• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Literally Who again

Chance: 1%
Want: 0%

While Terry may be the biggest name in King of Fighters, the series itself isn’t one of the biggest names worldwide. Look at all of the abstentions today - should say something about his visibility. And there lies his biggest problem: he’s obscure to desent parts of the world.

All of the third parties we had now exist on the continuum between absolute icons and recognizable to most gamers. KoF is a pretty regional fighting game - popular in the east, nearly unheard of in the west besides its company’s penchant for difficult bosses. At least Mortal Kombat is known about in the east...though not necessarily for the games themselves.

We’ve yet to get a Lucas-level obscure third party, so I’m not thinking this is gonna happen. And I don’t need more third parties that people can’t identify by their look alone. After all, this guy really does look like Ken on an off-day...

Nom: Dovahkiin x5

Last edited:

aarchak

Smash Ace
Terry Bogard

Chance: 10%
With so many all-stars and fan favorites we have yet to put in, I don't see him having a chance. Never mind that he isn't internationally popular, which could destroy a third party's chances.
Want: 40%
He'd probably be cool to play, and I don't know much about him, so it would be neat to learn about what he can do. I'm not sure if he really deserves a spot though.

Nominations
FE Spear User x5

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
TERRY BOGARD

Another character of a large series that I don't play that needs to be rated. For one thing, I don't think that he has had enough requests or support in general to make it in. As the main character of the Fatal Fury series, I guess he may have a chance if Fatal Fury is even represented. I just don't think that it WILL be represented. SNK Heroines kind of helps him, even if he isn't really "present" in that game. Just the fact that SNK is willing to work with Nintendo to get a game on the Switch should help. I guess Terry kind of has a shot...

Let's just say that I'm not an avid supporter for his cause, but I guess it'll be cool if he got in. There isn't all that much that compels me to really WANT him, besides the fact that he's a big name within a big series. I don't think that Fatal Fury is prominent enough for him to earn one of the coveted few spots that are left. This isn't to say he isn't popular, but he isn't really a popular pick for a character on the roster. I personally wouldn't mind, but he isn't my biggest priority...

Want: 7.5%

Noms: Quote x3, Stanley the Bugman x2

Tew

Smash Apprentice
Terry Bogard:

Chance: 8%
Bit shorter today.
Pros:
He is very likely the most popular SNK character out there and maybe the only one with even a chance to make it into Smash. SNK games have appeared on multiple Nintendo consoles and seem to have a revival right now. The moveset should also be less of a problem than for a character like Heihachi.

Cons:
The SNK revival is sadly too late and he just isn´t well known in the general public. I could possibly seem him as a DLC fighter, but even that seems unlikely.

Want: 15%

Besides Smash and other Platform fighters like Rivals of Aether and Brawlhalla, I am really not a fan of 2D and 3D fighters. It doesn´t help that the most likely characters from that genre for Smash right now are Ken and Heihachi, 2 characters I think are pretty uninteresting as possible fighters. Personally, I would prefer Terry over those two, I feel like his style/design would fit better in Smash and that he could also be a bit more unique.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Prediction:

Gardevoir: 15%
Reinhardt: 0,9%

Nomination:
Fjorm: 5x
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Terry Bogard

Want: 100%

Love SNK fighting games. I got Fatal Fury games, Art of Fighting games, King of Fighters games, and other SNK fighting games from Wii Virtual Console. They are also available on Switch eShop.

I don't care if I am not good at 2D fighting games from the 1990s. I just have fun playing them with my brother. We button mash till we figure out how to do special moves... and then we spam those special moves against each other.

SNK fighting games do have history with Nintendo dating back to the SNES days. And like I said before, they are available on Wii Virtual Console and Switch eShop.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Are you okay
Chance: 5%
If we're gonna get a rep from another third-party fighting game franchise, It's likely gonna be Tekken. Wth all those Neo Geo games on the Switch he perhaps has a shot at DLC but there's not enough support and he'd be kinda redundant with Ryu (and likely Ken) already being in the game representing 2D fighting games.

Want: 60%
I do feel like trying out some of those Fatal Fury/King of Fighters soon and he looks like a pretty fun character. Can we all please ignore the girl version of him however?

The Prince x5

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Terry Bogard

Chance: 3%
Want: Abstain

I know next to nothing about SNK, but I can recognize Terry any day of the week as "that trucker guy from a video game". If a character from Fatal Fury (or SNK in general) were to get in Smash, it would be Terry. But nothing indicates that such a possibility is even on Sakurai's radar. And with Ultimate being so focused on classic Nintendo characters who have been tossed to the side for past installments, or fan-favorite characters getting a hype-inducing revival, Terry would feel incredibly out of place.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I believe King of Fighters was one of the popular arcade games in the 90s that pushed the fighting genre forward alongside Street Fighter II and Tekken. The first game was actually played by Sakurai, with him writing a detailed story on Famitsu about his memories of playing the game. If any SNK character were chosen, it would be Terry. That being said, I am not so sure if Sakurai would look into SNK for characters. The company does not really have any IPs that were a consistent real breakout hit, at least not to a higher degree as big companies than even Koei Tecmo and Level-5. I do not believe that he will be on the radar when Sakurai is choosing the remaining Japanese third-party gaming icons with notable franchise popularity for the base game. Maybe Terry will be a newcomer down the line as DLC if Sakurai continues the tradition of adding Japanese third-parties, but I feel Terry would be one of the last characters considered and chosen, considering that even SNK's biggest IP is less globally popular than other Japanese franchises like Tales of Symphonia, Professor Layton, and Devil May Cry.

-----------

x5 Hanafuda character

KeyOh

Smash Cadet
Terry Bogard
I highly doubt Terry and SNK were on Sakurai's mind when planning the roster of the base game. SNK wasn't doing too much in 2015 and Terry didn't seem to have any substantial support on the ballot. At this point I doubt there's more than one or maybe two unique third party newcomers left to be revealed, and whatever was chosen was likely highly requested among Smash fans. With that said, if SNK did get a playable character it would most likely be Terry. He's appeared in a pretty large number of games over the years and that's probably not going to stop any time soon. They even dug up an old genderbent version of him so he could be put into SNK Heroines. I don't think he has any serious chance in the base roster, but if SNK continues to stay relevant and support the Switch as well as they have I see him as a very likely DLC character.
Want: 70%
Terry's a fun character and pretty iconic too. He's got a really nice looking design and I think he'd fit into Smash well. I don't think I'd play him too much if he would be added, but he'd be a really cool character to see on the roster. I'm all for adding iconic characters from other fighting games to Smash.
Also, just imagine Kirby copying him and wearing the Fatal Fury hat.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Terry Bogard want: 0% (5-10)

Fiery punch and kick guy. Captain Falcon already fills this niche, even if Terry has more fire. It seems to me that people are tending too much towards "main characters," when other characters would add more diversity to the game.

Nominations:

FE Spear User x5

* Indicates percentage penalty for potentially taking a slot from most wanted characters

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Terry Bogard

Chance - 0.5% - I don't see it. Only really iconic within the Fighting Game community, Terry just doesn't have the star power to drive the sales. There isn't some Smash fan base for him, either. I don't see it.

Want - 35% - Keep fighting game characters out. Either they end up going too close to a character already in, or they break the game with their special gimmicky inputs. Neither seems appealing to me.

Nominations

Reimu Hakurei X5

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
Terry Bogard
Chance 20%
One of most popular SNK characters plus Sakurai plays KOF95 but has low chance due to SNK games not being as popular plus people might want Kyo or Athena to be the SNK Rep
Want 100%
Terry Bogard is awesome and his moveset is different from Ryu's plus he can be the SNK Character Rep
WarioWare NewcomerX2
F-Zero NewcomerX2

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Terry
Chance: 0.1%
Yet another third party character with almost no fan demand for Smash. Also a pretty obscure character compared to the other third parties in Smash.
Want: N/A

Gardevior prediction: 10%
Trophy prediction: Everyone will abstain from rating this, and the people that don't will rate 50%
Noms: Louie x5

Last edited:

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
Terry Bogard

Out of all the SNK characters we could get in Smash, Terry is the most likely candidate due to being iconic. However, it's highly unlikely that Sakurai might put him in because the roster is limited and the fact that the SNK revival came out too late. He could get in as a DLC character, but in the base roster, he has no chance.

Want: 5%
I really don't want another fighting game character to appear in Smash, aside from Ryu and Heihachi. Two is more than enough for me, honestly. Besides, there are other characters that are more iconic than Terry that should get in first before him.

Nominations:
Melemele Island Stage x5

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
Terry:

Chance: 10%? Doesn't look good. I don't think SNK is quite a big enough name company to get the recognition over a lot of other options. His series DID just a get a decently-received mobile game, so they are probably flush with cash. I wish this came out earlier so that it actually affected his chances before the design doc was completed.

Want: 20%
I'm not a huge SNK fan compared to Capcom and ArcSys. The Fatal Fury anime and all its cheesiness will always live on in my nostalgia, but Terry's not a priority for me at all.

Noms: Did I miss Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia? Did he ever get a rerating? I don't see it in the OPs. All my noms for Lloyd if he's eligible. Just kidding. Uh... All noms for FE9/10 Black Knight as a boss.

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Noms: Did I miss Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia? Did he ever get a rerating? I don't see it in the OPs. All my noms for Lloyd if he's eligible
Lloyd did get a rating a few days ago along with Heihachi. The OP hasn't actually been updated in a while. Are you sure you want to put all your nominations on him?

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Terry

Chance - Abstaining

Want 40%

I wouldn't mind having Terry in Smash (though I'd rather have Hotaru Futaba) I think he's the furthest fighting character from Sakurai's mind.
Heihachi seems more likely to be the next fighting genre character even though I don't want him (I'd prefer Ling Xiaoyu or a another kung Fu based fighter instead).

Nomination - Amaterasu x5

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Terry Bogard
With Heihachi not even being 100% at this point, Terry has some major hurdles to jump. I'm not too sure about his general popularity, but I don't think it beats out Ryu's or Heihachi's. Not to mention, we've recently been told that newcomer reveals will be taking a back seat for now.
Want: Abstain
No real knowledge of SNK whatsoever, so I'll have to sit this one out. Personally though, knowing he's from a fighting game series, I'd probably pass on him. Ryu fills that niche well enough IMO.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Gardevoir
Chance 3%
It's technically possible but it faces too much competition. Even from its own generation, it has Blaziken, Sceptile and Deoxys.
Want 30%
Better than the current popular choice, and it's a cool Pokemon. But I'd just prefer others

Abstain on the trophy

Nominate No more Stages

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Gardevoir

Gardevoir is an incredibly popular Pokemon (both for good and very, very bad reasons), her pokeball hasn't been shown yet, and IIRC there was a rumor that she'd be in with Gothitelle as her echo. I think the person who started that rumor predicted some things in the past but don't quote me on that. Either way, she has a ton of competition with Incineroar (who is basically confirmed at this point) along with possible other Gen VII reps. Even going by Gen III, she has competition with Sceptile who is arguably way more popular.

Want: 75%
Gardevoir is my favorite psychic type after Gothitelle and Gen III is the one I grew up with. She could incorporate psychic and fairy moves (Jiggs can't since she was in Smash before fairy types) so she has a lot of moveset potential too.

-----

Reinhardt trophy

I can't see them going out of their way to create a brand new 3D Reinhardt model. For FE trophies they'll probably just reuse models from FE Warriors (maybe even SoV and Fates) and call it a day. The only thing Reinhardt has going for him was that he's kind of a meme in the FE Heroes community, but even then that's started to die down with the rise of stronger units. If anyone that has a strong association with Heroes were to get trophies, it'd be Fjorm and the 3 starting heroes.

Want: 50%
Don't really care either way. If we got one that'd be nice but if not then I won't mind at all.

Phoenix Wright chance prediction: 9.64%

Nominations: Kyo Kusanagi x5

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
Gardevoir:
Chance: 3%
Seems really unlikely, but potentially could be some kind of Mewtwo Echo?

Want: 1%
Don't need more Psychic types when we have the ultimate Psychic type in the game already. Honestly I don't want any overlapping types in Smash Pokemon if possible...

Reinhardt trophy:
Chance: 80% (collectible trophy), 3% (assist trophy)
Seems really unlikely, but MEME MONEY POWER! Fire Emblem Heroes is a huge cashcow for Nintendo. And Reinhardt would get to pull double-duty as a Heroes rep AND an FE5/classic rep among the assist trophies.

Want: 90% (both)
...I really like MemeReinhardt and I think a horseback Assist Trophy flinging lightning around would be cool.

Nominations: Bowsette x5 justkidding Metroidvania Adventure Mode x5

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Abstaining from the trophy because there's not much to offer there.

Gardivour:

Chance: 5: since her Pokeball was removed I suppose there's a non 0 chance here, but I really don't expect it. Don't think there was much ballot support and with a host of Gen 7 Pokemon likely ahead of her, and probably not even the most likely Gen 3 Pokemon, I don't really see the case here and I think it's more likely Gardy was just removed from the game entirely.

Want 0: Not really a fan of Gardy really and she's buried pretty far on my want list for new Pokemon. If I'm picking a Gen 3 rep it's probably Blaziken or sceptile, and if the entire smash roster was up to me the two of them are probably on the wrong side of the bubble anyhow. Feels like most of the suggestions I've seen want Gardivour in because they want a gen 3 rep in instead of Gardivour herself.

Nominations:
Joker from Persona - x3
silvally x2

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I’m surprised by how many people said they don’t want video game characters in Smash when rating Terry. I think it’s unfair to exclude characters just because they’re from the same genre of games as Smash.

Concept: Hanafuda Character x297
Rowlet x290
Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x280
Concept: Disconfirmed Characters as DLC x256
Ray (Custom Robo) x237
Amaterasu x235
Linkle x227

Over 200

Thwomp x226
No More Stages x221

200 - 151

Balloon Fighter x192
Fjorm (Fire Emblem) x190
Louie x190
Rick/Coo/Kine x189
DeMille x188
Concept: Metroidvania-like Adventure Mode x187
Concept: More than five unique newcomers (excl. Ridley/Daisy/Inkling) x185
Papyrus x180
Tsubasa Oribe x160
Concept: All-Star Versus x158
Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x155
Fire Emblem Three Houses Protagonist x155
Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x151

150 - 101

Item: Beast Ball x150
Concept: Punch Out Newcomer x145
Dovahkiin x145
Reimu Hakurei x145
Barbara the Bat x132
Project Zero/Fatal Frame Protagonist x132
Stage: Poke Floats x130
2B x126
Guzma (Pokémon) x120
Klonoa x117
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x115
Concept: Pikmin Newcomer x115
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x114
Zeraora (Pokemon) x113
Gooey x110
Edelgard x110
Raiden (Metal Gear) x110
Susie Haltmann x109
Daroach x102
Tora & Poppi x102

100 - 51

Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x96
Viewtiful Joe x95
Concept: Only 4-6 newcomers for base roster x90
Black Knight as a boss character x85
Silvally x79
Chorus Kids x77
Yu Narakumi x76
Frank West x75
Veronica x73
9-Volt x67
Item: Breidablik x65
Toon Zelda x64
Endou Mamoru x62
Concept: Historical Character x60
Slime x58
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei Character x56
Leo (Fire Emblem) x55
Kyo Kusanagi x55
Concept: Wars Characters x53
Xurkitree (Pokémon) x53
Takumi (Fire Emblem) x51

50 - 25

Rhythm Girl x50
Sans as a boss character x50
[Rerate] Spyro x45
Concept: Unique newcomer with low support (less than 20 supporters on Smashboards) x40
Concept: Xenoblade newcomer x40
Earthworm Jim x39
Adeleine x39
Donbe and Hikari (Shin Onigashima) x39
Stage: Ultra Space x35
Assist Trophy: Chun-Li x35
Concept: Cross series Echoes x30
The Prince (Katamari) x30
Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong x25
Blacephalon (Pokemon) x25
Master Chief x25
Concept: DLC character pass x25

Under 25

Box Theory x24
Concept: Break the Targets & Board the Platforms stage builder x20
[Rerate] Concept: Zelda newcomer x20
Stage: Melemele Island x20
Sub-Zero x17
Concept: Modern Kirby Stage (Post Kirby Air Ride) x15
Concept: Custom Moves return x15
Concept: Custom Alternate Colors x15
Alexandra Roivas x15
Kat & Ana x15
[Rerate] Cranky Kong x15
Big Boss x15
Ryuhi (Flying Dragon) x10
Metal Sonic x10
Dr. Lobe (Big Brain Academy) x10
Cross (Xenoblade Chronicles X) x10
Break the Targets x10
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x10
Concept: Dragon Quest content x10
[Rerate] Steve? x10
Joker (Persona) x10
Volleyball Girl (NES Volleyball) x8
Concept: Stage Builder x8
[Rerate] Excitebiker x6
Zeke (Xenoblade 2) x6
Quote x6
Stage: Gyromite Stage x5
Nia (Hyrule Warriors) x5
Concept: Valve Newcomer x5
Concept: SR388 Stage x5
Concept: Playable Indie Character x5
Blaze the Cat x5
Alm x5
[Rerate] Octoling x5
[Rerate] Gengar x5
Yandere Chan (Yandere Simulator) x5
Concept: Team Rocket as a Pokémon Trainer Echo x5
Cooking Mama x5
Playable Master Hand x5
Pam (Stardew Valley) x5
Captain Syrup x5
Concept: Return of Palutena’s Guidance/Codec Calls x5
Concept: Free DLC characters x5
Jin (Xenoblade) x5
Concept: Assist Trophy DLC x5
[Rerate] Black Shadow x5
Doshin the Giant x5
Stage: Mute City Melee x5
[Rerate] Lloyd Irving x5
[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x5
[Rerate] Sora x5
Saki Amamiya x5
Bartz Klauser x5
Blog Theory x5
King Hippo x4
[Rerate] Ayumi Tachibana x4
Concept: New Yoshi item x4
Black Mage x4
Stanley the Bugman x3
Concept: WarioWare newcomer x2
Concept: F-Zero newcomer x2
Diskun x1
Item: Wumpa Fruit x1
Birdo x1

Kyo Kusanagi and Xurkitree cross 50 nominations each.

Concept: DLC character pass reaches 25 noms.

Today’s newcomers are Sin & Punishment’s Saki Amamiya and Final Fantasy V’s Bartz Klauser, each with 5 nominations.

DjinnandTonic DjinnandTonic Bowsette isn’t a videogame character, so you should change your nominations if you want them to count.

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Gardevoir

I highly doubt they would add Gardevoir into Smash, even if she didn't appear in the Pokeball item or coming from a leak. She just has too much competition with other Pokemon, namely Incineroar, Decidueye and Lycanroc from Gen 7, even in her own generation, she still has some competition with the more popular Sceptile and probably Blaziken.

Out of all the Gen 3 Pokemon that I want in Smash, Gardevoir is not one of those Pokemon. Even if it comes from a leak, unless it's from Verg, I won't believe such leaks. If we're getting a Gen 3 rep in this game, it has to be either Sceptile or Blaziken.

Reinhardt Trophy

Chance: 0%
...Would Sakurai really be willing to put a trophy of Reinhardt just because of his memetic status in FEH? I really don't think so. Even if we're getting a trophy based on a Fire Emblem character, it's most likely going to be either Fjorm or any of the Askr Trio.

Want: 20%
I gotta admit, I really like Reinhardt in FEH, but having a trophy of him in Smash is just...unlikely and stupid. Just because a character is popular due to memes doesn't mean it deserved to be in the game as a trophy.

Nominations:
Kyo Kusanagi x5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Rule 34

It's another assist character whose asisst hasn't been seen yet! 1000% confirmed!!!1!!1!!1

Gardevoir's an interesting one to consider. Gen 3 is the black sheep of the family to a lot of people (not that it doesn't have fans - the remakes were very well received), but that's softened of late. She's definitely the breakout star of gen 3 though, considering her appearance in Pokken, her mega, her alternate-gender evolutionary relative in a later gen, and her...erm...fanart.

Still, there's no series where the competition is as fierce as Pokémon. Even with 90% of the potentials too unpopular to be counted, there are still so many possibles from all of the gens to consider, and Gardy's not got much in the way of relevance in the games themselves outside of being Wally's ace.

Gardevoir's one of the few gen 3 mons I actually like, and - with Jiggles having an established Normal-type moveset - it would be cool to have someone actually represent the new Fairy-type. I always thought her Pokéball was a bit on the boring side, so I hope that even if she stays a summon, that she could get something cooler.

Fire Emblem Trophy

abstain

...? I must be out of the loop on this one. This guy's a meme? I don't know Fire Emblem. But sure, I'm up for buttloads of trophies, so why not?

Nom: Dovahkiin x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Gardevoir

Chance: 15%
Maybe? I think if the idea is to have this be the Ultimate Smash game, it makes sense to have the Pokémon newcomer be an iconic oldie rather than an unproven new one. Still, as far as oldies go, Gardevoir definitely faces competition. However, she might have an edge in that she’s a more traditionally ‘female-appeal’ Pokémon, which might tip Sakurai over towards choosing her.

Want: 95%
Sure. She cool.

Reinhardt gets a trophy

Let me tell you a story. Before today, I thought this concept referred to Reinhardt from Overwatch. ‘Weird’ I thought, but whatever. Not like it’s weirder than the truth.

Anyway, today I see the title, and I go, ‘huh?’. I’m a huge Fire Emblem fan, and I didn’t know who this Reinhardt was. So I looked him up.

He’s a one-off villain from Thracia 776. Who became a meme due to FE Heroes.

Double ****ing zeroes

Nominations: Saki Amamiya X5

Last edited:

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Gardevoir

Chance: uh...5%?
It's not as if this Pokemon isn't popular, but I don't see Game "we love using Smash to promote our already blockbuster franchise" Freak bringing back a Gen 3 Pokemon when we're between Gens 7 and 8, it'd be like them putting in Zoroark over Greninja in 4.

I remember using a Gardevoir forever ago on my original Ruby team, I wanted one because I knew how rare it was and it did not disappoint. I've always been fond of it but it's never been like, my favorite Pokemon or anything. I'd be happy to see it in Smash though there are other Pokemon I'd put before it.

Reinhardt

From Overwatch? No? From FE? Next.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Gardevoir
Gen 3 remake timing and general popularity could make this happen, but still unlikely. I do think she'd be the most likely gen 3 choice for a Pokemon newcomer.

Want: 85%
Absolutely. Gardevoir has always been one of my favorite Pokemon.

Reinhardt trophy
Chance: .01%
Seriously? We're rating this? What a joke.

I play Fire Emblem Heroes. I've played since the game launched. I have a 5* lv 40+1 +atk/-res Reinhardt with Death Blow 3 and Lancebreaker. I visit FEH Reddit, I know the memes. Basically, I'm in the loop. But Reinhardt is just a meme. FEH can capitalize on stuff like that all it wants, but Sakurai isn't going to go making a new 3D model for what is otherwise a bit character from a Japan-only game that has cult status at best because of popularity that cropped up in the past year or so. Even if stickers come back I would doubt Reinhardt will appear in this game at all.

Want: 1%
If it happened naturally, I wouldn't mind. But right now, I know that if it happened it would be because of meme popularity, and I'm not cool with that.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Chance: 50%

It's more popular than probably all Gen 7 Pokémon, and as we've seen with :ultkrool:, relevance is no longer an issue.

Want: 85%

It's my 11th favorite Pokémon, and it's become the Pokémon I want the most. There are several possible movesets for it, especially compared to other Pokémon.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Gardevoir
Chance 12%
If Sakurai wanted to, I could see him choosing Gardevoir over a newer Pokemon. It's popular, and it's from a gen he missed. Still, with all that has happened lately, it can be rather hard believe...
Want 75%
Even if I want to believe it. I like Gardevoir and I do think they could be a unique rep. It would be nice to try and get al gens represented as well, and although we still have gen 5 with no rep, this would be a step in the right direction for that.
Reinhardt
Abstain from both. I don't know much about him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Gardevoir
Want: 30%

Popularity aside, it has several serious contestants for a 3G rep, if we ever get one.
And while Gardevoir is among my Top favorite Pokémon, I think we're fine with the ones we already have.

Abstaining on Reinhardt trophy (why not anyway?).

Noms:
Metroidvania-like adventure mode x5

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
GOTHITELLE BUT NOT UGLY
Chance: 15%

At this point, we're probably getting Incineroar or another Gen 7 Pokémon as our newcomer. If Gardevoir gets in, it will probably be DLC. Also I'm indifferent about Gardevoir.

"JUSTICE WILL BE DONE!"
Overwatch chance: 1%
Fire emblem chance: 1%
Overwatch want: 100%
Fire emblem want: 0%
Overwatch Trophy chance: 5%
Fire emblem trophy chance: 25%

OVERWATCH: I play this game quite a lot on Xbox, and it's extremely fun. Reinhardt is an honored crusader from Germany who served during the Omnic Crisis, with an interesting personality and massive power. He has a lot of moveset potential and carries a massive energy shield to protect himself and his teammates. He also has a fire strike projectile, a massive hammer, and can charge into his enemies for massive damage. The problem is that his game came out after the Smash ballot, and that he's barely requested. Also Overwatch has yet to appear on switch, which also hurts his chances. However, Jeff Kaplan, the creator of Overwatch has said that he wants the game to be playable on Switch, but he's unsure about the console's limitations. The most chance he has is in the form of a collectible trophy.

FIRE EMBLEM?: Since Opossum has been nominating a Reinhardt trophy, I've always thought he was talking about Overwatch, until I found out that a fire emblem Reinhardt exists. According to many other users on Smashboards, this Reinhardt is nothing but a meme, and after looking him up, he seems like a generic sword fighter. (which everyone is sick and tired of) If we're getting a new fire emblem character, make it the Black Knight. Also nobody voted for him.

Nominations: Xurkitree x5

zferolie

Smash Hero
YEs time for one of my favorite pokemon.

Gardevoir
Chance: 50%

I know theres the Vergeben leaks saying Incineroar is a shoe in. But I'm still going with it could be wrong or he could be hearing about DLC. Just because Greninja got in due to Pokemon company pushing it before the design was set doesn't mean it has to happen again. Remember, Sakurai had the roster set sometime in early 2016, or so we have been told. Yes we could have another Greninja situation, but lets take the devils advicote and say we don,t and Sakurai instead decided to wait and see which would be popular, and set it as an early DLC character. I am sure talks have started on who will be dlc, but they haven't started working on them just yet.

If we take that route, I see Sakurai taking a Gen 3 or a Gen 5 pokemon. Gardevoir is a very popular character for many reasons. Some of those reasons cannot be said here ;) , but Nintendo and gamefreak knows she is popular. She has a lot of merch, has gotten a mega evo, has gotten a side evo, and has appeared in Pokken. She has the potential to be a very interesting fighter, focused on a more graceful fighting style as well as some delayed attacks like future sight.

For those who say we don't need another psychic type remember she is a fairy type too. And while Jigglypuff is also part fairy she focus's more on normal type attacks while Gardevoir could focus more on the fairy side of attacks. Plus those people who say that also want Incineroar or Decidueye, and we already have grass and fire rep(though they are ghost and dark types too which could work)

Want: 75%

As I said, I want her more then other pokemon. She would be a great addition to give some of the older gens some rep they deserve.

Nom: Donbe and Hikari x5 I will not stop nominating them :p

Last edited:

aarchak

Smash Ace
Gardevoir
Chance: 0%
We're getting a gen 7 rep. It makes no sense to back a few generations just to pick this one character, unless it's THAT important and popular (which it isn't).
Why would I want some old, unimportant Pokemon over something new and fresh? I have nothing against Gardevoir personally, but it isn't really new enough or important enough to grab my attention.

The Trophy for Reinhardt

I don't see them making a trophy line for Thracia 776, but they have a slight chance of making an exception for Reinhardt. He's a meme in the community, and IS has indeed been paying attention to our memes, so they might throw us a bone.
Yes, Reinhardt would be cool to have as a trophy. The more the merrier.

Nominations
FE spear User x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Gardevoir
Chance: 0.01%
We're not getting a Gen 3 rep (sadly)
, sorry people. Even if we are it would likely be Sceptile or Grovyle. She isn't making it as an echoe of Mewtwo and Rosalina/Zelda either. She lacks a tail and I doubt we'll be getting any cross-series echoe fighters..

I like the Pokemon but just because I like it doesn't mean I want it in Smash. It isn't a starter and doesn't have a prominent in the anime so this would just be a random inclusion to me.

Abstaining from trophy because who cares...

The Prince x5

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
abstaing from trophy

Gadevoir
chance
yeah nope not in. Its Gen 7 or bust if they would have added a Gen 3 rep it would have been in smash 4 and even then it had to fight against Skeptile.

want
many other pokemon I want before her. And personally I feel its place as a AT fits her.
20%

nominanating
rick coo and kine x5

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
GARDEVOIR

A couple years ago, I would have said it would be more likely. I personally don't see it happening. The only pokemon from Gen 3 that I would love to see would be Sceptile, but his time from Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire has also past passed. It is time for Gen 7, which is going to be more than likely Incineroar. No more than 1 pokemon are going to be added, for Incineroar is just too likely to not even give Gardevoir a chance...

Chance: 2.5%

It would be cool to see Gardevoir playable, despite the low odds. Not all that cool though, she seems like she would probably play like Rosalina without a Luma, to be fair. Similar body types. Just not all that interesting, and I would rather keep her as a pokeball pokemon...

Want: 7.5%

REINHARDT (gets a trophy)

Abstaining from chance.

The more the merrier I guess? I don't see any objection to having MORE trophies, but I would be upset if we would cut other trophies for his sake. I never saw the memes, but if we are assuming that there is no consequence for his inclusion, then I probably wouldn't mind...

Want: 80%, because magic is everything. Okay, I saw some memes

I'm too lazy to write a full fledged article like I've done in the past. I'll just get right to noms...

Toon Zelda x1
9-Volt x1
[Concept] Any Minecraft Representation x1*
Saki Amamiya x2

*this is pretty much the follow up to the already covered "[Concept] Any Skyrim representation". I think it's a safe bet that Steve will NOT be coming, but there has been a lot of talk recently about Minecraft being repped, so yeah. I also want to get some votes in for Saki so I'll give two there, and 1 to Toon Zelda and 9-Volt (so they don't get wiped during the nomination clearing bound to happen soon) and Minecraft repping.

Last edited:
Top Bottom