid Icarus is seen as biased for the entire game, so who knows. But then again, she's competing with both Viridi and Hades.

Want: 20%

Hades first. If you're adding ANOTHER Kid Icarus character, let it be Hades.

Agnes

Chances: 2%

Third party. Square to boot.

Want: Abstain

Never played BD.

Predictions:

Black Shadow: 5%
Tetromino: 3%

Nominate: Delphox x5

D

Deleted member

Medusa

Chance: 5%

[Insert statement about Sakurai's bias here]

Anyway, I don't recall her having much ballot support, and Hades is certainly the higher contender for a Kid Icarus villain.

Want: 50%

I wouldn't mind her inclusion, though I'd prefer Hades.

Agnes

She's a recent character with some ballot support, but she's owned by the stingy Square Enix.

This is getting tiresome.

Want: 70%

I played the Bravely Default demo on a few occasions and enjoyed it. The full game has been on my radar for some time now and I'd probably enjoy Agnes' inclusion in Smash.

Predictions:

Black Shadow - 5%

"Watashi wa shinen! SHINENZUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!"

Tetrimino - 7.5%

Nomination: Young Link x5

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Medusa

Chance: 7%
It is possible that Sakurai is aware of some fans being a little annoyed with the content Kid Icarus had received in the game...Three playable characters, a gazillion Smash Run enemies, Palutena's Guidance, a new GIANT stage, a bunch of Assist Trophies, and Palutena's better than most other character's custom moves...though most people are more vocal about Dark Pit being an almost exact copy of Pit...
Now I'm wondering if Sakurai had even considered Medusa? She is pretty much the main antagonist of KI even though she was acting under Hades, but that pretty much is the case for Ridley in Metroid as he is the main bad guy but never the Top Dog in the games he's featured in...unless you wanna count Mecha Ridley of course...Anyways Medusa was not only pretty much the main antagonist, but she was also one of the first female villains in gaming to my knowledge...so she's got that as well...
The main problem is, Kid Icarus has already received a crap ton of content in this game and possibly as a result Medusa doesn't get a whole lot of support, save from actual KI fans, but that support is still split between her, Hades, and Viridi...Things aren't looking to good for the Snake headed Villainess...but she's got Sakubias in her favour!!!:grin:

----

Want: 30%
I'm actually kinda fine with Medusa, she's pretty cool, by all rights she should've been the Third Kid Icarus character instead of Dark Pit, (yes I am aware that Dark Pit was easy to make, and it wasn't a choice between him and her, blah blah)...It's just based on principle...I probably would be more enthusiastic for Medusa if Dark Pit wasn't in the game as a separate playable character...

----

Agnes Oblige

Blah Blah, Square, Blah Blah, not really iconic, Blah Blah...pretty much see any arguments used for Black Mage except minus the iconic status in gaming and being apart of one of gaming's largest franchises...

----

Want: 4%
Not really interested...

----

Prediction:
Black Shadow: 6.8%
A lot of people suggest changing Ganondorf's moveset and giving Black Shadow his current one...I am heavily against this, despite wanting a better moveset for Ganon, this isn't the way to do it...

Tetrimino: 0.2%
Tetris music was featured in Smash so it's not totally out of the question, but if we do get additional Tetris content I cannot see a Tetrimino being made playable because of how 'blocky' it is, it would perhaps have a very unorthodox playstyle, and not in a good way, perhaps an Assist at best...but not as a playable character, since y'know it technically isn't a character...

----

Nominations:
Concept: DLC Adventure Mode x3
Concept: New Metroid Prime Stage x2

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Medusa
Chance - 45%
Want - 70%

Anges
Chance - 6%
Want - 2%

Predictions
Black Shadow - 6%
Tetromino - 4%

Nominations - Smash 5 has a 10 year wait cycle x 5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Medussa

Chance - 0.15% - Middling support from a franchise that has already received complaints about over representation and has competition from two other characters and is almost all but not quite forgotten in her own game. Yeah, he's not going to have any such luck after this point. Don't see her having much chance at all.

Want - 37% - I'm a fan of Kid Icarus, and even I think there are a few too many characters. Give me next game, and I'll come around.

Anges

Chance - 0% - Her getting in over either a Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy character is a laughable idea. Square Enix would definitely go with one of their big dogs.

Want - 48.5% - Eh... mostly neutral, but I'm a Slime Supporter, so...

Well, I won for Waluigi, way to go for me.

Nominations
Secondary Ballot X10

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Medusa

Medusa is arguably the main antagonist for the majority of the Kid Icarus series, even though she was really acting under the control of Hades, the true antagonist of the series. She is also one of the first female villains in gaming history (and it definitely wouldn't hurt to add more female fighters into the roster). Combining these two facts together, one can already she has quite the celebrity status.

In addition to facing competition with Hades and Viridi for the fourth Kid Icarus rep, there's also many smashers pointing out that the Kid Icarus series is already over-represented in Smash Bros thanks to having a Classic Mode difficulty setting much KI:Uprising, lots of Smash Run enemies coming from that same game, Palutena's Guidance, etc. This is what hurts her chances the most.

Want: 40%

If I had to pick another Kid Icarus rep, I'd definitely pick Medusa because we are yet to see a true female villain join the roster (not counting Wendy O. Koopa), and she could have a very interesting moveset where they could take moves from her Boss Battle in KI:Uprising. Hades is a close second for a new KI rep.

Agnes

Another Square Enix rep whose chances are severely hurt by the fact she is third party and her company being quite selective when it comes to character inclusions in other games. She also lacks Smash Ballot support for the Square Enix department. However, her female and mage status definitely keep her chances from reaching zero, especially since the Smash Bros roster could use some more magic-users.

I have never played the Bravely Default games, nor do I much else about Agnes. That being said, I can't really say whether I want her in or not.

Predictions:

Black Shadow (F-Zero): 6.35%
Tetrimono (Tetris): 4.70%

Nominations:

Jean Descole (Professor Layton): x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Medusa:

Chance: 15%

A little high maybe? The Sakubias help a little bit her, also have A LOT less problems to be introduced because Sakurai doesn't need ask. Also has relevancy, and some Ballot Support.

She looks interesting

Agnes:

Chance: 0.5%

Uff... Is a popular character, but doesn't have iconic status... That hurts a lot a Third Party.

Want: 80%

I played her game... And I love it.

Predictions:

Black Shadow: 12%
Tetriminio: 1.2%

Nominations:

Adeleine x5

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Medusa: Chances: 100% Japan is having a bloom of Seajellies, thus confirming Medusae.

"A free-swimming sexual form of a coelenterate such as a jellyfish, typically having an umbrella-shaped body with stinging tentacles around the edge. In some species, medusae are a phase in the life cycle that alternates with a polypoid phase."

Wait, I think this might be the wrong Medusa, tis a shame, I'd main the sea jelly.

Actual Medusa:

Chances: 10%
Normally I'd give a 0.5 or so % to a character in a over-repped series, that has low demand and such, but I feel Sakurai may let his bias get a hold of him again.

Want: 0%
No. More. Kid. Icarus. Please. Seriously, I don't like all the attention it's been receiving this game, especially when it's been at the expense of multiple larger franchises :glare:.

Agnes Oblige:
Man what is up with all the Square Enix characters here lately? Is there something I've been missing?

Chances: 1% A third party with some demand, not very much history, and has to compete with the rest of the third party candidates, and then her own company's reps.

Want: I abstain.
Predictions: Black Shadow: 8%
Tetrinimio 2%
Nominations: Dr. Eggman x 5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Medusa chances and want: abstain
Eh, I'm apathetic towards any more Kid Icarus potential newcomer we're discussing at this point. And while on one hand I'd feel kinda tired by Kid Icarus contents, more villains to the roster could be cool additions.

-----

Agnès chances: 0.09%
Bravely Default has quite some success on 3DS as a series, but is nowhere near influent enough to warrant playable Smash representation unless the series becomes much more open to third-parties as it is currently.

Agnès want: 0%
A series I have no connection with and had no strong impact on Nintendo. I'm sorry but it would wide open the floodgate for third-parties with at least moderate success on Nintendo consoles, which is something I don't want to see. Pass.

-----

Black Shadow prediction: 2.45%
A common suggestion to take Ganondorf's moveset and give him his a brand new one, but that's pretty much a pipe dream for DLC.

Tetrimino prediction: 0.23%
IT'S HAPPENING!! The fact no Tetris character was rated in the original RTC was a crime and needed to be fixed; I'm so hyped for this day! A Tetris block would have a very unique moveset and give playable representation to what's one of the most influent titles ever on Nintendo, but I have a feeling most people will not take this idea seriously. Anyway, I'm ready to be flooded by a wave of zeroes.

Nominating: extra nominations unleashed!!
(Rerate) Playable newcomer: Rayman x10
In all honesty I don't believe he's top 10 of chances material. I'm looking for a lower chances score, and maybe a higher want one as well?

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Quite the pair of femme fatales tonight. Though I can't imagine they'd get along very well...

--

Medusa

Chance: 6.5%
I remember seeing some Medusa support back before we even saw Palutena get revealed, actually. She's had a steady--albeit small--support base for a while now, and since unlike Viridi she isn't currently a stage element, it may give her a leg up among the Kid Icarus candidates.

...Only for that "Kid Icarus" part to severely limit her chances. A lot of the fanbase is sick and tired of what they perceive as favoritism toward the series, meaning it'll be harder for Medusa to gain support than characters from nearly any other franchise. With such limited ability to grow and upend the status quo, I can't say I see her rising from the depths of the underworld any time soon.

As another potential spellcaster and a rare wielder of darkness, she's kind of interesting. Even with that, though, she kind of falls low on my list.

Agnes Oblige

Chance: 3%

Bravely Default has really kicked off well, as far as new series go. The original is held in high regard--well, except for a certain stretch before the endgame--and people seem really interested in seeing what the sequel has in store. Does that carry far enough for a character to get into Smash, though?

Based on the third party characters we've had so far, I doubt it. Even though she's a key part of an up and coming series, Agnes pales in comparison to the icons we've seen enter the realm of Smash. For the time being, that really kills her chances.

I haven't had the chance to play Bravely Default, either. It's a shame, too; I was really interested when it first came out...

Black Shadow Prediction: 3.75%

The main argument for his inclusion before was to take Ganondorf's semi-clone moveset and leave Ganon free to get a new one. Since they can't change Ganon's moves mid-game...well, I don't see him getting high marks from anyone who doesn't pull the "needs more reps" card.

Tetrimino Prediction: 3.12%
Talk about your oddball candidates. Despite any iconic status, lack of support and some questions about actually being viable in Smash will sink this one.

Nominations: Delphox x5

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66
Medusa

Chance: 9%

She's got competition, isn't highly requested, isn't Hades, and Kid Icarus has three reps with is arguably pushing it let alone four albeit one of these characters is a clone.

Want: 35%

She could be a trap character and that would be pretty darn cool.

Anges: Abstain

Nominations

Hades x5

D

Deleted member

Medusa

Chances : 7%

Want : 14%

AgneHOO?

Abstain.

Noms... well, given that Black Shadows day is just around the corner....

Hades x5. Only because thats the character beating up Medusa's chances. Man, i haven't even played KI:U...

Predictions

Black Shadow : 12.00+ at best. Before my support thread slowly died, i knew that A LOT of f-zero fans out there want this character.

Tetrimino : A piece of tetris as a fighting smash brother? 3.45%

Medusa
Chance: 5% (no more Kid Icarus characters)
Want: 0% (no more Kid Icarus characters)

Agnes

Black Shadow prediction: 6%

Tetrimino prediction: 1%

Nominations: Agumon 10x

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Medusa

Chance: 0%
No more Kid Icarus characters

Want: 1%
No more Kid Icarus characters

Agnes

Chance:0%

Want:0%

Predictions: Black Shadow 7%

Predictions: Tetrimino 1%

Nominations: Pious X5.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I don't know, he probably skinned Nabbit alive just to wear that outfit anyways.

:troll:
Nabbit's too fast for that to happen.

Medusa
Chance:
6%
Not exactly wanted, but an important part of KI so just maybe.

Yeah, we might want less KI, (but I feel that is mostly redeemed when DK gets K. Rool) but we also want:

-More females:
Now this isn't as needed as back in Brawl, where there were only three and a half female characters, but a female would still bring a bit more variety.

-More villains:
There's a PITful amount of villains in Smash, and with Ridley not being a possibility, there aren't an awful lot of baddies left, unless we put in every Mario villain but who wants that? (Me. I want that. But never mind)

-Dark magic:
Right now, this effect is only used by Ganondorf and Mewtwo, but I'm not only talking about the effect, but also about the style.
Most magic in game are sparkles that augment an attack.
With Medusa, this grows into stone-making and other things that might be edited in later.

-Trap characters:
Duck Hunt, Pac-Man and maybe Bowser Jr. with his MechaKoopa resemble any kind of trapping playstyle.
Medusa could do it, and with even more sadistic traps than Duck Hunt.

As you can see, Medusa kills three birds with one killed bird that was turned into stone and thrown at the other three birds, essentially killing four birds.

Normally I'd say anyone can be unique, but nobody else can kill that many birdstones, aside from King Kruel.

Oblige:
Completely Abstain.

Never played the games, and I don't even know which company makes these games so I'm not gonna bother.

Black Shadow: 5.6%
Tetromino: 2.3%

Azura x5

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Medusa, the Queen of the Underworld

Chances: 30%

I may rate "high" because of my personal bias, but for once I trust Sakurai's own bias :troll:
Joking aside, she is the main / recurring villain in KI, and a female villain on top of that. She is unique as a character and as a smash fighter thanks to her abilities. She is also a classic KI character and therefore a classic NES character (I admit that I missed the NES era, being a Sega player at that time, but KI seemed bigger than I thought).
On the topic of importance, she also get a rare AR card, like Palutena.

In a nutshell, she is important to the serie. For the moveset potential, I invite you to go on her thread :awesome:

About Hades and Viridi, as I don't see the ballot like a popularity vote (only), I think that every KI votes boost the chances of all KI characters. Same applies to all series, of course. But I do think that Medusa hold the best moveset potential among the three gods. The main thing against her would still be Hades' popularity I guess.

Want: Over 9000 100%
Welp. I think it's clear with my avatar and signature. And the fact that I own the Medusa thread now :awesome:

Agnes: Abstain
I know too little about the character.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Medusssssssssssa

There isn't technically anything holding her back, she's just not seemingly in the top popular choices in the ballot and Sakurai claiming fanservice. Also I feel he'd go for Hades before Medusa if Uprising Bias occurs having seen what happens to her within it.

Want: 60%
The only Kid Icarus character I can vaguely tolerate. Mostly because she's played 100% straight whilst everyone else is making 'hilarious' (N)in-jokes about Nintendogs. Yes I'm aware the gods are meant to be a bunch of jackasses.

In the context of Smash she'd be a pretty interesting trap-esque character with the genuinely cool ability to turn opponents briefly to stone. Potentially could summon some of those Smash Run enemies to fight for her too. May as well re-use assets if she gets in.

Agnes Oblige
Chance: 0.1%

Not getting the votes I guess. Probably not the character Square would push forward either despite her role in both Bravely games.

I don't know enough about her to care really. Sorry Square.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Medusa
Chance 1%
Want 30%

Agnes
Double 0%

Prediction
Black Shadow 3.73%
Tetromino 2.42%

Nominate all veterans returning

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Medusa:
Chance: 2.5% - Most people are pretty annoyed with all the Kid Icarus content in the games for some reason.
Want: 20% - She seems like a good contender but not enough to get my vote.

Agnes Oblige:
Chance: 10-30% - They would have to ask Square Enix for her inclusion.
Want: 70% - She is a "vestal" after all. That's all I could say.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
MEDUSA
CHANCE: 5%
Kid Icarus has a lot more on its plate than it can hold in the main game itself, and any further additions will not paint a favourable image of Sakurai. Other than that, she doesn't have a whole lot of support.

WANT: 5%
I have nothing against the character herself, but I'd prefer other franchises and characters to be favoured instead.​

AGNES
CHANCE: 0%
A comparatively less stellar character from a rather stingy company who doesn't have anything in Smash at the moment, is a not a good résumé.

WANT: 25%
I've been interested in Bravely Default, but have yet to play it. So a small want from me.​

:231:

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Agnes Oblige Chance:

10%

Agnes Oblige is one of the four main characters in Bravely Default. This franchise has gotten to be one of Square's most successful franchises on the 3DS, selling over 1 million copies with the sequel and original sales combined. This makes her one of the frontrunners if Square Enix got a character in Smash. Her main games have been released exclusively to Nintendo portables so far, with her games being published by Nintendo outside of Japan, giving the franchise and Nintendo a pretty ok relationship so far.

Agnes herself is a well-liked character and pretty popular (within her franchise) among the fans with a fully coated personality of being proper, polite and chaste. She also is well remembered for her trademark word "Unacceptable!" as people play Bravely Default's story, which became a meme in of itself when the game first released. She happens to be the mascot of the franchise too, as she is the most promoted character for the games, making her the first choice of recommendation for a Bravely character.

How did Bravely Default become a success? The majority of critics point out to the reinvented RPG gameplay mechanics, the Brave Default mechanic. One of the core aspects of gameplay is the option to both "Default", an option which allows the player to store battle points for later and to defend, and "Brave", in which the character selected unleashes multiple attacks in a single turn.

It's an RPG with a risk and reward system and offers many tactical possibilities. Pick the Brave option and you can take an extra go - up to four moves per turn – but doing so leaves you unable to move again for that number of turns. Pick Default instead, and you’ll simultaneously store up Brave Points while reducing the damage you take from enemy attacks – so if you wait three turns, you can launch multiple attacks and still be free to defend or heal yourself before your opponent launches their next offensive. It’s often better to mix and match, so you’ve always got at least one team member free per turn to protect others or heal; alternatively, you could use one team member to identify an enemy’s elemental weakness so that the ally moving next can imbue their sword with the appropriate magic. Enemies can do this "Brave Default" mechanic too, which gives each battle a different challenge. I recommend looking for videos of Bravely Default gameplay if you don't get what I'm saying here. It's a gameplay mechanic that can translate to Smash very well which can work as a distinct playstyle for Agnes, which is one of the selling factors for Agnes' inclusion.

The positives end there sadly. The most important thing she's lacking to be a ballot candidate is notable support, just like Black Mage. She is not among the top 3rd parties people vote in various ballot polls, and most of the time, she isn't in the polls at all.

Overall, the success of the franchise, her moveset potential, exclusivity with Nintendo, and personality are the main reasons why I gave her a chance score of 10%, but Agnes being one of the less voted in the ballot is a large wall against her inclusion.

Agnes Want:
90%
I want her pretty badly. I love the moveset potential she provides and her personality. And the music tracks she would provide would be amazing to have too. I really wish this character had more support, I've been pushing her inclusion pretty hard since the ballot and ok progress has been made so far. I highly recommend that you guys play Bravely Default, you are missing out on a great 3DS RPG! If it weren't the support thread, I probably would've never played this amazing game.

Nominations:
x5 Unpopular Newcomer

Awww crap i never did post that list.

Okay so thise with little knowledge of bravely default, here is every single thing Agnes can take moveset potential from and thays ignoring brave/default and any bravely second classes
  • Freelancer
  • Monk
  • White Mage
  • Black Mage
  • Knight
  • Thief
  • Merchant
  • Spell Fencer
  • Time Mage
  • Ranger
  • Summoner
  • Valkyrie
  • Red Mage
  • Salve-Maker
  • Performer
  • Pirate
  • Ninja
  • Swordmaster
  • Arcanist
  • Spiritmaster
  • Dark Knight
  • Templar
  • Conjurer
  • Vampire
Yeah. Plenty of stuff there. I nominated this mostly for want score anyway. Just like viridi

Will rate later

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

CHANCE 0 OMG SHE IS TOO BIG!!! HER HAND IS THE SIZE OF PIT!!! RESIZING HER WOULD BE UNTRUE TO THE CHARACTER!!! WE NEED SOMEONE WHO IS CLOSER IN SIZE TO THE REST OF THE CAST!!!

better

...well...isn't it fun to flip arguments around?

Anyway...

Medusa

Want: 10%
Yay for the Sakuraibias argument! Unfortunately, he knows that a lot of people think he's biased (but strangely enough thinks it's due to strength and not just a sheer amount of content), so he may be a bit hesitant to add more content from KI. See arguments for Viridi...​
Honestly, there's really not much holding her back at all...

Except the fanbase did get up in arms about how full of bias the roster currently is, and that may cause them to hold off on this series, especially since KI has been getting the brunt of that attack (admittedly, it's kind of deserved - StarFox: 2 PCs, 7 games; Metroid: 2 PCs, 14 games; DK: 2 PCs, 29 games vs. Kid Icarus: 3 PCs, 3 games). Even though Viridi is Sakurai's baby, he may decide to hold off because of the massive salt wave when a majority of the fanbase panned his other baby the edgy clone .

Ironically, if that's the case, that would mean that him deciding to put Dark Pit into the game as a full character ends up blocking out Viridi, Medusa, or Hades, any or all of whom would probably be much better received...

So I think that DP really screwed all other KI representatives out of appearing. Which is a shame in her case since Medusa's been around for a while - unlike DP - and [opinion incoming] would have been WAY more interesting than an edgy palette swap. C'est la vie...

Agnes

Can we go for two days without rating a Square Enix character? I think all arguments have been made at this point.

This is "Nintendo's Super Smash Bros", not "Battle of the Square Enix All-Stars and a few random Nintendo characters, presented by Nintendo"
Predict Black Shadow: 5.9%
Predict Tetrimino Tetromino Tetromini Tetris Block 0.9%

Nom: Melee Classic mode x5

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Medusa
Chance- 7%
Sakurai knows we think he's biased, so he might hold off. She has competition from within her series, as well. And based off the way she was treated in Uprising, I'm not sure how much Sakurai cares about the character. Still… it's not like she'd be such an unreasonable choice.
Want- 20%
Would be more Kid Icarus, which kind of holds her back.
Even though I thought she was rather boring in Uprising, she still has some series importance. And she'd be a female villain. That's cool.

Agnes
Chance- 2.25%
Somewhat obscure third party, owned by Square Enix, not requested.
I'll give her a little more than most Square characters for the reason that she's at least relevant, and her game was successful.
Want- 25%
I think she could be an interesting character. I'm not huge on third party characters, but her game is interesting… and it's associated with Nintendo. That's a big plus for me.

Black Shadow Predictions- 9%
Tetrimino Predictions- 1.5%
Nominations:

Adeleine x5

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Medusa

The lack of ballot support kills her.

I want Hades more, but I'd still like to see her in.

Agnes

And while we're on the subject of murder by lack of support...
Btw, every time we do a SE character from now on, I'm gonna just throw in a link to show people that the "Square Enix is strict with their IP's arguments is a load of non-sense:
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/2...with-other-developers/?onswipe_redirect=never

I want to want this character, but I've never played her game. I'll get started on that soon enough.

Nomination: Hades x5

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Medusa:

Chance: 15%
Want: 80%

Nominations:
Full Ken Alt for Ryu x5

Laniv

Smash Lord
Medusa:

Chance: 12%
"Oh, great, more Kid Icarus!" --most fans

Want: 100%
Confession time: A long, long time ago, when SSB4 's first trailers came out, I wanted Medusa over Palutena.

Agnes: Double Abstain

Predictions for Black Shadow: 9% Chance, 78% Want.
Predictions for Tetromino: 12% Chance, 54% Want.

Nominate Savvy Stylist x 5

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Medusa
Chance:
5%

An important character in the Kid Icarus lore.
However, ballot support is small, she is the main villain in Uprising up until a certain point, and people are sick of Kid Icarus content already.

...And I am sick of it as well. Other than having one more character become playable, I don't want any more KI content. I'm still sour how KI got a bunch of new content while others were left in the dust.

Agnes
Chance and Want:
Double Zeroes

For Chance, she's a Square character, her ballot support is low, and she isn't legendary like Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Ryu.
For Want, I rather have other characters.

Black Shadow Prediction: 6.84%
I doubt this will happen. The semi-clone thing is probably dead now because, for the most ungodly reason, Ganondorf is still a semi-clone of Falcon.
Tetromino Prediction: 1.45%
I doubt this will go well.

Nominations: Young Link 5x

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Medusa

Chance: 7%
The stigma of bias, the heat the series gals gotten and :4darkpit: just killed whatever chance she has and I doubt Sakurai will ever put her in

Want:100%
She's the one character I wanted from the series. She can be easily implemented from using :4palutena: structure and taking some of her custom movesets as her own original moveset and make variations of them for her future customs.

Plus she's a villain and the perfect Villain, Hades doesn't have the popularity he has in the west due to how NOA dubbing have him character and really isn't that special and Viridi has zero shot so Medusa is perfect fill for a villain and she's the first villain of the series.

I wish it was Medusa that got in instead of Dark Pit

Agnes

Chance & Want:N/A

Nominations:
Starman(NES Pro Wrestling) x5
Isa x5

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I feel like DK was the only series that got "shafted" in favor of Kid Icarus.
If King Kruel or Dixie would've made base roster and would've brought stages with them everything would be fine.

Yeah, there would've been some differences in items, but I don't feel like those are Day Dealbreakers.

But Smash Run still is Bias Trial Uprising

Top Bottom