• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Okay, fewer popular characters. fine. But Characters that no one in the U.S. or Europe has ever heard of? That might have not offered anything new to gaming? Who can't really judge because Ferro can't too much information on his games on THE INTERNET? Huh? I do not understand why he could even be considered. He isn't a mainstream or cult favorite, it seems. He's just...there. And I don't trust American perceptions of how people think in Japan that much. We always seem pretty biased by the bit of their culture we get over here. Maybe 5%, just because I could be mistaken about him.

nominte miix5. (We were so close! And we came so far!)

EDIT:

Do you actually read posts? Or do you just skim through looking for keywords to respond to? "Someone wrote the words 'Master Chief?!' Moron." I know he wouldn't get in. I said he wouldn't get in. I just said, he represents games. Halo is one of the most popular games of all time, and a lot of the mainstream perception of games is influenced by it. That's all.

I read your post, and I agree, that Master Chief has a 0% chance for Brawl. I agree with you, I know he has no chance, and I understood what you meant. I just don't think you understood what I meant. I was making jokes of people who say he actually has a chance, with you not intensions of insulting you at all!

As for Takamaru, I had to look Takamaru up! Mike Jones and Little Mac (classic characters like that) have a way higher chance than Takamaru! I doubt they'll add any Japan only characters, with exceptions like Staffy! I think that a character will most likely need to be well-known in Europe, Japan, and North America to get into SSBB (Staffy=exception).

I give him a 25% of appearing in Brawl as a character, just because sword-wielding characters, villian, and female characters are needed heavily!

I nominate The Wind Waker (Cel-Shaded) Link x5! He awsome! Represent LOZ all!

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
This is the first character I've never even heard of, so I looked him up, and one thing that instantly brought down his brawl chances was there's blood on his sword. He looks like a generic swordsman. He's from some old japanese game that seems to be an extinct series.

5%

Nominations:
Cloudx3
Gengarx2

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dude, that was just a FAN drawn picture... ;>_> He's a samurai, and thus nowhere being generic. And the fact that he's a retro character doesn't limited his changes, since I bet there are gonna be more of them in Brawl!

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
You're seriously not going to rate him? Like, at all?

I want him in, but I also say Takamaru has a chance. A slim chance. I mean, he was only in one game, and it was exclusive to Japan! Hmmm...

I give him... 50%

Nominations:
Captain Syrup x5

D

Deleted member

I salute thee FlipTroopa, king of character suggestions.

However, I give Taky 60% at best, simply because he was in one Japanese game, which never reached overseas. However, Marth might have something to say about that...

Nominate Ralphx3, Ephraimx2

LostAddict

Smash Apprentice
Hrm... 6% chance. For the shear fact I keep seeing him mentioned everywhere. And the whole "you never know!" factor. But yeah, highly doubt it.

Nominate Tom Nook x 5

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
He's a pretty big retro character in Japan, and I recall him being mentioned a few times on Sakurai's poll. Sakurai hasn't ruled out Japan only characters, and I'm sure westerners won't mind a Samurai getting in the game. Granted Stafy seems a lot more likely, but Takamaru still has fairly decent chance.

58%

Nominate: Ouendan (x5)

CHUK

Smash Ace
12% doesn't seem like a popular character, has no hardcore fan base to my knowledge. I nominate Leon 5 times (from Star Fox).

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
There's more likely going to be at least one other retro character besides Pit, and location of where his game was shouldn't matter. But a samurai from one single game? Meh...frankly Nintendo has got better classics they can use and the samurai sword fighting style is really represented in Marth (or whatever Fire Emblem main lord we get for those who actually believe he might not be back).

Was going to say 15% but I'll give him an extra 5 cause I think he landed on Sakuri's list.

20% overall

Wii x 1, Simon Belmont x 4

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Like the rest of the growing crowd, I've never heared of Takamaru. All I know is that he's a samurai and he's from a Japan-only game. While neither of those things rule him out by any means, they don't really scream 'must-have' to me. Or even 'likely' if I'm being honest. 30%

Nominate Tom Nook x5

Luminitrium

Smash Cadet
23 %. Not many know who he is and I bet even the casual gamer in Japan would not be able to remember what game he comes from. But, I guess there MIGHT be some sort of a chance for him, after all...he fits into Sakurai's catergories and is entirely eligable to be in it.

I nominate Vaati x5

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Heehee...W00T. I give him sixty percent. He doesn't seem to be very well received. :/ Oh well, FlipTroopa convinced me of his awesomeness so I thought he'd make an awesome addition. Yeah, I don't really have much in his favor besides his game's rerelease, being the sort of sister game to Zelda as Kid Icarus is to Metroid, his game disc's cameo in Pikmin 2, and the abundance of letters that Mr. Sakurai decided to display.

Um...three for Crono and two for Lucas.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I can't really say I like that first pic Matt - I like FryGuy64, but his art not so much... Also, don't forget to mention that moveset sketch sheet as being the work of FlipTroopa -quite creative, is he not?

Anyway, once more I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with these generally negatively biased percentages. While Sakurai-san did say something along the lines that he did not want to focus too much on Japanese-exclusive characters, he did not rule the out completely (please refer to Samurai Panda's translations). With regard to Japanese exclusve Nintendo characters, it is important to note that Nazo no Murasame-jou, the game in which Takamaru stars, is of a very similar status to that of Kid Icarus in the West - while it has not seen any additional installments in quite some time, it is none the less a beloved classic that has achieved a cult status among Japanese gamers. This fact alone makes him one of the most likely contenders for a Japanese exclusive character spot. FlipTroopa explains the character's potential chances much better than I could, so please refer to his Takamaru character thread - he's convinced me, at least... I give him an 85% chance for appearing in SSBB.

I nominate Mike Jones 5x.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
...15%, I think there's better Japan only characters rather than Takamaru (Stafy, Lucas and Sukapon).

Nominate Pac-Man x2, Deoxys x3.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I give him 50%, I don't seem to know much of him, in fact, not many here do at all, but he sounds like a cool character, some can only hope he is one of the Japan only characters Sakurai considers.

Paper Mario x5

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
This is a tough call. Sakurai did state that he wanted to stray away from Japanese exclusive characters, but he added that he still would put on in if it had any merit. I am not sure if Takamaru has first dibs on a Japanese exclusive character (I am sure there will be only one), but he has the retro factor going for him. And Sakurai seems to enjoy suprising his audience.

I will say 40 percent.

Belmont x 5

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Well alot of people do not know him, including me, and also Sakurai did he wanted to stay away from Japanese characters so Im not so sure he'll make it. I give him 35%

Nominations - Gex(x5)

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
i say 1%. a mii isnt really a video game character...rather, its an avatar of sorts, just something to put a face with a name. i really cant even see them being the new wire frames. they cant even really be considered 'characters', IMO.

nominating...simon belmont x5

Croco

Smash Lord
Miis?
98% chance.
Would be cool to even customize them with moves from other characters, clothing, and a winning theme.. sorta like how MK: Armageddon worked or Soul Calibur III.
It would odd if Sakurai said no the growing popularity of the Miis.

Nominations- Dr. Wright x5

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
...Eh, he did better then Waluigi, that seems good enough for me. And he did bettern then on the GameFAQ!

For Miis, I give 80% chance, probably for the same reason as Ferro.

Nominations:
Captain Syrup x4
Mr. Resetti x1

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
I say a 90% chance because they are new but they need to be more interactive and they appeared in wario ware Smooth move and are about to appear in Mario Party 8. Havung this would be cool a unique the Mii's could be WTF Characters. Having your face beating up Nintendo and thrid party character's would be cool in my opion.

I nominate: Rayman (x5)

Top Bottom