• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Chance: 5%
She just doesn't seem likely, and plenty of people have already explained why

Want: 0%
I like the Legend of StarFox but she never was an important character to me. I would have given 10% before Brawl just because I really hate playing as Fox and Falco's movesets but then Wolf happened and his feral take on the moveset is incredibly fun so now I have no need for her.

noms: Tethu X5

Seeing people talking about how x franchise can't get a certain amount of characters until y franchise does makes me want to smash my keyboard
Well said. You mind if I make this my signature?

Graizen

Smash Champion
Krystal:
Chances: 30%
Want: 80%

I've never been a fan of the Star Fox series, but from the games I played, I think only Fox and Wolf would be cool in the game. Apart from them Krystal is certainly the third choice, she would give a great addition to the game.

Nomination:
Agumon x5

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Seeing people talking about how x franchise can't get a certain amount of characters until y franchise does makes me want to smash my keyboard
And the converse is also not good reasoning: "If X franchise gets newcomers, surely Y franchise will/should too!"

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Krystal
Chance: 1%
She's essentially been (rightfully) written out of Star Fox. Considering that Wolf is by far the most requested Star Fox character, and that even Slippy and Pappy have far more relevance (and in Slippy's case, a guard inspired moveset), she'd need a ballot miracle in order to make the cut.

Want: 90%
I love Krystal in spite of her dubious fanbase, I'd love to see her in Smash.

Nom: Banjo-Kazooie x5

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Krystal
Chance- 3%
The pessimism is warranted. No longer relevant, popularity has slipped (which was divisive to begin with), ignored in newest game of a series that might have been killed by Zero's financial flop, competition from Wolf... there really is no good reason to be optimistic about Krystal's chances.
Want- 15%
I don't hate her, but I'd just assume we get Wolf back and call it a day for Star Fox.

Rex & Pyra Predictions- 51%

Nominations:
Ashley (WarioWare) x5

Graizen

Smash Champion
A new addition, Agumon, has shot up 18 noms in one round! But...isn't he a Digimon? Well, I'm not judging, lol. Technically, we can rate anyone's chances...
Yes he is!
Digimon games are all made by Namco Bandai.
Digimon started as a Virtual Pet, a type of Video Game not Yet represented in Smash Bros.
I realy think Agumon have more chances than people think.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Yes he is!
Digimon games are all made by Namco Bandai.
Digimon started as a Virtual Pet, a type of Video Game not Yet represented in Smash Bros.
I realy think Agumon have more chances than people think.
Doesn't Digimon have a stronger connection to Playstation? Just saying.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
I wont give any percentages on either end due to the fact I cannot be certain what it would be, but nonetheless I do[/spoiler] want her because I see her as a fresh addition to both combat style and the series she's from.

Anyway to go into details, as many mentioned Sakurais post about her, I see the potential in her both from that and just in general. She can offer a brand new fighting style which would hopefully benefit other contenders. While i've seen some argue that because she wasnt in Zero, it somehow makes her not as relevant or canon in some cases, it does not stop me from backing her as those supporting those from other titles that are in a imilar state. Not just that but it is pretty idiotic to say this due to the following;
  • Krystal still gets as much attention despite being absent
  • The Super Nintendo Art Book that released alongside the SNES Classic has her featured which makes it clear she's a mainstay to the series (countering what some here mentioned entirely)
  • >Expecting her, let alone anyone after 64, in a remake of 64
Krystal

Chance: 5%
Pros: The ballot was taken during a period of time when she had decent vocal support.

Cons: Wolf was removed and is a bigger fan favourite amongst the Smash fanbase.
Star Fox bombed spectacularly on Wii U
Krystal wasn't even in said latest Star Fox
Star Fox isn't as popular as it once was.
Krystal herself is a pretty polarizing character amongst the fanbase from what I've heard.
The series reboot...Krystal may not even exist in the current Star Fox franchise.

She's definitely missed her primetime to get in sadly.

Want: 20%
My want for her decreased after Wolf was removed. She's still a semi prominent female character and could have a different moveset from the rest of the species but Bandana Dee is more my go to for a spear wielder these days.

Nomination: Zelda Newcomer X5
The argument of character all boils down to role, which really as someone who's done the research on the series, is pretty contradicting. If I had to explain, absolutely no one on the team serves any real purpose. If it's somehow about character, news flash, everyone is one dimensional. To put this simple, it's the handful of purists that say this and it's pretty inconsiderate and ignorant to say the least.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Oh boy I'm going to enjoy today's character

Krystal

Chance: 0.01%

She's not getting in. 1.) She's been retconned thanks to Star Fox Zero. 2.) Starfox Zero bombed and the future for StarFox is bleak. 3.) Wolf is very likely to be brought back and is much more popular than her.

And I really do not like her at all. One of the characters I want least in this game. No personality who's only purpose is being Fox's love interest. And when devs tried to give her a personality in Command, she becomes a sufferable woman scorned.

Prediction

Rex and Pyra: 55.63%

Nomination

Lucas x5

D

Deleted member

The blue vixen

Chance: 15%

She's been M.I.A. since Star Fox Command more than a decade ago, and the fact there hasn't any mention of her whatsoever in the latest Star Fox games could be an indication Nintendo has no plan for her anytime soon.
Too bad she's not very appreciated among Nintendo fans too.

Want: 60%

A shame the first game she appeared in had such a divisive reception among fans, especially as it does Zelda-like mechanics better than most of the latest Zelda entries.
Also a spear user is a plus for gameplay varieties.

Nomination:
:4shulk:x5

Rex & Pyra prediction:
66%

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Krystal:

Chance: 25%

Sadly, it looks like her boat has sailed away. She's been MIA for over a decade now due to her series being more interested in a failed reboot. It looks like StarFox will be sitting on the bench this generation, so I doubt it would get a newcomer. And of course, on top of that, she also has a popular veteran in direct competition with her.

Want: 75%
While my interest in the series has waned over the years of nothing but rehash, she still would be the only character to not be a derivative of Fox's moveset. I'd much rather have her in than Wolf back any day.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Oh boy I'm going to enjoy today's character

Krystal

Chance: 0.01%

She's not getting in. 1.) She's been retconned thanks to Star Fox Zero. 2.) Starfox Zero bombed and the future for StarFox is bleak. 3.) Wolf is very likely to be brought back and is much more popular than her.

And I really do not like her at all. One of the characters I want least in this game. No personality who's only purpose is being Fox's love interest. And when devs tried to give her a personality in Command, she becomes a sufferable woman scorned.

Prediction

Rex and Pyra: 55.63%

Nomination

Lucas x5
>Retconned
Uhhhhh
>No Personality
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
(See bottom right hand corner, add the fact everyone in the series has no personality)

Not here to start anything, not that I want to either way, but I did just point out the contradictions....

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
When did that come out?
The same day as the SNES Classic, the very day SF2 was released too. Again i'm not wanting to cause any trouble here, but it is an issue if someone still rides on the retcon boat when there's clear evidence that isnt true. Otherwise I dont care what opinion anyone has, just dont take it that far cause I could easily just say that about anyone else that appeared after 64.

D

Deleted member

The same day as the SNES Classic, the very day SF2 was released too. Again i'm not wanting to cause any trouble here, but it is an issue if someone still rides on the retcon boat when there's clear evidence that isnt true. Otherwise I dont care what opinion anyone has, just dont take it that far cause I could easily just say that about anyone else that appeared after 64.
Ok. Fair enough then.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Krystal:
Chance-35%: She hasn't officially been retconned from the series, she hasn't appeared in a game in a decade, that may hurt her, BUT before Brawl, Pit had not been in a game since 1991. She also was a popular ballot request. While I will admit, the future of the Star Fox series is murky at best, that hasn't stopped Sakurai in the past (Looking at you, Ness and Wii Fit Trainer).

Want- 100%: She would be distinct and unique enough in terms of playstyle to stand apart from Fox, Falco, and Wolf, and the rest of the roster for that matter.

(And FYI: Krystal is STILL a part of the series, she was even referenced in the Playing with Super Power book for the SNES Classic. Until Miyamoto or anyone else at Nintendo says she's no longer canon, she's part of the franchise. FYI: Zero **WASN'T** a reboot, it takes place in an alternate timeline. Until Nintendo says otherwise, Adventures and Assault are canon)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Krystal

Chance: 10%

I just don't see her getting in, especially since it has been a long time since the last game she was in.

Want: 75%

I wouldn't mind her being in the game, and I'd actually welcome her completely. I could even play as her to give her a try.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Being referenced also could just be a nod to show she existed? Doesn't mean much. Not like we'll see another SF game for a decade to find out anyways.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I literally explained this to you a month ago. Pit was a retro character, Krystal isn't
Not. The same. Thing.
Well then what about Roy smartypants. Being a veteran doesn't really matter (Lucas got cut and he was a 2x Vet). He hasn't been in a non Smash Bros game was 2004

D

Deleted member

Well then what about Roy smartypants. Being a veteran doesn't really matter (Lucas got cut and he was a 2x Vet). He hasn't been in a non Smash Bros game was 2004
Says who? You?
Also nice attempt at being snarky.... not.

D

Deleted member

Lucas was cut and he was a 2x veteran. Yet we got Roy back, who again, hasn't been in a Fire Emblem game since 2004
Point me to the Smash game that had Krystal as a playable character. Stop grasping at straws.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Roy was DLC. Clearly not high enough of a priority for the base game. He was only DLC because of Melee fans complaining anyways

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Krystal:

Chance: 13%
With Star Fox's future very uncertain now following Zero's poor reception, I'd say Krystal has quite a bit against her. The series is in between a rock and a hard place - Don't think continuously rebooting will be a good way to keep the image stabilised, and Krystal hasn't shown up in recent years at all.

Want: 32%
While I'm more indifferent to her now, I do think that she does have what it takes to be a somewhat unique character for Star Fox in Smash Bros. However, I'd much prefer Wolf coming back before Krystal becomes playable and when the Star Fox series has a more stable future.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Krystal
Chance: 1%
I don't see her happening
Want: 10%
I mean, I guess she wouldn't be that bad, but much better choices exist

Wait? Extra nominations?

Skull Kid. .... RISE
x10

Prediction
Rex and Pyra: 65%

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Pit wasn't a veteran in Brawl; he was a newcomer. And that's what Lampy was talking about. Brawl Pit.

So your "being a veteran doesn't really matter" point was irrelevant to the discussion.

Lucas was cut and he was a 2x veteran. Yet we got Roy back, who again, hasn't been in a Fire Emblem game since 2004
Roy had an appearance in Awakening's DLC. Last appearance would then be 2012, not 2004.

Sure, it wasn't his game, but **** it, that counts anyway.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Pit wasn't a veteran in Brawl; he was a newcomer. And that's what Lampy was talking about. Brawl Pit.

So your "being a veteran doesn't really matter" point was irrelevant to the discussion.

Roy had an appearance in Awakening's DLC. Last appearance would then be 2012, not 2004.

Sure, it wasn't his game, but **** it, that counts anyway.
I was referring to newcomer Pit too.

Top Bottom