• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

D

Deleted member

When are we doing Amy? It should be her day today but it's still Erdrick and (to me) it's 7:21PM.

Troykv

Smash Master
Erdrick/Loto

Chance: 50%

His chances mostly depends of circunstances, but is definitely not a random choice because of his connection with one of the most popular franchises, specially in Japan, and talking about Japan, Erdrick's games (the first DQs) are quite iconic for creating an special rule for future games' release dates xD.

Want: 40%

He looks kind of lame, but I would be proven wrong, if he exists in Smash, I know Sakurai will do something fun with him.

____

Prediction:

Amy Rose: 0.6%

Nominations:

Crash Bandicoot x15
Micaiah (Fire Emblem) x10

(If Crash it's already in the schedule give the votes to Micaiah)

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Erdrick

It feels like an inevitability. He's backed by a couple of noteworthy leakers. It would at least put an end to this mysterious Square character speculation once and for all until a leaker says a second Square character is happening.

Want:
Yeah I never touched Dragon Quest. If Erdrick is inevitable, I'd be all, "Yep, that's Erdrick all right. Now, where's my Colbert gif."

The trailer has to sell me on Erdrick. Dragon Quest being a "legendary JRPG franchise" doesn't sell me on Erdrick. And suggesting Slime as an alternative doesn't cut it for me. It's case would be the same: I'd have to be sold on a trailer. The only I would like the trailer to have is to be a bait-and-switch. People see a close up of the hair and go "GOKU?!" and then the camera zooms out and it's Erdrick or whatever the hell he's actually gonna be called. I think the Goku crowd that are serious about him would double down unfortunately.

DLC speculation has gotten... boring. You look at everyone's Fighter Pass predictions/dream picks and it's the same bunch of third party characters with maybe one pick that stands out. It's just not fun to speculate on someone's else chances because the fandom's dead convinced the Fighter Pass is all third-party. Only one character is actually third-party. A second is heavily speculated to be third-party. 3-5 are a giant mystery. There's no definitive confirmation E3 is even revealing two characters. It'd be great if it was the case.

I want to see chaos if we actually get someone from FE Three Houses in the Fighter Pass. Can you imagine people calling Nintendo demanding a refund and then resorting to calling their bank accounts after Nintendo says no? It'd be hilarious. Nintendo's seemingly trying to get the otome audience with Three Houses, and they would technically be that new crowd of people Nintendo would want to buy their games. It would finally change the mindset most people have in DLC speculation even if the only first-party they'd be willing to humor is a gen 8 Pokemon.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Erdrick/Loto/Roto/Abel/Jimmy

Chance - 75%. Even in a leakless environment, Erdrick always stood a decent chance at getting in. He's a major piece of iconography and the protagonist in one of the most beloved entries of Square Enix's Number 2. Dragon Quest is a name that carries a lot of weight with it, especially in Japan. Having a character from it in Smash would fit the general theme of trying to make Smash a museum to gaming as a whole. Add in some semi-credible leaks, you have one of the most likely characters for the DLC pass. Is he inevitable? No, leaks have been wrong in the past, and there's a chance that Sakurai simply passed him up for another character. However, that doesn't chance just how much he has going for him in his favour.

Want - 100%. My second most wanted after Lycanroc. I first got on the Erdrick train in mid-2015. Everyone was discussing Final Fantasy when it came to a Square rep, namely whether we'd be getting Cloud or another Final Fantasy character that harkened back to the days of the NES and SNES. However, I felt that people were really sleeping on the idea of a Dragon Quest character. Sure, Dragon Quest wasn't as popular as her step-sister Final Fantasy, but it's been so closely entwined with Nintendo that a character felt as natural to me as Mega Man. As such, I kinda viewed Erdrick as this "best-kept secret" of Smash speculation, a character who basically checked out all the boxes in the best of ways while remaining under the radar. However, once Cloud was announced, I hung up my Erdrick hat for Smash for. It seemed extremely unlikely at best that we'd get 2 Square characters as DLC, especially this late into the game's life. Once Ultimate rolled around, I once again put my support behind a Dragon Quest character, this time being Eight. While I would still prefer Eight, I've basically channeled my energy into Erdrick. It would just feel so rewarding to see him finally come home and join the roster.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Erdrick

Abstaining completely.

Day over, rate Amy predict Crash.

D

Deleted member

Amy:
Chance: 0%; Firstly, a second Sonic character isn't likely for DLC, as they wanted new fighters from different series not in smash, so big nope. Secondly, Amy is not in the running to be the next sonic character (my opinion). Even if there were to be 3 Sonic DLC fighters, I feel it'll be Tails, Eggman, Knuckles.

Want: 70%; Amy is cool. I like her design, personality, and overall would like her inclusion. And she could be original,

Predictions for Crash: 79%.

Nominations: Dwight Fairfield x5

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Amy Rose
Chance:5%: She is IMO a more likely Sonic rep then most Sonic chars. But honestly Eggman and Metal are way more likely.
Want:100%: I give 100 to all sonic characters, but even so Amy would be cool. I would like it if she was based off of Sonic Advance.
Nominations
Blaze x3, Specter Knight x2

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hammer Sis

Chance: 0.7%
Oooh boy, where to start. Joker stole the Sega spot. Amy's a Spirit. And she's reaaaally down the ladder for Sonic reps. If Shadow, Tails, and Eggman were already in, I could maybe see her get in over Knuckles. Maybe. I can also see her as the Krystal of the franchise, where the female with a unique moveset is ignored for the dudes with identical ones. Sexism? Dunno, but I can say it's not a trend I particularly love.

Want: 10%
Look, Sonic has enough characters to be the Mario equivalent in a Sega Smash Bros. But this is not Sega Smash Bros. If Sonic got enough characters to get down to Amy, it would be severe overkill.

By the way, I think it's beyond stupid that, after all the acclaim Sonic and Sega Racing Transformed got, they decided to do just a Sonic racer when they could have pivoted that franchise into the racing equivalent of Smash Bros.

Noms: Cronox5

Crash prediction: Dunno, people were nominating him pretty eagerly, so maybe like a 65.8%

Amy Rose
Chance:5%: She is IMO a more likely Sonic rep then most Sonic chars. But honestly Eggman and Metal are way more likely.
Want:100%: I give 100 to all sonic characters, but even so Amy would be cool. I would like it if she was based off of Sonic Advance.
Nominations
Blaze x3, Specter Knight x2
Metal Sonic? Likelier than Amy?

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Metal is IMO a lock with an echoes pass. Simply to east, he is iconic, and just makes sense. Eggman is the most likely Sonic rep tho.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
My introduction to stalkers and crazy fangirls:

Chance: 0%-What else can I say? Of all the Sonic characters that could join Smash as a playable character, Amy would probably be among the last ones. It's not like she has any important roles in the games outside of Sonic CD and the Advance games.

Want: 0%-A hammer is not good enough for me to be interested. Not even if it can create tornadoes. And I'm not a fan of her personality as well.

Nominations: Morrigan x5

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Amy

Chance- 35%
Amy is one of the likeliest Sonic characters regarding to becoming DLC. The thing that is going against her at the moment is Sega doesn't seem to be interested putting an another Sonic rep on Smash.

Want- 60%
Although for Sonic reps I prefer Rouge and Shadow over Amy, Amy is still one the Sonic reps that I think is cool to be in Smash. I really love her design and I think she would bring something unique.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
"Amy Rose is here!"

Chance: 1%
We still don't have the much bigger Sonic names such as Tails, Knuckles, Robotnik, and Shadow. Amy getting in before any of those characters would be like Sakura getting in as the 2nd Street Fighter rep over Ken, Chun-Li, Guile, and Akuma. Joker being yet another Sega rep and Amy already being a spirit aren't good signs for her either.

Want: 10%
Eh, I'd be interested to see her use her hammer in combat but there are still a ton of other third parties I'd like to see before this. In terms of Sonic characters I'd much prefer Tails or Robotnik.

Crash chance prediction: 38.11% (as a giant Crash fan I feel like people are really going to overblow his chances)

Nominations:
Terry Bogard x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Morrigan Aensland x115
Kamek x106
Spyro x105
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x103
Concept: Microsoft Rep x102
Aloy x100
Concept: Third-party character from unrepped Company x100
Crono x100
Kyle Hyde x100

100 - 51

Saber (Fate) x95
Boss: Kracko x87
Frogger x85
Concept: Square Enix rep x85
Noctis Lucis Caelum x80
Glover x80
Concept: Valve rep x80
Heavy (Team Fortress) x76
9-Volt x75
Ninten x69
Jin Kazama x65
Velvet Crowe x65
Ellie (The Last of Us) x65
Adeleine (Kirby) x62
Rundas x60
Cadence (Crypt of the Necrodancer) x55
X (Mega Man) x53
Papyrus x51

50 - 25

Gene (God Hand) x50
Decidueye x45
Specter Knight x45
Concept: DLC challenges x35
[Rerate] Bandana Dee x33
Gooey (Kirby) x31
Concept: Assist Trophy becomes Fighter x30
Farmer (Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons) x28
Brian (Quest 64) x27
Thrall (Warcraft) x25
Cooking Mama x25
Boss: Perfect Chaos x25
Earthworm Jim x25
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x25
Captain Rainbow x25

Under 25

Qbby x22
[Rerate] Steve? x21
Reporter & Wrestler x20
Tora and Poppi x20
Blaze the Cat x20
[Rerate] Micaiah x20
Concept: Spirits aren’t disconfirmations x18
Concept: More Bosses x17
Terry Bogard x15
Hector (Fire Emblem) x15
Pyra & Mythra (sans Rex) x15
Amaterasu x15
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x15
Black Shadow x13
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes fighter x13
King Boo x13
Gex x12
Mike Jones x11
Concept: Bethesda rep x10
Frog (Chrono Trigger) x10
Beat (Jet Set Radio) x10
Concept: Spectator Emotes x10
Concept: Another joke character x10
Concept: Lord Fredrik as an Echo Fighter of K. Rool x10
Toon Zelda x8
Marx (Kirby) x8
Magolor x6
[Rerate] Banjo-Kazooie x6
Blacephalon x5
Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors) x5
Neptune x5
Concept: Crazi Taxi rep x5
Oliver (Ni No Kuni) x5
Courier (Fallout) x5
Scorpion x5
Concept: Another literally who Level-5 Character who's popular in Japan, like Achilles or Mark Evans x5
Starman (Pro Wrestling) x5
Malzahar (League of Legends) x5
Concept: Master Chief Mii Costume x5
Worm (Worms) x5
[Rerate] Sans x5
Balloon Fighter x5
Tiz Arrior x5
[Rerate] Sora (Kingdom Hearts) x5
[Rerate] Dovahkiin x5
Sunflower (Plants vs. Zombies) x5
Lizalfos x4
Eight (Dragon Quest) x3
[Rerate] Slime (Dragon Quest) x3
Urbosa x3
[Rerate] Captain Toad x3
Boss: Sans x2
Luminary (Dragon Quest) x2
Sub-Zero x2
[Rerate] Geno x2
Concept: Street Fighter Mii costumes x2
Stahl x1
Duster x1
Pappy Van Poodle x1

Morrigan Aensland flies to the top, passing Kamek and taking his crown. Spyro also soars past Crono, Third-party character from an unrepped company, Aloy, Microsoft rep, and Protector and lands in third place. Kyle Hyde joins the top seven, tying with the last 3 for sixth place.

X and Cadence blast past 50 noms.

Earthworm Jim, Dwight Fairfield, Captain Rainbow and Brian reach the 25 nom mark.

Today's new challenger is a rerate of Micaiah, with 20 noms.

Metal is IMO a lock with an echoes pass. Simply to east, he is iconic, and just makes sense. Eggman is the most likely Sonic rep tho.
Metal over Shadow? Hell, even if they were going for Sonic echoes, I think they'd do Tails over Metal, or just nothing over Metal.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Metal but somehow even more unlikely. Here's My Sweet Passion. If people want, I'll move it to a spoiler.

Chance: I would never normally give this score out in a post-Piranha Plant, post-Joker, post-Waddle Dee failed to be playable base game world. But I think Amy Rose finally... finally... earns a downright 0%. I really hate to give her this, but come on. Everything I said about Metal applies here:
* Joker being in, and on the off-chance that Joker isn't the only character/doesn't count as SEGA for some reason...
* Arle being much more likely than anybody else from SEGA if we DO get another, and on the off chance they zero-in on a second Sonic character...
* Tails, Eggman, Knuckles and Shadow being more important and likely even if we DO get a second Sonic character.
* Oh, right, she's a Spirit as well. And Sonic has a bunch of Spirits already, so I'm not sure there's many important characters still left besides Elise (who, for reasons that everybody is all too familiar with, probably won't show up).
But Metal's saving grace was that he could be an Echo, so at least he had that going for him even if I didn't bring it up. Could Amy...? Except for Sonic Heroes, she's never played like Sonic on foot. I don't think she can be an Echo. I'm pretty sure that, as far as Smash Bros. Ultimate is concerned... Amy Rose will never get in. There's a reason I forgot she was even on the schedule: I really don't think she's on the table. Unfortunate, but that's how the cookie crumbles.

Now, for another game after Tails, Eggman, and Knuckles get in as playables? (Shadow I'm not sure on)...maybe. But not today.

Want: I'm the Arle guy. That's all I need to say but here's a filler second sentence in order to meet the nominations quota. 0%. She isn't even Tails or Eggman, the ones everybody's been asking for.

It's kinda sad, actually. Two years ago, the idea I'd give a Sonic character double zeroes would be preposterous, and Amy would probably be really high up in my implausible wanted characters. But the idea of Arle in Smash is just so near to my heart now... I kinda feel bad, cause it's like I'm attacking a character I loved as a kid.

Sunflower x 5. Oh, and my Crash prediction from last day still stands.

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Insert artwork of her figure skating with Mario
Chance: 0%
At first I thought we were rating her cause I she lacked a spirit but apparently that's not the case at all. Then I can say she has absolutely nothing going for her. It's already very unlikely we will see another Sega character in the fighter pass, let alone another Sonic character. Besides that, she doesn't even fit to be a potential echo, even Tails does to some extent.

Every other Sonic character we've rated so far are more popular, iconic and better fit as fighters. And if Sakurai couldn't bother to make Shadow an echoe, then Amy might as well not even exist to him.

I'd prefer any of the more requested Sonic reps. Tails, Metal and Eggman are all far superior choices. I'd even take Shadow over her as he's atleast a fan favourite and would take up less development time. I don't even hate Amy herself in the Sonic series, but I really feel she'd be a total waste of a character. She'd be a finger to the fanbase, even moreso than Plant.

Crash: 43.98%
Bandana Dee x3
Qbby x2

Chance- 35%
Amy is one of the likeliest Sonic characters regarding to becoming DLC.
No offense but care to elaborate? I truly wonder why you think that way. That score seems just ridiculously high for a character like this.

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
She's not a Yandere, people.

Chance: 10%
I'd say Amy is the third most likely NON-ECHO Sonic rep, behind Tails and Eggman. I'm not counting Shadow and Metal because they would clearly be echo fighters of Sonic. Still, Sakurai doesn't seem to want to add a second Sonic rep in just yet, so Amy's only getting a 10% at best.

Want: 20%
She's not my most-wanted Sonic character, but Amy WOULD be a welcome addition regardless. Main thing I want is just more Sonic representation. And it's not like Amy doesn't have a wide array of places to draw a moveset from: the Sonic Advance series, Sonic Battle and Sonic Heroes are just a few examples of places she can draw from.

WOAH prediction: 40%

Noms: Saber (Fate) x5

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Totally really actually Sonic

Chance 1%
We already have a Sega rep in DLC in Joker. Chances of more Sega are low, chances of more Sonic are lower. Then also Shadow, Tails, Knuckles and Eggman are in line before Metal Sonic. Even as a cashgrab echo Shadow would make more sense, but that would be the weird way in which it could happen.

Want: 25%
He's one of the few Sonic characters I like that wouldn't be straight up Echoes. Eggman would be better, but Shadow, Tails and Knuckles Risk being semi clones way too much. Granted, MS too, but there's a chance.

Nom: 5x Rundas
This but replace Metal Sonic with Amy Rose.

Nom: Rundas x5

Bandicote prediction: 53,38%

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Amy Rose

Chance: 5 to 10%. She is already a spirit and Joker got in. But there is a possibility that Joker stole that invitation to any Sonic character (or anyone else). At least the Sega characters have less competition from Each other.

Want: 75%. We do need another hammer user and a new Sonic character. Of course my choice of a Hammer user is giving Mario the hammer for his down special, and the most wanted Sonic character is Knuckles (second choice of new Sonic character) or Shadow (as an echo fighter), but Amy would be a fun character to play.

Noms: 2 for Boss: Kracko and 3 for Concept: another Joke character

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Rosie the Rascal

Chance: 5% as
- She’s already a spirit.
- Joker is in under the SEGA banner.
- Amy, before Tails, Eggman, or Shadow?

Want: 70%
I like Amy. And I’ve been a big fan of Sonic in general most of my life since the early 90’s when I tried the first game at a Sears.
Amy could have a pretty fun moveset, and she’s my favorite hammer wielded in video game history (although maybe one of the Builders from DQB1-2 could be worthy Rivals).

Amy is the last of my top tier Sonic picks which are:
(S)
Metal Sonic / Tails / Knuckles / Shadow / Eggman / Amy
(A)
Emerl / Blaze
(B)
The rest.

Nothing left else to say. Would be a cool addition. If she happened, I might pick her up as my 2nd (after Sonic, before Megaman). But that’s extremely, shiny, alolan, dynamax, Mega farfetch’d.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Amy Rose

Chance - 0% - A spirit from an already represented company with competition within her own series, with Tails and Egg Man more notable than her? There are so many obstacles to her inclusion that I don't think she should even be considered in the running.

Want - 20% - Rather have something more interesting. I'm fine with just Sonic, honestly.

Predictions

Crash Bandicoot - 12.35% - Some might see him as possible, I guess?

Nominations

Cadence X5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Amy Rose

0% Chance

The sonic series has a totem pole of sorts, and Amy is towards the bottom of relevant characters. Metal Sonic, Knuckles, Shadow, Tails, and Eggman are at least above her on the pecking order. We do not even have another Sonic character yet, so I am just gonna say she is not in.

0% Want

I do not even like the character. She played terribly in Sonic Adventure 1, and her schtick was annoying at best. THis is one of the few characters we rated i would actually be mad if she got in.

Spyro x 5

Day over, Crash time.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Amy

Chance: 0 - I feel very confident in saying that for this fighter pass at least, no more Sega characters will be added in. Amy falls in that catagory, and to make matters worse for her I feel like she's probably the least requested major Sonic character. Really don't see a case for her right now. If we hit an echo pass or something of that nature then maybe.

Want 20 - Eh, wouldn't be the worst character they could pick I guess. Don't really want it to happen, and there are a lot of other Sonic characters I'd be more interested in seeing make the cut.

Noms
Ellie x5

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
It's good to rate this guy again.

Take your pick for Crash's theme. It could be this:

or this.

Sorry, but Crash 2's Warp Room I wouldn't call emblematic of the series.

Crash Chance: Damn, did Joker and (if the rumors are true) character 2/3 help him out! I'm giving him a big boost to his original score, that is I will now let him have a 75%, the highest I'd give anybody that doesn't have possible leak information backing them. With the existence of CTR NF proving that his return is real, combined with a bunch of doors being broken down, dare I say Crash has progressed from "possible, but unsure" to "he damn well made the list" tier. Crash is not somebody I down right think is getting in, but out of the speculated characters, I think he's the likeliest without leaks backing him. Damn impressive.

Crash Want: Well... thanks to Joker, Arle's chances are in an uncertain state at best, and completely compromised at worst. So I'll settle for Crash should that actually be the case. 90%, considering that going through Wrath and Twinsanity (as well as the original trio, though strangely I don't like them as much as the GC games) again helped rekindle that fire. He's tied with Frisk for the number 1 spot out of all the characters I think are absolutely likely (just edging out Banjo), though neither of them hold a candle to Arle, and they're on Paper Mario's level (but Arle is questionable and Paper Mario... is a Spirit.). Aside from that, pretty much everything I said last time... which was either back in December or back in November... and I don't remember... still stands.

I'm going to break from tradition and ask for an emergency Banjo rerate. Things have swayed drastically in his favor since last time. Failing that, More Bosses x 3 and rerate Slime x 2 because I want them to be multiples of 5. Gotta cure that. Also, Frisk is going to be (imo unfairly) judged for not being Sans, despite Erdrick and Cloud, so 10.29% since Undertale is still the likeliest indie.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Crash’s chances: 49% for the first Fighter Pass and 75% for a second one.

He is a big deal currently for Activision by being a flagship property alongside CoD and Spyro. They also want him in Smash and the dude is popular in Japan.

Want: 100%.

He’s Crash.
I love Crash.
I want to see Crash next to Samus and a DQ rep.
Put Crash in pls.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Some music to get into the Crash mood:

----------

"Wow! That was intense! I just typed up this entire rating and boy are my arms tired!"

Chance: 35%
He's got the history and is probably one of the most recognizable characters in gaming, briefly being considered by many to be the mascot of the Playstation. The N. Sane Trilogy and Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled have also brought back a renewed interest for Crash, making the dream of him being in Smash not seem as impossible as it once was especially since both games are on Switch. Nintendo has also been shown to be fairly friendly with Activision in the past as they allowed Donkey Kong and Bowser to be in Skylanders, which also featured Crash in one of the later iterations. The main thing holding him back is that he's a Western IP and it's clear that Nintendo/Sakurai mainly prioritize Japanese IPs first. Diddy, K. Rool, and Dark Samus are the only non-Japanese made fighters in Smash AFAIK and even then they are from Japanese game series. Yes if rumors are to be believed we will be getting a certain other popular Western character into Smash, but that character had a ton of more support and demand to be in Smash (even dating back to the Smash 64 days) which Crash only recently reacquired. Until we get an official confirmation on that other character I mentioned, I'm still skeptical of them including Western series such as Crash. If that other character actually does make it in I can see this chance rating shooting up to at least 60%.

Want: 95%
I picked up the N. Sane Trilogy not too long ago and immediately fell in love with the Crash series. Crash is a perfect fit for Smash and has a ton of moveset and stage potential. Also it probably won't happen since their body shapes/animations are really different but I really want Coco to make it in as an echo/clone.

Frisk chance prediction: 5.31%

Nominations:
Terry Bogard x5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Wait, Amy's day is over already? That wasn't even a full 24 hours!
Whatever, I'll rate her anyway.
Already a Spirit. We just got a Sega character. We already have Sonic. I'm pretty sure I've said all of this already.
Want: 0%
If we were to get another Sega character, there's many choices that are better than Amy. And honestly I just don't like Amy that much.
Crash prediction: Still 40%
Noms: would have been SE rep x5 again.
I'll rate Crash later.

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
WOAH

Chance: 40%
He's one of gaming's most recognisable characters. Along with a certain purple dragon, this orange marsupial is widely considered to be one of two mascots for the original PlayStation. Given the recent revival of the franchise with the release of the N.Sane Trilogy, and with Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled on the way, there's definitely a lot of interest in Crash right now. It also helps that both games are either on the Switch (N.Sane Trilogy) or confirmed to becoming to it (Nitro-Fueled). Nintendo's on good terms with Activision, as stated by Sari, and really the only obstacle is Sakurai's tendency to lean towards Japanese IPs, whereas Crash is a primarily western IP. Still though, Crash IS one of the front-runners as far as characters who are on the mind for DLC go, and there's a very good reason for that.

Want: 80%
While I eventually grew and expanded into other fandoms, there's no denying it; this orange marsupial shaped a great deal of my childhood, alongside the Pokemon series. Crash 3: Warped to this day remains my most replayed game of all time, and proves that good game design never goes out of style. Really, the most impressive thing about Crash is that Crash 2 and Crash 3 managed to age FAR better than what was considered its competition at the time, those being Super Mario 64 and Sonic Adventure, both of which haven't aged well. But that's getting off topic. I have a very strong fondness for the Crash series, and am VERY glad it's returned. Crash Bandicoot is one of my most-wanted newcomers, and while he's no Reimu Hakurei or Yuri Lowell, he does come VERY close to the top.

Frisk Prediction: 0%

Noms: Saber (Fate) x5

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm going to rate Amy anyways. That wasn't a full 24 hours.

Amy Rose

Chance: 2%
With Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow now knocked out of the running, Amy's chances are higher, but still not very good. We already got a Sega character in the pass, and she faces competition from Dr. Eggman, who may take priority over her due to being the main villain of the franchise.

Want: 100%
I absolutely want Amy playable. Being a hammer based character, she can surely be unique because we only have one of those (Dedede).

Now, I'm going to rate Crash properly.

Crash Bandicoot

Being an icon of the original Playstation, Crash may seem out of place here. Yet, we already have two other OG Playstation icons in the game (Snake and Cloud). With the N.Sane Trilogy revitalizing interest in the series, Activision may be inclined to bring Crash to Smash Bros.

Want: 30%
I don't have memories of playing the Crash Bandicoot games, so I don't have any nostalgia for him. But, he is definitely an interesting and unique character from what I have seen of him.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
A reminder that Amy's day's over and ratings done one hour after the end of the day don't matter. That said

Even Activision found a way to bring their mascot back, whatchu doing Microsoft?

Chance: 60%
I would have gone much higher but it seems like we have our answer to the question of who we're getting at E3 and honestly Crash is the kind of character that would get announced there. Still, call it a simple premonition, because Crash just has everything going for him. Iconic, with that special Sonic rivalry spin. Super popular, successful, acclaimed, influential, you can't talk PS1 without talking Crash. Also super relevant, not one-off relevant but multiple games relevant (and I wouldn't be surprised if they were planning an actual new game). On Nintendo consoles, including the Switch. Zero competition on his level from his company.

All of the above are also why I love him and why he deserves to be in Smash.

Noms: Kyle Hyde X5

Frisk prediction: 6.31%

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
The Party Crasher
Chance:
65%

I never thought we'd see Crash in Smash 4 years ago, but this is one of those cases where times have changed for the better. His recent revival thanks to the N. Sane Trilogy, and Nitro Fueled really boosted his chances, along with no longer being a Sony owned character. He's a gaming legend, and one of the most iconic out there. He was also a part of one of the biggest console wars of all time. He's now owned by Activision, which has been doing some... questionable things lately, but they're a company that's been on good terms with Nintendo lately. The iconic factor and Activision work really well together in terms of chances, because then we could have Mario vs Sonic vs Crash considered when brought up to the company. The two things going against Crash is his competition, and being a western IP. He is competing against Spyro, and other Activision characters. (I do not consider Tracer as competition, because Blizzard is a separate company that owns Activision, and they are able to make their own separate decisions. They only really cooperate for COD and Destiny.) Being a western IP creates a language barrier, and Sakurai usually prefers not to need a translator.

Crash is a part of my childhood, and is one of the most iconic gaming characters of all time. Seeing him in Smash will unite the 90's console wars together, and truly make this game a celebration of gaming as a whole. He comes in at 2nd for my realistic most wanted, behind Banjo, and 4th overall, with Xurkitree and Reaper beating the two of them.

Frisk: 0.51% (**** no.)

Heavy Weapons Guy x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Crash Bandicoot

70% Chance

My my how times mends the soul.

If we did this a few weeks ago, I would have likely said that Crash would have about a 40% Chance at best. But many things have affected Crash.

First, some stuff on him being a Western IP. Spoilers due to potential leaks.
If Banjo Kazooie are indeed coming at E3, than that means that the biggest hurdle of Crash being from a Western IP is gone. We already have seen Sakurai can negotiate with Western companies like he did for Shovel Knight and Shantae. Now the step from AT and Spirit to playable negotiations would probably be much bigger, but if the leaks are to be believed I would say its possible. For the record, I am very confident that Erdrick and Banjo are our E3 Characters. Also if supposed ballot leaks of who did well are to be believed (which I do not personally but its worth mentioning), then Crash did well for Smash pre N. Sane.

Outside of that Crash has a very solid resume. Crash was the mascot of the PS1 back in the day, and Sakurai has shown a good deal of PS1 nostalgia towards games like FF7, SotN, and MGS1. Crash did also have success in Japan, something very unique for Western IPs. Then you have the fact that he had a very successful remake come to the switch, his other remake coming to switch, and he seems even better.

That also plays into it. Timing. Crash is one of the Characters that benefits the most from the timing of the DLC selection. Crash has been having a good time in the sun since 2017. If DLC selection was made and negotiated from 2017 to before smash ultimate's launch, that benefits Crash a lot since the timing makes him even more ideal.

The environment that the fighters pass suggests aids Crash as well. Third Parties up makes his competition smaller. He has one of the most solid resumes out there already, so among potential third parties he stands tall. He also benefits from Reggie's statements.

I actually am very confident in Crash. Right now my FP guess is...

Joker
Erdrick
Banjo
Leon S Kennedy
Crash

I also think we are gonna get a wave 2 but that is super far out there to speculate. For the record my guesses for the short list for wave 2 would be Lloyd Irving, Spyro, Tracer, Steve, Phoenix Wright, Sora, Ryu Hayabusa, and Travis Touchdown. I also do think we might get one or two bonus little fighters outside of the Fighters Pass, in which case the characters I would bet on for that would be Bandana Dee, Waluigi, and maybe Rex, and if we get any promotional characters like Edelgard or a Gen 8 mon that would be like that too.

100% Want

Currently by far my most wanted realistic character. I may want Spyro more, but I know he has to come after Crash does. I would love to see Crash in Smash. He visually meshes so well. He has an important role in gaming history. It would be epic to see Crash vs Sonic vs Mario. I want to see the music remastered as well. I want I want I want.

Spyro x 5

RealPokeFan11 RealPokeFan11 Once I get Spyro on the schedule I will be nomming Heavy with you.[/Spoiler]

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Crash

Chance 50 - I wouldn't be shocked to see this happen. Not overly confident in Crash getting in right now, but I do think he has the credentials to get a spot. Iconic? For sure. Relevant? Yep. History with Nintendo seems less and less needed with each character that comes out but he's got that too. Requested? Maybe not as much as someone like Banjo or Geno, but I think he is. I'm a subscriber to Mii Costume theory, and that theory would make it impossible to get him in if Banjo is also in the game though, so...... yeah.

Want: 90
I'd be excited for Crash to Smash. Would be a 100 if not for Spyro who I want more.

Noms
Ellie x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Morrigan Aensland x120
Spyro x110
Kamek x106
Crono x105
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x103
Concept: Microsoft Rep x102
Aloy x100
Concept: Third-party character from unrepped Company x100
Kyle Hyde x100
Saber (Fate) x100

100 - 51

Boss: Kracko x89
Frogger x85
Concept: Square Enix rep x85
Noctis Lucis Caelum x80
Glover x80
Concept: Valve rep x80
9-Volt x80
Heavy (Team Fortress) x76
Ellie (The Last of Us) x70
Ninten x69
Jin Kazama x65
Velvet Crowe x65
Rundas x65
Adeleine (Kirby) x62
Cadence (Crypt of the Necrodancer) x60
X (Mega Man) x53
Papyrus x51

50 - 25

Gene (God Hand) x50
Decidueye x45
Specter Knight x47
[Rerate] Bandana Dee x36
Concept: DLC challenges x35
Gooey (Kirby) x31
Concept: Assist Trophy becomes Fighter x30
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x30
Farmer (Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons) x28
Brian (Quest 64) x27
Thrall (Warcraft) x25
Cooking Mama x25
Boss: Perfect Chaos x25
Earthworm Jim x25
Captain Rainbow x25

Under 25

Qbby x24
Blaze the Cat x23
[Rerate] Steve? x21
Reporter & Wrestler x20
Tora and Poppi x20
[Rerate] Micaiah x20
Terry Bogard x20
Concept: Spirits aren’t disconfirmations x18
Concept: More Bosses x17
Hector (Fire Emblem) x15
Pyra & Mythra (sans Rex) x15
Amaterasu x15
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x15
Black Shadow x13
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes fighter x13
King Boo x13
Concept: Another joke character x13
Gex x12
Mike Jones x11
Concept: Bethesda rep x10
Frog (Chrono Trigger) x10
Beat (Jet Set Radio) x10
Concept: Spectator Emotes x10
Concept: Lord Fredrik as an Echo Fighter of K. Rool x10
Sunflower (Plants vs. Zombies) x10
Toon Zelda x8
Marx (Kirby) x8
Magolor x6
[Rerate] Banjo-Kazooie x6
Blacephalon x5
Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors) x5
Neptune x5
Concept: Crazi Taxi rep x5
Oliver (Ni No Kuni) x5
Courier (Fallout) x5
Scorpion x5
Concept: Another literally who Level-5 Character who's popular in Japan, like Achilles or Mark Evans x5
Starman (Pro Wrestling) x5
Malzahar (League of Legends) x5
Concept: Master Chief Mii Costume x5
Worm (Worms) x5
[Rerate] Sans x5
Balloon Fighter x5
Tiz Arrior x5
[Rerate] Sora (Kingdom Hearts) x5
[Rerate] Dovahkiin x5
Lizalfos x4
Eight (Dragon Quest) x3
[Rerate] Slime (Dragon Quest) x3
Urbosa x3
[Rerate] Captain Toad x3
Boss: Sans x2
Luminary (Dragon Quest) x2
Sub-Zero x2
[Rerate] Geno x2
Concept: Street Fighter Mii costumes x2
Stahl x1
Duster x1
Pappy Van Poodle x1

Spyro hops over Kamek, and takes second place. Crono warps past Microsoft rep and Protector, arriving at fourth place. Saber joins the top seven (which at this point is looking more like a top ten), tying with Aloy, Third-party character from an unrepped company and Kyle Hyde for seventh place.

The Party Crasher
Chance:
65%

I never thought we'd see Crash in Smash 4 years ago, but this is one of those cases where times have changed for the better. His recent revival thanks to the N. Sane Trilogy, and Nitro Fueled really boosted his chances, along with no longer being a Sony owned character. He's a gaming legend, and one of the most iconic out there. He was also a part of one of the biggest console wars of all time. He's now owned by Activision, which has been doing some... questionable things lately, but they're a company that's been on good terms with Nintendo lately. The iconic factor and Activision work really well together in terms of chances, because then we could have Mario vs Sonic vs Crash considered when brought up to the company. The two things going against Crash is his competition, and being a western IP. He is competing against Spyro, and other Activision characters. (I do not consider Tracer as competition, because Blizzard is a separate company that owns Activision, and they are able to make their own separate decisions. They only really cooperate for COD and Destiny.) Being a western IP creates a language barrier, and Sakurai usually prefers not to need a translator.

Crash is a part of my childhood, and is one of the most iconic gaming characters of all time. Seeing him in Smash will unite the 90's console wars together, and truly make this game a celebration of gaming as a whole. He comes in at 2nd for my realistic most wanted, behind Banjo, and 4th overall, with Xurkitree and Reaper beating the two of them.

Heavy Weapons Guy x5
A couple of corrections. Sony never owned Crash. Blizzard doesn't own Activision, they're sister companies on equal ground (technically, Activision is Blizzard's uncle company, as it's sister companies with Vivendi Games, Blizzard's parent company). As far as I know Blizzard never had anything to do with CoD or Destiny beyond those games being on Battle.net, and Destiny is no longer Activision property anyway.

Crash Bandicoot

70% Chance

My my how times mends the soul.

If we did this a few weeks ago, I would have likely said that Crash would have about a 40% Chance at best. But many things have affected Crash.

First, some stuff on him being a Western IP. Spoilers due to potential leaks.
If Banjo Kazooie are indeed coming at E3, than that means that the biggest hurdle of Crash being from a Western IP is gone. We already have seen Sakurai can negotiate with Western companies like he did for Shovel Knight and Shantae. Now the step from AT and Spirit to playable negotiations would probably be much bigger, but if the leaks are to be believed I would say its possible. For the record, I am very confident that Erdrick and Banjo are our E3 Characters. Also if supposed ballot leaks of who did well are to be believed (which I do not personally but its worth mentioning), then Crash did well for Smash pre N. Sane.

Outside of that Crash has a very solid resume. Crash was the mascot of the PS1 back in the day, and Sakurai has shown a good deal of PS1 nostalgia towards games like FF7, SotN, and MGS1. Crash did also have success in Japan, something very unique for Western IPs. Then you have the fact that he had a very successful remake come to the switch, his other remake coming to switch, and he seems even better.

That also plays into it. Timing. Crash is one of the Characters that benefits the most from the timing of the DLC selection. Crash has been having a good time in the sun since 2017. If DLC selection was made and negotiated from 2017 to before smash ultimate's launch, that benefits Crash a lot since the timing makes him even more ideal.

The environment that the fighters pass suggests aids Crash as well. Third Parties up makes his competition smaller. He has one of the most solid resumes out there already, so among potential third parties he stands tall. He also benefits from Reggie's statements.

I actually am very confident in Crash. Right now my FP guess is...

Joker
Erdrick
Banjo
Leon S Kennedy
Crash

I also think we are gonna get a wave 2 but that is super far out there to speculate. For the record my guesses for the short list for wave 2 would be Lloyd Irving, Spyro, Tracer, Steve, Phoenix Wright, Sora, Ryu Hayabusa, and Travis Touchdown. I also do think we might get one or two bonus little fighters outside of the Fighters Pass, in which case the characters I would bet on for that would be Bandana Dee, Waluigi, and maybe Rex, and if we get any promotional characters like Edelgard or a Gen 8 mon that would be like that too.

100% Want

Currently by far my most wanted realistic character. I may want Spyro more, but I know he has to come after Crash does. I would love to see Crash in Smash. He visually meshes so well. He has an important role in gaming history. It would be epic to see Crash vs Sonic vs Mario. I want to see the music remastered as well. I want I want I want.

Spyro x 5

RealPokeFan11 RealPokeFan11 Once I get Spyro on the schedule I will be nomming Heavy with you.[/Spoiler]
So you think a second Fighter Pass would also be third-party only? Talk about a bummer.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
The Party Crasher
Chance:
65%

Heavy Weapons Guy x5

Gonna just say that Crash's only strong competition from Activision would be from the Blizzard side. I could see a Warcraft character given that Hearthstone is massive and WoW was massive, but I ain't confident in them tbh. The bigger contender is Overwatch imo, as I could see Tracer getting pushed for smash. That being said Crash far outranks them imo for Smash. As much as I like Spyro Crash has to come first.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Gonna just say that Crash's only strong competition from Activision would be from the Blizzard side. I could see a Warcraft character given that Hearthstone is massive and WoW was massive, but I ain't confident in them tbh. The bigger contender is Overwatch imo, as I could see Tracer getting pushed for smash. That being said Crash far outranks them imo for Smash. As much as I like Spyro Crash has to come first.
I don't think any of those characters come close to Spyro. It's kind of like

Crash

Spyro

Tracer

Everyone else

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
The Mascot
Chance:100%: I will be legitimately shocked if Crash isn’t in the fighters pass. He is iconic, has moveset potential, and recent remakes that were hits both commercially and critically. And my call for FP right now is
Joker
Geno
Crash
Ryu Hayubusa
Bandana Dee
so yeah.
Want:100%: He would be a very cool character. I would like if the vehicles and upgrades for Warped were represented, and honestly he would be an very original character. I’m down.
Nominations
Specter Knight x3, Blaze x2

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I don't think any of those characters come close to Spyro. It's kind of like

Crash

Spyro

Tracer

Everyone else
Oh I agree. But i put it as Crash>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Spyro>>>>Tracer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Anyone else.

It mainly is just there are three realistic Activision Blizzard reps. And one of them needs another to come first imo. I am the biggest Spyro supporter here, but I know that he ain't getting in without Crash.

Also let it be known that for two days in a week we have had the RTC filled with relatively high scores. I consider that a miracle lol.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The Mascot
Chance:100%: I will be legitimately shocked if Crash isn’t in the fighters pass. He is iconic, has moveset potential, and recent remakes that were hits both commercially and critically. And my call for FP right now is
Joker
Geno
Crash
Ryu Hayubusa
Bandana Dee
so yeah.
Want:100%: He would be a very cool character. I would like if the vehicles and upgrades for Warped were represented, and honestly he would be an very original character. I’m down.
Nominations
Specter Knight x3, Blaze x2
Don't think it'll happen, but I would certainly buy that Fighter Pass.

Top Bottom