• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Anna

Chance: 10%

What: 70%

Since I first meet Anna in Awakening, I have come to really like the character. Unfortunately, I don't see here getting in the Smash soon, which is sad because I really like the character and wouldn't mind seeing her in the game.

Young Link Prediction: 50%

Nomination: Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)x5

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Anna

Since I first meet Anna in Awakening, I have come to really like the character. Unfortunately, I don't see here getting in the Smash soon, which is sad because I really like the character and wouldn't mind seeing her in the game.

Nomination: Young Link (Legend of Zelda) x5
We're rating Young Link tomorrow actually, so feel free to swap out your nominations for someone else. :)

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Everyone, this day has taught me something very important. It taught me that we should start nominating Team Rocket (the trio).

Anyways...

B.B. Bandit Trio

Chance: .01% - The villain would never get in before the protagonist (unless it was a deal similar to Wreck It Ralph, where the antagonist is also the protagonist, only example I could think of). Currently, the Fossil Fighters series is only represented by a sole trophy. I think it might be a bit before we see a Fossil Fighter Rep.

Want: 0% - So, these guys are essentially knock offs of Team Rocket. I have to say, I'd rather prepare for trouble and make it double than take these guys. Yes, if we were to get a "villainous" trio, I'd rather have the real deal (also, I've been nominating Meowth for some time now, so that should be taken into consideration too).

Predictions: The way I see it, the chain of the 3 unreleased Melee clones is Pichu < Toon Link < Roy. With Roy a possibility, Young Link isn't too far out of left field anymore. 14%.

Nominations:
Meowth X3
Chibi-Robo X2

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
B. B. Bandit Trio

Chance: 0.1%
First, I haven't even seen support for them anywhere but here, so how much of an impact can they truly make in the ballot? Second, other not represented series have had a better exposure in Smash (Golden Sun, Chibi-Robo, Style Savvy, Panel de Pon, Captain Rainbow, etc.) thanks to assist trophies, items, music tracks and at least more than a single trophy to represent the series. Finally, they aren't even the main character from the series.

Want: 0%
I get a Doronbo Gang vibe from these guys, but if we're searching for a trouble trio, I'd rather have Team Rocket, and if we're searching for Fossil Fighters representation, I'd rather have the main character along with the Vivosaur.

Nominations
Tingle x5

D

Deleted member

Chances : 16%

Want : 5%

Don't have much to say here... it's unfortunate for the guy who nominated this Trio.

Prediction for :younglinkmelee: = 50 minimum, 100 max.

Nominating something new and for the first time...

Concept : Rival battles similar to SFIV with cutscene x5 ( This concept was also featured in the Playstation Smash Bros game )

Last edited by a moderator:

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
B.B. Bandit Trio:
It's gonna be a pun
That's two zeros.
Chances: 0%
A niche series (or any series in general) is not going to have it's first rep be anything other than a protagonist, and, in being a niche series, it does not attract a large enough audience for there to be the demand required to get a second rep.
A number of things make me not want them, but it can pretty much be summed up as having no attachment to the series/characters.

Prediction: Young Link: 12.5%

Nomination:
*Concept: (Shin) Megami Tensei Character (includes Persona & Devil Survivor) x5

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

B.B Bandit Trio VS Team Rocket VS Doronbo Gang when? (Though given that Team Rocket and the Doronbo Gang are more recognisable and iconic (Rocket especially), they'd probably stand less than a chance against both of them. These ratings so far seem to prove that.)

Chances: 1%
Does Fossil Fighters have a smidgen of representation in the form of trophies? Yes. And while A Fossil Fighter character would be cool, it's a very small franchise. It'd be better off with either an Assist Trophy or a main hero like Red, but still negligible chances due to the small size of the series.

Want: 1%
It'd be cool to have a Fossil Fighter in the game, but they're fairly obscure - Sakurai would probably go with the main hero of Fossil Fighter instead.

Young Link Prediction: 12.31%

Nominations: Rerate: Inklings X5

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
B.B. Bandit Trio

Eh... What the hell? This is a joke character in the RTC? Well, anyway...

Chance and Want: Abstain

Seriously... I don't really sure about this guy in every aspect.

Prediction: Young Link

Want: 25%

Nominations:

Micaiah x5

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
B. B. Bandit Trio
Chance- 0.8%
Just in case we get 50 DLC characters or someone bribes Sakurai to put them in the game.
Want- 0.8%
New series. Yaaah.

Really, though, this series probably doesn't need a rep. And if it did, it certainly wouldn't be these characters first.

Young Link Prediction- 22.5%
Nominations:

Crono x5

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
BB bandit trio
Chance: 50%
Nintendo is doing more with Fossil fighters, and if they wanted to add a character they could do it in a way similar to Bowser Jr.
By having the BB bandits (Vivian and Snivels) be alts for the main hero, they could get into smash that way, It'd be nice to have 8 different fossil fighters, By having the 8 fighters be the 5 hero characters from the game along with Vivian and Snivels of the trio and Rosie as the 8th alt. Its a cool concept, of course the chance of it happening is up in the air, but hey maybe Sakurai will look at the BB bandit trio and like the idea.

Want: 100%
I'm the only person who voted for them, what do you think I'm gonna give them for the want rating? They're much cooler than Team Rocket, and they have a much better theme and boss. Now if only they'd make a Fossil Fighters anime with the BB bandit trio as the main antagonists alongside their boss, they could be much more bad*** then Rocket by using dinosaurs. It'd be really cool to if they got more popularity in Smash. Since I don't think we'll really be seeing a human pokemon character actually fighting on their own in Smash bros, the BB bandit trio would be the closest thing to getting a playable team rocket, plus how would team rocket survive Falcon? Have a pokemon do the fighting? Cowardly, throw a punch, its not very effective. BB bandit trio on the other hand, use pickaxe and ride around on a V-Raptor, bad***

Predictions: Young Link 20%

Nominations: Sturm X5.

Check out their support thread, http://smashboards.com/threads/tremble-tremble-in-fear-of-the-bb-bandit-trio-for-smash-4-dlc.398404/
Also here's their theme, 1000 times better than Rockets.
also they would destroy Team Rocket with there vivosaurs, BB bandit trio would wipe the floor with team Rocket any day of the week, Fossil fighter > Pokemon Trainer. Unlike Trainers Fossil Fighters are not totally defenseless without their vivosaurs (pokemon) as they are armed with equipment that cant dig through solid rock.
Also someone please make more fanart of them.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
B.B. Bandit Trio chances: 0.05%
I didn't give too high chances scores to Isaac or to the concept of a Rhythm Heaven character due to the fact those series aren't really implemented in the mainstream Nintendo audience, but at least these are decently requested to get a playable character in Smash Bros. Fossil Fighter... eh, I guess isn't in a comfortable position, probably worse than those actually, considering the overall lack of support. Being a villain from a relatively minor series (with possibly Ice Climbers-like technical issues to add to injury) with little ballot support pretty much makes them out of the radar for Smash Bros. DLC. I guess the only shot they have is if Nintendo wants to promote Fossil Fighter as one of their strong series and if they're judged more interesting than a protagonist or make in it alongside one. I guess they're a super unlikely wild card at best.

B.B. Bandit Trio want: 0.08%
Eh, I don't actually hate the idea, but their inclusion would feel really weird and not really in a good way. At least they don't have an annoying vocal fanbase who would have turned me off from them.

Young Link prediction: 15.32%
Quite possibly the least wanted cut character to come back overall, at the point people are suggesting the idea of a mask-based moveset to make his return worth it. I'm expecting it to not do too terribly thanks to some supporters though.

Nominating:
Concept: Battlefield form stages x4
Playable newcomer: Tetrimino x1

Edit: changed my nominations (instead of x3 for BF stages and x2 for Tetrimino)

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
You know, I figured we'd get to the more obscure characters eventually, the ones getting rated mostly to see who else would want them in.

I didn't think we'd start seeing them after less than two months.

--

B. B. Bandit Trio

Chance: 0.2%

Okay, I can't cut corners with these guys. They have (functionally) no chance. And I almost never say that.

Let's look at the facts. Their home series, Fossil Fighters, is still very much a niche one. The only presence it has in Smash 4 is a single trophy. Having any acknowledgement at all isn't half bad, to be honest, but it also makes it that much tougher when Fossil Fighters is still relatively unknown and has minor support at best.

Digging further, there's also the fact that these guys are recurring villains. You see, the first characters to make it into Smash from a series tend to be the player characters, the main heroes. The odds of what amounts to--as others have said--Team Rocket from the Pokémon anime being the first of their series to be playable is very low.

No bones to be found here. Best look elsewhere.

Want: Abstain
I only know a little about Fossil Fighters, not enough to really draw my attention. I don't know enough about these guys to gauge any real interest.

Young Link Prediction: 17.75%
Tomorrow's gonna be a bloodbath. There'll be "easy clone" arguments, people arguing for an arbitrarily revamped moveset based around Majora's Mask, and different people saying Toon Link replaced him.

Nominations:
Absol x5

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I'll have the directory at another tab tommorow to shove your 70% rating for Pichu down your throat.

No. No Chance Trio
Chance: 0.1%

Fossil Fighter is lucky to have a character, and it takes a miracle to not let it be the hero.

Give me Team Rocket BEFORE the knock-off.

Young Link prediction: 21%
The recent game and the actual demand will hopefully be above the "three Link do not care"

Takamaru x5
#SlashtheVote

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
B. B. Bandit Trio
Chance: Abstain
I don't want to give a double 0... I think the Protagonist deserve better though...

Young Link
Prediction: 10% The legend of Clones

Noms:
Bub/Bob x5

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
The Terrible Rochambeau Trio:

Chance: 3%

Don't know them, but anything with the word "trio" probably won't fly due to 3DS limits.

Don't know them, but I'd probably be indifferent.

Yink predict:
Chance: 22%

Want: 65%

Nom: moonstruck blossom x5

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
B.B. Bandit Trio:

Chance: 1%
They're a group of rivals or villains from a game that's not all that big. Plus, I think they might be 3rd party characters.

(ತ ൧͑ ತ)...

Prediction:
Chance: 20%
Want: 58%

Nomination: Sora x5

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
B.B. Bandit Trio:

Chance: 1%
They're a group of rivals or villains from a game that's not all that big. Plus, I think they might be 3rd party characters.

(ತ ൧͑ ತ)...

Prediction:
Chance: 20%
Want: 58%

Nomination: Sora x5
No they're first party.
The Terrible Rochambeau Trio:

Don't know them, but anything with the word "trio" probably won't fly due to 3DS limits.

Don't know them, but I'd probably be indifferent.

Yink predict:
Chance: 22%

Want: 65%

Nom: moonstruck blossom x5
Here's how they would work,

First off who are these guys? Well they are the BB bandit trio from Fossil Fighters. They have some similarities to Team Rocket. The dog's name is Rex, the long nosed man (who has a better sense of smell than Rex) is Snivels, and the leader of this trio is Vivian. They could all be in by having Snivels be an alt character for Vivian, with Rex already incorporated into the moveset, since transforming characters and multiple characters on screen (like Ice Climbers)can be an issue.

Also these guys desperately need more fanart, I could literally only find one piece of fanart for these guys, maybe @HextupleyooDOT could smashify them.
Here is their theme, (so far its the only Fossil Fighters theme I've found that's been remixed by a fan)

The original:

The remix by Blue Gator:
Other music from the series,

Moveset
A moves
A- A simple jab.

AA- A double jab.

AAA- A double jab followed by a swift kick.

Side A- Swings pickaxe in a sideways motion in front of him/her.

Up A- Shoves shovel above his/her head.

Down A- Rex appears in front of Vivian/Snivels and swipes his bone on the ground.

Dash A- Vivian/Snivels jumps and slams the pickaxe down to the ground in front of her/him, sort of resembles Link's dash attack.
Air moves
Neutral Air- Does a midair kick.

Forward Air- Swings pickaxe in front of him/her in a downward motion, has a meteor smash.

Back Air- Does a back kick.

Up Air- Flips upside down and does a double kick upwards.

Down Air- Pulls out shovels and comes crashing towards the ground, has a meteor smash, but is harder to land.

Smash Attacks
Side Smash- Charges up laser drill, and shoots the beam out in front of him/her.

Up Smash- Swings pickaxe above his/her head and down to the ground in front of him/her. Kind of like Ike's Up Smash.

Down Smash- Rex appears and digs a small hole to the left of Vivian/Snivels, burying the opponent, while Vivian/Snivels digs a bigger hole to the right of him/her, which buries the opponent and deals more damage than Rex's hole, then they switch sides.

Grab/ Throw attacks
Grab- Rex appears and grabs the opponent.

Grab A- Vivian/Snivels beats the opponent on the head with a dinosaur bone.

Forward throw- Vivian/Snivels roundhouse kicks the opponent forward.

Back Throw- Vivian/Snivels grabs the opponent, swings them behind her/him, and hits them with her/his shovel.

Up Throw- Vivian/Snivels kicks the opponent upwards with a punt kick.

Down Throw- Vivian/Snivels kicks the opponent over then slams a pickaxe down on them.

Ledge/get up attacks
Ledge- Sweeps pickaxe across floor, then gets up.

Get up 1- Smashes pickaxe in front of him/her then gets up.

Get up 2-Jumps up and swings dinosaur bone in front of him/her.

Special Moves
B- Power pick: Vivian/Snivels charges up the pickaxe as it is surrounded in flames, then brings it crashing down in front of her/him, can be charged, but will swing down when fully charged, works similarly to Ike's B, but is faster and not as powerful, won't deal damage, and you can't charge it as long as Ike's as it will swing right when its fully charged.

Side B- V- Raptor ride: Vivian/ Snivels hops on a V-Raptor and rides it around the battle field dealing damage to opponents, by holding up, the V- Raptor will open his mouth and perform a bite attack, functions like Wario's motorcycle wheelie attack in a way, also in the sense of how you can summon it, can only summon it once its disappeared, or just hop back on it if you fall off.

Up B- Guera Glide: Guera comes out and flies Vivian/Snivels up while spinning around, dealing damage to opponents.

Down B- Medal counter: Vivian/Snivels flips a T-Rex medallion up in the air, before catching it again. If an enemy attacks, a T-Rex will come out and chomp the attacker dealing damage and knockback.

Custom Moves 2
B2- Powerful pick: A more powerful version of power pick which lasts longer and is more powerful, but can deal damage to the user if held too long.

Side B2- V-Raptor rush: The V-Raptor can only dash quickly in one direction for a quick attack.

Up B2- Guera Gush: A more powerful version of Guera Glide, but it doesn't gain as much height, and is slower.

Down B2- Power counter: A slower, but more powerful version of the Medal counter.
Custom Moves 3
B3- Quick pick: A much faster, but less powerful version of Power pick.

Side B3- V-Rapter romp: A much more powerful, but slower and heavier version of V-Raptor ride, which can bury opponents in the ground.

Up B3- Guera Gust: A much faster version of Gueara Glide, which has more height, but hardly deals any damage.

Down B3- Quick counter: A much faster, but less powerful version of Medal counter.

Final Smash
T-Rex Lord: Vivian/Snivels throws a medal in front of her/him, if it hits an opponent, they are taken to the fossil fighting arena, where the T-Rex Lord attacks them, before unleashing a final attack.

Taunts
Taunt 1- Strikes a pose and says "Tremble in fear!".

Taunt 2- Strikes a pose alongside Rex and laughs.

Taunt 3- Hides under a sheet titled "ordinary rock".

Possible Alts

Animations

Idle- Stands with arms crossed, with one foot pointing outward.

Idle2- Puts one arm at her/his side and brushes her/his hair with the other hand one time.

Walk- Walks upright, with arms hanging down at her/his side, while slightly swaying hips back and forth.

Run- Runs with head slightly bent forward, pumps arms when running.

Tiptoe- Hunches over and tiptoes.
Crouch- Pretty much Dedede's crouch animation.

Jump- Jumps with one arm slightly extended.

Double Jump- Does a quick front flip.

Back Jump- Crosses arms and does a back flip with both legs extended.

Double Back Jump- Curls up and does another back flip.

Fall- Legs bent with one arm slightly pointing up.

Footstool- Bends knees and jumps off the opponent into fall animation.

Footstooled- Outstretches arms and legs and falls down.

Shield- Holds a medal up while the shield is up.

Shield Dodge- Jumps to the side.

Shield Roll- Back flips to the side.

Down shield- steps back quickly.

Air dodge- Briefly shows medal in midair.

Grab idle- Rex holds the opponent up in the air while Vivian/Snivels stands with her/his fist under her/his chin.

Grab release- Rex lets go and Vivian/Snivels returns to idle animation.

Grabbed- Struggles to get free, grits teeth.

Hit- Has eyes and mouth fully opened in shock.

Double hit- Vivian: closes eyes and mouth shut and if launched spins sideways. Snivels: The same as Vivian except for the fact that he keeps his fixed grin instead of closing his mouth.

Star KO- Same as double hit animation.

Screen KO- Hits the screen sideways then slides down, facial expression is the same as hit animation.

Dazed- Closes eyes and holds head with one hand as he/she wobbles around.

Sleep-Lies down on the ground and sleeps on his/her side.

Victory Animations
Victory pose1- Rides a V-Raptor in and says that was a good thrashing.

Victory pose2- Crosses arms, smirks and says you're a pathetic waste of time.

Victory pose3- Rex appears, Vivian/Snivels holds a pickaxe and says you're as powerful as a rolled up newspaper

image by @RedFlyNinja

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
B.B. BANDIT TRIO:
CHANCE AND WANT: 0%

It's been a long, long time since I got a chance to give someone a double zero rating. :laugh:

Not much to explain - Fossil Fighter having pathetic representation as it is, not being protagonists, 3 characters in one, a poor man's Team Rocket Trio, etc etc.

YOUNG LINK: 4%

ASHLEY (WARIOWARE) × 5

:231:

Anna

Young Link Prediction: 50%

Nomination: Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)x5
Id also like to point out we are rating the BB bandit trio. Not anna.

dang it pk_wonder not everything is about noms. :p

I smell bias from someone here. . .

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

B. B. Bandit Trio
Chance and Want:
Double Zeroes

In terms of chance, it would be odd if this Team Rocket group was included before or over the main protagonist or the most iconic dinosaur. They would most likely not sell well as well (heh) because their ballot support is close to nonexistent.

In terms of want, I didn't know these guys existed until yesterday. :p I didn't get Fossil Fighters when it first came out... to me it looked like a Pokemon knockoff with dinosaurs... made by Nintendo of all things!

Young Link Prediction: 10.00%
Veterans have ballot support and I think Young Link might have the weakest. It doesn't help that Toon Link is a thing.

Nominations: Owain 5x

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Just a thought I had... the 6+ DLC characters concept is close to reaching the top of the nomination list, seeming likely to be rated before E3. We already know that six additional character slots had been added in the 3DS version's code thanks to the datamining of the 1.0.6 update, which heavily implies we're getting at least six characters. Also the general consensus is that we're getting Mewtwo (already released), Lucas (confirmed), Ryu, Roy (both seemingly leaked in said update), Wolf (not leaked or anything but generally seen as a lock without the need of the ballot) and at least one ballot character. I don't think it'd be really interesting to rate the concept of 6 or more DLC characters because we are going to get mostly if not only 90%+ chances ratings for the extra datamined slots alone, but I think it'd be much more interesting to rate the concept of at least 7 DLC characters instead. (Unless 6+ already means "more than six"? I personally read it as "at least six")

I'm letting those who nominated this concept tell if there's no problem about changing it a bit, but in all honesty at least 6 characters is going to be almost universally considered a guarantee considering the datamined slots.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
we are rating who?
Chance: 000001% (five zeroes, top that you double 0s posers :D)

I think that is mostly how extremely complex would be creating them, would require a technology better applied to ice climbers and frankly they don't have neither the support, originality or recognition to justify it, would gladly take RH trio or Ice Climbers all day over them.

Want: 01%

that 1% is actually that I want them more than the team rocket trio, because i despise the pokemon anime with all my might and jigglypuff isn't exclusive to the anime at least. the less pokemon anime that stains my smash, the better.

At least these guys do have some relevance on, you know, a *videogame*...

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Just a thought I had... the 6+ DLC characters concept is close to reaching the top of the nomination list, seeming likely to be rated before E3. We already know that six additional character slots had been added in the 3DS version's code thanks to the datamining of the 1.0.6 update, which heavily implies we're getting at least six characters. Also the general consensus is that we're getting Mewtwo (already released), Lucas (confirmed), Ryu, Roy (both seemingly leaked in said update), Wolf (not leaked or anything but generally seen as a lock without the need of the ballot) and at least one ballot character. I don't think it'd be really interesting to rate the concept of 6 or more DLC characters because we are going to get mostly if not only 90%+ chances ratings for the extra datamined slots alone, but I think it'd be much more interesting to rate the concept of at least 7 DLC characters instead. (Unless 6+ already means "more than six"? I personally read it as "at least six")

I'm letting those who nominated this concept tell if there's no problem about changing it a bit, but in all honesty at least 6 characters is going to be almost universally considered a guarantee considering the datamined slots.
I'm fairly certain 6+, means more than 6 as it basically says 6 +whatever else...

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
B.B.Bandit trio
Change: 1%
Literally who's in the Nintendo verse.Team Rocket has a higher changechange

Want:1
Let's get every other Nintendo character before we let these D list Nintendo characters in

Young link prediction: 10.15%

Captain syrup: 5x

Laniv

Smash Lord
B.B. Bandit Trio:
Chance: 0%
Not until Fossil Fighters actually gets a protagonist. (And even then...)

I have no idea who these guys are.

Young Link prediction: 12% Chance, 60% Want

Nominate Medusa x 5

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
B. B. Bandit Trio

With that out of the way, I want to address something. Obnoxious Dazzler has brought up good points, but they do not apply to this character. If we were rating Hunter (the main character), this would be a different story. First, we cannot deny that Nintendo likes the Fossil Fighters series. Second, the idea of a character riding on a dinosaur sounds awesome, and could easily be a good seller. Third, the main character already has a trophy in game. It's not unreasonable to think that he would have a decent shot. Then why aren't we rating him? Well, if we have to be honest, it's because we don't have any fans of that series here. If Dazzler had unceasingly voted for him, we could have had a decent discussion, and introduced ourselves to an unfamiliar series. But now, since the villains we are rating are from a series without a protagonist, we can just give them zeroes and walk away. If Hunter gets in, they might even take your idea of having the Trio as alt skins for him. But we need to nominate main characters before we talk about villains. The worst part is, Dazzler is doing this again. He's starting to nominate Sturm from Advance Wars. Sturm is going to get zeroes. If you nominate Andy, the main character from the series, we can at least debate the series's chances as a whole, instead of just wasting a day. Sorry for the rant, but I can tell you're passionate about this series, and I want you to put your best foot forward.

Predictions: 16.3%

Nominations: Andy x5

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

:younglinkmelee: Prediction: 53%

Nominations:
Inkling x3
Shy Guy x1
Achilles x1

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
You guys do not know how excited I am to post my Young Link rating, colder_than_ice, can you finish the ratings early this time, probably a 10-15 minutes before the new rating begins.

StormC

Smash Hero
BB Bandit: 1%.
Want: 0%.

Not a lot to discuss with this one.

Beast Ganon 5x

Young Link prediction: 25%

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
BB Bandit Trio
Chance: 7%
They are not really known by anybody and the only reason they have a chance is if they are 3 characters at once
Want:0%
Not really feeling it
Nominations:
TalimX5(SoulCalibur)

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
B.B. Bandit Trio:

Chance: Abstain

Nominations:
Concept Full Ken Alt x5

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
B. B. Bandit Trio

With that out of the way, I want to address something. Obnoxious Dazzler has brought up good points, but they do not apply to this character. If we were rating Hunter (the main character), this would be a different story. First, we cannot deny that Nintendo likes the Fossil Fighters series. Second, the idea of a character riding on a dinosaur sounds awesome, and could easily be a good seller. Third, the main character already has a trophy in game. It's not unreasonable to think that he would have a decent shot. Then why aren't we rating him? Well, if we have to be honest, it's because we don't have any fans of that series here. If Dazzler had unceasingly voted for him, we could have had a decent discussion, and introduced ourselves to an unfamiliar series. But now, since the villains we are rating are from a series without a protagonist, we can just give them zeroes and walk away. If Hunter gets in, they might even take your idea of having the Trio as alt skins for him. But we need to nominate main characters before we talk about villains. The worst part is, Dazzler is doing this again. He's starting to nominate Sturm from Advance Wars. Sturm is going to get zeroes. If you nominate Andy, the main character from the series, we can at least debate the series's chances as a whole, instead of just wasting a day. Sorry for the rant, but I can tell you're passionate about this series, and I want you to put your best foot forward.

Predictions: 16.3%

Nominations: Andy x5
Who's this Dazzler you speak of? I'd like to meet him.
But now, since the villains we are rating are from a series without a protagonist, we can just give them zeroes and walk away.
There is one case where a villain would work better than the protagonist though, Pious from Eternal Darkness.
He's starting to nominate Sturm from Advance Wars. Sturm is going to get zeroes.
Sturm:

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
B. B. Bandit Trio
A percent for each I guess? They really have no feasible chance. I don't even think I have to come up with any deductive reasoning as to why; everyone has already covered it for me at this point. I'll give the Bandit Trio a score of 3%.
Maybe someday Fossil Fighters will get recognized in Smash...

Want: 3%
They don't really appeal to me.

Prediction - Young Link: 15.4%

Nominations:
x3 !Rerate: Inklings
x2 Tails the Fox

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
B.B. Bandit Trio

I'm not even going to bother with the phrase "anything can happen" in regards to these three. Besides what has already been stated (protagonists>villains as inaugural series characters, severe technical limitations, lack of overall popularity to crack a top 100 poll, etc.), even the most controversial, out-of-nowhere characters like Wii Fit Trainer and Duck Hunt had objectively good reasons to be included, which make so much sense in hindsight (integral aspects of Nintendo's history, strong powerhouses in the sales department, etc.) The Bandit Trio have none of this. They are like unfunny joke suggestions that have neither rhyme nor reason to be included; they're just too random of a character choice, like picking names of obscure nobodies out of a hat.

It just will not happen, not until Fossil Fighters gets recognized beyond a mere trophy (first and foremost, only after the protagonist is playable).

Want: 17%
Honestly, their Team Rocket-esque design somewhat appeals to me, in a lack-of-charm manner. That's where it begins and ends, however. I just cannot justify their inclusion.

:younglinkmelee: Projection: 20%
I hope this doesn't get out-of-hand.

Last edited:
Top Bottom