• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

EmpoleonArrow

Smash Rookie
Chance: 80% It seems very likely,although Sakurai has said that making one fighter does take a lot of time
Want: 100% the more the merrier, new characters either newcomer or returning veteran will keep the excitement for the game

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Hmmm, I'm sure it said 6+ last time I checked...

7+ DLC Characters:

Chance 70%:
If this happens to be the final game, then I think this IS the only way to keep up sales (and hype). As long as the number of DLC Characters won't be too dominant, it is still possible to expand. 6 doesn't seems to be too much, but would still make sense if developers want to stop here.

Want 5%:
I'm sorry to say, but given the current characters, and if what I want comes back (Which I assume is considered likely for all of you), then I really don't want more. With the amounts of disgusting 3rd party choices, minuscule franchise choices, and minority 1st party choices, it really hurts for me to think about the future of DLC if this continues.

Nominations:
Slippy Toad x4
New Palutena's Guidance x1

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
I have a quick question @ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice
Can I request that a certain character should be rated later until I say so.
I really want a quality Bayonetta analysis, and I don't want to disappoint people with a short rating. :<
Were you even nominating Bayonetta? I'd probably only agree to a request like this if it was for the people who were nominating the character in question.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Y'know what they say about the more the merrier?...well there is a reason they say it...Because MOAR CHARACTERS makes MERRIER CUSTOMERS!!!

Concept: 7+ DLC Characters

Chance: 95%
Am I optimisitc? Yes! Am I realistic! Correct also! Here's the thing, first Sakurai stated that he wants to gives us as much DLc as possible. Simple enough, is he referring to playalbe characters, yes and no. He's stated he got a lot planned for DLC including new modes and we will likely get a bunch of new stages as well. But there's also some interesting stuff found during the data mining of this game since the recent 1.0,6 patch. 5 Placeholder Marios were found, indicating placeholders for new characters. Actually there were 6 added as Mewtwo is already taking up one of those, and Lucas will likely take up another...Then both Roy and Ryu if the leak is anything to go by, will take up another two, and everyone is pretty much banking their parent's fortune of wolf taking another...DLC gives us so much and if this is correct then we will only have two spots for newcomers (inlcuding Ryu's sopt)...Is Sakurai really only planning on adding one or two newcomers?
But the thing is, patching is a frequent agenda, whether it is balancing, or fixing glitches or adding new data, with patching the dev team could very easily jsut add more slots for more characters, which to me iis very likely, especially with the fighter Ballot ending in October (all teh way to October almost the entire year for fans to vote for who they want) Why bother creating such a huge ballot that will definitely garner a ton of fan requests if they aren't going to pull some of the requested characters for DLC?

Anyways...It seems pretty likely that we will get 7+ DLC Characters especially seeing as so far we are getting veterans back, with Mewtwo and Lucas already confirmed Roy a part of a leak and Wolf seemingly/assumed a shoe-in, that's 4 characters right there, 5 if you count newcomer Ryu into the mix...And with Sakurai likely working on a bunch of new DLC for the coming years, 7 seems a fairly low number in that regard. Especially with the amount of characters being pushed through teh Fighter Ballot...My estimates are at about 10min to 15max...

----

Want: 100%
As I said the more the merrier! I'm very eager to see who the first newcomer will be (likely ryu) but I'm sure Sakurai's got other stuff hidden up those trollish sleeves of his...
Maybe Sakurai's gone back on his word and adds Ridley through DLC? or he'll expand to other third parties with Rayman being a likely candidate...He may look back on Nintendo's History and add characters that should've been apart of the fray since the beginning like Banjo & Kazooie and King K Rool!
Who knows, only Sakurai!
But I'm eagerly awaiting to have some new characters unveiled that will set the world on fire!

I'm actually expecting more than one character reveal at E3 that will make at least 4 pre-ballot DLC characters which is already more than half so far...

----

Predicition: 6.7%
Viridi
She does have a fair amount of representation in Smash already, given her role in the Palutena's Guidance, and in the Reset Bomb Stage, as well as a bunch of her minions in Smash Run...I can't help but feel that Sakurai has no intention of adding her beyond what she has in game already though...especially if there isn't a lot of demand for her...

----

Nominations:
Concept: DLC Adventure Mode x3 (With more/better bosses, Kraid? Gohma? Draggadon? One of the Splatoon Hero Mode Bosses? MEGA FREEEKING RAYQUAZA!!!!!)
Concept: Alpha Stage x1 (y'know Smashville is actually one of the most picked stages in tournament, possible Sigma Stages?)
!Rerate: Inklings x1 (I've got an Inkling some ratings are going to change)

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
7+ DLC Characters
Chance- 70%
I honestly don't think it will be that much more (7 or 8), but with already having four (probably), it's hard to imaging we aren't getting Wolf and at least two from the ballot. That right there is enough. I don't think it's a guarantee, though.
Want- 100%
Umm… how about yes?
The more characters there are, the more chances there are of some of them being characters I really want. We haven't had one yet that gets me super excited (don't take that wrong- Mewtwo was great, and Lucas is fine, too. They're just not my top favorites).

Viridi Predictions- 9%
Nominations:

Crono x5

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
You know what they say, the more the-

...What do you mean, "it's been done already"!?

--

Concept: Seven or More DLC Characters

Chance: 90%
Another case where most of what we can go on is speculation...but there is some concrete information. Two characters have been confirmed, two more tied to the games' code, and Wolf certainly seems likely. Data mining of the 3DS version has found five placeholder spots after Mewtwo in the code, meaning at least six characters are probably in the books. The question is whether there'll be any beyond that.

Fortunately for all of us who have characters we're invested in, the evidence points toward it happening. Sakurai went on word saying he wants to make as many fans happy as possible, and while he's a known eccentric whose statements aren't always true at face value, he pours so much of his heart and soul into his games (at the expense of his health, in fact...unfortunately) that this one seems believable.

Furthermore, if Ryu and Roy are distinct characters, that'd be four DLC characters right there, and five with Wolf...and what are the odds that they'll only pull one character from the Smash Ballot? If they really only wanted to add one or maybe two fan requests, all they'd have to do is lie low and look around the Internet for which of them are the most requested, then reveal them in an explosion of hype. And seriously, do you mean to tell me Nintendo would create the Smash Ballot, with all its pomp and circumstance, to only use it for a single character? It'd be a **** move. More importantly, it'd be completely out of character.

So overall? It does seem really likely we'll be getting extended DLC. I can't speak for everyone here, but that certainly seems like a good thing.

With every Smash game comes a handful of characters that fall short of making it. Some just aren't high enough priority, others are fan favorites that the dev team passes on, or any number of reasons. If some of them can make it now, then the Smash Ballot is a success.

...Although...personally, if all we got were veterans for seniority's sake and whichever characters have a bandwagon at the moment (not naming any names), at the expense of so many other characters with so much potential...I'd be disappointed. But at least there'd be other parts of the fanbase that'd be happy.

Viridi Prediction: 6.87%
With flagging support and general indifference, she won't rank very high...though I'm willing to bet she gets boosted a little by people who forget she's a stage element in the 3DS version.

Nominations:
Absol x5

Last edited:

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
7+ characters:

“It’s All About Making Players Happy”- Sakurai, 2015
2 DLC characters are already shown, and there's evidence that 4-5 more are on the way( Ryu and Roy being among them). Which shows that, at the very least, that this is the amount of characters being worked. We also don't know how many characters they plan to take from the ballot.

Whatever keeps this train moving, I'm all for it.

Prediction:Viridi:
Chance: 10%
Want: 30%

Nomination: Sora x5

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
7+ DLC characters.

Chance: 89%
It's very plausible we'll get more DLC after the ones we know of - Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy and Ryu, with lots of us assuming Wolf's a lock at this point, That's pretty much five. We could have at least four or five DLC characters that are picked from the Ballot!

Want:
100%

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Chance: 85%

It's pretty clear this is something that will very likely happen. I remember a few days after the Roy and Ryu leak came out, the same leaker found five more character slots that prove more DLC characters are on the way (I can't find the link, but I do remember that day pretty well). That alone confirms DLC isn't going to end with Roy and Ryu, and 7 is a good starting number for added DLC characters. 8 to 9 additional DLC characters are also likely, but 10+? Eh, might be a bit too high, but hey, it could happen.

The only factor that may be holding back this concept from happening is the entire deal of how long it takes to create a character for Smash Bros, so Sakurai could decide the final cut on the number so that they wouldn't have to work with creating 15 characters. Then again, I believe he will ensure 7 DLC characters will be present at the very least. He even admitted that DLC characters is a good idea considering it creates the feel of aniticipation and excitement over "Who's going to join the battle next."

The more DLC fighters we get, the better. I love seeing additional characters because it just makes the game more thrilling in every possible way, whether it be anticipating/watching new reveal trailers or trying out even more new movesets.

Nominations:

Jean Descole (Professor Layton): x4
Gallade (Pokemon): x1

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
7+ DLC characters

Lets face it Smash Bros is Pure Hype and one of Nintendo's Biggest money makers so more character DLC means more profit for Nintendo. The only bad thing is I don't want Sakurai to suffer since we know about his bad health.

The more the merrier is what I always say when it comes to Smash Bros. THE HYPE TRAIN NEVER STOPS!!

Nom: Dragon Quest Hero x5

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Congratulations to Chibi-Robo for getting enough attention from RTC fans to be featured on the top 10 in want! He managed to get a higher want score than Bandanna Dee, Banjo-Kazooie, Snake and Roy, pushing the later outside of the top 10. This is, by the way, the first time the top 10 of want is changing.

Link: http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/414394RTCDLCTop10want2.png
I feel so much like an outlier after giving him less than 10% chances lol.

Seven or more DLC characters chances: 72%
I used to think that we were for sure getting more than just one newcomer chosen with the official Smash ballot as a factor, however I started to consider the possibility of getting just one and nothing more. Assuming we're getting a new character every two months, after Lucas we'll get one for August, one for October, for December, and February 2016, and we we go beyond, then April and June 2016; though nothing proves that this pattern will not broken by more irregular releases. A total of six characters at least is pretty much a lock with Roy, Ryu and Wolf being themselves locks, the former two because of the data leak and the later because of obvious reasons, all without the need of the Ballot's help. Speaking of which, it basically guarantees at least one newcomer considering its nature ("suggest any video game character and we'll consider them").

As Smash DLC is a gold mine for Nintendo and fans tend to want as much characters as possible, I think it's fairly likely that Nintendo will try to go further than six by introducing several highly nominated newcomers; the way how they promoted the Ballot is notably implying that they're going to introduce several characters, not many, but not just one. At the same time the Smash 4 roster hype will have to go down once and for all at some point in the future, or the total price of all DLC characters is going to be ridiculous. For example, if we get just six characters, they'll together cost about 24$, which is almost half the price of the base game! (And 30$ for both versions) Combined with Mii costumes and new stages, as well as other potential DLCs such as costumes for other characters and custom moves, I wouldn't be surprised if the total price of all DLCs is going to be as high as the base game, for an amount and quality of contents which I doubt is going to compare with Mario Kart 8 which is widely considered as a game with exemplary good handling of DLC.

While we used to think that the five empty slots after Mewtwo on the official website meant nothing due to the number of empty slots depending on your device (for what I believe six on PCs but more on mobiles) it had been updated with Lucas' addition on the website to only show four empty slots after him and Mewtwo regardless of the device you're using, which may mean something... in other words, there's the possibility that Nintendo standardized their empty slots on the official website as a way to be in accordance with their plans with Smash DLC characters. Data mining also revealed room for five more characters after Mewtwo, with those currently associated with Mario and most likely as placeholders. Though if Nintendo wants to go further and add more slots on the website and in the game's data I have little doubt they'll do it.

Overall how the Smash Ballot is be advertised seems to mean several contenders will be chosen from it, but at the same time the eventually absurd price to pay to get all DLC characters and the suspicious empty slots standardization makes me believe they'll maybe stop after once they choose the only one Ballot newcomer.

Seven or more DLC characters want: 80% *activates flame shield for not giving an absolute 100%*
And I'd honestly be fine with six characters and nothing else beyond that. The roster is already awesome as it is, with DLCs increasing its quality even further by rectifying several character cuts including the long overdue Mewtwo, and I'm sure the Ballot-chosen newcomer will be a fantastic character addition. Getting even more characters would be nice since every character announcement is super hype and getting just and only one newcomer from the Ballot would be... eh, kinda lame if you ask me. But with the current sheer diversity of the roster I'm honestly not asking for a ton of newcomers; I'm willing to wait for SSB5 for that instead of spending an absurd amount of money on DLCs for one single game. Still, I'd like to see several newcomers and not just one from the Ballot, as it will increase the chances of getting characters I truly care about while seeing other people happy at the same time by getting other characters they want.

Viridi prediction: 3.21%
Pit: Who is that?
Palutena: I have no data on this fighter. I can't believe it!
Viridi: It must be an intruder from another dim... oh wait

Nominating:
Concept: Battlefield form stages x4
Playable newcomer: Tetrimino x1

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd figure that I should put in my two cents here:

7+ characters:
Chance: 50%

Logically this makes a lot of sense; Smash DLC is going to be a huge thing for this game and we already know we're getting at least six with Mewtwo and Lucas being confirmed, Roy and Ryu being leaked, and Wolf being all but a lock. That leaves room for one more character. But there has been a theory going on that the five "Marios" are pre-ballot characters and that more will be added as ballot choices. Given that the Smash Ballot lasts half a year, it's not an implausible thought process.

The problem is, we have no evidence supporting that assertion. If we take the five "Marios" at face value and use Occam's razor, it means that six DLC characters are what we are getting and nothing more. But we will see.

Who doesn't want more characters?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
7+ DLC Characters:

Chance: 65%
I'm thinking we'll see 6 - 7. Leaning more towards 7 though, not by much.

I mean, why not? This is probably the most important part of the game for many.

Nominations:
Concept Full Ken Alt x5

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
7+ DLC characters
Chances: 50%
It's really a coin flip, nothing says one way or the other that we are for sure getting more then 6. It'd make a lot of sense for them to do so by having 6 pre-ballot characters and then at least 2 ballot ones to add in, but it could just as easily be 3-4 pre-ballot characters with 1-2 ballot ones to fit into those slots. Really, it just depends on how things play out from here on out, especially once the ballot's over.

More characters are welcome, especially if it opens the door to a lot of fun and enjoyable characters people would love to see.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
7+ DLC characters

Just as long as they're characters I want.:smirk:

Predictions: Viridi 5%

Nominations: Sami X5.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
7+ dlc characters chance - 90%

I think there's a very good chance of it at this point and I really don't think it has anything to do with optimism.

7+dlc characters want - 100%

No I don't want more characters, why would I want that?

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
+7 DLC Characters

Chance: 80%

It's pretty likely to occur. We not only have Mewtwo and Lucas, but also information in the game for Roy and Ryu, which means we should already have 4 characters by this point should be we get the latter 2. It wouldn't surprise me if we get a few more after this especially with the possibility of a character coming out from the Ballot results.

I'd would so want +7 characters for Sm4sh. I'd be okay with 8-10 characters by the time they're finished with DLC.

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
I think this rating is really unnecessary... anyways

7+ DLC
Chances: 50% because we don't know anything. The more, the merrier. The more, the more work. The more, more money to them
Want: 100% I love to see a gigantic roster of characters, get to knew new characters and play as the ones I wanted. and I believe that everyone thinks the same (or similarly)

Viridi:
prediction: 10%

Noms:
Bub/Bob x5 :bubblebobble:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
7+ Characters chance: 80%

We have Mewtwo and Lucas, Roy and Ryu are likely on the way, Wolf's exclusion would be very shocking, and the ballot will result in at least one more character. That's six already, a seventh really isn't much of a stretch.

Of course.

Virdi prediction: 2.01%

Nomination: Karate Joe x5

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
7+ DLC Characters

Chance: 70%

On one hand, that many characters seems like a lot of work. On the other hand, we've already got Mewtwo and Lucas confirmed, so that's two out of the way. Aside from Lucas, there were five characters cut between Brawl and this game (Snake, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Squirtle, and Ivysaur), most of which were completely unique. Wolf's the only one of those who wasn't, and he seems to be in a similar boat to Lucas (though he seems even more likely, given that Star Fox is coming out for the Wii U).

Even if all of them don't get brought back, that's still several characters who would be relatively easy to implement (compared to making a brand new character). Add in one or two characters from the ballot (given how wide open it is, I can't see them limiting it to a single character from the ballot, but it's possible), and I feel like they could easily reach seven.

(I'm not including Roy and Ryu, but if that data is a legitimate indication of what they have planned, then it makes it seem even more likely)

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
7+ DLC CHARACTERS:
CHANCE: 75%
WANT: 100%

We already have 2 characters ready and 2 (possibly more) in the works, and I think we will see 3 characters from the Ballot, and post-Ballot DLC is certainly possible, which adds to up to more than 7. I see it as quite likely indeed.

As for want, let this do the talking.

EDIT: Darn, :4greninja:
:laugh:

ASHLEY (WARIOWARE) X 5

:231:

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
7 or more characters:

Hopefully the ballot will ensure that we get large amounts of new fighters added into the game. Without it, I'm pretty sure I would be giving this a far lower score.

Want: 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%
Oh darn it that's the wrong one! Anyway,
The smash bros series is my favorite series of all time. I would be overjoyed to see more characters. I mean I don't have to buy a character if I don't like them, so why not have tons of characters included? I'd honestly be fine if they included 50+ characters as DLC.

Predicting Sakurai baby #167 at 2.7%
Nominating Owain x4
Shin Megami Tensi character x1

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

7+ DLC Characters
Chance:
60%

We do have Mewtwo and Lucas.
We could have Roy and Ryu.
So that's 4. Maybe if we get Wolf, we could potentially have 5...
I say we are on a good pace.

Why wouldn't I want a bigger roster?

Viridi Prediction: 1.52%
Bias will save her.

Nominations: Owain 5x

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
7+ Characters
We already have Mewtwo and Lucas, which is 2. I'm pretty sure Wolf is coming, making 3. Assuming we get one or two more pre ballot characters, that's either 4 or 5. I'm fairly certain Sakurai would add more than 2 ballot characters.

Want: -10000000000000000000000000000000%
Ugh, more characters. Who the heck would ever want that?

Real Want: 100%
It's more content in an already big game. I see nothing wrong with this. Also, there's more chances for the character I want to be added. Bandana Dee plz, come on based Sakurai.

Viridi Prediction: 1.78%

Nominations:
Inkling x3
Sora x2

Laniv

Smash Lord
7+ DLC Characters:

Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, Ryu , and possibly Wolf and a RH character, plus the ballot winner.

...Nah, it's been done already.

Predictions for Viridi: 3% Chance, 10% Want

Nominate Slime from Dragon Quest x 5

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
7+ DLC characters.

Chances: 35%

People are underestimating the sheer amount of work that goes into one character (to the point where Mewtwo has no customs). Coupled with Sakurai stating that he won't make too many characters and the amount of DLC seen in other fighting games......

"You know what???? Let's go absolutely crazy with this!!!!! Let's have every popular Nintendo character get in on the fight! You get in and you get in and you get in and you get in and you get in!"

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Who doesn't want more characters?
You'd be surprised. Some people hate DLC with a passion because everyone else in the gaming industry has turned it into a bit of a dirty word, what with on-disc DLC (Capcom) loads of overpriced minuscule DLC (EA/Ubisoft) and day one DLC (every one one of those examples and more)

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
7+ DeeLC Characters
Chance: 40% I feel alot of people are overestimating Nintendo's common sense, these are the same guys who don't understand supply and demand with amiibo, which is the first thing they teach you in Economics, the first thing! I love Nintendo, but I have to question their sanity some times.
Nominations: Dark matter x 5
Viridi prediction: 5% chance due to Sakurai's massive bias.

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
7+ DLC fighters
chance 25%
guys I think thats a bit too much considering how long each character takes and how much resources is needed and not to mention how small the team has gotten. But I an not saying is a huge impossibility it's just that well an over inflated roster?

Want 100%
I do want this really bad but my wallet will not survive. And this does mean higher chance of some of my top 10 characters could appear.

Nomination
Starman x 2
3rd party 2nds x2
Django x1

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
7+ dlc characters

85%

Easily a snap and i can explain why

First is this interview

https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/04/23/sakurai-on-dlc-its-all-about-making-players-happy/

He wants to make us happy and he does want to add as many dlc characters as possible (but not a rediculously large amount though)

We have :4mewtwo::4lucas: so thats 2 so far they were the most wanted

Ryu (street fighters) and :roypm: is probably got confirmed from the sound founds (they were confirmed real vixtory themes.)

:wolf: Is most likely a lock since he was as wanted as mewtwo and lucas was, (as a matter of fact im willing to bet he will be shown at E3 since star fox wii u is being shown there.)

And just speculation shantae is probably likely since the creator wants her and her game may have ben spoiled for the amiibo treasures from that rumor photo of the advertizement for it.

And for others

King k rool since hes most likely to have the most votes on the smash ballot (and sakurai is taking suggestions from them on the ballot and clearly a lock one of them will make the cut for smash 4 dlc)

A metroid rep since everyone is screaming at sakurai for more than samus (zero suit does not count)
For these reps:

Anothny higgs since hes the only other, other m rep thats possible(im sorry but your just going to have to complain about this.)

Ridley because because still wont give up and are probably voting for ridley and sakurai may wave the white flag.
(and a weird theory i had but it my opinion sakurai probably is lying and he knew the whole time all 3 reason why ridley failed is balony he knew those are not road blocks the whole time.)

And rundas/any of the 6 hunters since they are more requested. Than anothney

Bandana dee is the last main kirby rep left and japan really wants him

Chibi robo is in the top 10 on the ballot most likely and the new 3ds game that got confirmed from the japan direct just helped him

A splatoon squid since they're publicity is off the charts with amiibos and how much news they're was (plus they even got mii suits in the dlc for smash) (beoofre you point out the character can have way different attacks than the mii gunner)

A rythem heaven rep since a data hack found a slot and from the gemusatu rumor (again so me of you were not entirely thinking straight when you that those where the only newcomers left, aka via :4bowserjr::4darkpit::4robinm::4duckhunt::4lucina:.) (chrom as likely planned before but cut for not being uqniue enough)

Anyway theres also a fact a lot of people want a rythem heaven rep and they'res so many choices.

And they're many more than that since sakurai may add aome that we don't even think about/know about.

Want 100%

The more the Marier

Nominations

Shantae 10x

Predictions

Viridi 5%

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
1 = Mewtwo
2 = Lucas
(the rest of the list is not necessarily in order of actual release date)
3 and 4 = Ryu and Roy (unless something crazy happens to change the minds of the powers that be)
5 = Wolf (extremely likely)
(^ all chosen outside of the ballot)
6 = one of the most popular characters from the ballot

So, we are guaranteed 6 characters. Why would they go through all of the work to maintain the ballot, compiling data and results all the way until October for just one character? It's very, very unlikely they would do this for a single character, especially if they want 7 months of data and votes. They want to make customers happy and receive their money. and in the scenario that only 3 of the DLC characters are newcomers (Ryu + 2 from the ballot), and the other 4 being veterans, the time frame of being spread out over production time makes sense.

Chances - 85%
Want - 100%

predict - 5%

nominate - Black Mage x5, Alexandra Roivas x5

NNID
Majorasmask66
Chance: 85%

Including Mewtwo an Lucas, I think getting a few more off the smash ballot makes sense. They didn't do an entire ballot simply for 1 character. I think 7 sounds like a good amount. And if It's Ryu and Roy also, then three ballot winners also sounds understandable.

Want:0% who the heck would want more characters!? 100% Who wouldn't want more characters?

Nominations

Hades x5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
7+ DLC Fighters

Chance:
70%
:4mewtwo:,:4lucas:,:roypm:, Ryu, :wolf: and probably who ever is the most popular in the Smash ballot (granted it's not Wolf). That's six characters right there and another fighter would be seven. They might make more characters after that but I think by that point they'll just stop.

Pretty self-explanatory

Viridi prediction: 4.1%

Nomination:
Captain Syrup (x5)

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
7+DLC Characters
Chance:90%
I'm not sure if getting this mixed up with the Xbone, but I remember hearing somwhere that they want the Wii U life cycle to be 10 Years which by my estimation should round to 10-30 char.(I'm not sure if the life cycle is going to be a decade)
Want:100%
I would love for highly requested char. to join Smash, including a few 3rd party
Nominations:
TalimX5(SoulCalibur)

FancySmash

Smash Lord
7+ DLC Characters

Chance
65% - I can definitely see more DLC than what everyone thinks, but I don't think it will all come out at once. We might get the leaked characters and ballot winners within this year, Wolf and more veterans next year, and then the following years might throw us a few surprises, just as a treat to fans.

Want
99% - Hey, the only reason I'm taking off one percent is because I don't know exactly how much DLC I can handle, I'm assuming it would just lead to a point where I'd only buy the characters I care about. But either way, more characters makes more fans happy, and to that I can't complain.

Predictions:
Viridi - Forces of nature. 5.5%. Simple yes, so here's a picture describing nature for ya!

Nominations:
Meowth X5

Top Bottom