• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

D

Deleted member

Henry Flemming

Chance: 2%

While he has recency on his side, his one game flopped, which doesn't bode well for his future. IS probably has other characters they'd push for.

Want: 25%

Could be cool.

Nomination: Simon Belmont x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Also I am just going to state this due to having given people more than enough time to rally to save characters, but I am purging the nominations list of all 25 and under characters on Friday. You can attempt to get users together to save characters, but so many of these are just 1x noms.

D

Deleted member

Henry Flemings
Chances- 14%
Want- 2%
While i do expect content from Codemane Steam in this game (definetly a trophy at the very least, stage and assist trophy as a maybe), i highly doubt he would be a playable character.
My want is that way because i have not played the game enough to see how he would work in smash bros.
Noms-
9 volt- x2
Concept: Indie Character x3

D

Deleted member

Abstaining from Fleming.
I'm absolutely exhausted so I don't feel like writing a paragraph about how Codename STEAM flopped and got mediocre reviews.
Also not a whole lot of attachment to the character aside from what little I've played of the game's demo... I remember it being pretty good actually, idk why I never got back to it.

Susie x2, Mimikyu x3

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Henry Flemming
Chance: 1%
I very much doubt we'll even see another game in his series let alone get a playable character in Smash...

Want: 1%
Don't really care tbh...

----

Prediction:
Ashley-31.34%

----

Dark Samus x5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Henry Fleming

Chance: 5%
Highest I'll go. It's a new IP and made by Intelligent Systems, and Sakurai's close with them. Henry would also offer incredibly unique gameplay. And that's...about where the positive factors end.

Want: 100%
One of my most wanted newcomers. A resource management character who uses built up steam to power his attacks. The Eagle Rifle would also give him tremendous range. Steampunk and classic literature is a great aesthetic combo.

Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. is incredibly underrated and I encourage everyone to try it.

Predicting a 28 for Ashley
Nominating English Marth x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Henry Fleming

A new IP and it's in the right time frame, but Code Name S.T.E.A.M. is only one game and it really didn't do particularly well. I see it getting some trophies and not much else. IS would be likely to push for someone else.

Want: 30%

Generally up for new franchise being included, though I feel there are better choices than this one. I do have Code Name S.T.E.A.M., but I haven't been too interested in it and I don't think he'd be someone I'd use very often.

Ashley prediction: 27.17%

Nominations: Tails x2, Toon Zelda x3

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Cap Fleming

Chance: 6%
Game didn’t exactly set the world on fire

Want: 19%
Honestly his design and moveset potential nab him a “wouldn’t mind seeing him” from me.

Predictions:
Ashley: 80%

Noms:
QbbyX5

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Henry Fleming

Chance: 0%
Obscure character from a game that bombed horribly. You wanna know how bad? In its first week in Japan, the game only sold 1,865 copies in retail. Digital is never really stated, but it couldn't have been any better. Does anyone know if the lifetime sales ever broke 100,000?

Want: 0%
It tried adding Fire Emblem characters to make it relevant but the only good that came out of that is Marth finally getting an English voice. You can easily get it for $10 or less on Amazon.

Nominations
Nia and Dromarch (Xenoblade) x5

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Henry Fleming

Obscure character from a game that bombed horribly. You wanna know how bad? In its first week in Japan, the game only sold 1,865 copies in retail. Digital is never really stated, but it couldn't have been any better. Does anyone know if the lifetime sales ever broke 100,000?

It tried adding Fire Emblem characters to make it relevant but the only good that came out of that is Marth finally getting an English voice. You can easily get it for $10 or less on Amazon.

Nominations
Nia and Dromarch (Xenoblade) x5
IIRC the worldwide sales were between 150 and 200K. Virtually none of it was from Japan though because they clearly have no taste.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Henry Flemings
Chances:
1%

This 1% is just becouse MAYBE one day a new game can save this series. But no.

Nomination: Agumon x5

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Henry Fleming

Chance: 15%
A B-listed handheld newcomer that never took off? Those chances are really not good. As an intelligent Systems creation, it'd be pretty strange if he got in before an Advance Wars representative, and his lack of both commercial success and follow-up games hurts him too. Doesn't have any historicity to speak of either, unless filling in big title droughts counts.

Want: 30%
While he's not exactly on the fron of the line of characters I'd prioritize. I'll give him some props for the reference. Not to mention, steampunk's always a fun "do whatever you want" thematic to base a moveset out of.

Prediction:
Ashley: 29%

Nominations:
Viridi x2
Papyrus (Undertale) x3

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Henry Flamingo

Chance: 0.1%

Codename S.T.E.A.M died before it even began. It's best hope for Smash representation is through a trophy, maybe a track, and if it's really lucky an assist trophy.

Want: 0.01% (still not a 0% lol)

I have no interest in seeing this series become playable. Not to mention the other Intelligent Systems strategy series that I want playable in Smash over this one (I wonder what that could be? :confused:).

Prediction: Ashley

Chance: 45%
Want: 35%

Nominations

Mike Jones X 3
Masked Link X 2

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
Henry Flamingo

Why would they place it?

I never liked Codename S.T.E.A.M

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Handheld game that did not do well (due to major design problems), and has no signs of a future.
Want: 5%
The game has better characters. I’d actually like to see it tried again, but it would need some HUGE mechanics overhauls. The themes, characters, and story are pretty rad. But gameplay matters, and this game’s was...flawed.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Henry Fleming

Chance - 1%

New 2nd party IP that flopped big time, especially in Japan. Even in terms of the company who made the game, there are a lot more Intelligent System characters and franchises with higher history and demand to be in Smash, even aside from the Fire Emblem picks: Panel de Pon / Puzzle League, Paper Mario, Advance Wars, and WarioWare. Hell, I think even Mallo from Pushmo may have a better shot, simply because he would work better as a "WTF" pick and comes from a game series with a lot more games.

Want - 1%

I never picked Code Name: S.T.E.A.M., because it looks super slow and generally just not very interesting to play. I'd rather not see the character in Smash, honestly.

Nominations:
Starfy x5

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Henry:
Chance: 2% -
The game failed despite the marketing.
Want: 12% - I enjoyed my time with Codename: S.T.E.A.M. but there are just better characters to pick from.

Prediction: Ashley
Chance: 36.91%
Want: 69.31%

Nominations:

Sakura Shinguji x5

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Henry Flamingo
Double abstain for today, I haven't played his game to make a fair assessment.

Ashley: 34.75%

x5 to Simon Belmont

slambros

Smash Ace
Henry Fleming

The game was a flop, and Henry Fleming is a character based on another literary character (from "The Red Badge of Courage"). I don't think they'd go for it.

Want: 10%
I think there's potential for the character to have a decent moveset.

Nominations:
Arle Nadja x1
Geno x1
Lana x1
Micaiah x1
Tethu x1

:171:

D

Deleted member

I'm bored so I'm gonna rate every character I missed. I know I haven't exactly been on hiatus in the last couple of days but I'm still officially on hiatus and will probably not be very active in the next couple of days. I know my ratings are not gonna affect the ranking, but I'm bored soooo...
Shulk
100% x2
Chance-wise, I feel that as the core representative of his series there's no way he will get cut as technical limitations and licensing are the only reasons an entire series ever got dropped. Xenoblade is also becoming a mainstay IP for Nintendo so there's that. I will be shocked if he ever gets cut.
As for want, he gets over 1% by the virtue of being a veteran as I dislike cuts.
On top of that, Shulk is a unique fighter with a moveset that I personally enjoy a lot so that's enough to raise my want score all the way up to 100%.
Worth mentioning that I've yet to play Xenoblade but I do want to do that one day.

Skull Kid
Chance: 15%
He's popular and gets a lot of nods in the Zelda series (From what I understand), and that's it. He's rather irrelevant and only had one major appearence in his series, and I don't think he did too well in the ballot due to being a NPC.

Want: 55%
I have unfortunately yet to play any Zelda game that involves him but I do want to, and he seems like a cool and unique character.

Doomguy
Chance: 10%
Not much to say here.

Want: 5%
Not a fan of generic avatar characters.

Anna
Chance: 25%
She's a recurring and decently popular character, but that's it. They typically go for the main character of the most recent game in terms of Fire Emblem.

Not a fan of Anna, but she could be pretty interesting.

Phoenix Wright
I'm having a difficult time seeing a good reason to add him. He's not very iconic and his moveset potential is not exactly obvious.

Want: 70%
I've played a good portion of the first game, and I loved it. Unfortunately I haven't finished it and haven't touched it in a while due to school eating up a lot of my free time (Will probably get back to the game after the year ends) so I can only rate him so high, but I'd love to objection people to oblivion. Also the music is amazing.

Dr. Eggman
Chance: Abstain
I have absolutely no idea if a second character from a 3rd party series will even be considered, and I have no idea if Eggman is more likely than Tails, Knuckles or Shadow or not.

Want: 85%
Amazing villain with incredible moveset potential. I do prefer Tails as a character but his moveset potential doesn't appeal to me as much.

Jinbanyan
I don't think they're gonna add a non iconic 3rd party purely for marketing. Bayonetta at least had the ballot going for her, meanwhile Jinbanyan's series was never particularly popular outside of Japan, and it's popularity isdying even there.
The notion of calling it a "Pokemon Killer" is absolutely laughable.

Keep Yo-Kai Watch the hell away from Smash pls.

Lucina
Chance: 90%
She's basically the face of Fire Emblem these days and is also incredibly easy to add.

Want: 60%
She's a veteran, and... that's it really.
She's almost indistinguishable from Marth in terms of moveset and she's unlikely to get any major changes, and as a character I found her pretty bland and boring...
The only reason why it's so high is that I have nothing against her and the prospect of her getting decloned is pretty damn cool.

Elma
Chance: 80%
I believe the mech with the gun Sakurai talked about was meant to be used as a reference for her moveset. No one else makes sense.

Want: 55%
I like her design more than Rex or Pyra's designs, and that's about it.
Sorry for going off topic like that

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
TJ ''''''Henry'''''' Fleming

Codename STEAM bombed and there seems to be very little support for this guy.

Guess he will have to settle with being an Assist Trophy at most.

Want: ABSTAIN

Predictions for Ashley: 7.04%

Nominations: Canon DK/Bowser/Diddy voices x4 Qbby x1

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Henry Fleming chances: 1%
Standards for new IPs to be represented in Smash are simply beyond Codename S.T.E.A.M.'s credentials, it's a single game that tanked really hard. Assist Trophy material at best if lucky.

Henry Fleming want: 15%
I played the demo, it was pretty cool, but I didn't buy the final game. I'm not really invested in him.

Ashley prediction: 22.74%

Nominating:
Concept: veteran character artworks recycled from Smash 3DS/Wii U x4
Playable newcomer: Mimikyu x1

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Henry Fleming

The game was a flop, and Henry Fleming is a character based on another literary character (from "The Red Badge of Courage"). I don't think they'd go for it.

I think there's potential for the character to have a decent moveset.

Nominations:
Arle Nadja x1
Geno x1
Lana x1
Micaiah x1
Tethu x1

:171:
I mean it doesn't alter his odds much, but if being based on a public domain character were a death sentence Palutena wouldn't be in the game, considering her name is a corruption of Pallas Athena. Not to mention the rest of the Kid Icarus pantheon.

D

Deleted member

Henry Fleming

His franchise is likely to be born dead given the reception of Code Name S.T.E.A.M..

I've played to the demo of the game, and it bored me to the point I didn't have the motivation to finish it.
And he haven't made such an impact on me either.

Nomination:
Concept: Battlefield form x5

Ashley prediction: 18.44%

Last edited by a moderator:

Megaban

Smash Cadet
HENRY FLEMING
Chance -0%

Considering that's the 1st time I even see this name he's prolly not too significant and 3rd party, so very unlikely.

Want -30%?

Again, I don't know the guy, so can't rly say, but I'd prefer someone more worthy of the place.

Prediction: Ashley -16%

Nomination: Kamek x5

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Ok, I have rated almost all of the characters being rated next week. Really hoping the Isabelle discussion will be a great time. We need to explore this character in as many interesting angles as we can.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Chance: 1% and that's being generous
His game flopped hard even though IS was sure it would be a hit. Aside from Cloud being in, Smash doesn't seem to keen on highlighting Nintendo's failures.

Want: 90%
Heck yeah, his game was an awesome experiment from IS. It's a shame he will be forced to fade into obscurity.

Now that my boy Tethu is locked in I'm not even sure who to vote for....
Noms: Mewtwo X5 I guess

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Howdy mother****ers

I have come to spread the Gospel of S.T.E.A.M

~musical accompaniment~

Seriously though this game has a fantastic soundtrack and I’d better at least get a song or two in this game

So as the unofficially designated #1 fan of Codename: S.T.E.A.M, and by extention, the #1 supporter of Henry for Smash Bros, I am horrified and disgusted by these atrotious scores, but not incredibly suprised. For all intents and purposes, this game was a flop. Some might say that it deserves to be forgotten, and those people are what we call stupid. Becuase despite it’s middling review scores (**** you, Polygon), and despite the awful sales, Codename S.T.E.A.M is still a fantastic game, with exquiste gameplay, well designed maps, and a fun cast. And while you all might not be able to appreciate it (except you Opossum Opossum you the best) that doesn’t mean that an unparalleled genius like Masahiro Sakurai can’t. I’m sure he could see the vast moveset potential, unique abilities, and variety of stages and assists that this game could provide.

(I could go on but I’m super busy today and I don’t have any more time to fanboy about this game atm)

Yeah haha it’s not happening

Want: 100000000%
(or just 100% I guess)

S.T.E.A.M is one of my favorite 3DS games, and one of the most entertaining strategy games I have ever played. I love it’s music, I adore it’s cast, I love how quirky and weird it gets, and I find it a blast to play. If by any possible miracle Sakurai decided to add Henry to Smash, I think I might tear up, just because of how excited I would be to see the series get representation in Nintendo’s biggest gathering.
I would willingly cut any one of my mains to get this character, and never ask for another one again.

Noms: Tingle x5

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Henry Fleming Chance: 18%

I can't say I think of this character being very likely at all considering he comes from one game that......pretty much flopped.

Want: Abstain

Haven't played the game, I know next to nothing about the character or the gameplay, so I've got nothing else to say here.

Nominations: Tetra x5

NNID
Majorasmask66
Henry Fleming

It did pretty bad but also I don’t see much fan demand for him.

Want: 45%
Never played the game but I think he looks like he might be a pretty fun keep away character. Maybe he can use some of the other characters weapons too.

Nominations: Wonder Red x5

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Henry Fleming

I don't think Intelligent Systems even cares about the franchise enough to push for him.

Nominations: Arle Nadja x5

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Henry the Eighth I am, I am.

Chance: 10%
I can absolutely see him being an assist, I think STEAM has more than earned at least some kind of representation along the likes of other series. But as a fighter... well, I think the reasoning against him has been driven home at this point.

Want: 95%
It sucks that it has to be like this, because Henry has SO much move-set potential, and he would bring such an absolutely unique and interesting kit along with him. I actually picked STEAM back up last week after having put it down for awhile and I'm having a blast. I really do think he'd be a great addition to the roster, but alas...

Geno x5

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Murica

Chance- 1%
The series that fell on its face the moment it came out. Definetley some trophies, maybe some music, a level if were lucky, but not a character.

Want- 0%
I have no attachment to this character. A game where you play as characters based on classic American heros and literature and kill aliens sounds amazing, but its a turned based RPG, a genre I am not a fan of.

Ashley- 35.22%

Thwomp X 10

The day of thwompening is approaching, slow but steady. Like a Thwomp rising after crushing an opponent.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I knew so little of this game, I decided to go and watch some gameplay videos and reviews...and holy crap, it looks actually kind of fun?

I think the title(which honestly sounds like a PLACEHOLDER NAME) and designation as a strategy game are roadblocks to this not doing very well, but this doesn't look anywhere near as static or slow paced as I found some of the other offerings...I may actually have to pick this game up when I find my 3DS again...

I'm sure others have no experience with the game either so here's a quick look:

Henry Fleming
Chance; 5%
Being generous, but there was a lot of fuss about the game pre-launch. Feels like Nintendo had some faith in the project but it failed to grab the public's interest. Always the issue with strategy games, they're a rather niche genre in a world with so many flashing lights, loud noises and distractions.

Want: 52%
Ok, so I'm not precisely a fan having not known ANYTHING about Codename STEAM prior to today, and honestly the fact they're based on litary characters is mildly offputting, I think I want to see it get some love. I'd be more happy than not if he got in.

Right now I'm not sure if I'd like Fleming in particular, but he's the main character so he'd be the one repped if any.

Ashley Prediction: 16%

Nominations:
Fire Emblem Heroes Summoner X 5

Last edited:

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
If I give x5 to Arcade Bunny will it save him from being deleted?

Henry

Chance 5%
Want Abstain

I always wanted to try his game, but my 3ds broke down and I never fixed it. Maybe I’ll get to when I do, his game looks fun. About him in smash, he has AT written all over him. It sucks that his game bombed and usually the not-so successful games get saved for ATs.

If it saves him Arcade Bunny x5
If not then let me know

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Henry Fleming

Want: ABSTAINED

Not happening, it'd be a miracle if he got in after the game bombed.

Nominate

New Donk City x4
Lucas x1

Ashley Prediction: 27.34%

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Henry Fleming
His game was not successful.

Eh, nothing against the game (I enjoyed the demo and the concept seemed cool though I never bought the game), but no thanks.

Ashley: 33.33%
Nominations: Starfy x5

Top Bottom